• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

DxD Multicross Possibilities?

Premise that lets you drag in just about any magic or Sci-fi setting Great Red finds that tether on the tit obsessed moron counter attacks through it causing a whole mess of teleportation fuck ups.

Just wondering, what series do you think would fit well with DxD in a multicross, but using the DxD world as base? Only a few come to mind personally, like Rosario Vampire, Oomari Himari and the like.
Hitman Reborn. It could be a single person cross through reincarnation or the rings that let you access parallel earths had an accident or something. Or you can make it an entire world cross with Flames being a Human variant of Toki that the Vangola made/discovered 10 generations ago.

I'd like to see a cross with a post-story Arifureta where the class is introduced to the supernatural world

I've posted about it in another forum before, but I think there is much potential for a World of Darkness and/or Chronicle of Darkness Crossover:

Vampires - Take the "Vampire the Requiem" covenants. There are some good ways of including House Tepes into Ordo Dracul. For powers/bloodlines one can either use Vampire the Masquerade or Requiem (but I think Devils would profit more from taking some VtM ideas). Gives (un-grail-altered) Vamps a power boost that let them punch in the big leagues.

Mages - Take Mage the Awakening. The Technocracy doesn't fit DxD all that well so I would go for Traditions, Marauder and Nephandi (the modern Book of the Fallen ones). No more humans Mages need to do math and are less powerful, because that was stupid to begin with. A mage would become a real powerplayer even without a sacred gear (but it also comes with a bit downside in the fact of paradoxes). Archmages can rewrite reality, so yeah now they can go out and stand up to the supernatural.

Church - Is allied the "Lancea et Sanctum" covenant of Vampires and the Mages of the Celestial Chorus. That way they can send out teams exorcist with Mage or vampire backup and be a real danger, before they either had to send angels (which are a very limited resource as they can't make new ones) or exorcist with holy weapons (also very limited resource) to be a real danger.

Ghosts - Wraith the Oblivion ones, now they are a thing and have powers and organizations and stuff. What was Reapers job anyway in DxD, can't remember if there were any ghosts?

Werewolves - Not a big fan of the WOD Werewolves so I would go for "Werewolf the Forsaken" ones. Would give them new powers, an actual background and stuff.
But Werewolf comes with more than just Werewolves it also comes with a spirit world, basically objects, places and plants have spirits and if those get strong enough they can manifest in the spirit realm and if they grow stronger they can effect the material world.

Devils - DxD Devils are basically what Vampires are in other mystical genres, as in they can turn humans into on of their own and have a strict hierarchy with noble houses that all have different inherited powers. A such I think they could take some ideas of Vampire the Masquerade, especially Roads. Those are "belief systems" and if you lose all your levels in your road (by doing things that go completely against anything you belief in) you lose your sense of self and are reduced to a raging beast, this would be a nice explanation for "Stray Devils" and on could add stuff like the seven deadly sins in there pretty easily, like have seven devil roads on for every sin. (Also can take inspiration from Vamp Clans/Bloodlines for new Devil Houses)

Other Stuff one could maybe use:
Fae - On can add either of the Changeling Brands, or non. Depends on if one feels like it.
Demons - Demon the Fallen ones, can posses humans, fight angels. Also adds Earthbounds as new antagonists.
The God-machine - What if the system of heaven isn't (as) broken? What if the angels are secretly manipulated without knowing it by the system they belief to be broken and it has a gained a conscience and is now following it own plans?
Mummies - Because why not? Also brings in cool Egyptian style stuff, which get neglected to much in favour for nordic and greek in most settings.
Kuei-Jin - A "vampire-like" species at home in east Asia.
Hunters - Human who can punch a supernatural being to death
The Abyss - the Dimension Gap but better

Ranma is one and there was that one manga where it was called something like 'my uncle is an isekai hero/returnee' which even if you don't use the setting the premise would be interesting

XCOM, with the project starting as an international effort to defend Earth from a massive uprising of rogue supernatural creatures that later added the possibility of extraterrestrial invasion to its responsibilities.

XCOM would be dedicated to the defense of Earth, not just humanity. So aside from humanity you could have vampires, Youkai, and TF species amongst other races in the roles of soldiers, scientists, engineers, councilmen, etc. Imagine being sent to investigate abductions on vampire-run parts of Romania or responding to a terror attack that has breached into the Youkai side of Kyoto.

As for the alien threat, it would have to be scaled up. No longer do they send one or three ships to attack every few weeks or once a month, I imagine dozens of ships with hundreds of alien warriors attacking every week, with both numbers and firepower increasing as the war goes on. Or have the aliens start with abducting small towns and villages before gradually moving up to city attacks and terror missions.

Or go the XCOM 2 route and have the aliens attack with such overwhelming force that they actually win the first war, forcing XCOM and its allies to go underground. Aside from the usual plot of liberating Earth, what kinds of new factions would form among the supernatural races in response to this new status quo of an alien occupied Earth?

