• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Feudal Quest

Ghost said:
Make a god long for your touch, I'd bet.
I still want to know if it's possible to become a god.

Actually, what do the gods do? Are they in a constant battle against the forces of darkness/evil/whatever that consumes most of their time and attention or something? Because I can't help but wonder why leylines are still corrupted...

Also, why do the gods desire/require worship? Is it an ego thing, or do they receive some actual benefit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dominic:
[X]Host Boris and his men, Hunting games (and playing matchmaker) when Ezti arrives and showing him your sorcery in private.
[X]Magical Research
[X]Magical Research

Dita:
[X]Meet Kolarovo's heir and Dominic's big brother Boris, participate in hunting games and make good use of your newfound diplomacy to show off your awesomeness without looking alien.
[X]Magical Research

Kat:
[X]Repair the keep.

Jaroslaw:
[X]Take the rangers and their totally surprising knowledge of the animals in the fief and help Dominic make the hunting games go smoothly.

Minor Actions
1) Experiment with giving your mistresses (especially Aldona) a bit more responsibility, perhaps they could be useful for greater things in the future: get them to assist Traian, who looks in need of helper monkeys.
1°) Talk with Dragos to see if he has any suggestions about longer term developments to Corzu.
2°)Tell Boris about The Hand in Piscia, and our worries that it could hurt the family if it became known they had a base in one of our Baronnies. It is especially troubling when considering that Chesna is now courting the Czene heir.
3°) Make sure to always have a word for Dita when she goes too far, she must make sure not to look too alien. Likewise, try to push her to meet Boris' men and socialize with soldiers a bit. She want to become a Hero after all.
4°) Try not to get so drunk we go on a panty raid in Piscia.
5°)See about getting a helper monkey for Traian and a Blacksmith.

@ShaperV:
1°)Is it normal that dominic has nothing in Archery? Pretty damn sure he used to have something there, and he did have a Bow with him when fighting the bandits.
2°) Does Boris have any captains/officer with him? Can we have names?

Arkeus said:
Take Boris and his men to Bocsa to visit Ezti (Maybe take the most trained Corzu Foot with you if the Rangers can't come?)
Ezti coming to us, no need to go to her. It was probably a bit rude of us, but family visiting takes precedence.

Arkeus said:
6°) Try not to get so drunk we go on a panty raid in Piscia.
I laughed. But I'm not actually sure if they wear underwear...? Scratch that, they probably do, at least with court clothes, but almost certainly not panties.

BFldyq said:
Ezti coming to us, no need to go to her. It was probably a bit rude of us, but family visiting takes precedence.

Damn, i had missed that part with Ezti arriving in a few days. I wanted to go to Bocsa because she invited us and because our castle is small. Ok, will change things.

Arkeus said:
Damn, i had missed that part with Ezti arriving in a few days. I wanted to go to Bocsa because she invited us and because our castle is small. Ok, will change things.
Like I said, seems a bit rude. Hopefully Boris will get along with her, though. And that there hasn't been a misunderstanding...

We may be getting a work-out with our Diplomacy here.

BFldyq said:
Like I said, seems a bit rude. Hopefully Boris will get along with her, though. And that there hasn't been a misunderstanding...

I suspect it's like Zarana insisting to come visit us- Ezti really wants to meet our brother.

Arkeus said:
I suspect it's like Zarana insisting to come visit us- Ezti really wants to meet our brother.
That's the thing: I'm not sure she's aware he'll be coming, which may be a problem...

Still, step one: keep Boris and his men on their best behaviour. Threaten them with impotence, if need be.

Dominic:
[X]Host Boris and his men, Hunting games (and playing matchmaker) when Ezti arrives and showing him your sorcery in private.
[X]Magical Research
[X]Magical Research

Dita:
[X]Meet Kolarovo's heir and Dominic's big brother Boris, participate in hunting games and make good use of your newfound diplomacy to show off your awesomeness without looking alien.
[X]Magical Research

Kat:
[X]Repair the keep, including the loft and temple to Thoth.

Jaroslaw:
[X]Take the rangers and their totally surprising knowledge of the animals in the fief and help Dominic make the hunting games go smoothly.

