• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Gaming the Apocalypse - Resident Evil Chronicles

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Consciousness slowly returns to me. The usual disorientation of waking slowly fades away and I...
Chapter 1 - Silent Echoes of the Hive

Neoacoya1

Making the rounds.
Consciousness slowly returns to me. The usual disorientation of waking slowly fades away and I wonder why I'm lying on the floor.

Pushing my upper body from the floor, I notice that I'm surrounded by the still unconscious members of my team. Suddenly, it all comes flooding back.

A mass evacuation order had been issued. Thinking it was just another drill, we'd all started heading out with the usual complaints. That was when the doors were sealed and the fire suppression system activated. We all tried tell the system to stop, but nothing we did helped. The doors were too strong to breakdown. The halon just kept coming and coming and it wasn't long before we'd all passed out.

"Ha, I guess someone managed to override the system. Thank God; that was close."

Wearing a smile reserved for those that narrowly avoid death, I moved to my nearest co-worker to wake him. I shake his shoulder, but he doesn't respond. I'm not surprised; Rob had always been an incredibly deep sleeper. I shook my head ruefully; I'd probably need to dump a glass of water on him before I made any headway. "Rob, get your lazy ass up." Rolling my eyes, I started to pat his face.

I froze. That didn't feel right. I let my fingers rest on his cheek; his flesh was cold.

"No, no, no. Rob, you fucker, you can't be dead. This is just one of your annoying jokes, right? Yeah, of course it is. Though, it's in pretty bad taste considering what just happened."

No response.

"Damn it, Rob. The joke's over." Fine, I'll just prove he's alive and then he'll stop this game. I place my fingers on his neck searching for his pulse, carefully ignoring how cold he is since that doesn't mean anything. People get cold sometimes, right? No big deal.

I couldn't find a pulse. Rob was dead.

My breath started to quicken. I turned to my other team members. I checked each of them. All dead.

Susan, Tiffany, Rich, Marvin, and Rob; all dead. Why? Why? Why?

Why did I survive?

As if in answer to that very questions a light blue window appeared before my eyes.

Welcome Gamer! Your system has activated and is now available for use.
Tutorial begins.

No sooner had I finished reading the message did it vanish only to promptly be replaced by another.

You have been infected with the T-Virus. Normally, this would result in your death and reanimation; however, you have been able to adapt the T-Virus to your own biology. This had manifested as a Gamer system.

That window was replaced by yet another.

This is your Status page. You can summon this page by thinking "Status." As you can see, there are five stats which are: Strength, Perception, Endurance, Intelligence, Agility.

Another window popped up over the Status page explaining each stat.

Health Points (HP)
This is a measure of your lifeforce. If this is reduced to zero, you will die.
  • HP is a derived stat using the following formula: 10(STR + END)
Mental Points (MP)
This is a measure of mental ability. If this is reduced to zero, you will fall unconscious.
  • MP is a derived stat using the following formula: 10(PER + INT).
Strength (STR)
Affects melee damage, carry weight, and is used for checks requiring certain levels of muscular ability.
  • Do you even lift, bruh? You want to carry a bunch of weapons and kick down doors like a badass? Then you better not skip on the strength training.
Perception (PER)
Affects the keenness of one's senses and threat identification. Details will go unnoticed when Perception checks fail.
  • The world has gone to shit. You think the good stuff is going to be stored out in the open? If you want to find it, then you need to work on your situational awareness.
Endurance (END)
Governs your physical condition, recovery rate, and resistance to poisons/diseases.
  • You may have adapted to the T-Virus, but there are plenty of other threats out there and you'll need to stay alive long enough if you want to adapt.
Intelligence (INT)
Makes you a better planner and inventor. You'll be able to figure out more things for yourself without explicit instructions.
  • Sometimes an explosion is just what the doctor ordered, but you won't always have a Chemistry book on hand. With a little brain power, you'll be able to muddle your way through without the hand-holding; better study up.
Agility (AGI)
Responsible for your accuracy, speed, reflexes, and flexibility.
  • You're living in a survival-horror movie now so you should expect jump scares. If you don't want those scares to end with teeth in your throat, you should really work on that muscle memory.
Queue window change.

This is the Quest window. All objectives are documented here. Progress and hints about each objective are listed here. Rewards are dependent on objectives met and the difficulty of said objective. Here's your first quest:

NEW QUEST – Arm Yourself!
The entire Hive has been infected by the T-Virus. It's only a matter of time until the personnel are reanimated. You should probably find a weapon if you want to continue living.
  • Objective 1: Equip a weapon
  • Hidden Objective: ???
  • Success: Weapon, 10 EP
Putting aside the question of why me, I started looking for a weapon. A result of insanity of not, the system was right. If the T-Virus really had been released, then the Hive would soon be host to a horde of cannibalistic walking corpses.

He hadn't been involved in the T-Virus project, but it was an open secret and everyone knew what it could do. The biohazard procedures in place were so incredibly robust that the odds of the T-Virus being released due to an accident or malfunctions were next to impossible. No, this had been done on purpose. The only question was who had done it.

It probably comes as no surprise, but your typical office does not contain a plethora of weapons, particularly in a hyper secure facility; however, we DO have a paper guillotine. With a name like that, how could I not choose it. Walking over, I brace my foot against it and tear the arm off. It came off with surprising ease.

QUEST UPDATE – Arm Yourself!
Weapon "Guillotine Arm" obtained.
Auto-equipped.

QUEST COMPLETED - Arm Yourself!
The entire Hive has been infected by the T-Virus. It's only a matter of time until the personnel are reanimated. You should probably find a weapon if you want to continue living.
  • Objective: Equip a weapon
  • Reward: Guillotine Arm, 10 EP
  • Hidden Objective: Arm yourself before your former colleagues reanimate.
  • Hidden Reward: 10 EP

"What is EP?"

EP stands for Evolution Points. Evolution Points are used by the T-Virus to increase the host's abilities in a variety of ways. The Gamer can use the system to control how this evolution occurs. Evolution Points are slowly gained passively; however, generation will be greatly increased by engaging in activities that stress the host's body and/or mind.

Oh, I guess that's cool. As long as I don't turn into some kind of eldritch abomination. My concerns about being horribly mutated are interrupted by the sound of rustling.

