• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Feudal Quest

Arkeus said:
Actually, we are going to receive a numbers of Adventure lead from our aunt Gavrilla this month, and at least some of those would need us to fight. Having another boost to fighting by using Force Sorcery not only makes Dominic just a bit stronger, but it also means he can get experiences for Force sorcery whenever he is adventuring, and that's really useful.
This argument was already done, and it's been confirmed by ShaperV that if Dita marries someone our granfather trust, she will have 5-10 years before the issue of an heir becomes important, and by that time the regency business will have happened, which would change things drastically.

So, no, if we Dita finds someone she can likes and whom we can sell to the family, she doesn't need to become pregnant and any such things.
Here is a list of Q&A from the author.

Basically, we need to sell -something- to our grandfather, and anything we sell will be easier if he sees a politically savvy and polite young woman, which Diplomacy/Intrigue/Seduction would be key for.
Quote because even with find I couldn't find it. There was a bit about Grandfather's plans to marry her to a captain he is planning to promote and that if we can find a resolution we can bring it to our Aunts attention and may be able to get her support. Also, remember that Dita may actually own that fief making marriage not necessary. In such a case, I would be happy to support a plan to "prove" Dita's loyalty to the family and get his trust, making Dita marrying a non-issue or at least one that can be pulled back. If we can get her in nominal control of her fief it would still be supporting our grandfather, which is his primary interest, while not betraying Dita.

Ghost said:
Quote because even with find I couldn't find it.
ShaperV said:
Quote from: Arkeus on 20-03-2014, 08:52:22
1°) If Dita were to be like Pavel, in the sense of being constantly away on crusades far from Berjoria, would the family still consider the need to kill her off, even if there are loyal family retainers taking care of Verzi?

Well, in order to make sure the family doesn't lose Verzi she'd need to marry someone trustworthy first. But once that's done it would actually be a nice solution. As long as she's out of the kingdom she isn't going to embarass the family, and as long as you can plausibly claim that she's still alive and in contact with you her relatives can't try to claim the barony. You could easily keep that going for 5-10 years before the question of children becomes urgent, and by then the king will be dead and your family will have either won or lost the fight for the crown.

Basically, As long as we can prove to our grandfather that she isn't going to embarrass the family, she just need to marry someone so that the family doesn't lose the Barony, and from there she can go on Crusades or be our personal spy or whatever, and then go to India. There would be no need of children for 5-10 years.

Also, it's possible you missed a few updates because for a while the 'Noble schemes' updates weren't in the index.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed that. Though I still think that we need to investigate if the paperwork for her to be made the heir of the place was completed. If it was then there would be no real reason for her to marry and I don't want to force her into a situation in which she will most likely run away from. Would you be be amenable to investigating that rather than meet up with Etzi or the investigation?

Ghost said:
Missed that. Though I still think that we need to investigate if the paperwork for her to be made the heir of the place was completed. If it was then there would be no real reason for her to marry and I don't want to force her into a situation in which she will most likely run away from. Would you be be amenable to investigating that rather than meet up with Etzi or the investigation?

I...don't know how we could investigate this right now. I mean, Dominic is pretty sure that Dita is the actual heir and would be in control of the Barony when she comes of age, but we pretty much need to find proof from a higher-up in our family or in Vezti itself, and that would require a multi-months trip.

Do you have any better idea on how to investigate this?

I plan to make such a trip in the winter, basically taking Dita, Jaroslaw and our Rangers (maybe even Kat) adventuring for the jobs our aunt gives us and finishing in Ikula to meet with our grandfather, but we can't really afford to do it right now as Boris is coming (also, i want to take advantage of no one being able to move in winter to leave our fief, as it's probably the safest time to do so).

Oh, and i want to go visit our grandfather in order to convince him to send the potential candidates to the Dita marriage to Corzu, so that we/Dita can 'audit' them.

Btw, i am unsure that Dita being the actual heir would change much, as there still needs to be someone our family trust governing the Barony, and if Dita doesn't marry this means that everyone will know she is the true Baroness, and it will bring attention on her (something that, given she is the Priestess of Inova and wants to rescue a 'Demon', is risky as hell).

