• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Thats why I don't show all the numbers. I don't want people just picking biggest numbers. I want people to go for jobs and skills they like the aesthetics of.

:V All those optimizers are now dribbling tears at the lack of information to min-max properly.

It's fun because there is no clear answer. If the system was easy to guess, it would be kinda boring to level.

Likewise, just because we don't know the full list of benefits, doesn't mean we can't optimize the numbers we do know (time to max mostly) and figure out a solid way to get skills while leveling a core job up to A.

In practice, though it becomes a pretty straightforward question of long term vs short. Any higher tier job is going to be nicer in the short term, but those benefits will fade when the next good job comes around, while having the ability to raise skills to A rank won't become useless ever, though it'll pay off more slowly.

Now, now, they serve making us not get killed so we can enjoy the story more. Don't diss them~
Sad thing is we are doing a dungeon-crawling quest which was explicitly made in order to explore the game-world and the game mechanics.

Trying to explore and learn about the game and failing pitifully is our duty as players, it's not "min-maxing". That some people actually think playing a game as it's meant to be played should make us gnash our teeth is... amusing.

Sad thing is we are doing a dungeon-crawling quest which was explicitly made in order to explore the game-world and the game mechanics.

Trying to explore and learn about the game and failing pitifully is our duty as players, it's not "min-maxing". That some people actually think playing a game as it's meant to be played should make us gnash our teeth is... amusing.

Oh, don't worry. I enjoy the spading. Still remember trying to guess how that zombie games handle the loot from encounter, making tables to predict what they drop...

Quite fun, spading is.

[X]Darkened

We'll probably encounter the bonus boss this time. It is about due.

Sort of guessing/predicting how the game works, usually by, well, doing statistic. For example, I record dropped loot, what kind of zombies I beat when it drop said loot, at which part of the city, what level my character is, even my weapon.
I never works, but it working isn't the point at all :D

Worth considering is that if we want to aim for a later graveyard, Maya should probably be getting a fire element beast. With all that charisma, she's probably pretty fit for this, so I'd say she should get a beast at a dungeon that requires the full party. This means Ashen D should happen today, if not in the morning, as our afternoon pick.

Do Dragons/Drakes count as Beasts?

Because if they do Id rather do Drake Nest again first to get Maya a pet dragon.

So, back to spading:

70/6/80 for the three man goblin D rank
Then comes victory.

Congratulations
80 XP
10 Job Points
85 Gilder
Here we see that three-man Goblin Glade D-rank gives 6JP each (so 18-20 total), and 2-men E-rank gives 10JP Each (so 20-21 totals), both without bonus bosses. There can be a few explanations for this:
a°) yrsillar made a mistake somewhere, damn maths.
b°)Being over the recced number for a party in a dungeon means you get hefty penalties to JP gained.
c°) JP is partially rolled with dices.
d°) It's not linearily divided.

Goblin's Grove have Wargs
Wailing Cavern has bats, crocodiles and those bug things.
Ogre's Den didn't have any
Drake Nest didn't have any
Ashen Cove had those lizard mole things and the snakes.
Crystal Lake had Jellyfish and Spiders

D Rank crocs had a pretty nasty bite to them too. Probably the best beast type we can get too.

Ashen Grotto D and Goblin C are both open to some of our party. Going Ashen Grotto D has the added advantage of fire element.

Ashen should be roughly equivalent to Wailing Cavern at D rank, and will probably have fire-element mobs to use.

There's also trying to find another monster hunting mission and look for bossish types that technically aren't bosses. Might want to level up taming to D or C first though.

Oooh, forgot about the crocs on Wailing Cavern. They seem slow, though.

Anyway, Crystal Lake spiders are... Crystalline?
"(...) if it weren't for the bakers dozen of dog sized spiders made of shiny black crystal."

Anyway, I think bugs are a different type. As well as the floating jellyfish... I don't even know what to classify that.
Along with that, the paralyzing centipedes are also not Beast, I believe.

- Crocs: Good damage, slow, good health?
- Wargs: Quick, medium health? Have Elite types that can stealth, buff, or heal.
- Bats: Quick, flying, low health? Have Elite type that can confuse
- Ash snake: Snakes, low-to-med health?
- Uroktor: Burrowing lizard, spits goo that causes Burn, medium health?

Ashen Grotto D and Goblin C are both open to some of our party. Going Ashen Grotto D has the added advantage of fire element.
Maya glances around at all of you, seeming relieved but still grumpy, "I suppose I overreacted a little… Still, I will say that I absolutely refuse to do anything of C-Rank until the entire party we bring with us is at least level five."
I'd prefer not to do Goblin Glade C before we are level 5, and by then we might be tempted by Crystal Lake/Lost Graveyard.