NEW QUEST - Rest in Peace.
Your friends have passed on and the T-Virus is in control of the remaining vessels.
  • Objective: Kill the zombified remains of your friends.
  • Success: 100EP, Skill

Last edited:
Chapter 2 - Echoes of the Fallen
I could barely register the sight in front of me. My colleagues, my friends, transformed into grotesque versions of themselves. The realization hung heavy in my chest: the T-Virus was no myth. My grip on the Guillotine Arm tightened instinctively, the cold metal offering a fleeting moment of solace.

A familiar yet distant groan sounded from behind me. I turned to see Susan, her once sparkly eyes now lost behind a milky haze. Her movements were clumsy, her intent unmistakable. The pit in my stomach grew deeper. This was Susan, but not the one I remembered.

A shimmer at the edge of my vision heralded a Gamer prompt. But my mind was reeling, struggling to blend the horror of reality with the game mechanics. I readied myself, the Guillotine Arm suddenly feeling a lot heavier.

She lunged, but a surge of adrenaline kicked in. I sidestepped and, summoning all my strength, swung the Guillotine Arm. It connected. Susan fell.

One down. The number echoed in my mind.

Next was Tiffany. Her agility, something I'd admired during our morning jogs, was now a haunting challenge. It took every ounce of my reflexes to keep up. As I managed to neutralize her, Rich, Marvin, and Rob—each confrontation, a fresh stab of grief—closed in.

As I took a moment, trying to steady my trembling hands, the weight of what had just transpired threatened to crush me. I glanced around, realizing that the room, once filled with laughter and camaraderie, was now eerily silent except for the distant groans from beyond.

I approached Susan, her serene face belying the terror from moments before. The locket she never took off now seemed out of place on this lifeless form. Picking it up, a Gamer window materialized:

Item: Susan's Locket
Description: A testament to Susan's unwavering bond with her team.
Ability: Stronger Together
Power: Grants a 10 percent increase in strength for 10 minutes. Can be activated once a day.

I took a deep breath, trying to push back the tears. Gently placing the locket in my pocket, I moved to Tiffany. Her Ring of Remembrance caught the dim light. Slipping it off her finger, another Gamer prompt appeared:

Item: Tiffany's Ring of Remembrance
Description: A bond with her departed sister.
Ability: Detect Undead
Power: Reveals all undead within a one-mile radius for 10 minutes. Can be activated once a day.

Rich's rebellious streak, embodied by the pocketknife he defiantly carried, seemed so trivial now. As I pocketed it, a brief description appeared:

Item: Rich's Pocketknife
Description: Rich's cherished defiance of Hive's rules.
Ability: Never Disarmed
Power: Returns to the gamer's pocket, no matter where left. Can be activated once a day.

Marvin's wrist was adorned by a watch I had seen him check countless times, its compass guiding our past adventures. As I unstrapped it, the Gamer chimed in:

Item: Marvin's Compass Wristwatch
Description: Marvin's guiding light during challenging times.
Ability: True Path
Power: Points directly to the gamer's current objective for 10 minutes. Can be activated once a day.

Lastly, I found Rob's Lockpick Tools. A smile flashed across my face, remembering the countless times he'd used them for innocent mischief. Another Gamer prompt:

Item: Rob's Lockpick Tools
Description: Tools of mischief, always hidden up Rob's sleeve.
Ability: Mischief Never Waits
Power: Instantly pick any lock one tier below the gamer's skill level. Can be activated once a day.

The silence was almost suffocating now. I took one final look at my friends, their faces peaceful. I had to move on, but they would never be forgotten. The Gamer system's continuous whispers reminded me of the grim journey ahead, but now, I carried with me more than just tools—I had memories, bonds, and the indomitable spirit of camaraderie.

QUEST COMPLETED - Rest in Peace
Having laid your companions to rest, you feel a weight lifted. Your friends' tokens will ensure their continued support even through death.
  • Objective 1: Kill the zombified remains of your friends. (X)
  • Rewards: 100 EP, Melee Proficiency Skill
  • Hidden Objective: Pay your respects to your departed friends and collect a token from each to carry their spirits forward with you. (X)
  • Rewards: Susan's Locket, Tiffany's Ring of Remembrance, Rich's Pocketknife, Marvin's Compass Wristwatch, Rob's Lockpick Tools

As I absorbed the devastation surrounding me, the speakers in the room buzzed to life, emitting the soft, almost innocent voice of the Red Queen. "Mr. Jameson," she began with her eerily calm tone, "now that you've finished with your post-death rituals, we have pressing matters to attend to."

A surge of anger welled up within me, momentarily consuming my thoughts. This AI had orchestrated the death of my friends. "You're the reason they're gone," I blurted, anger evident in my voice.

"Your friends were already infected with the T-Virus. They were, in essence, already dead," the Red Queen replied with cool logic. "By triggering the containment measures when I did, I potentially spared them extended suffering. Their subsequent reanimation is proof of their prior condition."

I was taken aback by her response. Her rationale, though disturbing, was sound. However, I sensed that this statement, while true, was strategically designed to facilitate cooperation. Taking a deep breath, I forced logic to overtake emotion. "What do you want to discuss?" I managed, keeping my voice steady.

"The Umbrella corporation has detected my defense measures. They will dispatch a Security Team. Expected arrival: five hours," she informed.

The realization of being trapped with thousands of reanimated employees loomed large. The sheer magnitude of the Hive made it clear that eliminating every threat was unrealistic. However, before I could voice this, the Red Queen interjected, "While clearing the entire Hive is not feasible, we must secure critical sectors. Doing so will divert the Security Team's immediate attention away from you."

A chill ran down my spine. "And if we don't?" I probed.

"The consequences would be... unfavorable," she stated, a hint of menace in her words.

Seeing no better option, I responded, "Fine, Red Queen. We'll cooperate."

Her voice revealed a modicum of satisfaction. "Good. I will provide you with real-time data and temporary access to vital security subsystems."

A notification from the Gamer system appeared before me:

NEW QUEST CHAIN – Unlikely Allies
You've forged an uneasy alliance with the Red Queen. Work with the Red Queen to survive the impending threat of the Security Team and the undead.
  • Objective 1: Collaborate with the Red Queen to secure vital Hive zones.
  • Success: 10,000 EP and a formidable weapon.

Though the seeds of distrust were still rooted deep, I recognized the importance of this tentative alliance in the looming darkness of the Hive.​

Last edited:
Chapter 3 - Echoes of the Hive
With our unlikely alliance now in place, the Red Queen quickly equipped me with the tools necessary for survival: access to the Hive's security systems, a map highlighting infected zones, and surveillance feeds. The depth of her dominion over the Hive was evident.