Arkeus said:
I...don't know how we could investigate this right now. I mean, Dominic is pretty sure that Dita is the actual heir and would be in control of the Barony when she comes of age, but we pretty much need to find proof from a higher-up in our family or in Vezti itself, and that would require a multi-months trip.

I plan to make such a trip in the winter, basically taking Dita, Jaroslaw and our Rangers (maybe even Kat) adventuring for the jobs our aunt gives us and finishing in Ikula to meet with our grandfather, but we can't really afford to do it right now as Boris is coming (also, i want to take advantage of no one being able to move in winter to leave our fief, as it's probably the safest time to do so).

Oh, and i want to go visit our grandfather in order to convince him to send the potential candidates to the Dita marriage to Corzu, so that we/Dita can 'audit' them.

Btw, i am unsure that Dita being the actual heir would change much, as there still needs to be someone our family trust governing the Barony, and if Dita doesn't marry this means that everyone will know she is the true Baroness, and it will bring attention on her (something that, given she is the Priestess of Inova and wants to rescue a 'Demon', is risky as hell).
Your idea seems fine, but in regards to the last a marriage shouldn't be necessary. If she holds the fief as heir she can have him continue as regent without ever going there. What we need to do is insure that our grandfather believes that Dita will not betray the family or die. Speaking of which I'm still confused as to the husband thing. This is a matrilineal property meaning that Dita either de jure holds it or her husband is automatically assumed to hold it. However the right to the fief still is inherently hers, meaning that if she dies her husband has no actual claim to the fief. So I can't understand why ShaperV says that our grandfather would be fine with her adventuring.

Ghost said:
This is a matrilineal property meaning that Dita either de jure holds it or her husband is automatically assumed to hold it. However the right to the fief still is inherently hers, meaning that if she dies her husband has no actual claim to the fief. So I can't understand why ShaperV says that our grandfather would be fine with her adventuring.
Because if she marries she shares it, it's not wholly hers. Basically, Borjeria is ridiculously patriarchal, so even if she is the Heir it just means that when she marries she co-rules. This is also why our Grandfather will need to adopt the husband, so that her children keeps our name.

Basically, when she marries no one needs to know that the Duchy is as much hers as her husband's if she is away, and if she is there, well, there is a loyal husband who has as least as much control as she does (and if we can't prove that she is trustable they'll try to dimnish her power there too).

The marriage would be necessary unless we manage to make some ridiculous change in our Grandfather's mind (or unless we flat our go against him) because a single Baroness is an aberration in Borjeria, and everyone will want to know she deserves it. While Dita probably can become someone who deserves it, she is also Fae enough that it will create problems. Also, good luck proving this to our family before she becomes a epic hero.

Arkeus said:
Because if she marries she shares it, it's not wholly hers. Basically, Borjeria is ridiculously patriarchal, so even if she is the Heir it just means that when she marries she co-rules. This is also why our Grandfather will need to adopt the husband, so that her children keeps our name.

Basically, when she marries no one needs to know that the Duchy is as much hers as her husband's if she is away, and if she is there, well, there is a loyal husband who has as least as much control as she does (and if we can't prove that she is trustable they'll try to dimnish her power there too).

The marriage would be necessary unless we manage to make some ridiculous change in our Grandfather's mind (or unless we flat our go against him) because a single Baroness is an aberration in Borjeria, and everyone will want to know she deserves it. While Dita probably can become someone who deserves it, she is also Fae enough that it will create problems. Also, good luck proving this to our family before she becomes a epic hero.
Straight up not true, insofar as marrying shares the title, at least in reality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_tenure. Dita has the strongest claim to the land. When she marries and if the paperwork wasn't filed her husband will hold the land as a sort of regent because women were considered unfit to do so, like a minor. If the paperwork was filed she is recognize as fit to rule and will corule if she marries with presumably the final say. But either way if she dies without heir her husband has no de jure claim. It would go back up her family tree to her... cousin I believe. Thus I can't see grandfather letting her adventure do to the risks, whether she is married or not.

