• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Thea 2: The Shattering is free on GoG for the next 2 days.

It's a 4X, survival, RPG, card game type thing. I haven't played it, in case that isn't obvious.
As some one that played this and the prequel, I suggest that you either have friends or a wall/bag to punch. This game is heavy on RNG and is sadistic on difficulties above Easy.

The art selection is a bit on the basic side and the card fighting is repetitive. You will restart often simply due to your village floundering due to poor resource nodes. If you love that sort of evil rng and the repeated actions of a story going this is a great game for you.

Otherwise I recommend you to pass. 1 is much better to play and enjoy for someone wanting this type of play without the punishing DM.

This week Epic is giving away
X-Com 2

(remake, not TFTD)
The base game for the X-Com Reboot, X-Com 2 is available at Epic. It seems they are doing this as a loss leader for the expansions, which are not yet available on Epic but "coming soon" even though they have been on GoG and Steam for years.
I'm a bit miffed, I just got X-com 2 when it was on sale back in February from GoG as a birthday treat to myself, and now they are giving it away for free, even though Epic has online-only DRM.
It's a great game, people who like Jagged Alliance, Front Mission, Rainbow Six, Silent Storm, or the Battletech game will enjoy it. Again, no "War of the Chosen" or the DLC expansion packs, those cost extra.
[/URL]
Xcom2 official propaganda said:
XCOM® 2
Aliens rule Earth, but secretly hiding a sinister agenda. As the leader of a guerrilla force, you must ignite a global resistance to eliminate the alien threat and save the human race.

Genres

Features

XCOM® 2
XCOM 2 is the sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the 2012 award-winning strategy game of the year.
Earth has changed. Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces. XCOM, the planet's last line of defense, was left decimated and scattered. Now, in XCOM 2, the aliens rule Earth, building shining cities that promise a brilliant future for humanity on the surface, while concealing a sinister agenda and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.
Only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, a force gathers once again to stand up for humanity. Always on the run, and facing impossible odds, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to ignite a global resistance, and eliminate the alien threat once and for all.
XCOM ON THE RUN: Take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to XCOM's mobile headquarters. New open-ended gameplay lets you decide where to guide your strike team, how to grow popular support, and when to combat enemy counter-operations.
RECRUIT RESISTANCE FIGHTERS: Five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, let you create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.
TACTICAL GUERRILLA COMBAT: New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
A NEW BREED OF ENEMY: A diverse cast of enemies from powerful new alien species to the ADVENT, enforcers of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.
RESEARCH, DEVELOP AND UPGRADE: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your Scientists and Engineers to research, develop and upgrade weapons and armor to fit your preferred tactics.
EACH MISSION IS A UNIQUE CHALLENGE: Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. There are virtually infinite combinations of maps, missions and goals.
Use of this product requires agreement to the following third party end user license agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/

XCOM® 2 | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Base Game
XCOM® 2
Aliens rule Earth, but secretly hiding a sinister agenda. As the leader of a guerrilla force, you must ignite a global resistance to eliminate the alien threat and save the human race.

-100%

$59.99
Free

Sale ends 4/21/2022 at 10:00 AM

XCOM® 2 Collection Coming Soon - Epic Games Store

Edition
XCOM® 2 Collection
The XCOM 2 Collection includes XCOM 2, the War of the Chosen expansion, and 4 DLC packs (Resistance Warrior Pack, Anarchy's Children, Alien Hunters, Shen's Last Gift) for a bundled discount.

Sale ends 4/28/2022 at 10:00 AM

Add-Ons

XCOM® 2 Collection Upgrade - Epic Games Store

Add-On
XCOM® 2 Collection Upgrade
The XCOM 2 Collection Upgrade adds the War of the Chosen expansion and 4 DLC packs (Resistance Warrior Pack, Anarchy's Children, Alien Hunters, Shen's Last Gift) for a bundled discount.

-80%

$49.99
$9.99

Sale ends 4/28/2022 at 10:00 AM

Follow Us

Ratings

Eurogamer
by Christopher Bratt

Essential
"Punishing and precise, Firaxis has created one of the most demanding - and thrilling - strategy games ever."
Read Full Review

PC Gamer
by Tom Senior

94 / 100
"Exceptionally tough, rewarding strategy and a masterful reworking of the XCOM formula. We'll play this forever."
Read Full Review

Metro GameCentral
by David Jenkins

10 / 10
"A superb sequel that improves on every aspect of the already excellent originals, and offers one of the most absorbing and unpredictable strategy experiences ever seen."
Read Full Review

Reviews provided by OpenCritic

Specifications

Windows

Minimum
Recommended
OSWindows® 7, 64-bit
OSWindows® 7, 64-bit
ProcessorIntel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Processor2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better
Memory4 GB
Memory8 GB
Graphics1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
Graphics2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better
DirectXVersion 11

Storage45 GB
Storage45 GB
Sound CardDirectX compatible sound card
Sound CardDirectX compatible sound card

Logins
Requires Epic Games account

Languages Supported
  • Text: English, French, German, Spanish - Spain, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional
  • Audio: English, French, German, Spanish - Spain, Italian

Oh, they are also giving away "Insurmountable" but I haven't tried it yet.

A notch late and all....

But I figured I may as well shill/share my online keys I got from a Bundle from Humble Bundle awhile ago, but was twiddling to see if anyone else I knew deeply wanted these keys first. Suffice to say, it's been quite a grab bag bargain, to me. But well, figured I have keys/etc to give. So why not?

Would say the name of the bundle in full, but hey; Rule 8. That said, first dibs; no more than three keys per claim, for at least a three days waiting period/moderatum.

March 18 - Humble Bundle Spare Keys
112 Operator
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Drawful 2
Wandersong
Moon Hunters
PGA Tour 2K21
Amnesia: Rebirth
Lust for Darkness
Dagon: by H. P. Lovecraft - The Eldritch Box DLC
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Treasure Hunter Simulator