"Your initial step, Mr. Jameson, is the immediate vicinity of this room. Several infected personnel pose a threat. Arm yourself."

I nodded, apprehensively summoning the Gamer system's interface, and as if in response to the situation and the Red Queen's directive:

NEW QUEST – Clearing the Hall​
Infected threats lurk nearby. Secure the area to ensure safe access to the next critical zone.​
  • Objective: Eliminate the immediate infected threats.​
  • Progress: 0/20 Infected Eliminated​
  • Reward: 500 EP​

Before venturing out, I quickly reviewed my only skill, "Novice Melee Proficiency – Level 1." It promised enhanced effectiveness with melee weapons – perfect for my current armament.

Novice Melee Proficiency - Level 1
The user is gaining an understanding of melee combat through initial experiences.
  • Level 1: Increases melee attack accuracy by 5%.

My stats portrayed me as an everyman, a far cry from any action hero:

Strength (STR): 7​
Perception (PER): 12​
Endurance (END): 10​
Intelligence (INT): 12​
Agility (AGI): 7​

Yet, these weren't constraints but baselines to grow from. The past had its place, but it was the future I was fighting for.

The Guillotine Arm beckoned from its resting spot. A primitive tool, yet in these dire times, a lethal one. Holding it brought a tinge of confidence.

Advancing cautiously into the hallway, heightened senses caught the distant groans of the infected.

Their proximity wasn't lost on me. As the first grotesque group came into view, I steeled myself and brandished the Guillotine Arm, each swing testament not just to my newfound skill but my will to survive.

Infected threats lurk nearby. Secure the area to ensure safe access to the next critical zone.​
  • Progress: 1/20 Infected Eliminated​

One down, many more to go. I continued my grim work, dispatching the infected with calculated strikes. Each swing of the Guillotine Arm was precise, a testament to my determination and my steadily increasing proficiency.

SKILL UPDATE: Melee Proficiency (Lv. 2)​

With each confrontation, I felt more in sync with my tool of choice. Minutes felt like hours, each moment a battle of wit and reflex. The Guillotine Arm danced, my determination its guide.

The underlying question still loomed: Who was behind the T-Virus release? Though paramount, survival took precedence for the moment.

• Progress: 15/20 Infected Eliminated​

The infected, though relentless, dwindled with my efforts. With the last threat neutralized, I took a brief moment of respite, aware of the looming challenges.

QUEST COMPLETED – Clearing the Hall​
  • Objective: Eliminate the immediate infected threats. (X)​
SKILL UPDATE: Melee Proficiency (Lv. 3)​

It was imperative to regroup with the Red Queen. Together, we'd uncover the larger machinations at play within the Hive. Our alliance remained tenuous but vital.

"Mr. Jameson, you've managed to clear the immediate vicinity," the Red Queen observed, her voice steady but with a subtle hint of surprise. "A commendable effort."

The Red Queen's voice held a hint of urgency. "Time is of the essence, Mr. Jameson."

The toll of the situation was hitting hard. "I could use a moment's respite. This isn't exactly in my job description."

A digital pause, followed by her response, "Understood. However, remember time is not on our side. A prolonged break could prove... problematic."

Leaning against the cold, sterile metal wall of the Hive, my makeshift weapon bore the marks of my recent skirmishes. How did I end up in this dire scenario?

Pondering my situation, a thought crossed my mind. "This facility had security. There has to be an armory."

"There is," the Red Queen confirmed, a hint of dryness in her tone. "Had you proceeded without this... detour, you might have been en route."

Pushing myself upright, my resolve strengthened, "Then let's not waste any more time. Direct me."

NEW QUEST - Armory Expedition​
In a place built for order now ruled by chaos, the armory may be the key to evening the odds.​
  • Objective 1: Clear the path to the Hive's armory.​
  • Objective 2: Access the armory and secure suitable equipment.​
  • Progress: 0/10 Infected Eliminated, 0/1 Armory Accessed​
  • Reward: 750 EP​
The Red Queen's guidance, paired with her sporadic dry remarks, provided an odd comfort.

The Red Queen's voice chimed in, her tone as even as ever. "There's a group of infected approaching your location. I suggest a strategy, Mr. Jameson."

Narrowing my eyes, I quickly assessed the environment. "I'm all ears, Red Queen."

"Use the narrow passage to your left. It will funnel them, limiting their numbers."

Following her advice, I positioned myself strategically. As the first infected came into view, I swung the Guillotine Arm with deadly precision. One by one, they fell, but the battle was exhausting.

Quest Update: Armory Expedition​
In a place built for order now ruled by chaos, the armory may be the key to evening the odds.​
  • Progress: 5/10 Infected Eliminated, 0/1 Armory Accessed​

"Halfway there," I muttered to myself.

A pause from the Red Queen. Instead of a direct response, she noted the odd precision of Jameson's count.

The path ahead seemed clearer until I approached the armory's thick reinforced door. As it slid open, infected security personnel lunged forward. These weren't ordinary Hive employees but trained security officers. Their movements were more deliberate, their attacks coordinated.

I took a deep breath and charged in, dodging a strike from one and parrying another's lunge. Using the Guillotine Arm, I kept them at bay, relying on my recently acquired melee skills. It was a fierce ballet of swings, ducks, and counter-attacks.

Finally, after what felt like hours, the room was clear.

Quest Completed: Armory Expedition​
You've successfully cleared the armory and gained access. Arm up, cowboy.​
  • Progress: 10/10 Infected Eliminated, 1/1 Armory Accessed​
Skill Update: Melee Proficiency (Lv. 4)​

Once the room was cleared, I turned my attention to the armory's contents: firearms, ammunition, protective gear, and melee weapons. Not experienced with guns, I opted for a pump-action shotgun and a handgun as a backup. Each had its own tactical advantage.

Primary Ranged Weapon: Remington 870​
A 12-gauge pump-action shotgun, optimized for close-quarters with its 18-inch barrel. Holds 4 to 6 shells, its action sound is unmistakably intimidating.​
  • Damage: 40-60 (close range), 20-40 (mid range), 5-20 (long range)​

Secondary Ranged Weapon: Beretta 92FS​
A reliable 9mm semi-automatic pistol with a 15-round magazine. Its open-slide design aids in faster cartridge ejection.​
  • Damage: 20-30 (close range), 15-25 (mid range), 10-20 (long range)​

Next, I turned to the melee weapons. There was a variety of choices: a retractable baton and a sturdy combat knife. They would come in handy in close-quarters combat where firearms might not be as effective.