BFldyq said:
So not unless something happens to our grandfather, and our father and/or brother don't take the title for some reason. Can someone choose to give up their claim to a title/land?

Not in any way that's actually enforceable.

BFldyq said:
Actually, I was wondering if Kat, and Zar if she actually practices Wizardry instead of Sorcery, would be interested. Kat, because it would a rare, if not unique specialty, and Zar because it would potentially have great synergy with her Alchemy, at with regards to the Alchemy that affects someone's body.

Wizards only get to freely train things they personally have sorcery in. So if Kat wanted to specialize in flesh magic she'd have to teach you wizardry, then you'd have to study your own flesh sorcery to develop a specialty, then you'd have to teach it to her. All of which would end up being a huge time sink, obviously.

BFldyq said:
Also, I can't help wonder if Nobles would make an unofficial "exception" to wizardry, like they did so the Regency magic ritual, in return for a ritual that ensure a child of a certain sex, or one that ensures the child is free of any defects and is as healthy as it can be.

A lot of nobles would make private deals for that kind of thing, but they'd be reluctant to admit to doing so publicly.

Arkeus said:
I'd tell her we are currently working to prove to the family that they can trust her not to ruin their reputation, and as such her having a solid understanding of the social skills like diplomacy, intrigue and seduction is extremely likely to make things much easier for everyone. After all, appearances are a good parts of their fears, and if she can get them not to fear for their reputation it will be ridiculously easier for her to get short term training and freedom, mid-term support for her quest to India, and long term power.

We are also worried that Zarana's coterie will be able to manipulate her- she has seen by herself how able they are with words and emotional approach. We really want her to be able to fend for herself and not be overwhelmed by our possible wife's entourage.

"I, um, yeah." Dita blushes. "They were all... wow."

You frown. "Dita, did something happen I don't know about?"

Her blush brightens. "No! We didn't... she just... nothing happened!"

Oh, great. "You know, Dita, you're just proving my point. I'm already assuming the worst after that reaction, so you may as well tell me."

"What? No, it's not like that! I just, well, Izolda and Jagda are, um, like me. You know, about girls? It was nice to talk to someone who understands, and they're both very... experienced."

You sigh. "It would be better if they hadn't figured that out just yet. But I suppose a little girl talk isn't the end of the world. You did just talk, right?"

Dita squirms. "Um, we kind of... kissed. A little."

"Dita!" You groan.

"...and there was touching."

You facepalm.

"But we didn't go all the way! I know better than that. Though Izolda kind of hinted that if the marriage goes through, maybe they'd show me what they do for Zarana. Wait, do you think they were trying to get me to influence you?"

"Dita," you ask as calmly as you can manage. "Why am I just now hearing about this?"

"I didn't want to get them in trouble?"

"You didn't want Zarana's little spy girls to get in trouble for successfully influencing you? Right. Do I still need to explain why you need this training?"

"...no."

"Good. We'll start... wait. What do you mean, 'what they do for Zarana?'"

You didn't realize Dita could blush that brightly.

Arkeus said:
@ShaperV Question: Do we need Wizardry to do enchanting, or is it possible to, say, create a coat of warmth with Fire 3 or so?

Making magic items normally requires wizardry.

Arkeus said:

If he did finish the paperwork there should be three witnesses somewhere, but you aren't sure who he would have picked for that.

Ghost said:
As for the flesh sorcery I updated my plan, do you mind looking it over and telling me if I put down something we can't do? Lastly, will visiting Ezti count as an adventure for experience purposes?

You need to increase your flesh sorcery to level 3 before you can research a Charm buff. Visiting Ezti will not count as an adventure unless some unexpected crisis comes up during the trip.

ShaperV said:
You need to increase your flesh sorcery to level 3 before you can research a Charm buff. Visiting Ezti will not count as an adventure unless some unexpected crisis comes up during the trip.
Changed that to the increase empathy range to more than touch. Also any word on how claims work in fantasy not-quite-europe?

*facepalm* Ditaaa.

Yep, that training's important.

Still, at least we get confirmation that Dominic's bedroom life will be rather "exciting" if the marriage goes through.