Minor Actions
1) Experiment with giving your mistresses (especially Aldona) a bit more responsibility, perhaps they could be useful for greater things in the future: get them to assist Traian, who looks in need of helper monkeys. Offer to dress them in your livery.
2) Talk with Dragos to see if he has any suggestions about longer term developments to Corzu.
3)Tell Boris about The Hand in Piscia, and our worries that it could hurt the family if it became known they had a base in one of our Baronnies. It is especially troubling when considering that Chesna is now courting the Czene heir.
4) Make sure to always have a word for Dita when she goes too far, she must make sure not to look too alien. Likewise, try to push her to meet Boris' men and socialize with soldiers a bit. She want to become a Hero after all.
5) Try not to get so drunk we go on a panty raid in Piscia.

BFldyq said:
Actually, have we mentioned to Kita we want the Tower Loft? If not, should probably mention that.

Kat or Dita? ;)

Yeah, definitely mention this to Kat.

ShaperV said:
Order: Make sure your mistresses are happy
Both girls are a bit unhappy that you won't let them get pregnant. They're very intimidated by Zarana and her coterie, and are afraid that once you marry her you won't have any use for them anymore. Having your children would at least reassure them that you'll continue to take care of them even if you're too busy with your hot wife and her kinky minions to have time for boring village girls.

This cannot stand. While they might have started out as boring village girls, by now they should know exactly what Dominic likes and how he likes it. And they're not going to tell everything to Zarana like her kinky minions.

I'm not against getting them pregnant, but it probably shouldn't be his firstborn.

Ok, upon further thoughts, placating our mistresses this way is a bad idea, especially giving them work. They are maids, which we like because it means they are where they should be- waiting for us when we need them. Having them actually work more just means they are going to do their real job less.

Furthermore, giving them more work only means they'll believe they are being pushed aside.

As for their fears on being sidelined by our wife? While our Wife is obviously going to come before our mistresses, we can tell them we are probably going to let them have our bastards sooner or later. If we are actually seeing their morale being truly down, maybe we should be dropping them a few hints that them stepping up their games when it comes to seduction would gain us further approval.

Traian still needs Helper monkeys though, and we still haven't got a Blacksmith, have we? Maybe we should make a quick trip to Pischia and get both of those.

@ShaperV: What are the expectations about firstborn? would it be extremely offensive for our wife if already had children on the way before we married? Likewise, Kat has been strangely insistent about her virginity being important as a Wizardess. Is our Firstborn significant magically (question for Kat)?

Likewise, it's very possible that it's acceptable to have bastards before we are married, but much less desired to have bastards just after being married (as it basically tells our wife she isn't enough for us). I would prefer not doing a Faux-pas here.

Honestly, I think finding another place for our mistresses is the most reasonable course of action. I also think that place must be away from Dominic. We have enough to worry about with Zarana and Kat, and bastards are actually a legit problem most of the time, we should avoid having one.

The simplest course of action I can see is setting them up as personal maids to someone like Chesna or Ezti. The former arguably owes us one, and they could offer her some pointers on getting a man. (Lala would actually be even better, as she could probably use the help purely int terms of someone sensible around). Alternatively, we could probably help them find someone to marry despite the 'shame' of their loss of virginity so long as we give them some kind of dowry. (Or so long as we can pressure the prospective husband).

I think sending our mistresses off to some other house is somewhat in bad taste. I do think we can just tell them to stop worrying about it and expect them to comply because that is their job. Bastards don't seem to be a huge deal in general in this culture, but things are already slated to be somewhat complicated between Zarana and Kat, and I would prefer to keep matters simplified where possible. If that means having slightly unhappy bedmates until we're certain where all involved parties stand, so be it, but I doubt it will come to even that.

drake_azathoth said:
Honestly, I think finding another place for our mistresses is the most reasonable course of action. I also think that place must be away from Dominic. We have enough to worry about with Zarana and Kat, and bastards are actually a legit problem most of the time, we should avoid having one.
ShaperV has previously mentioned that bastards with a commoner mistress aren't a real problem, in the sense they can't inherit.

Also, do you think we could convince Shaper to put the links to the docs on the first page?