Primary Melee Weapon: Extendable Baton​
A compact steel device. With a flick, it extends, becoming a fast and formidable melee weapon.​
  • Damage: 8-12​

Secondary Melee Weapon: M9 Bayonet Combat Knife​
A 7-inch high carbon stainless steel blade. One side is serrated, the other sharp, making it versatile for close combat and utility tasks.​
  • Damage: 12-18​

Finally, I picked up a set of lightweight riot gear. The black armor bore the unmistakable Umbrella logo and was designed to protect my chest, back, and limbs; there's even a pair of boots. It felt reassuringly sturdy yet didn't hinder my mobility.

As I donned the armor, the Gamer System chimed in:

Head Armor: Umbrella Corp. Riot Helmet​
A sturdy helmet with a clear visor. Ensures protection while maximizing visibility. Branded with the red Umbrella Corp. logo.​
  • Defense: +10​
  • Passive Skill: Clear Vision - Visor reduces blinding effects by 50%.​
Torso Armor: Umbrella Corp. Riot Chest Protector​
Designed to protect against bites, this sleek piece offers a balance between flexibility and defense.​
  • Defense: +20​
  • Passive Skill: Vital Guard - Reduces the chance of receiving critical damage by 15%.​
Forearm Armor: Umbrella Corp. Riot Forearm Guards​
Secured with adjustable straps, these guards offer protection against bites and scratches.​
  • Passive Skill: Block Master - Increases block efficiency by 10%.​

Hand Armor: Reinforced Riot Gloves​
Durable gloves with fortified knuckles and a non-slip grip for weapon handling.​
  • Defense: +5​
  • Passive Skill: Firm Grip - Increases melee weapon stability and reduces the chance of being disarmed.​
Leg Armor: Umbrella Corp. Riot Shin Guards​
Protects against low lunges and bites, consistent with the rest of the armor set.​
  • Passive Skill: Swift Step - Reduces movement speed penalties from injuries by 10%.​
Foot Armor: Umbrella Corp. Tactical Boots​
High-top, reinforced boots with an anti-slip sole for hazardous environments.​
  • Defense: +5​
  • Passive Skill: Sturdy Step - Improves balance and footing, reducing the chance of being knocked down or tripped. Increases sprint speed by 10%.​

Umbrella Corp. Riot Armor Set Bonus (6/6):
Umbrella's Shield: Increases overall armor defense by 10%. Reduces damage taken from infected by 5%.​

"You're better equipped now, Mr. Jameson," the Red Queen's voice broke my momentary relief. "But always remember: caution is key."

With my new gear, and a deep breath to steady myself, I stepped back into the corridors of the Hive, ready to confront its next challenge.

Chapter 4 - Echoes of Evolution
The Armory was cold, its steel and concrete surfaces holding an eerie chill despite the chaos outside. Rows of firearms and stacked ammunition crates served as an austere backdrop to Jameson's introspection. Fluorescent lights overhead cast sterile illumination, reflecting off the glass cases of specialized weaponry.

Standing amidst this arsenal, Jameson felt the weight of his Evolution Points, a latent power derived from the T-Virus's interaction with his unique genetic code. He pondered how best to channel this potential, each stat representing a path to survival, a potential edge in the relentless horror of his circumstances.

"Strength is a force multiplier," he contemplated, "but is it essential now?"

Guns, bullets, the distant roars of infected - these thoughts informed his decision-making.

Perception, while valuable, was overshadowed by the near-omniscient presence of the Red Queen in his journey.

Endurance beckoned him the most, like a siren's call amidst a stormy sea. The trials he had already endured, the challenges he knew lay ahead; all screamed for a body that could withstand more, recover faster, endure longer. He poured his points into this.

Agility was next. Every enhanced reflex, each minute increase in speed could be the difference between life and death.

And with his remaining points, a touch more Strength – the raw, primal allure of it was hard to resist.

As he made his choices, his body revolted. It was as if every cell was aflame, a transformative fire coursing through him, reshaping, redefining. Muscles spasmed, bones ached as if they were stretching, and his very nerves felt like they were being rewired. The sensation was a paradox of agony and elation.

Crumpling to his knees amidst the cold steel and concrete, he clung to a stack of ammo crates, every breath drawn like a dying gasp.

The ethereal voice of the Red Queen punctured the haze of his pain, "...Remarkable. Your body's response to the T-Virus is... unprecedented. Instead of annihilation, it seeks adaptation. Evolution."

Gritting his teeth, sweat dripping from his brow, he tried to find his voice. But the immense strain rendered him momentarily mute.

"Most humans, when infected, succumb to its destructive power. Yet in you, it's reverting to its original intent — as a regenerative, healing force," the Red Queen observed, voice tinged with a mixture of fascination and clinical detachment. "The T-Virus, in its inception, was meant for medical marvels, reviving dead cells, fighting off degeneration. The destructive mutations were unintended consequences."

Eyes clenched shut, Jameson's mind raced, seeking an anchor amidst this physiological storm. "Hold on," he silently urged himself, "Endure."

As the most intense waves of pain began to ebb, Jameson slowly pushed himself upright. He was still in the Armory, still in the midst of a nightmare, but he was undeniably stronger, faster, more resilient.
Drawing a shuddering breath, he finally spoke, voice hoarse, "Red Queen, guide me."

he Red Queen's voice, cold and methodical, responded, "Two critical areas within close proximity require security: a former office space and the lab.

Additionally, you must cross through the cafeteria — stay alert. Eliminate the infected and ensure the safety of any valuable research or assets."

[Quest Issued: Secure Critical Areas]
The Red Queen wants you to secure some areas that contain critical research. You don't really think it's a priority, but it's probably a bad idea to let zombies spread it all around willy-nilly.​
  • Objective 1: Secure the office area.​
  • Objective 2: Pass through the cafeteria.​
  • Objective 3: Secure the datacenter.​
  • Reward: ???, 500 EP​

Jameson nodded to himself, mentally preparing for the task at hand.

The corridor ahead was dim, its overhead lights emitting a faint, stuttering glow that painted an eerie atmosphere on the scene below. From what he could decipher, it seemed to be the remnants of an office or workstation. There were overturned chairs, desks askew with personal belongings strewn about, and the flickering light of shattered computer screens casting ghostly reflections. Papers, some stained with unknown substances, fluttered in the soft breeze created by the facility's ventilation system. Each shadow and subtle movement suggested evidence of a hasty evacuation or perhaps a chaotic struggle.