ShaperV said:
Not in any way that's actually enforceable.
So does that mean there's no laws regarding it, or that it's illegal?

ShaperV said:
Wizards only get to freely train things they personally have sorcery in. So if Kat wanted to specialize in flesh magic she'd have to teach you wizardry, then you'd have to study your own flesh sorcery to develop a specialty, then you'd have to teach it to her. All of which would end up being a huge time sink, obviously.
Ah. I was actually thinking of Kat reverse-engineering it by study us. Still, let's wait to see if Kat's in synergizing sorcery and wizardry proves successful then.

Still, with it we could see what Zarana's potions are doing, which would be useful for us and her.

ShaperV said:
A lot of nobles would make private deals for that kind of thing, but they'd be reluctant to admit to doing so publicly.
Still, would be a good way to earn some favors/money.

hunter09 said:
Somehow even though she is a girl Dita's other head gets her into trouble.
Yep. :))

Oh, and what are the stat/skills of our mistresses? Sorry about all the questions, I just like having a lot of details to use.

On the mistress, one of the ideas I was playing with was attempting to get more use from them than just bed warmers but I decided to wait until we had Zarana's help in doing so.

Ghost said:
On the mistress, one of the ideas I was playing with was attempting to get more use from them than just bed warmers but I decided to wait until we had Zarana's help in doing so.
That's why asked about their stats/skills.

Also, is there a "bedroom" skill? There's skills for everything else, after all, so I'm curious.

BFldyq said:

Also, is there a "bedroom" skill? There's skills for everything else, after all.
If there is a "bedroom" skill I demand that our previous experience increase it. Can't have Dominic be a lousy lover.

Ghost said:
If there is a "bedroom" skill I demand that our previous experience increase it. Can't have Dominic be a lousy lover.
I suspect being married to Zarana would increase it. ;-)

But, on a more serious note, would regency magic be able to increase crop yields? Also, does anyone think we should research using regency magic to boost our Mind?

ShaperV said:

IC and OOC, yeah.

Not that I mind involving her "spy girls", but only after the marriage is sealed and there's a vastly reduced amount of crap pillow talk can reveal.

BFldyq said:
I suspect being married to Zarana would increase it. ;-)

But, on a more serious note, would regency magic be able to increase crop yields? Also, does anyone think we should research using regency magic to boost our Mind?

Oh yeah... And administration 1, at least.

Well, there's this:
Bless the Fields (Apr-May only) - Katiana can bless fields during the spring planting to increase their fertility for a year. She estimates she can cover all of Corzu with a month of work, and this should increase crop yields by about 25%. But that won't change your tax revenue, so maybe it's best not to work magic in front of the peasants?

So earth magic can, at least.

Ghost said:

Agreed.

BFldyq said:

Best add these into the tables directly if we get them.

Walkir said:
Oh yeah... And administration 1, at least.
I thinking that we should get that, but we currently have a seneschal, so that can be put off for a turn or two.

On a different, do you think it would be possible for us to "set-up" a minor adventure or two for Dita? For example, have Dita try and break into Corzu Keep, then find several items hidden all over, then get out with the "loot", all without being detected, with the servants being told any who spots her and "raises the alarm" receives a bonus? If she get's through, it means we get data on holes in our security and we can fix them. If she can't, it's good practice.

In other words, an exorcise. Would that count?

That wouldn't be an adventure, that would be training a skill

Thief

perhaps

*shrugs* I'm trying to find a way to maximize her growth, and we know adventures don't have to involve combat or a massive threat: Kat's first month, and Zarana's visit were both adventures, for example.

BFldyq said:
*shrugs* I'm trying to find a way to maximize her growth, and we know adventures don't have to involve combat or a massive threat: Kat's first month, and Zarana's visit were both adventures, for example.

If you want a adventure for Dita that doesn't involve combat, next month is a perfect example. Boris will be there, and having something like "[X]:Help hosting Boris and his men" would probably be considered an adventure for her as long as she is aware of how important it is for her to look good and learn more about Boris and his men.

Boris should logically have some real political weight in the family, and him thinking "I like and can trust my cousin" is worth an adventure. Likewise, Dita could totally seduce one of his captains if he comes with some and get one to stay with us, or some such.

