• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Electrical Engineering Trivia Thread

Just became an EE in my local University, any tips for a freshman? About to start my 2nd day tomorrow.

Admittedly I got lost a couple of times because of TBA rooms and various buildings.

And the change of pace like my schedule is... bizarre.

Mon 1pm to 8:30.
Tuesday 7Am to 12:00pm
Wednesday 1pm-8:30

Rinse repeat.

Any tips or warning 4 surprises?

Just became an EE in my local University, any tips for a freshman? About to start my 2nd day tomorrow.

Admittedly I got lost a couple of times because of TBA rooms and various buildings.

And the change of pace like my schedule is... bizarre.

Mon 1pm to 8:30.
Tuesday 7Am to 12:00pm
Wednesday 1pm-8:30

Rinse repeat.

Any tips or warning 4 surprises?

Stay away from any loaded guns and don't believe the professor if he says something will be easy and stress free, it is always a lie.

Stay away from any loaded guns and don't believe the professor if he says something will be easy and stress free, it is always a lie.

Fucking surprise test us..

Calculus, all we learned in our senior years.

I got a fucking EGG.

For an 89 average grade student this cause me to hyperventilate that 11am

They they honestly expect us to memorize all the formula? I'm more of a Physics savvy than anything, I didn't even get to study.
The best thing you can do for formulae is to learn how to prove them. That way even if you forget them you can still re-produce them from scratch. I did that in the middle of some exams before I dropped out and managed to get top grades in those subjects.

Speaking of engineering, at my school electromagnetic field theory was colloquially known as "elmagi" (lightning magic).

The best thing you can do for formulae is to learn how to prove them. That way even if you forget them you can still re-produce them from scratch. I did that in the middle of some exams before I dropped out and managed to get top grades in those subjects.
That does require being pretty good at math, though (of course, I don't think many people passing engineering courses are especially bad at math).

Speaking of engineering, at my school electromagnetic field theory was colloquially known as "elmagi" (lightning magic).
OK, that is really cool.

So... 1st year initiation is a thing and creatine helps your body AND the brain.

At this point I'm taking 6 grams everyday and not just for the pre workout, but also because of the memory, focus and comprehension boost.

Ffs it feels illegal to operate with this much energy and IQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back