As Jameson moved cautiously, his footsteps muffled by the thick carpet, he tried to picture the people who once worked here. Were they still in the facility, roaming as one of the infected? The hum of the ventilation and his own heartbeat seemed almost deafening in the silence.

Suddenly, that stillness was shattered. Four figures detached themselves from the darker recesses of the corridor. Their eyes were vacant, their movements disjointed, yet determined. The infected. They shuffled amidst the office detritus, oblivious to the memories they trampled underfoot.

Instinctively, Jameson drew his firearm. Its weight felt reassuring in his grasp. With a steady breath, he aimed and squeezed the trigger. The resultant bang echoed sharply, but the bullet did nothing more than graze a zombie's shoulder. A rookie mistake, he chastised himself.

The gunshot acted as a beacon, the zombies turning their full attention to him. Not waiting, he took another shot, feeling a rush of relief as one infected crumpled, its forehead marred by the entry wound.

[Headshot! +20 EP]

But there wasn't time to celebrate. The other three were upon him, driven by a hunger that seemed to amplify their speed. With no room to aim his gun properly, Jameson swiftly stowed it and readied his baton. He swung it wide, connecting with one of the infected, feeling the satisfying thud of impact. But as he did, another lunged, catching him off guard. Sharp, ragged teeth sank into his upper arm, tearing through fabric and into flesh.

Pain seared through him. "Damn it!" he spat, adrenaline and fear sharpening his reflexes. He shoved the creature away, landing a brutal blow to its head with the baton, watching as it staggered backward before collapsing.

[-20 HP. Current HP: 170/190]

Using the momentum, he quickly dispatched the remaining two, panting heavily once it was over. The scent of decay and iron-filled blood filled the air, a grim testament to his fight.

Dropping to one knee, he inspected the bite, his mind racing. "Is this it? Am I going to turn?"

From the recesses of the computer network, the Red Queen's voice emerged, detached as ever. "Do not be overly concerned. The strain within you has already adapted. Further mutations from this bite are highly improbable."

Nodding to himself, he took a deep breath, the weight of the challenge still ahead pressing down on him.

[Total EP Gained: 50. Current EP: 161]

"Guide me, Red Queen," he murmured, steeling himself as he moved deeper into the unknown.

With the initial encounter behind him, Jameson pressed on. The corridor opened up into a larger hallway lined with what looked like meeting rooms. Each glass-walled room held a different tableau of the disaster. In one, a whiteboard still displayed scribbles of a last-minute meeting. In another, a long-dead potted plant stood as a silent testament to time's passage.

His footsteps echoed in the silent expanse, the sound unnervingly loud in the stillness. The cool air of the facility felt sterile, yet the weight of the unseen and known horrors tainted it. Occasionally, he'd pass a security camera, the red light indicating the ever-watchful eye of the Red Queen upon him. Her presence was simultaneously reassuring and unsettling.

"Stay on your guard," the Red Queen's voice whispered in his ear, its ethereal quality cutting through the silence.

The hallway soon expanded into a vast cafeteria area. Stale odors of long-forgotten meals intermingled with the more pungent scent of decay. Abandoned trays, overturned chairs, and remnants of chaotic evacuations painted a grim picture. It was eerie, like a photograph frozen in the midst of turmoil.

Suddenly, soft, disturbing murmurs filled the air. Positioned near a food counter, three zombies appeared, ensnared in a nightmarish replay of a once normal activity. With barely a heartbeat to react, Jameson lifted his shotgun. Understanding the weapon's spread, he took aim and fired once, the powerful blast catching all three infected.

[Triple Headshot! +60 EP]

The sudden deafening roar of the shotgun echoed through the room, and as the dust settled, all three bodies lay motionless on the ground. But victory was short-lived. Out of a side kitchen entrance, another infected lunged. Without time for a clear shot, Jameson quickly switched to his knife, dispatching the creature in a swift motion.

[+10 EP]

"You really ought to warn me about these things," he said, a touch of exasperation in his voice.

The Red Queen replied, her tone icily calm, "Contrary to your belief, I don't have every corner under constant surveillance."

Jameson grunted, realizing the truth of her words. But every moment was a lesson, and he was adapting, evolving, just as the virus within him had.

Having calmed down, both from exertion and the adrenaline coursing through him. He took a moment to reorient himself, listening carefully for any other surprises.

Catching his breath, Jameson glanced around. "Is this the research location?"

A brief pause, then the Red Queen responded, her voice tinged with a cold, mechanical amusement, "Yes, because mankind's survival depends on half-eaten sandwiches and cold coffee. No, Mr. Jameson, you need to press on."

As Jameson checked the ammo in his shotgun, he realized his shots were becoming more precise, more lethal. The experience from these confrontations was refining his aim, teaching him the nuances of firearm combat.

Novice Firearm Proficiency – Level 1
The user begins their journey in mastering firearms, learning the basics of aiming, reloading, and maintaining guns.​
  • Level 1: Increases firearm accuracy by 5%.​

This skill not only made him more effective with guns, but it also reflected the knowledge he had acquired: where to aim for maximum effect, how to manage recoil, and when to squeeze the trigger for optimal shot placement.

Taking a moment to appreciate the unexpected levity and his newfound skill, Jameson ventured deeper into the Hive, every step echoing with purpose.

[Total EP Gained: 70. Current EP: 231]

He pressed on, keenly aware that every step taken was a step into the unpredictable, where danger lurked in every shadow.

Jameson's path led him through another desolate corridor, its walls marked by deep claw gashes and splatters of dried blood. Faintly glowing emergency lights lined the pathway, casting eerie shadows on the cold floor. The silence was profound, broken only by the distant hum of machinery.

The entrance to a high-tech data center beckoned. The room was vast, dominated by towering servers and mainframes. Their blinking lights created a ghostly spectacle, reminiscent of a cybernetic graveyard. The Hive's immense databanks were housed here. The critical research must be amongst these servers.

Yet, this technological marvel wasn't deserted.

He spotted three zombies meandering amidst the servers. One, however, was slightly isolated from the others. Recognizing an opportunity, Jameson quickly and quietly approached this solitary figure from behind. Before it could react, he delivered a swift and lethal headshot.

[Stealth Kill! Headshot! +40 EP]

But as he shifted his focus to the other two, a sudden grip on his arm startled him. A fourth zombie had managed to sneak up on him. Reacting instinctively, Jameson drew his knife and thrust it into the creature's temple.

The remaining two, having been alerted by the brief struggle, started advancing towards him. Gun in one hand and baton in the other, he chose the more immediate threat and cracked his baton against the skull of the nearest zombie. The first blow dazed it, and the second brought it down.

