• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Feudal Quest

My proposals for things to do now:
- Handle the tower haunt as it is easier to do
- Handle the well next to get it out of the way
- Deal with Atalaya and end her now

Anyone else can make more detailed plans than this.

I think we need to ask Dita why the hell a random injured and under equipped peasant girl just popped up, called her a priestess and asked her where the monster was.

Malcolmo said:
I think we need to ask Dita why the hell a random injured and under equipped peasant girl just popped up, called her a priestess and asked her where the monster was.

Isn't it because we asked for her?

But ya, we now have a reason to deal with Atalaya. Probably should ask for her help to deal with one of the haunts if we don't think she could gain anything from it or outright "arrest" her

Malcolmo said:
Because we asked Dita to call for a Chosen to help with the Haunts and Atalaya.

ShaperV: Huh, did the Rangers find the Beastmen?

Huh, apparently we can get communication back and forth from our province to the heartlands far quicker than I previously expected, I was assuming multiple months for correspondence rather than a reply in the same month.

Anyway are we supposed to do anything right now? I wonder how it would be received if we offered to look at her wound, we're not exactly amazing at healing though.

Also the crusade "winding down", what is that a euphemism for, on the spectrum from utter failure to amazing success?

And crappy memory strikes again.

Me being stupid aside we probably ought to heal her and see if she wants some better gear.

Get ready to present a plausible plan for training Dita to be ready to take over her Barony to present to Aunt Grana.

Ask Aunt Grana for the requirements for Chesna to successfully debut in the Capital. Cash on hand, men at arms, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Set the beastman camps on fire
- Deal with Lala
- Deal with the Tower Haunt
- Develop Arrow manipulation force sorcery (both defensive and offensive applications)

Other people
- Make sure the keep is set up to properly host Gavrilla.
- Continue working on the granary

Oh right, I forgot to add:
- Train in Force Sorcery so he could use it to choke, explode hearts, do many more nasty things to enemies with a mere glance.
- Train in Flesh Sorcery just so Dominic can get that birth control spell already.

The temptation to make him like Jedi or a Sith is too good to pass up.

Dominic
[X] Visit Pisch with Aunt Garvilla to finalize Chesna's debut in Capital and hash out future marriage
[X] Train Flesh Magic: Fertility Control (Positive and Negative) - use pigs as test subjects
[X] Kill Atalaya

Dita
[X] Train - Swordsmanship
[X] Help kill the witch alongside Chosen & Dominic

Sir Bialis
[X] Train Troops - Spearmen

Jaroslaw
[X] Train Archers - Discipline

Katiana Nevyana
[X] Continue granary project

Traian
[X] Train Engineering

Men at arms
[X] 7 accompany Dominic, 8 Garrison Corzu keep

Archers
[X] Train Discipline

Rangers
[X] Hunt threat: Beastmen

Minor Actions:

-> Pass Chesna 100 SP to acquire Kat's goods from Baron Timis
-> Equip the Chosen properly
-> Write a letter to Ezti and Baron Rogatica if any one has tried burning the Black Woods instead of just hunting the fell beast. If no one hasn't well it might be worth a shot.
-> Write mother to inquire if she has any skilled retainers who are skilled at brewing, weaving etc and the other feminine arts who would enjoy a post in Corzu or the chance to start fresh (in case of scandal). Dominic would enjoy new clothes.
-> Write a letter to our father accepting his offer for a seneschal.
-> In Eztergrom find a reputable book merchant and establish that you are interested in purchasing books on Roman engineering and armies, along with books on India and the Middle East.

Dominic
[X] Visit Pisch with Aunt Garvilla to finalize Chesna's debut in Capital and hash out future marriage
[X] Training Dita in Swordmanship and trying to get her to open up and convince her that she will always have a place as our ally or even be safe here as our retainer.
[X] Kill Atalaya alongside Dita & Chosen
[X] Train Flesh Magic: Female Birth Control

Dita
[X] Train - Swordsmanship with Dominic
[X] Help kill the witch alongside Chosen & Dominic
[X] Train Swordsmanship

Sir Bialis

Jaroslaw
[X] Train Archers - Discipline

Katiana Nevyana
[X] Continue granary project

Traian
[X] Train Merchant. (While Kat is a much better one already, her time is much more valuable than Traian's. Curse her single action slot).
[X] Survey roads for improvement

Men at arms
[X] 7 accompany Dominic, 8 accompany Traian

Archers
[X] Train Discipline

Rangers
[X] Recover

Minor Actions:

-> Write mother to inquire if she has any skilled retainers who are skilled at brewing, weaving etc and the other feminine arts who would enjoy a post in Corzu or the chance to start fresh (in case of scandal). Dominic would enjoy new clothes.
-> In Eztergrom find a reputable book merchant and establish that you are interested in purchasing books on Roman engineering and armies, along with books on India and the Middle East.
-> Kill Atalaya along with Dita and the Chosen

@ ShaperV

Could Dominic inquire with the Chosen on the details of Dita being a Priestess of Inovia?