Kat being able to turn normal actions into adventures is, in my mind, a byproduct of her High Soul and willpower. She had to painstakingly learn how to make do with her death of action-slots, and she had a great deal of willpower to apply to the situation.

It's definitely something worth learning with Dominic and Dita, but it will probably be something that will require direct teaching from Kat for multiple actions.

ShaperV said:
Unless the players come up with a truly brilliant plan you aren't going to be changing Borjeria's culture anytime soon.
I think I just came up with something that might work, is ethical, and will be useful and beneficial even if it doesn't make Inovia-worship more acceptable.

More specifically, this:
ShaperV said:
The problem is more a matter of power than skill - the ley lines carry such an immense amount of energy that human magic normally can't begin to have any effect on them. Realistically it would require divine intervention, or the use of some artifact that works on the same scale.
Bolded for emphasis.

Kita's wards catch and contain corruption, while Dita's holy magic can purify/banish it. What I'm thinking is such a thinking on a larger scale. A much larger scale. As in country-sized.

The concept is simple, in principle: construct a giant ward that covers an area, that is composed of a huge amount of smaller ones. These wards draw up the corruption from the ground and leylines, and then purifies the taint. This would be supported by the presence/usage of specially crafted magical items, place in key positions. If possible, this would also sanctify the area(to Inovia?). All the while being powered by the very thing it's cleansing: the earth.

Of course, designing, testing and implementing this would be a ludicrously difficult feat, and would likely require various different types of Wizardry/Sorcery(Holy, Wards, Earth, Fire and Regency are only the start), immense quantities of manpower, boatloads of material, much experimentation and time. This would be a multi-decade task, maybe even multi-century.

But if it works, it'd be amazing: an entire land, slowly purified and sanctified, weakening the forces of darkness/evil/hell/whatever. And if one land has it, it'll likely be copied by other nations, as who wouldn't want to be freaked of those various nasties that pop-up due to the corruption? It would probably also weaken anything nasty that does enter the area, meaning the forces of light/good/heaven/whatever have an advantage.

The most preferable result for everyone would be that the holiness and purity begins to affect the leylines themselves, slowly lessening their corruption and replacing that with purity. Have the enemy get a taste of poison of their own, which might literal depending on what the nasty is.

The best result for the Inovians would be if these things were connected them and Inovia. Not a good idea to reject the girls in charge of running and maintaining your defence's, is it?

Of course, this is a horribly ambitious project. Probably not even possible. But amazing to think about, and whether we succeed or fail, we'd be going down in the history books.

Oh, and I was just re-reading the training section on the front page, and apparently "an attribute that's much higher than the skill you're training may speed up training time significantly". However, I don't think I've seen that. Do we need a 5 or something to get that benefit?

Also, does anyone think we should research Regency magic to get that Soul stat boost anywhere, not just in Corzu?

hunter09 said:

Hey, Charm 3 + Seduction 3 isn't easy to resist, especially for a young virgin like Dita.

Ghost said:
Also any word on how claims work in fantasy not-quite-europe?

This is an important point, since some of my early answers on this topic were based on the assumption that Dita's father never finished that paperwork.

If Dita's father declared her his heir then legally she inherited feudal tenure in Verzi when he died. If she dies without heirs it reverts to her nearest relative on her mother's side of the family.

If he didn't, then she's merely a conduit for conveying the land to her husband when she marries. Once that happens her husband holds tenure, so if they both die without heirs it reverts to his nearest relative instead.

So yes, the issue of whether or not Dita was legally declared heir to Verzi is potentially rather important. Of course, Borjeria doesn't have a central record-keeping office for this kind of thing, and most likely your grandfather would have destroyed the paperwork if he found it. But if there's still a properly signed and witnesses copy somewhere, having it become public knowledge at the wrong moment could really ruin your grandfather's day.

BFldyq said:
So does that mean there's no laws regarding it, or that it's illegal?

There are no laws about it, because no one thinks they'd mean anything. You can abdicate a title in favor of another heir, but this hardly ever happens because you could always come back later with an army at your back and say you've changed your mind.