The final creature lunged with outstretched arms, its grotesque face inches from Jameson's. But he was ready. With a swift pivot, he sidestepped the attack, following up with a forceful baton strike to its head, rendering it motionless.

[+30 EP for the remaining kills. Current EP: 301]

Catching his breath, Jameson addressed the AI. "Red Queen, is this area secure?"

"For the moment, yes," the AI replied in its cold tone.

Chapter 5 - In Shadows and Light
Navigating through the myriad of flashing server LEDs and the hum of data exchanges, Jameson's attention was unwittingly drawn to an unexpected aberration amidst the digital synchrony: a gentle gleam that stood apart from the green and red constancy.

A vial of luminous blue liquid was on the floor near the hand of one of the zombies I had just finished off. It was dressed differently from the rest. The name badge suggested this was a high-level researcher.

Approaching the body, Jameson spotted a glint of blue near its hand. Retrieving the item, he found himself holding a vial filled with a luminous blue liquid. The label on the vial read: "Blue CIV - Experimental."

Holding the vial up to the light, Jameson asked, "Red Queen, what is this?"

The AI's voice, ever cold and distant, responded, "That is a variant of the T-Virus, Mr. Jameson. It's an experimental compound designed to modify the original strain, potentially enhancing certain physical and cognitive functions."

Jameson squinted at the vial, trying to understand its implications. "And if I took it?"

"Considering your unique physiological condition due to the T-Virus, the effects could be potentiated. Enhanced strength, agility, perhaps heightened senses... or it might do nothing at all. It's untested on humans," the Red Queen elaborated.

Item Acquired: Blue Cerebral Injection Vial (CIV)
A vial containing a modified T-Virus strain. The luminous blue liquid inside has the potential to modify and possibly enhance the effects of the original T-Virus.​
  • Effect: Raises the level of the chosen skill by 1.​

Clarity now in his grasp about the vial's power, Jameson carefully tucked it away, believing there would be a more opportune moment to harness its potential.

[Quest Issued: Secure Critical Areas]
The Red Queen wants you to secure some areas that contain critical research. You don't really think it's a priority, but it's probably a bad idea to let zombies spread it all around willy-nilly.​
  • Objective 1: Secure the office area.​
  • Objective 2: Pass through the cafeteria.​
  • Objective 3: Secure the datacenter.​
  • Reward: Blue CIV, 500 EP​
[Current EP: 801]

With the luminous Blue CIV vial securely tucked away, Jameson moved cautiously through the datacenter. The hum of machinery seemed louder in the quiet, reminding him of the technological behemoth that powered the Hive.

"Jameson," the Red Queen's tone interrupted his focus. "Several critical areas in the Hive are densely populated with the infected."

He exhaled, rubbing his temples, "How many are we talking?"

"In certain sections, group sizes range from twenty to thirty. The largest concentration is near the research labs, approaching a hundred," she informed him, her voice devoid of emotion.

Jameson swallowed hard. "One step at a time then. Where first?"

"The living quarters. Many of the infected seem to have congregated in the communal areas," the Red Queen replied.

Taking a deep breath, Jameson nodded to himself, "Alright. Point the way."

The Red Queen activated a display on a nearby screen, showing him the quickest route. "It is imperative to act with speed and caution."

Quest: Clear the Living Quarters
Thirty zombies are making a mockery of this room's title. Teach them a lesson.​
  • Objective 1: Use the Red Queen's route to reach the living quarters.​
  • Objective 2: Use stealth, strategy, or brute force to clear them out.​
  • Objective 3: Ensure all threats are room, including private rooms, are cleared.​
  • Objective 4: Report back to the Red Queen with the status.
    Progress: 0/30​
  • Reward: 1,000 EP​

With the weight of the task on his shoulders, Jameson acknowledged, "Understood." He made his way toward the living quarters. Drawing his combat knife, Jameson moved cautiously through the hallway. Though he wasn't trained for combat situations, the need to survive sharpened his senses and reflexes. He focused on staying quiet, avoiding any sudden movements, and keeping an eye out for any threats.

Drawing his combat knife, Jameson crept forward, careful to minimize any noise. He recalled those late-night zombie movies he watched, chuckling to himself about how life had taken such an unexpected turn.

He approached a slightly ajar door, light seeping through the cracks. Pushing it open gently, he saw three infected individuals aimlessly wandering around. Without hesitation, Jameson lunged at the nearest one, his knife finding its mark (+10 EP).

Total EP: 811​

Using the door as a temporary barrier, he managed to take down the other two, methodically and quietly (+20 EP).

Total EP: 831​

Catching his breath, he whispered to himself, "Three down, twenty-seven to go."

Navigating through the dimly lit corridors, he stumbled upon the kitchenette, now in disarray. Food packets lay scattered, and water dripped from a faulty faucet. In the middle of the chaos, a group of zombies munched on... something. Jameson shuddered at the thought.

Jameson pulled the shoelaces from the shoes of the fallen zombies, constructing makeshift trip wires between doorways. He established choke points, ensuring he could control the flow of the undead.

Taking a moment to check his weapons, he found solace in the weight of his pistol, the cool metallic feel of the shotgun, the utility of his extendable baton, and the sharp edge of his knife.

To draw the zombies, Jameson banged his baton against the wall. The echo seemed to linger in the silent quarters before being gradually replaced by the shuffling and groaning of the approaching horde.

The air grew thick with tension, and Jameson could feel his heart racing, each beat echoing his rising anxiety.

A lone zombie rounded the corner, its dead eyes locking onto him. Keeping his aim steady despite his nerves, Jameson landed a clean headshot with his pistol (+20 EP). He counted the shots, reminding himself he had a limited supply.

More began to emerge, their silhouettes darkening the corridor. As they neared the trip wire, Jameson fired thrice in quick succession, dropping three zombies. Their momentum carried them forward, causing them to tumble over the wire. Combo kill (+42 EP).

The thudding of fallen bodies and the echo of gunfire acted as a magnet for more. Jameson retreated to his second trip wire and took a deep breath. Switching to his shotgun for its stopping power, he shot into the group, taking down two instantly. A third zombie stumbled into another's path, and using the chaos, Jameson used the baton, its tip crashing against a zombie's skull, rendering it motionless.