Hmm, It's a pity that are spearmen are skill 0, as it rather puts a damper on hitting the beastmen this turn.

Anyway I like Fitzgerald's action list for the most part, but there are a couple changes I'd like to propose. I think we should have Jaroslaw recruit one more unit of archers before beginning their discipline training, after which we'd probably be more or less done with recruiting troops for the foreseeable future.

I'm also unsure if we need to send the rangers out to relocate the beastmen if we don't attack them them this turn or how that would work (Presumably ShaperV will mention how that went soon enough). If it's not necessary we may want to have them try to track down the smugglers or poachers.

Also we should send a letter to our father accepting his offer for a seneschal.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also don't think we should have Traian continue to train engineering, it'll be 4 turns before any improvement there and he's already got a skill of 4 in those actions, which is as good as a professional, rather I think having him train merchant would be more beneficial, as it can run off mind, which would give him another area we could use him in a 4.

Edited in to include accepting fathers offer of Seneschal

Thomasfoolery said:
Cool, may I ask what your reasoning for keeping Traian training engineering, and not recruiting more archers is?

On the first, I want him to hit 3 skill

Second is budgetary. We're already close to half our cash for the year in monthly upkeep. More troops will worsen the situation right now given we don't know how much improvements can be paid for in trade (via grain) vs cold hard cash

fitzgerald said:
On the first, I want him to hit 3 skill

Second is budgetary. We're already close to half our cash for the year in monthly upkeep. More troops will worsen the situation right now given we don't know how much improvements can be paid for in trade (via grain) vs cold hard cash

Why do you want 3 skill exactly? That's 11 actions dedicated solely to that for what return? He's already at a professional level, and we have plenty of other stuff he's useful for aside from studying engineering, not least of which is doing some applied engineering.

Based on what we've seen 84 more SP a year in upkeep seems pretty affordable as long as we have Kat, but I don't mind waiting for ShaperV to clarify how much barter can be used for before continuing this line of discussion.

In part redundancy. Even with 2 Skill that's solid enough to get Traian working on secondary projects.

There's a ton of work to be done and improvements to be made

Can we kill the Witch now, guys? She is obviously bad news. Very bad news.

fitzgerald said:
In part redundancy. Even with 2 Skill that's solid enough to get Traian working on secondary projects.

There's a ton of work to be done and improvements to be made

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, redundancy in what sense? Also as I've repeatedly said, he can already start working on engineering projects, he has 3 Mind plus 1 Engineering = 4 total, which ShaperV has told us is professional level.

Again, like I also said previously, the fact that there's a bunch of stuff to do is all the more reason not to have him spend all those actions studying when it isn't necessary. When we could instead for example: have him get Merchant 1 this turn, next turn have him purchase the transports we need, turn after that have him plan out the road improvements. That's three useful actions we could get out of him in the time it would take him to get 75% of the the way to Engineering 2, which we don't even have a pressing need for.

Robotninja said:
Can we kill the Witch now, guys? She is obviously bad news. Very bad news.
We don't really have a choice about the witch, as we have the Chosen right now for killing her, and i very much don't think she'll stick around if we tell her "oh we want to kill her in 6 months".

Also, the chosen must be gone before our Aunt arrive.

I'd like Kat to work on the Keep (+ Loft, designed for maximum troops) and Traian to simultaneously oversee the granary project (inside the keep) - he already has Engineering 1, after all, and it might help to have the tax guy involved in building the tax storage building.
Working on the granary should also train his skill - but heS already better than Kat in it, so there's no point in having him train it more.

I'd also like tome flesh magic training to continue the flesh forming we began for healing for cosmetic purposes, but yeah, birth control magic has utter priority.

Edit: Also, at least equip the rangers properly, they're the most likely to be on duty for long stretches of time. As they're 10 and we pay for 20, a few tents from equipment 2 should be useful to improve "housing" for our other troops...

[X]Friendly

Dominic
[X] Training Dita in Swordmanship and trying to get her to open up and convince her that she will always have a place as our ally or even be safe here as our retainer.
[X] Kill Atalaya alongside Dita & Chosen, cleanse both haunts,ask a little ritual if help from Kat

Dita
[X] Train - Swordsmanship with Dominic
[X] Help kill the witch and cleanse haunts alongside Chosen & Dominic

Sir Bialis

Jaroslaw
[X] Lead Rangers to Hunt: Beastmen.

Katiana Nevyana
[X]Help with the Haunts and magic protection for Atalaya.
[X]Also Continue granary project: Dominic is suspicious about her ability to do more work. The priority is on the Haunts and magical protection from Atalaya, though.

Traian
[X] Help Kat construct the Granary, given he can't learn Merchant on his own.

