• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

ALSO
GUYS
SERA IS LOADED
WITH DOSH
WELL HIS FATHER IS AT LEAST

I knew that when we ran into Asshole the Knight. A level 22 Paladin playing babysitter wouldn't be cheap. And Sera is a her.

As for the risk? That's why we have a full party. Anything else pays too low to be worth it. As is we are only getting about 170 each. The other jobs will pay under 100 each unless we go gung ho on the rats and kill 40 of them or something.

Then we should do a dungeon. We're still mostly a bunch of level 2s, and our Escape Orb is useless outside of a dungeon. I like Sera, I don't want to wear her guts like a smock.

The big drawback is that we don't have any information on this monster. There's no safety net for us if it turns out to be stronger than D-rank. This is the danger of Missions. Challenge rating fluctuations based on intel.

As for the risk? That's why we have a full party. Anything else pays too low to be worth it. As is we are only getting about 170 each. The other jobs will pay under 100 each unless we go gung ho on the rats and kill 40 of them or something.
No. That's not why we have a full party. The mining town is recced for full party. Ogre's Den is recced for 2-man party. Crystal Lake is recced for 4-man party.

For example, would you be ok with doing Crystal lake D-rank right now? Then, would you be ok with doing the dungeon that's harder than Crystal lake at D-rank? those two in a rows? That's the difficulty of mining town. Because mining town is the equivalent of 'randome monster to get there' + 'bonus boss chance during travel', +'mining town, harder than crystal lake D-rank' +'bonus boss chance' +'mislabelled rank chance' +'no use of orb (dungeon only)' +'Travel back home at night, with random encounter and bonus boss change'

I will remind you that you could always split up a bit to do less difficult missions, the rewards are balanced to be decent for their recomended group size after all.

Also the tangent the thread went on last page amused me.

edited vote, mining down being D-rank and 5 people may end up being a bit too hard. Changed vote to wargs

I'd rather take the slight risk and go for the Mining Town. Wargs don't interest me. We faced them when we were level 1 and completely and utterly new. The rats are rats. Plus we'd have to go in the sewers. No thanks. The other two are E rank fetch and grabs. Boring.

The only thing remotely interesting is the Mining Town and I think our Party is well equipped enough to handle it. Everyone here has at least 2 uncommon items which boosts our rating higher. As long as we don't rush in, and handle the mission with a bit of caution I have full confidence our group can do it.

Besides the rank and party size doesn't actually tell us of the danger. It's the level that does that. The Graveyard is doable for lower level Branded for the right party size after all.

The rats might be drakes.
+brick joke+

EDIT: Switching to Wargs, since I also have some doubts about our ability and a wariness about intel.

[X] A farming village has been having troubles with Wargs raiding their livestock. The City of Altkhot is offering 450 Gilder to anyone who slays the warg pack. Minimum group of the three. This one is D rank

At any rate, this is us checking out on how Missions for Branded are handled, and not really doing it for the XP/JP/Gilder/Loot. Shimah, Maya, and Seraphine might have experiences on them, though.

Also, while I am so very tempted on going to pick herbs on a five-man party man and his harem, Anshelm will be so bored. :D

I'd rather take the slight risk and go for the Mining Town. Wargs don't interest me. We faced them when we were level 1 and completely and utterly new. The rats are rats. Plus we'd have to go in the sewers. No thanks. The other two are E rank fetch and grabs. Boring.
Rats are dangerous, and assuming Wargs are all the same is like assuming humans are all the same.

The only thing remotely interesting is the Mining Town and I think our Party is well equipped enough to handle it. Everyone here has at least 2 uncommon items which boosts our rating higher. As long as we don't rush in, and handle the mission with a bit of caution I have full confidence our group can do it.
Uncommon items boost out rating higher for E-Rank. It's normal for D-rank.

Besides the rank and party size doesn't actually tell us of the danger. It's the level that does that. The Graveyard is doable for lower level Branded for the right party size after all.
You are aware that Graveyard is the same level as crystal lake but with 5-cap people?

And what's this 'the rank doesn't tell us the difficulty' nonsense? we are flat out told it does. We have been flat out shown that, unless you believe that a 2-man D-rank Ogre Den would be easier to do, right now (with 2 people), than 2-manning Wailing Cavern E-rank (same level cap).

EDIT:

People should aslo be reminded our skills are not yet at D-rank either. We have 35/40JP on them. Likewise, Anshelm mentionned his are not either, and we can expect the same for Shimah/Sera.

We are currently a very high level E-rank party that can begin doing low-level D-rank stuff, not a proper D-rank pary.

Last edited:
Our job is D rank. Our equipment boosts our damage enough to qualify as a rank up. We might even earn the 5 JP needed on the trip over to the Mining Town.