BFldyq said:
Oh, and what are the stat/skills of our mistresses? Sorry about all the questions, I just like having a lot of details to use.

Added to the status page.

BFldyq said:
But, on a more serious note, would regency magic be able to increase crop yields?

That seems like a plausible application.

BFldyq said:
Also, does anyone think we should research using regency magic to boost our Mind?

You'd need to expand your territory or find some other way to increase the number of boosts you get first.

BFldyq said:
On a different, do you think it would be possible for us to "set-up" a minor adventure or two for Dita? For example, have Dita try and break into Corzu Keep, then find several items hidden all over, then get out with the "loot", all without being detected, with the servants being told any who spots her and "raises the alarm" receives a bonus? If she get's through, it means we get data on holes in our security and we can fix them. If she can't, it's good practice.

In other words, an exorcise. Would that count?

No, adventures have to be real. They don't have to involve physical combat, but there has to be something important at stake that you could actually lose if you do poorly. I'm also not going to encourage attempts to game the system - any marginal case that you set up yourselves is not going to count.

If you want Dita to get lots of adventuring XP quickly you'd be better off sending her to work with one of the Chosen for a month.

BFldyq said:
Also, is there a "bedroom" skill? There's skills for everything else, after all, so I'm curious.

Seduction covers that. I figure any situation where the results are important is going to involve both setup and delivery, so to speak.

Arkeus said:
If you want a adventure for Dita that doesn't involve combat, next month is a perfect example. Boris will be there, and having something like "[X]:Help hosting Boris and his men" would probably be considered an adventure for her as long as she is aware of how important it is for her to look good and learn more about Boris and his men.

Not an adventure. Dita isn't a social schemer with her own plans and political ambitions, so it's going to be very hard to make any kind of social situation count as an adventure for her.

Arkeus said:
Kat being able to turn normal actions into adventures is, in my mind, a byproduct of her High Soul and willpower. She had to painstakingly learn how to make do with her death of action-slots, and she had a great deal of willpower to apply to the situation.

It's definitely something worth learning with Dominic and Dita, but it will probably be something that will require direct teaching from Kat for multiple actions.

Rare special abilities like that usually aren't teachable. You could try, but unless you come up with a really good justification the odds of success are low.

ShaperV said:
Hey, Charm 3 + Seduction 3 isn't easy to resist, especially for a young virgin like Dita.
Seduction 3?

...Ladies and gentleman, I do believe we'll have to step up our game if we want a content wife. ;p

More seriously, I wonder if we should have Dita learn seduction? Preferably from Aldona and Mira, try and get them to bond.

...Now I've shivers down my spine.

ShaperV said:
This is an important point, since some of my early answers on this topic were based on the assumption that Dita's father never finished that paperwork.

If Dita's father declared her his heir then legally she inherited feudal tenure in Verzi when he died. If she dies without heirs it reverts to her nearest relative on her mother's side of the family.

If he didn't, then she's merely a conduit for conveying the land to her husband when she marries. Once that happens her husband holds tenure, so if they both die without heirs it reverts to his nearest relative instead.

So yes, the issue of whether or not Dita was legally declared heir to Verzi is potentially rather important. Of course, Borjeria doesn't have a central record-keeping office for this kind of thing, and most likely your grandfather would have destroyed the paperwork if he found it. But if there's still a properly signed and witnesses copy somewhere, having it become public knowledge at the wrong moment could really ruin your grandfather's day.
1) So if we find that, we've got some heavy leverage.
2) We need to create a central-record keeping office.

ShaperV said:
There are no laws about it, because no one thinks they'd mean anything. You can abdicate a title in favor of another heir, but this hardly ever happens because you could always come back later with an army at your back and say you've changed your mind.
I suppose it would depend on why you abdicating then. Other heir has a bigger army and is keeping a close eye on you?

ShaperV said:
Added to the status page.
Thank you. *bows*

Also, Aldona's better in the bedroom then us? Blow to the ego. ;p

ShaperV said:
That seems like a plausible application.
*steeples fingers* Excellent.