I likewise disagree with sending them of it would be in both bad taste in form to betray those that served us faithfully. I would also remind you that they no longer do maid work, that's why we had to hire more maids once we made them our mistresses. Also is that the message we want to send, that we are happy to use and discard people? Wouldn't be a good rep to have imo.

If Dominic really wanted to make the mistresses happy all he has to do is develop a birth control method of his own and have Kat stop applying birth control treatments to the mistresses. As far as they'll know, they'll have a chance at getting pregnant then.

Honestly, the main reasons against having (a) bastard(s) are:
1) OOC, we don't know if it'll be a social faux-pas.
2) OOC and IC, we want to raise our Flesh sorcery a bit, so we can enhance the pregnancy and the kids.
3) OOC and IC, kids are a bit of a hassle, we want to be a bit more secure/deal with more pressing issue's before adding to them.

Additionally, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette between a noble parent and their commoner bastard children, nor what, if any, social stigma the children would receive.

Also, I'm not sure that the mistresses traditionally did anything other then be around to slake their patrons lusts. If we break that standard, what would everyone's reaction be? Including Aldona's and Mira's reaction, obviously.

Note that I am not proposing to have them act as maids, but to have them trained in some usefull skills.

They have reason to fear for their future, they have no usefull skill other than their body, and with our future wife, her maidens and Katiana we will not be lacking in the bed warm department.

My plan is to have them learn to read and write, and Alana in special, the initials of diplomacy and administration , so she can act as our "secretary"

In adition, she can help us develop our seduction to another level.
The other one, I was thinking on having her learn dancing and other pleasure arts, so she could act as a nanny to our future sons and daughters.

Is there perhaps something we can give them to wear? Something with our emblem or colors to mark them with our favor? Perhaps something valuable but decorative?

bastur2 said:
The other one, I was thinking on having her learn dancing and other pleasure arts, so she could act as a nanny to our future sons and daughters.
...I do not see how teaching Mira "pleasure arts" connects to being a nanny. Or rather, I can, but the implications disturb me.

There's also the possibility of having the mistresses able to lead projects, either alone or together. That would be pretty useful and would give them a safety net. Lets address the root of the issue rather than the symptoms. They're worried because they have no security if we decide to get rid of them. By teaching them useful skills and giving them responsibility not only demonstrate that we plan to keep them around but also if we don't they will have some way to support themselves.

Ghost said:
There's also the possibility of having the mistresses able to lead projects, either alone or together. That would be pretty useful and would give them a safety net. Lets address the root of the issue rather than the symptoms. They're worried because they have no security if we decide to get rid of them. By teaching them useful skills and giving them responsibility not only demonstrate that we plan to keep them around but also if we don't they will have some way to support themselves.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Though personally, I would like them to become Dominic's magical assistants. Aldona's smarter(2), but has average magical potential(1). Mira's not as smart(1), but has above average magical potential(2). If we ever figure out a way to boost these, those go up to 3/2 and 2/3 respectively. Aldona would better at the intellectual side, but Mira would have more juice, resulting in stronger effects. Brains and Brawn, in other words.

Doubt they'd go for it, though, as it'll take years for them to learn. And the Church of Khersis would have jaguar kittens.

...I wonder if it's possible to make "Dominic Witches". They already fulfil the "congress" part. ;D

Yeah, do not send the mistresses away.

Dominic:
[X] Host Boris and his men, Hunting games (and playing matchmaker) when Ezti arrives and showing him your sorcery in private.
[X] Train Tactics with Boris & Dita
[X] Magical Research
[X] Magical Research

Dita:
[X] Meet Kolarovo's heir and Dominic's big brother Boris, participate in hunting games and make good use of your new found diplomacy to show off your awesomeness without looking alien.
[X] Train Woodscraft

Kat:
[X]Repair the keep.
[X] Add: Tower Loft with a temple to Thoth included to the building lest

Jaroslaw:

1°) Talk with Dragos to see if he has any suggestions about longer term developments to Corzu.
2°)Tell Boris about The Hand in Piscia, and our worries that it could hurt the family if it became known they had a base in one of our Baronnies. It is especially troubling when considering that Chesna is now courting the Czene heir.
3°) Make sure to always have a word for Dita when she goes too far, she must make sure not to look too alien. Likewise, try to push her to meet Boris' men and socialize with soldiers a bit. She want to become a Hero after all.
4°) Try not to get so drunk we go on a panty raid in Piscia.
5°)See about getting a helper monkey for Traian and a Blacksmith.
6) Get Mira and Aldona in our personal livery

