• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Emma Barnes, Princess (Worm/Princess the Hopeful)

I'd be up for picking up some Tempesta dots as a compromise to avoid actually being in the Court of Storms.

Presumably she drew from Storms first in rage and hatred (never encountering/joining the Court itself, though) and then found Hearts which resonated more with her, or something, or who she wants to be.

I'd be up for picking up some Tempesta dots as a compromise to avoid actually being in the Court of Storms.

Presumably she drew from Storms first in rage and hatred (never encountering/joining the Court itself, though) and then found Hearts which resonated more with her, or something, or who she wants to be.
I'll let Racnor post the complete proposal that the current idea for compomise is to choose Swords instead of either Storms or Hearts.

Might actually be better just to go swords/secondary terra, really but it seems like it would be hard to pull that off.

Swords was my first pick too, but it doesn't seems to have any chance to win. (shamefully)

Edit: Current tally:Storms 24, Hearts 20, swords 7.

Last edited:
Well people are now thinking of compromizing by switching to Swords since that allows us to do the same stuff as what the Storm voters want except out of love instead of hate plus as long as we never hurt/betray a loved one we won't lose our powers and the character conflict from us struggling with the choice of having to kill instead of being totally okay with it.

Currently, the total votes for court are:

Storms-24
Hearts-20
Swords-7
Spades-3
Tears-3
Mirrors-1

I'll close the voting in 48 hours. That ought to be more than enough time for people to decide what they want.

[X] Grace (Choose Presence or Manipulation for one Transformed Attribute dot)
-[X] Presence
[X] Hearts

So I suppose I might as well give my reasoning for Storm here as well.

One of the main reasons that I'm voting for Storm is that it is similar to Emma's Canon choice without "forcing" her to abandon her friendship with Taylor. This creates some very interesting character dynamics that I am interested in.seeing.

[X] Grace
- [X] Presence
[X] Hearts

I believe that makes the current tally into:
Storms-27
Hearts-22
Swords-8
Spades-3
Tears-3
Mirrors-1
At least 4 vote for Swords come from Hearts, so that makes for potentially 27-26 Storms vs Hearts.

[X] Grace
- [X] Presence
[X] Hearts

Edit:

Storm is a self destructive choice.

You should remove the vote here if you vote on the SV version (or the other way around, if that's what you prefer).

Edit:

Storm is a self destructive choice.
Storm isn't really self-destroying in nature, it is closer to self-sacrificing in that regard.

Really, power-wise it can be described as overclocking your computer for more power, which as we all know is the true mark of a shounen protagonist..

-[X] Presence

[X] Hearts

Storm isn't really self-destroying in nature, it is closer to self-sacrificing in that regard.

Really, power-wise it can be described as overclocking your computer for more power, which as we all know is the true mark of a shounen protagonist..
I just read it. Storm is literally everything people hate about Cauldron and Emiya kiritsugu with absolutely none of Cauldron's discretion, moderation, or attempt to build up systems. It's not skitter on the worst day it mother mucking Gavel.

I just read it. Storm is literally everything people hate about Cauldron and Emiya kiritsugu with absolutely none of Cauldron's discretion, moderation, or attempt to build up systems. It's not skitter on the worst day it mother mucking Gavel.

If you follow Storms doctrine, the best solution to the gang problem of Brockton bay is to nuke the city.

So here's what the votes look like now:

Storms-31
Hearts-25
Swords-9
Spades-3
Tears-3
Mirrors-1

So far, it seems that SV is focused on Storms with Hearts as the main rival with Swords being attempted as a compromise, QQ likes Hearts and thinks Storms will either backfire or be unfun to play, while SB just wants Spades so they can have their rogue.

Vote will close in 36 hours, so people might want to start thinking about changing their votes now.

The reigning storm plan is to literally become a Gavel making Gavels. To become a spiteful demagogue in vein of Hitler raising up a parade of hateful normals to murderous vigilante with unrelenting force.
Their tagline line is literally burn the world to save the world. It's making a hate that'll escalate to an inevitable and dark conclusion until it all burns up or you catch a clue.
It is entirely to likely to spiral out of control into being one of those marvel anti mutant group.
Destruction is easy it's the reason why the worlds fucked, why emma in particular got fuck, and why Taylor in the regretted so much shit. Building is hard but it's what's needed, what'll help emma grow, and ultimately what won the pot if in a dark way. And it also feel less cancerous to play.