ShaperV said:
You'd need to expand your territory or find some other way to increase the number of boosts you get first.
That second one was implied. Increasing efficiency?

ShaperV said:
No, adventures have to be real. They don't have to involve physical combat, but there has to be something important at stake that you could actually lose if you do poorly. I'm also not going to encourage attempts to game the system - any marginal case that you set up yourselves is not going to count.

If you want Dita to get lots of adventuring XP quickly you'd be better off sending her to work with one of the Chosen for a month.
Nuts. Though going on an adventure with one of the Chosen during winter seems interesting, if a bit dangerous...

ShaperV said:
Seduction covers that. I figure any situation where the results are important is going to involve both setup and delivery, so to speak.
I'm assuming Aldona and Mira appreciated the increase?

ShaperV said:
Not an adventure. Dita isn't a social schemer with her own plans and political ambitions, so it's going to be very hard to make any kind of social situation count as an adventure for her.
*sighs* I think the threat of no combat training or adventure's might do it, but that's defeating the point of it.

ShaperV said:
Rare special abilities like that usually aren't teachable. You could try, but unless you come up with a really good justification the odds of success are low.
Nuts again. The only thing I can think of is after getting married, using that connection plus Fire and Flesh sorcery to slowly develop that ability in Dominic, using Kita as simultaneously a "mold", a "seed" and a "guide".

Also, been wondering(again! Why can't my brain be this productive with useful stuff!), what does Kita's "meta-magic" specialty mean, and what can it do? Magic in it's pure form?

Reposting vote due to large changes and hoping we can get more discussion.

Major actions

Dominic
1) [X] Research:
2) [X] Research:
3) [X] Adventure: Nikolai's Associates, be wery wery quiet, we're hunting wabbits.

Dita
1) [X] Research: Illusions/Stealth light magic
2) [X] Adventure: Nikolai's Associates, be wery wery quiet, we're hunting wabbits.

Kat
1) [X] Survey lands for resources.
2) [X] If there is time, Adventure: Nikolai's Associates, be wery wery quiet, we're hunting wabbits.

Jaroslaw:
[X] Guard Kat along with Rangers, search for evidence of threats when time permits while escorting Kat.

Minor Actions
1) [X] Heal up the disabled troops should they need it
2) [X] Give the books to Kat to read and ask Kat to draw up a plan to train our troops in Roman construction techniques or at least think about how it would be done.
3) [X] Send a letter home asking our Dad how our doing the friends we had (our age) back in Korovala, and if any of them would be interested in coming to our keep. We might have to go to Korovalo ourself to convince them latter, of course.
4) [X] Authorize the use of Curzu garrison in construction products for this month.
5.) [X] Observe your mistresses, and talk with them and others. Make sure that no conflicts are brewing like they did early this year, or that you getting married won't cause any problems to pop up. Try and do it as subtly as possible.
6) [X] Observe what's happening with the anti-pregnancy wards after a bout with the mistresses and see if the chickens have laid any fertile eggs, or if any of the pigs are pregnant. If so, regularly check up on the developing chicken/pigs development.
7) [X] Talk to Dita about what she plans on doing after rescuing and redeeming/purifying Tavi and for more information in regards to her father's plan for her to be his actual heir.
8) [X] Send a letter to Etzi, excusing us not to come this month as we might be hosting family members, but assure her that we will try to come in the next couple of months.

Major actions

Dominic
1) [X] Research: Fleshcrafting Sorcery technique (Enhance "sensing of a person's emotional state and physical condition (touch)" to be done from range)
2) [X] Adventure: Nikolai's Associates, be wery wery quiet, we're hunting wabbits.
3) [X] Research:Investigate possible leads into the paperwork that may have been filed by Dita's father in order to declare her fit to rule. (Hopefully we can get some adventure leads for this)

Dita
1) [X] Research: Illusions/Stealth light magic

Kat
1) [X] Survey lands for resources.
2) [X] If there is time, Adventure: Nikolai's Associates, be wery wery quiet, we're hunting wabbits.

Jaroslaw:
[X] Guard Kat along with Rangers, search for evidence of threats when time permits while escorting Kat.