@ShaperV

Questions for Boris ~ privately of course

1) Has he been to Verzi at all? If so, what shape is it in?
2) His thoughts on the Egyptian Crusade
3) Boris's thoughts on the upcoming Regency crisis

fitzgerald said:
Dominic:
[] Host Boris and his men, Hunting games (and playing matchmaker) when Ezti arrives and showing him your sorcery in private.
[] Train Tactics with Boris & Dita

Dita:
[] Train Tactics with Boris & Dominic

While i am not against manufacturing bonding time between Dita, Dominic and Boris, It might be rather rude to use our brother for training, especially if he does not propose first. Not only are we not the boss of him, but the opposite is more likely.

Edit: furthermore, he is here on vacation. Talking about important family business is one thing, assuming he is going to work for hours most days for us is something else.

Wow, the questions pile up when I miss a day. Anyone considering doing one of the new adventures, do keep in mind that traveling to any of those locations will take several weeks each way. So you'd end up being gone for at least two turns, although if you plan your route carefully you could probably combine multiple adventures and other actions into one trip.

Arkeus said:
Mmmh, a couple of questions for Kat.

It seems she has experience with aquatic spirits. Would she have any knowledge on how to lure out a aquatic monster? I guess she can't just dance for it....

"I could always summon the river spirit and ask him what it is," she suggests. "I'd have to pay him for the help, but water spirits are usually happy to take a dance performance for minor trades like that."

bastur2 said:
Well, our brother is here.
Quick hide Katiana, she seems to be is his type (a very good opportunity for us to state our claim, that we agree with her offer).

"That is one fine ass, bro," Boris comments to you, observing Kat from across the room. "You tapping that? 'Cause if not I might have to revoke your man card."

"It's a little complicated," you being to explain.

He rolls his eyes. "You always overthink these things. Even I can tell she wants you. Just bend her over the balcony rail and flip that little skirt up..."

"She's a wizardess," you interrupt. "She wants a marriage, and I've got the thing going with Zarana, but Kat's Egyptian and you know how they are. We're negotiating."

"Huh. Well, don't negotiate too long, or I might be tempted..."

You punch his shoulder. "Give it a rest."

bastur2 said:
Her seduction is better than our own or Dita's.

we should use her to train our own and Dita's (making her somewhat useful and less prone to create problems), after, we probably will have to have her train some useful skills like reading and writing, administration and diplomacy, so she can function as our secretary

For Mira, I propose that we have her practice her household skills, her seduction and dance, so she can help maintain our wardrobe and have something to do to help our cause.

That would probably work. They're still providing personal maid service for you, but that's such a generic duty it would be easy to replace them. But a personal secretary is generally a permanent fixture, and training them in anything certainly sends a message that you plan to keep them around.

Although it might be worth noting that secretaries in Borjeria are normally male, and Aldona may find the prospect a bit intimidating.

Ghost said:
Make a god long for your touch, I'd bet.

Pretty much. The absolute top womanizers in RL history would have been Charm 4 / Seduction 4, and another two points is a big difference.

Ghost said:
To those freaking out about Aldona having a higher Seduction score, she doesn't. Her's: Charm 2 + Seduction 2 = 4. Dominic's: Charm 4 + Seduction 1 = 5. We are still the superior lover.

Correct. She's just been very diligent about practicing her ability to give fantastic blowjobs.

BFldyq said:
Anyway, I was thinking: with a high enough Flesh sorcery, would we be able to create a "Death Touch"? So, say we have a meeting with Baron Rogatica, and then a month later he dies in his sleep due to a time-bomb we installed in his heart/intestines/brain/whatever.

This might be possible in theory, but it would take a very high sorcery level. At least 4, probably 5.

BFldyq said:
I still want to know if it's possible to become a god.

Actually, what do the gods do? Are they in a constant battle against the forces of darkness/evil/whatever that consumes most of their time and attention or something? Because I can't help but wonder why leylines are still corrupted...

Also, why do the gods desire/require worship? Is it an ego thing, or do they receive some actual benefit?