I do think it's very important to do Goblin Glade C soon though, as it will be the best way to get into C-Rank, and we really need to make sure we do every single ranks of Goblin Glade/etc, for when we want to clear them.

Grab a croc, have Anshelm ride it. Slowness problem solved. The enemies will come to him.

Im thinking we should do Ashen Glade. Those Lizard Mole things seem to me a very good pet.

Oh, how about checking the Mission Board?
Might have Beast-related D-ranks.

Oh, how about checking the Mission Board?
Might have Beast-related D-ranks.
I am not too keen on doing too many outside-missions right now, as we know there is forced-outside encounters then, and I want to limit the chance of another lvl10+ enemy showing up.

I am not too keen on doing too many outside-missions right now, as we know there is forced-outside encounters then, and I want to limit the chance of another lvl10+ enemy showing up.
That was us rolling a natural 100 on the encounter chart.

Getting a beast that has unique powers that can compliment the team seems a good idea to me. And if there are beast related ones on the board I wanna see. Maya's choice in pet is IMPORTANT to the entire team.

That was us rolling a natural 100 on the encounter chart.

Getting a beast that has unique powers that can compliment the team seems a good idea to me. And if there are beast related ones on the board I wanna see. Maya's choice in pet is IMPORTANT to the entire team.
Maya's choice in pet is going to change every second day as her beast taming (current level E) increases. Her choice in pet is not important to the team when it also both puts the team in unnecessary danger and makes the team overall weaker as we get less loot/info/levelling.

We already know quite a few places with pets Maya can take. She will take many different pets in the following week, deciding what she likes best or is the best for the party, as well as levelling her Beast Taming abilities and us unlocking higher level dungeons with better pet.

Going on a mission outside when it's much more dangerous (we can get up to 4 different random encounters on a normal trip outside), nets us less loot/levelling, nets us less pets, just so we can go on a "pet finding mission" is silly as hell.

Maya's not going to find a LEGENDARY pet at her level and ability. Let her get better, let us test what kind of pets we prefer for her, or if we even prefer her to change pets depending on the dungeons we are planning to take, and then when we have a better idea of what's going on we can go on special quests for powerful pets.

Maya's choice in pet is going to change every second day as her beast taming (current level E) increases. Her choice in pet is not important to the team when it also both puts the team in unnecessary danger and makes the team overall weaker as we get less loot/info/levelling.

We already know quite a few places with pets Maya can take. She will take many different pets in the following week, deciding what she likes best or is the best for the party, as well as levelling her Beast Taming abilities and us unlocking higher level dungeons with better pet.

Going on a mission outside when it's much more dangerous (we can get up to 4 different random encounters on a normal trip outside), nets us less loot/levelling, nets us less pets, just so we can go on a "pet finding mission" is silly as hell.

Maya's not going to find a LEGENDARY pet at her level and ability. Let her get better, let us test what kind of pets we prefer for her, or if we even prefer her to change pets depending on the dungeons we are planning to take, and then when we have a better idea of what's going on we can go on special quests for powerful pets.

You are making assumptions of danger which are way out of proportion to the ACTUAL danger we just faced. We just rolled the HARDEST ENCOUNTER POSSIBLE from a D100. We survived and came out of it stronger. And there's a very low likely hood of something even remotely like it happening again, because that was a perfect 100 roll.

Hiding from such won't help. So why not carry on as we have before? The only difference is that we know we want to get stronger a bit faster. But a good pet is likely to make the team alot stronger, especially if its one which really compliments us.

Grab a croc, have Anshelm ride it. Slowness problem solved. The enemies will come to him.

Walking to and from Town with a crocodile.

Im thinking we should do Ashen Glade. Those Lizard Mole things seem to me a very good pet.

Yeah, D rank from there would be my pick to look for pets (either the mole-lizards or something new that pops on D).

In general, I'd like to avoid 'scouting' pets or at least taking specific actions solely to scout pets until it hits D rank. I want to see how it improves (size/quality of pets)

Yrs said that it can't currently grab bosses, which implies that it can later. We don't know about training pets, etc either.

Regardless, right now level 5 is our first big increase in power (new skill slot, new gear slot, new passive from class) so we should aim there. Any action later will benefit from doing that now. Since that will take the morning, that leaves the afternoon to either go back to town and not take a mission because there's no time or run Ashen Grotto D and snag a pet to help for Graveyard tomorrow. I'd like to do the latter (Firey lizard-moles are cool and work for her stealth)

That'd leave us free to talk to Maya this evening about Graveyard and feel her out there for tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back