• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Fashion and Fascism (Kill la Kill/Warhammer 40K)

[X] A passionate avenger, wielding the blade that killed her father, and wearing his greatest legacy in a journey to find the Truth

[X] A passionate avenger, wielding the blade that killed her father, and wearing his greatest legacy in a journey to find the Truth

redaeth said:
Satsuki comes with one major downside. Her Kamui is NOT user friendly, eventually it will consume her. Senketsu on the otherhand is postively symbiotic.

Clothing can't eat people.

It exists only TO BE WORN!

It's very weird. Normally I don't get involved in Empire Builders, as generally the concept doesn't seem to entertain me, and I haven't yet found one that seems promising enough to overcome my behavioural inertia. Then, when I do, it doesn't seem to be winning.

Really I just prefer Satsuki as a character compared to Ryuko. Her personality is cooler to me, as she lacks all self doubt, and has the resolve and willpower to go through with her actions.

ShaperV said:
Because in 40K a strong-willed heroic protagonist is a lot less likely to get her soul eaten by daemons than an arrogant scheming bitch.

Because Satsuki has demonstrated a stronger willpower than Ryuko. Ryuko falls has a habit of falling into self-doubt and moping, and was able to be taken over by her Kamui. Satsuki never fails in that manner and forced her Kamui to obey her through force of will.

[X] A woman of cold ambition, seeking to bring forth a New World Order through her unmatched brilliance and charisma.

Dark Lord Bob said:
Really I just prefer Satsuki as a character compared to Ryuko. Her personality is cooler to me, as she lacks all self doubt, and has the resolve and willpower to go through with her actions.

Because Satsuki has demonstrated a stronger willpower than Ryuko. Ryuko falls has a habit of falling into self-doubt and moping, and was able to be taken over by her Kamui. Satsuki never fails in that manner and forced her Kamui to obey her through force of will.
Have you watched Episode 16? Because practically none of that is true at all.

[X] A woman of cold ambition, seeking to bring forth a New World Order through her unmatched brilliance and charisma.
Satsuki Route: Empire Builder. Stats are best described as Bullshit Hax, but more reliant on capable subordinates and infrastructure to get ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Thread, let me just look at the couple res...

Haaawwhhhhaaa? That many replies? I seem to have struck gold with the premise.

I... I feel... Happy?

I'll give it a couple more hours before I lock votes and start on the next part. That being said, don't underestimate Ryuko, and don't Overestimate Satsuki either, both characters have key advantages in the crossover, as well as critical weaknesses that can't just be RPed away.

Actually, I do prefer Empire Builder route, even if I like Ryuuko that little bit more than Satsuki. So, voteswitch.

VOTING ENDS

14 Votes for Satsuki Route
14 Votes for Ryuko Route.

Hmm... This is a bit of a problem...

Alectai said:
VOTING ENDS

14 Votes for Satsuki Route
14 Votes for Ryuko Route.

Hmm... This is a bit of a problem...
some form of happy medium that pleases both parties?

I'm still not even sure if I'll pull off one route, let alone both. I'll have to figure out some way to break the tie.

When in doubt flip a coin.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

POWER HEELS.

Eh, it broke the tie. Satsuki Route is locked in.

I'll write up the first story post tomorrow when I have access to the desktop.

Alectai said:
That being said, don't underestimate Ryuko, and don't Overestimate Satsuki either, both characters have key advantages in the crossover, as well as critical weaknesses that can't just be RPed away.
Satsuki's biggest weakness is easily the fact that unlike Senkentsu, Junketsu is an Chaotic Evil blood-driking parasite. As a result, Satsuki's endurance is complete shit since the damn thing actively try to kill her through blood loss every time she activate it, as shown in episode 16.

One on one fight against a high class opponent ? She'll excel. But a prolonged engagement against an army ? She'll die of blood loss too fast to manage it. That's why she need subalterns to fight for her.

Don't necro. This is against Rule 7.

Please do not necro this. Else I'll be forced to lock the thread next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back