There is a constant state of ware between the gods of Light and Darkness (ostensibly good and evil, but depending on your personal morals you might not agree). Dominic's worlds is on the edge of falling to darkness, which is why magic is so corrupting. The gods are basically using humanity as janissaries to try to turn back the tide, which seems to be working - a few hundred years ago most of Europe was overrun by monsters, but they've been pushed back in a long series of crusades.

But there's probably no one in Borjeria that knows the answer to those other questions.

Arkeus said:
@ShaperV:
1°)Is it normal that dominic has nothing in Archery? Pretty damn sure he used to have something there, and he did have a Bow with him when fighting the bandits.

Hmm. I'm not sure if that was an oversight or an editing mistake somewhere along the way. Yes, Dominic is supposed to have a point in Archery.

Arkeus said:
2°) Does Boris have any captains/officer with him? Can we have names?

No, your father's captains are all busy commanding their units back in Kolarovo. Boris' companions are a group of young knights he's been recruiting and personally training for the last few years. From previous discussions you know Boris has been picking them for both personal valor and leadership potential, with the idea that when he takes over in Kolarovo they'll give him a ready source of competent and trustworthy men to put in key positions.

fitzgerald said:
I don't believe we confirmed said "Yes do it"

You hadn't, but it looks like everyone is in favor of it so I'll add it to her list.

Arkeus said:
@ShaperV: What are the expectations about firstborn? would it be extremely offensive for our wife if already had children on the way before we married?

If you'd had a child a year or two ago it wouldn't matter, but now that you're negotiating for marriage it would be a bit of a slap in the face for Zarana.

Arkeus said:
Likewise, Kat has been strangely insistent about her virginity being important as a Wizardess. Is our Firstborn significant magically (question for Kat)?

"In theory yes, but in your case I don't think it matters. Your firstborn is your metaphysical heir, and the child most likely to inherit any magical boons, debts, titles or other possessions you might have. But I think your regency over Corzu is the only magical possession you have to pass on, and Borjeria's regency magic will let you pass that to your legal heir instead.

Arkeus said:
Likewise, it's very possible that it's acceptable to have bastards before we are married, but much less desired to have bastards just after being married (as it basically tells our wife she isn't enough for us). I would prefer not doing a Faux-pas here.

Exactly. It would be a major public embarrassment for her if you have a child with a mistress within a year or so of the marriage - you're supposed to at least pretend to be faithful through the honeymoon period.

BFldyq said:

I was assuming you'd want her to visit Corzu, since that's the easiest way to have her meet Boris under controlled circumstances. If you don't like that plan you can try to meet in Kiscun instead, but then you and Boris have to do some extra traveling and Baron Kiscun is likely to be hanging around during some of your conversations.

megrisvernin said:
Is there perhaps something we can give them to wear? Something with our emblem or colors to mark them with our favor? Perhaps something valuable but decorative?

Yes, you could start having them wear your personal livery. That would actually be an easy way to both reassure them and give them a significant status boost. In Borjeria wearing a noble's personal livery is a privilege reserved for untitled minor nobles (squires, for instance), retainers with key managerial posts (like your head maid), and commoners you intend to keep as lifelong personal servants. Being a liveried servant actually gives some significant legal protections against other nobles, and would boost their social status to about the level of a village headman or master craftsman.

BFldyq said:
Additionally, I'm not sure of the proper etiquette between a noble parent and their commoner bastard children, nor what, if any, social stigma the children would receive.

Normally you don't raise bastard kids in the same household as your legitimate ones unless your wife is deceased or something - very few noblewomen would be happy about seeing the bastards running around, so it would generally cause a lot of domestic strife.

Mind you, it's entirely possible that Zarana will be on board with this whole magical breeding project thing some players have suggested. She's creative, ruthless, and perfectly capable of appreciating an out-of-the-box solution. But you'd better have that conversation first, or you'll never hear the end of it.

BFldyq said:
Also, I'm not sure that the mistresses traditionally did anything other then be around to slake their patrons lusts. If we break that standard, what would everyone's reaction be? Including Aldona's and Mira's reaction, obviously.