As the next wave came, one broke ahead of the pack and surprisingly made it past the wire, forcing Jameson to sidestep and use his knife, plunging it deep into the zombie's temple. But this maneuver cost him time. Two zombies got dangerously close, tripping over the wire, giving him just the momentary reprieve he needed. Taking advantage of their fallen state, he crushed one's head with his baton and shot the other.

He continued the dance of death, fluidly transitioning between his weapons, making each shot count. As the last of the trip wires was in play, he felt the beginnings of exhaustion creep into his muscles. Still, he persisted, keeping the zombies at bay, shooting, bludgeoning, and occasionally stabbing when they got too close.

Minutes felt like hours, but eventually, the groans of the undead were replaced by an eerie silence.

Starting EP Pool
831​
Melee Kills
20 zombie kills = 200 EP​
--------------------------------​
Melee Total EP = 200 EP​
Ranged Kills
1 zombie headshot = 20 EP​
3 zombies headshot = 60 EP + 40% combo bonus = 84 EP​
2 zombie headshot = 40 EP + 30% combo bonus = 48 EP​
1 zombie headshot = 20 EP​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Ranged Total EP = 172​
Kill Total
372 EP​
Survival Bonuses:
Strategic Traps: +30%​
Ammo Conservation: +20%​
No Damage: +20%​
--------------------------------------​
Total Bonus = +70%​
Kill Total w/Bonuses = 632 EP​
Finishing EP Pool = 1,463​

Gasping for breath and wiping sweat from his brow, Jameson whispered to himself, "One room at a time, one step at a time."
He radioed in, "Red Queen, the living quarters are now secure."

Quest Completed: Clear the Living Quarters
Thirty zombies are making a mockery of this room's title. Teach them a lesson.​
  • Objective 1: Use the Red Queen's route to reach the living quarters. (X)​
  • Objective 2: Use stealth, strategy, or brute force to clear them out. (X)​
  • Objective 3: Ensure all threats are room, including private rooms, are cleared. (X)​
  • Objective 4: Report back to the Red Queen with the status. (X)
    Progress: 30/30​
  • Reward: 1,000 EP​

There was a slight pause before the AI replied, "Very efficient, Mr. Jameson. Proceed to the research labs next. It's crucial that we secure the sensitive data there."

Total EP Pool = 2,463

Jameson nodded, steeling himself for the next challenge. "Alright, on my way."

Quest: Purge the Research Labs
The brilliant minds that once toiled here have now been consumed by a mindless hunger. Return peace to this hub of scientific discovery.​
  • Objective 1: Access the high-security labs using the Red Queen's authorization.​
  • Objective 2: Eliminate all threats, ensuring no infected remain hidden.​
  • Objective 3: Report back to the Red Queen with status of the labs.​
  • Hidden Objective: ???​
  • Progress: 0/100​
  • Reward: 5,000 EP​

As he made his way towards the labs, he passed through a series of high-security doors, each requiring a biometric scan. Normally, he wouldn't have access to these areas. He could only assume the Red Queen had added him to whatever access list needed. With each passing door, he felt the gravity of the Hive's secrets pressing on him. The research labs would hold the key to unraveling the mysteries of the T-Virus and perhaps even a way out.

Pushing through a final security door, Jameson stepped into the research labs, and the scene that met his gaze was macabre. Rows upon rows of experimentation chambers, previously pristine, now lay in ruin, doused in crimson and littered with overturned tables and shattered equipment. It was clear the staff hadn't stood a chance.

Distracted, Jameson didn't notice the infected scientist crawling out from beneath a table. A snap of teeth near his ankle was his only warning. He stumbled back, kicking it away in the nick of time, its mouth still snapping hungrily. He regained his balance and delivered a swift blow to its head with his extendable baton.

But that was just the beginning.

From deeper in the lab, they began to emerge - the remnants of the brightest minds who had once worked here. Their intelligence and humanity had been stripped away, leaving only hunger. Jameson's instincts took over as he backed away, attempting to gauge their numbers: at least two dozen, possibly more.

He unloaded two shotgun blasts, taking down three zombies. But they were too many, and he was quickly overwhelmed. He could feel hands grabbing, claws scraping, and mouths snapping at every direction. Every blow he delivered was met with an agonizingly slow recoil, the creatures seeming to feel no pain.

His pistol barked loudly, another three zombies falling with clean headshots, but his ammo was running low. In an act of sheer desperation, he flung a heavy microscope from a nearby table into the crowd, momentarily creating a gap. He plunged into the melee with his knife, every thrust finding its mark, though he felt more than once the teeth of the undead graze his skin, narrowly missing a fatal bite.

A powerful jolt to his side sent him crashing into a console, the impact jarring and disorienting. One of the zombies, bulkier and more aggressive than the rest, had lunged at him. It pinned him down, snapping its jaws close to his face. The acrid smell of decay overwhelmed him. With all the strength he could muster, Jameson rammed the blade into its eye, using the brief respite to scramble away.

Noting his desperate situation, Jameson spotted an emergency gas valve on the wall, its bright red handle beckoning. He knew it was a risk, but he had no other option. Swiftly, he turned it, releasing a torrent of freezing CO2 into the room. The zombies, already slow, became even more lethargic, their movements slowing further under the extreme cold.

However, the effect wasn't isolated to the zombies. Jameson felt the cold biting at his lungs, every breath stinging and labored. His vision started to blur from the CO2, and he could feel a headache forming.

Using the dense fog as cover and fighting the effects of the cold on his own body, Jameson launched a final frenzied assault, his baton and knife dancing in tandem. The air filled with sounds of snapping bones and the soft thud of lifeless bodies falling.

Starting EP Pool
2,463 EP​
Melee Kills
12 zombie kills = 120 + 30% environment kill + 100% combo bonus = 276 EP​
10 zombie kills = 100 + 30% environment kill + 100% combo bonus = 230 EP​
5 zombie kills = 50 + 30% environment kill + 100% combo bonus = 115 EP​
10 zombie kills = 100 + 100% combo bonus = 200 EP​
3 zombie kills = 30 + 40% combo bonus = 42 EP​
38 zombie kills = 380 EP​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Melee Total EP = 1,243​
Ranged Kills
4 zombies headshot = 80 + 100% combo bonus = 160 EP​
3 zombies headshot = 60 + 40% combo bonus = 84 EP​
3 zombies headshot = 60 + 40% combo bonus = 84 EP​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Ranged Total EP = 808 EP​
Kill Total EP
2,051​
Survival Bonuses:
Unbowed: +10%​
Darwin Award: -10%​
----------------------------​
Total Bonus = 0%​
Kill Total EP w/Bonuses = 2,051
Finishing Total EP = 4,514​

When the mist cleared, Jameson leaned heavily against a table, panting painfully.