Minor Actions
1) [X] Heal up the disabled troops should they need it
2) [X] Give the books to Kat to read
3) [X] Give Kat whatever help you can with her staff
4) [X] Tell Traian to earmark some of the harvest tax for Bialis's requested equipment.
5) [X] Send a letter home asking our Dad how our doing the friends we had (our age) back in Korovala, and if any of them would be interested in coming to our keep. We might have to go to Korovalo ourself to convince them latter, of course.
6) [X] Authorize the use of Curzu garrison in construction products for this month.
7) [X] When training spells, Dominic should make a habit to be around Dita
8.) [X] Observe your mistresses, and talk with them and others. Make sure that no conflicts are brewing like they did early this year, or that you getting married won't cause any problems to pop up. Try and do it as subtly as possible.
9) [X] Observe what's happening with the anti-pregnancy wards after a bout with the mistresses. You might learn something.
10) [X] Talk to Dita about what she plans on doing after rescuing and redeeming/purifying Tavi.
11) [X] See if the chickens have laid any fertile eggs, or if any of the pigs are pregnant. If so, regularly check up on the developing chicken/pigs development.
12) [X] Write our sisters with greetings and news of the Keep
13) [X] Send a letter to Etzi, excusing us not to come this month as we might be hosting family members, but assure her that we will try to come in the next couple of months.
14) [X] Ask Kat to draw up a plan to train our troops in Roman construction techniques or at least think about how it would be done.

Why is everyone suddenly letting Kat survey the land, is there a deadline I'm not aware of?

i'd also add this:

Bialis:
[X] Get everyone to Skill 2 (only the Garrison is below that threshold)

I have no interest in and see zero benefit from imposing ourselves into the business of Nikolai's potentially disreputable associates. All we know about the situation is that Nikolai occasionally appears to engage in dealings with persons who appear to possibly be unsavory, all based on Chesna's assessment. She is a self-admitted biased witness and not experienced enough in any relevant skill for me to consider her weak suspicion as evidence worthy of launching an investigation into Nikolia, who it should be remembered Dominic has extremely limited power to act against even should evidence of actual wrongdoing be uncovered.

Then there's the fact that if there really is something shady going on, there is a high chance of it being related to the assassin business we already decided to not interfere with. All of the reasons for making that decision still apply now, except that we now have less immediately justifiable reasons for interfering.

I don't see the benefit of spending our time on this except for the frankly inappropriate drive to cram in as many adventures, regardless of their merit, as possible for the exp. The adventure doesn't even seem aligned to growth in particularly useful areas. Not for our immediate and intermediate goals anyway.

Biggest issues I see with Ghosts list is Kat's action, but I've gone over that enough to realize you guys aren't going to change it, and Jaroslaw's action, we don't need to waste a named characters time on that type of thing, and doing so is a big waste when he could be spending that time training our troops.

Big issue i see with Ghost's list is that he is trying to do adventure for XP's sakes when they don't advance the characters or are not feasible. The whole Nikolai bit is not something we want or can do right now, and i actually think that not only would it be hard as hell to get, but managing having confirmation about Dita being a heiress right now is bad for Dominic.

So, huh, seems too much like "we want to do adventures" and not enough like "we want to do adventures that will advance our plots".

Arkeus said:
Big issue i see with Ghost's list is that he is trying to do adventure for XP's sakes when they don't advance the characters or are not feasible. The whole Nikolai bit is not something we want or can do right now, and i actually think that not only would it be hard as hell to get, but managing having confirmation about Dita being a heiress right now is bad for Dominic.

So, huh, seems too much like "we want to do adventures" and not enough like "we want to do adventures that will advance our plots".
We need diplomacy. Dita needs diplomacy and probably seduction but that can wait. Investigation will most likely give diplomacy for both us and Dita. We need political capital to be able to force the issue with Dita when it goes tits up. Investigation gives us that.

Edit: If you're talking about the result of our actions than I can understand why you would disagree because our objectives are different. We have a few paths at the moment. We bow to our family's wishes and work to advance our position under them, we GTFO, we refuse our families wishes and get crushed, or we get enough power to make ourselves too dangerous to be dealt with out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back