Unmarried nobles frequently keep them as personal maids just like you've been doing, for obvious practical reasons. Married nobles usually find that their wives won't tolerate that, and end up setting the mistress up with a house in town or something along those lines.

Using women to do anything important (other than traditional 'women's work') is so unusual that it will make people talk regardless of who you use. If they're mistresses everyone will assume the 'job' is just an excuse to give them money and keep them handy, which will make it hard for them to be taken seriously.

BFldyq said:
Though personally, I would like them to become Dominic's magical assistants. Aldona's smarter(2), but has average magical potential(1). Mira's not as smart(1), but has above average magical potential(2). If we ever figure out a way to boost these, those go up to 3/2 and 2/3 respectively. Aldona would better at the intellectual side, but Mira would have more juice, resulting in stronger effects. Brains and Brawn, in other words.

Doubt they'd go for it, though, as it'll take years for them to learn. And the Church of Khersis would have jaguar kittens.

...I wonder if it's possible to make "Dominic Witches". They already fulfil the "congress" part. ;D

...you know, if you have enough sorcery that might actually be possible. You probably have enough personal magic to count as a magical creature, you'd just have to figure out how to lend power to someone else.

Yes, the Church would take a dim view of this. But you've noticed that your girls aren't especially devout in the first place.

BFldyq said:
Also, do you think we could convince Shaper to put the links to the docs on the first page?

If someone will post a link so I don't have to go dig for it, I'll add it to the index post.

fitzgerald said:
@ShaperV

Questions for Boris ~ privately of course

1) Has he been to Verzi at all? If so, what shape is it in?

He's never been there, but he's heard it's pretty bad. It's a rich fief with good fortifications, but it's been hovering on the edge of rebellion for a couple of years now. The local nobles are really, really really pissed off about what happened to 'the Baroness and her family', as they put it.

fitzgerald said:
2) His thoughts on the Egyptian Crusade

"I think we should go."

"What? Boris, aren't you supposed to be gradually taking over Kolarovo?"

"Yeah, I get more paperwork every year," he groans. "I hate that shit. Just think of it - you, me, that hot little wizardess of yours, killing vampires with the Pharaoh. We could be heroes. I'll take that over tax books and training reports any day."

"You want to put both of dad's heirs in the same battle? He'd kill us!"

Boris gives you a cocky grin. "Hey, easier to get forgiveness than permission, right?"

fitzgerald said:
3) Boris's thoughts on the upcoming Regency crisis

"I leave that intrigue shit to the people that are good at it. But if it does come to a fight Kolarovo's ready for it. Have you seen those new crossbows they're making in Subotica now? I've got the 4th Kolarovo Foot outfitted with pikes and crossbows now, and I'd take them against any troop of knights in the kingdom. The dwarves won't sell us cannons, but we're building a siege train of trebuchet's that'll tear down most any wall in a couple of weeks. It's the dawn of a new age of war, and the old men are still dreaming about massed charges of lancers."

It's conversations like this one that remind you Boris is as smart as you, and pretty damned scary in his own field. You estimate your brother's stats as:

Boris
• Body 3, Mind 3, Soul 2, Charm 4
• Archery 3, Horsemanship 3, Leadership 4, Siegecraft 3, Strategy 3, Swordsmanship 3, Tactics 3

...and his personal band is Skill 3, Discipline 3, Equipment 4.

Oh! So the personal livery would give them status. Nice.

Combo that with more specific & Valuable duties & I think we have the beginning of a solution.

ShaperV said:
If someone will post a link so I don't have to go dig for it, I'll add it to the index post.

Here
ShaperV said:
Wow, the questions pile up when I miss a day. Anyone considering doing one of the new adventures, do keep in mind that traveling to any of those locations will take several weeks each way. So you'd end up being gone for at least two turns, although if you plan your route carefully you could probably combine multiple adventures and other actions into one trip.
Only several weeks? I had assumed that it would take a couple of months each way, given that Verzi is twice as far as Kolarovo, and Ikula is even farther than that.

That makes things MUCH simpler.

Arkeus said:
Only several weeks? I had assumed that it would take a couple of months each way, given that Verzi is twice as far as Kolarovo, and Ikula is even farther than that.

That makes things MUCH simpler.
I'm guessing a combination of bad terrain, non-existent roads and a circuitous route was the cause. Once we hit the highways, the whole thing will probably go faster.