Men at arms
[X] 7 accompany Dominic, 8 Garrison Corzu keep

Archers
[X] Train Discipline

Rangers

Minor Actions:

beast. If no one hasn't well it might be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
Nopenopenopenope. Not only is burning forests a very bad idea, but talking about it to our neighbors worse.

As for the keep design, we have a lot of charm- it should be designed for hosting.

I also like to add to have Dominic train in Flesh Sorcery so he can have that birth control spell ready.

Walkir said:
I'd like Kat to work on the Keep (+ Loft, designed for maximum troops)

I think it would be much better to build it for hosting guests seeing as we got +1 Charm. We will no doubt be aiming to build alliances and in general meet with important people. It would be good if we can host them in style to ply the good surroundings with our Charm to make them more accepting of whatever we propose.

If we have worries about troop capacity we can always build a secondary barracks outside or elsewhere. That's much less of a risk than putting something else outside the keep.

fitzgerald said:
-> Write a letter to Ezti and Baron Rogatica if any one has tried burning the Black Woods instead of just hunting the fell beast. If no one hasn't well it might be worth a shot.
Burning down the forest is not a good idea.
First of all it might not kill the beast and instead drive it out along with whatever foul thing lives in the forest.
Second of all, forests take a long ass time to grow back, and this one has been around since before Borjeria became a thing again.
If we can instead claim it, especially if we do it while Dita is here and can help purify the place we might be able to add it to Corzu.

I got a question. What do we think the chances of Etzi getting engaged to Baron Rogatica's youngest are?

Adyen said:
I got a question. What do we think the chances of Etzi getting engaged to Baron Rogatica's youngest are?
Unless you mean Baron Timis, Very low:
Operation Remove the Problem
Baron Rogatica is the last of his line, and if he dies without an heir there's going to be quite an argument between various distant relatives over who should replace him. Arguments like that generally require a war to settle, which would certainyl keep the barony out of your hair for awhile and might even be an opportunity. Of course Ezti wouldn't approve of such underhanded methods, but who says she has to know?

Arkeus said:
Because we asked Dita to call for a Chosen to help with the Haunts and Atalaya.

ShaperV: Huh, did the Rangers find the Beastmen?

I knew I'd forgotten something. I've added this to the results post - let's just say they got a really bad roll.

Thomasfoolery said:
Edit: Oh yeah, I also don't think we should have Traian continue to train engineering, it'll be 4 turns before any improvement there and he's already got a skill of 4 in those actions, which is as good as a professional, rather I think having him train merchant would be more beneficial, as it can run off mind, which would give him another area we could use him in a 4.

Traian will need a teacher to learn Merchant, as it isn't the sort of skill you can pick up from books and he isn't the sort of talented go-getter who could learn it just by spending days at the local market.

Thomasfoolery said:
Also the crusade "winding down", what is that a euphemism for, on the spectrum from utter failure to amazing success?

From the fragments of news you've heard growing up it was tough going at first, but the last 3-4 years have been quite successful. Most of the vampire lords who used to rule the west & central parts of Asia Minor have been killed or driven away, and the crusaders have established fiefs and taken cotnrol of the local population of former slaves.

According to Chesna her father has written several letters home bragging about his new territory there, which is a bit larger than Pischia and should become quite prosperous now that the vampires aren't eating the population. He's currently building a castle there, and has talked about possibly have Lala come out to visit him there. Naturally she's terrified of traveling to a foreign heathen wilderness full of monsters, and wants him to come home instead.

Walkir said:
I'd also like tome flesh magic training to continue the flesh forming we began for healing for cosmetic purposes, but yeah, birth control magic has utter priority.

Cosmetic uses may actually turn out to be relatively easy for your brand of sorcery, which would be a very unusual talent. It looks like fertility control for men would be a different project than fertility control for women, so you'd need to decide which one to work on.

fitzgerald said:

You can easily use barter for anything you could buy locally in Corzu - food, clothing, tools, raw materials and small amounts of trade goods. If you hire your own armorers and weaponsmiths sometime between now and the fall you'll be able to cover troop upkeep entirely using barter.

ShaperV said:
I knew I'd forgotten something. I've added this to the results post - let's just say they got a really bad roll.
'Ooops'. I guess we should have had someone leading them. Hopefully Dominic can use this as an argument for convincing Dita we need her to learn Tactics too.

Traian will need a teacher to learn Merchant, as it isn't the sort of skill you can pick up from books and he isn't the sort of talented go-getter who could learn it just by spending days at the local market.
Well, switching him to help Kat engineer the granary i guess, unless someone has a better idea (not engineer level 2).
You can easily use barter for anything you could buy locally in Corzu - food, clothing, tools, raw materials and small amounts of trade goods. If you hire your own armorers and weaponsmiths sometime between now and the fall you'll be able to cover troop upkeep entirely using barter.
Very good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back