Skimmed a few relevant passages from the book, feel vaguely qualified to vote, now.

-[X] Presence
[X] Hearts

If it wouldn't put far too much work on the GM I would be really happy in this split into two quests. One where non-Storms wins and another where Storms wins. Preferably with people sticking to voting in one of the two branches at a time to prevent them from converging or other undesirable behaviour.

*Sighs* If I could vote for anti-Storms I would. I'd prefer any of the eight other options over Storms.

If Storms wins I hope you won't take it as a slight when I stop reading and voting, Lord Ultimus. I REALLY don't want to read a Stormite story.

If it wouldn't put far too much work on the GM I would be really happy in this split into two quests. One where non-Storms wins and another where Storms wins. Preferably with people sticking to voting in one of the two branches at a time to prevent them from converging or other undesirable behaviour.

*Sighs* If I could vote for anti-Storms I would. I'd prefer any of the eight other options over Storms.

If Storms wins I hope you won't take it as a slight when I stop reading and voting, Lord Ultimus. I REALLY don't want to read a Stormite story.
Shouldn't you give it a chance anyways? You are quite literally dropping a story after the first stage of chargen. We haven't even decided on the other Invocations yet, so there's plenty of room for non-stormy character interaction here.

Not to mention that there's still a large support network for Emma to prevent her from falling fully into the Queen of Storm's line of thinking. Unlike what Larekko said, we storm voters do not seek to blow up Brocktown Bay in the name of fighting Darkspawn with a team of Extremist Supervillains.

Shouldn't you give it a chance anyways? You are quite literally dropping a story after the first stage of chargen. We haven't even decided on the other Invocations yet, so there's plenty of room for non-stormy character interaction here.

Not to mention that there's still a large support network for Emma to prevent her from falling fully into the Queen of Storm's line of thinking. Unlike what Larekko said, we storm voters do not seek to blow up Brocktown Bay in the name of fighting Darkspawn with a team of Extremist Supervillains.

No, I don't think I do. I don't want to read about the Court of Storms in the slightest. I don't care how well written it is, it is something I want to stay the hell away from. And that's without factoring in SB/SV/QQ voting tendencies which would almost certainly make it even worse. I don't believe it's possible for it to come out in a way that I'd enjoy, regardless of writing quality.

I would literally pick being Darkened over being in the Court of Storms. About the only way being in the Court of Storms could be okay for me would be if an outside force was literally stopping the person from murdering people. Even then I'd still have to tolerate the rage and hatred that are such a character's focus and it would take a lot to make up for that.

Last edited:
Ok, here's where we are now:

Storms-33
Hearts-29
Swords-9
Spades-4
Tears-3
Mirrors-1

Vote will close in 24 hours. Those voting for the lesser options may wish to change their vote, since it seems unlikely that things would change suddenly enough.

I for one see chargen as the best time to drop a quest. By definition, character creation is where we decide what kind of quest we want, and thus the time when it's most likely to turn into something you are no longer interested in.

I for one see chargen as the best time to drop a quest. By definition, character creation is where we decide what kind of quest we want, and thus the time when it's most likely to turn into something you are no longer interested in.
Agreed. After reading the Storms entry, I quickly decided I don't want to go there (really, any of the 'bright' courts would be preferable to any of the NPC courts). It says unpleasant things about SV.com that they do.

I might keep reading for a while even if Storms wins, but probably not.

Agreed. After reading the Storms entry, I quickly decided I don't want to go there (really, any of the 'bright' courts would be preferable to any of the NPC courts). It says unpleasant things about SV.com that they do.

I might keep reading for a while even if Storms wins, but probably not.

Apparently its supposed to be a "redemption arc" where we start out all extreme and building up a civilian vigilante movement to drive out the villains with Taylor as our anchor/morality pet who holds us back from escalating before we start redeeming ourselves or something according to ES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back