My preference would be to travel through Rogatica and Salarol, until we hit the city of Salarol, then down to Zarand(the capitol), deal with the problem there, then down the highway again until we hit Cugir, at which point we'll either take a boat or continue on the roads, whichever will be faster, until we hit Verzi.

Or vice-versa. Actually, going to Verzi first might be faster, as we'll then be going downstream to Cugir.

ShaperV said:
If you'd had a child a year or two ago it wouldn't matter, but now that you're negotiating for marriage it would be a bit of a slap in the face for Zarana.

Exactly. It would be a major public embarrassment for her if you have a child with a mistress within a year or so of the marriage - you're supposed to at least pretend to be faithful through the honeymoon period.
Yep, definitely not doing that.

ShaperV said:
That would probably work. They're still providing personal maid service for you, but that's such a generic duty it would be easy to replace them. But a personal secretary is generally a permanent fixture, and training them in anything certainly sends a message that you plan to keep them around.

Although it might be worth noting that secretaries in Borjeria are normally male, and Aldona may find the prospect a bit intimidating.
Yes, you could start having them wear your personal livery. That would actually be an easy way to both reassure them and give them a significant status boost. In Borjeria wearing a noble's personal livery is a privilege reserved for untitled minor nobles (squires, for instance), retainers with key managerial posts (like your head maid), and commoners you intend to keep as lifelong personal servants. Being a liveried servant actually gives some significant legal protections against other nobles, and would boost their social status to about the level of a village headman or master craftsman.
Unmarried nobles frequently keep them as personal maids just like you've been doing, for obvious practical reasons. Married nobles usually find that their wives won't tolerate that, and end up setting the mistress up with a house in town or something along those lines.

Using women to do anything important (other than traditional 'women's work') is so unusual that it will make people talk regardless of who you use. If they're mistresses everyone will assume the 'job' is just an excuse to give them money and keep them handy, which will make it hard for them to be taken seriously.
Excellent. Combining them seems like the best choice. I will note that if you throw in Kat, it makes it look like Dominic might have a like of woman who don't entirely follow tradition. Odd, alarming or just mildly eccentric?

ShaperV said:
Normally you don't raise bastard kids in the same household as your legitimate ones unless your wife is deceased or something - very few noblewomen would be happy about seeing the bastards running around, so it would generally cause a lot of domestic strife.

Mind you, it's entirely possible that Zarana will be on board with this whole magical breeding project thing some players have suggested. She's creative, ruthless, and perfectly capable of appreciating an out-of-the-box solution. But you'd better have that conversation first, or you'll never hear the end of it.
So, ask the missus first? :p

ShaperV said:
...you know, if you have enough sorcery that might actually be possible. You probably have enough personal magic to count as a magical creature, you'd just have to figure out how to lend power to someone else.

Yes, the Church would take a dim view of this. But you've noticed that your girls aren't especially devout in the first place.
*picks up dropped jaw* Okay, um, wow. That was me joking, but if that can actually occur, that might be something worth investigating.

ShaperV said:
He's never been there, but he's heard it's pretty bad. It's a rich fief with good fortifications, but it's been hovering on the edge of rebellion for a couple of years now. The local nobles are really, really really pissed off about what happened to 'the Baroness and her family', as they put it.
Okay, if we're going on an adventure, we're taking Dita with us to Verzi. With luck, one of the nobles there might have been a witness, and if not, might be able to point us in the right direction. A nice, if a bit delayed, birthday present for Dita. ;)

BFldyq said:
Okay, if we're going on an adventure, we're taking Dita with us to Verzi. With luck, one of the nobles there might have been a witness, and if not, might be able to point us in the right direction. A nice, if a bit delayed, birthday present for Dita. ;)

The Verzi adventure seems the most Do-able anyway, because we can get info about the monster (yay Kat!) and we can probably get quite a few meatshield men around there for the battle, while the Howling Peak seems to be one where only Us and Dita (and us only if we get some Force up) could participate, which makes it much harder.

And, yes, the news about Vezri possibly means that we can use this travel to make Dita feel needed and responsible for making the place better, create an attachment for her to come back to Borjeria after her India adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back