What would resistance look like, who would join ADVENT or continue to fight the alien menace? What would the lives of characters and their possible children be like growing up on Vichy Earth? Would we have Kitsune Reapers, Devil Templars, Skirmishers grown from hybrids of alien and supernatural humanoid DNA?

Would kinds of new hybrid monsters and weapons would the aliens make, and how would this affect the endgame that is Avatar?

Hmmmm....

1. Naruto can work in fact. Highschool DxD has this whole secrecy of hiding supernatural from 'normals', and shinobi could easily work with this as well, with their paranoia/secrecy. In fact, it could be an interesting AU where shinobi villages are so well hidden, that even normal supernatural struggles with detecting them. There are some 'rumors' about them existing, which are in fact true.

Geographically this can also work, as Japan has LOTS of islands, and the territory of Kamchatka/Siberia has so many inhabited areas, that putting some villages there is plausible. Heck, Mongolia is the least populated area on the planet with only 2,045 people living per square kilometer, making most of the country pretty much empty from any human population. So yeah, this is possible to work.

2. Monster Musume works as well. Pretty much monster girl/guys' work is introduced to the normal world, and it could happen here as well. Yokai and some monster factions decide that humans may learn about the supernatural, which well, causes issues with some other factions. In fact, this is their way to pretty much gathering resources/forces to counter their enemies. I suspect this could be either a lighthearted comedy of sorts or actually a somewhat heavier political storyline.

3. Modern D20 works in this system as well. AU where some fantasy races do in fact decide to reveal themselves to humans, while offering some services. Most likely coming from the Underdark/Underground of sorts. There are still wild areas like Amazonian Jungle or Siberia, where they could somewhat hide, and later on, reveal themselves.

Just wondering, what series do you think would fit well with DxD in a multicross, but using the DxD world as base? Only a few come to mind personally, like Rosario Vampire, Oomari Himari and the like.
Mahouka koukou
DC
Dresden files
Isekai ojisan
Invincible
Chivalry of a failed knight
Worm

It's quite bold idea to try mash DxD with DC .
Power level is just insane and gap is too big , unless you create some unique timeline assembled from bits of media and comics .

Sheer amount of research to do for this crossover is just ... unreal .

Hmmm ...

How about trying to make DxD crossover with verse , which contains some serious GLOBAL changes ? Level which altered course of history and advancement of Earth as whole , making human societies vastly different compared to ours.

There are already some good stories, where DxD is in settings of "My Hero Academia" or "Code Geass" . This kind of global changes .

Completely different direction: History's strongest disciple Kenichi? With Kenichi's Ki being actually Touki and martial artists tangentially aware of some supernatural things maybe?

Taimanin is really easy to fit in, They are basically humans with demon ancestry which is why they have those powers in this case their ancestors would be devils

As for Campione best to go the world travel route the series already went multiversal so it won't be an issue

A shared verse between DxD and Campione is possible the lore or elements of both series mesh well together but it would be a headache when you take world history into account, and it will also have you wondering how the hell are humans as a species still alive in DxD the great war was for a few thousand years and ended in the 1400's meanwhile with Campione Heretic God's appear and wreck shit

There's also difference between DxD Gods, and Campione gods, Campione are already explained it's just DxD gods that are the issue you would have to figure out what is it that makes them different from Heretic God's, and how is it they came to existence, so far we know they can grow old and permanently die, They rely on human faith to some extent while Heretic God's don't, and it's possible that some of those gods were former humans who achieved god hood, but that likely isn't the case for all of them so an explanation is needed
DragonXCampione by wolf in fanfiction.net is in spanish

I know that fic, I couldn't really get into it though, barely remember the first chapter

"The Strange Talent of Luther Strode" .
Perfect to adapt in DxD settings , with roots straight to Cain the father of murder .

Last edited:
OK.
I have started surfing the net and stumbled upon fics posted on tv tropes .
Such as "Justice League of Rebellion"(Code Geass + DC crossover); "My Hero Academia DxD"(MHA/DxD and multi cross) , The Grail's Dark Knight (Fate/DC crossover ), Lelouch of the Wings of Liberty (Persona series Code Geass cross ) .
And the more I read the more I got impressed .
Writers basically smashed verses to pieces and put back new picture , with some critical/important parts missing - In Code Geass crosses Geass was taken out and replaced .
Authors didn't try to harmonize existing but create something entirely new and interesting .
Surely , it is risking and requires a lot of thoughts but ... wouldn't it be interesting?
Like ... try to insert DxD into Marvel and make hybrid ?
Or something along those lines .

Huh ... Am I the only one who visits this topic ?
How sad .
Oh well, about franchises to blend with DxD .
How about some good old classic ? Ushio to Tora for example .
Probably one of the best yokai themed franchise so far.
2015 year anime is remake of 90s series.

Hmmm ...
Maybe Yu Yu Hakusho ? Heard it's good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back