Our job is D rank. Our equipment boosts our damage enough to qualify as a rank up. We might even earn the 5 JP needed on the trip over to the Mining Town.
You mean "we are between E-rank and D-rank, as we have lower D-rank gear and high E-rank stats?". Yes, and we /might/ edge out in lower D-rank class if we get attacked on the way. OTOH, this also means "using ressources on the way".

We have been shown that, EXP/JP wise, we are expected to get into D-rank skills/jobs at level 3, and level 5 means getting an accessory, so D-rank is probably levels 3-5. We have also been shown that D-rank rewards for dungeons inculdes new job crystals (maybe even uncommon ones), so D-rank is when we are supposed to have them. As such, our gear is at best at the top of E-rank, and our group only have Maya being a proper D-rank exp wise (though not gear wise. Her gear sucks).

EDIT:
[Antidote] Cures the user of poison or toxic. Value 10
[Burn Salve] Cures the user of Burn. value 15
[Paralysis Salve] Cures the User of paralysis. Value 20(15)
[Panacea] Cures the user of all status effects. Value 100(90)
@yrsillar Maya used a Paralysis salve on Anshelm earlier, it shouldn't be "on user".

Last edited:
This is true. I'll modify the status cures to say target when I'm not typing on the phone. QM error on that one.

We've been extremely lucky with uncommon gear. Of the 25 items we've received we've gotten 13 common items and 12 uncommon ones. According the yrs that is incredibly lucky. Most level 2-4 parties will not have that kind of quality equipment. I mean look at what the store had, and then compare it with our Crystal Robe, or Sera's Magical Robe. We outclass the first upgrade to robes rather heavily which is only has a defense boost.

We've been extremely lucky with uncommon gear. Of the 25 items we've received we've gotten 13 common items and 12 uncommon ones. According the yrs that is incredibly lucky. Most level 2-4 parties will not have that kind of quality equipment. I mean look at what the store had, and then compare it with our Crystal Robe, or Sera's Magical Robe. We outclass the first upgrade to robes rather heavily which is only has a defense boost.
And then, realize that Sera's magical robe is a starter dungeon D-rank (2 people) uncommon item.

By the time people do D-rank, that kind of gear is /normal/. You don't decide on the gear needed for a high-end D-rank dungeon with "E-rank type gear", but with "D-rank type gear". The only D-rank type we got is that robe and Shimah's barbarian Vest, and it's as low as it gets.

Maya only has E-rank starter dungeon gear, while Al, Shimah and Anshelm all have a complete set of high-end E-rank gear (counting Shimah there because while her talisman is great it's still common).

Basically, "uncommon" items are the base for D-rank, and the ones we got were from E-rank dungeons. "Uncommon items being rare" was told to us by Yrs when he said we were lucky to get /4 of them/ in the starter, E-rank dungeon. He also said they would be much more common at higher rank and levels.

Our gear is good for E-rank. It's crap for D-rank.

I disagree. Having 40% uncommon drop rate being extremely lucky isn't going to change as you rank up to rank D from rank E. The quality of gear is going to go up, but uncommon drop rates generally stay the same. So yeah a rank D uncommon is going to beat a rank E uncommon. But a rank E uncommon might be worth keeping over a rank D common.

Plus Sera's robe was a Rank D uncommon, it dropped for a Rank D dungeon.

Last edited:
Common, uncommon, etc IS the rank of the gear.

Level to use+rarity=quality. Where it was gotten is likely unnecessary.

That said, people? We can't escape orb out if we're not in a dungeon. Do we really want to take on something D rank aimed at a full party with NO level given on the quest bit?

Because the one D rank we've tried almost killed us. And that was probably the easiest D rank anything gets.

So, given that we have no easy escape here, I can't support going after a D rank enemy that's entirely unknown.

[X] Arkeus

And it is now tied. Damnit. I don't want to fight more Wargs.

[X]Arkeus

Going to have to go with caution(basic self-preservation) on this one. Still catching up and I want the quest to still be here when I do. :eek:

Mining: 6
Xicree, ward201, gammoregan, redaeth, tenchifew, Biigoh

Wargs: 6
brekouh, GiftofLove, Arkeus, Grosstoad, Darkened, LeoAbogos

Right this moment, a tie.

+ponders on switching to herb-gathering+
Maybe haggle on getting extra Gilder for bringing in herbs by bulk?
Though that might deplete the current wild herb's growth and impact future herb-gathering Missions...

+went far off-tangent+

Alright, going to lock up so that I can get started on this. Arkeus, your vote is the winner here.

Also I have to say, I feel bad for Sera, she gets a little annoyed that her crush is openly oggling another woman and she gets accused of being a yandere. Isn't it sad Sera?

Seraphine: B-but, I'm not! I'm not some kind of crazy woman. Al is just my friend, she can look wherever she wants.... even if I don't like it

Seraphine: She can look anywhere she wants as long as it's at me.

On slightly an unrelated note, I have always imagined Sera to have frizzy hair. Is this right, or is her hair straight?
And how blue, exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back