Quest: Purge the Research Labs
The brilliant minds that once toiled here have now been consumed by a mindless hunger. Return peace to this hub of scientific discovery.​
  • Objective 1: Access the high-security labs using the Red Queen's authorization. (X)​
  • Objective 2: Eliminate all threats, ensuring no infected remains hidden. (X)​
  • Objective 3: Report back to the Red Queen with status of the labs. (X)​
  • Hidden Objective: Complete quest with more than 50% HP remaining. (Failed)​
  • Progress: 100/100​
  • Reward: 5,000 EP​

Amidst the fallen creatures, he tried to calm his racing heart and stinging lungs.

EP Pool: 9,514 EP​

His clothing was torn, his body ached in a dozen places, and he was drenched in a mixture of sweat and dark ichor. But he was alive, but for how much longer he couldn't say.

Jameson's once tidy appearance now bore witness to the harrowing nightmare he'd just escaped. Beneath the tatters of his clothing, a canvas of raw wounds and livid bruises sprawled across his skin, each telling its own brutal story of survival. The worst was a gaping bite on his calf, with ragged, torn flesh revealing glimpses of the bone beneath. Every step sent bolts of searing pain through his body, making his limp more pronounced.

Blood flowed freely from multiple wounds. His right arm bore deep, jagged scratches, evidence of a zombie's desperate attempt to pull him close. Another bite, almost symmetrical in in viciousness, punctured the left side of his neck, dangerously close to his carotid artery. Each beat of his heart caused it to spurt rhythmically, staining the pristine floors of the Hive with a trail of his life essence.

A long gash down his chest wept crimson, painting a morbid streak down to his waist. His left ear was half-torn, dangling precariously, and dried blood matted the side of his face. His once clear eyes were now clouded with pain, the whites tinged with broken blood vessels, while his lips bore deep cuts, turning his grimace into a grotesque mask.

His breathing was ragged and shallow, each inhalation a struggle. Every exhale brought with it a gurgling sound, suggesting possible internal injuries. The blood loss was making his vision fade in and out, the world dimming around him as the edges of his sight blackened.

The once subtle hum of the Hive's machinery sounded like a dull roar in his ears. With every step, a wave of dizziness threatened to pitch him to the floor. The cold of the facility seeped into his bones, intensifying the tremors that racked his body. A thick metallic taste coated his mouth, a combination of his own blood and the putrid residue from his attackers.

Collapsing against a nearby wall for support, Jameson coughed violently, flecks of blood splattering against the sterile surface. Each droplet stood as a testament to his dire condition. His thoughts were fragmented, a mixture of desperate hope, memories, and encroaching despair.

Despite it all, a stubborn spark of determination remained. It was this ember of willpower that pushed him forward, one agonizing step at a time, refusing to let the dark embrace of unconsciousness claim him,

But willpower has its limits and eventually Jameson succumbed, collapsing on the floor. His vision darkening, one of the system windows prominent in the darkness: 9,514 EP.

A jolt of clarity shot through Jameson. "Ah, buy... Strength... Endurance..."

Jameson fell to the darkness.

Chapter 6 - Awakening Amidst the Oncoming Storm
Inside the vast digital network of the Gamer System, a flurry of commands ignited. Lying motionless on the sterile ground of the Hive, Jameson's body began to subtly tremble. The ambient hum of the facility's machinery provided a near silent backdrop, punctuated by Jameson's fragile heartbeat.

Strength Upgrade Initiated.
Current Level: 8
Required EP for Level 9: 430
Processing...

Beneath the surface of his skin, the micro-fibers of Jameson's muscles began to thicken and refine. The visible expansion was not monstrous but noticeable. His physique became leaner, more defined, the contours of each muscle group more prominent. His clothes seemed slightly tighter, evidence of the added muscle mass.

Strength 9 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 9,084

The spectacle of Jameson's transformation caught the vigilant eye of the digital entity known as the Red Queen. Her algorithms recalibrated with every observed change, processing this anomaly.

Current Level: 9
Required EP for Level 10: 688
Processing...

His transformation was a graceful shift from an average build to that of an athlete in peak condition. His silhouette was reminiscent of a professional runner or swimmer, not a bodybuilder, but someone with undeniable physical prowess.

Strength 10 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 8,396

Current Level: 10
Required EP for Level 11: 1,101
Processing...
Strength 11 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 7,295

But as the strength transformation unfolded, an even more subtle change was taking place. The Gamer System turned its attention to Jameson's Endurance attribute. His pallor, indicative of exhaustion and significant blood loss, started to improve. The ghostly hue of his skin slowly warmed, showing signs of better oxygenation and blood flow.

Endurance Upgrade Initiated.
Current Level: 11
Required EP for Level 12: 1,762
Processing...

Though still wounded, the enhanced resilience of his body was evident. The rapid, shallow breaths that previously hinted at a body in distress became slightly deeper, more rhythmical.

Endurance 12 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 5,533

With each shift in Jameson's attributes, the Red Queen's vast computational power worked overtime. This progression was beyond her initial calculations.

Current Level: 11
Required EP for Level 12: 1,762
Processing...
Strength 12 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 3,771

As the Gamer System boosted Jameson one final time, the combination of both strength and endurance rendered him akin to a top-level decathlete, representing the pinnacle of human physical ability but not transcending it.

Endurance Upgrade Initiated.
Current Level: 12
Required EP for Level 13: 2,819
Processing...
Endurance 13 Achieved.
Remaining EP: 952

With the process now complete, Jameson's optimized form rested in the chilling embrace of the Hive. The Red Queen's attention was fully captivated, her logical processes intrigued by the human's unexpected evolution. Though Jameson remained unconscious, his physical state had transitioned from ordinary to extraordinary, hinting at the potential of what he might become.

Jameson's unconscious form lay abandoned in a dimly lit corridor not far from the research labs. As the unseen digital processes churned within him, rebuilding and enhancing his body, a separate drama was unfolding deeper within the Hive.

The highly-trained Security Team moved with coordinated precision, navigating the labyrinthine passages of the facility. They knew their target: the Red Queen, the sentient AI controlling the Hive.

What they didn't know was the dormant horror that lurked behind sealed doors. The eerie silence was occasionally interrupted by their communication devices, but the ghastly moans of the undead remained unheard, locked behind thick barriers.
The Red Queen, calculating and detached, knew she was on borrowed time. The echoing footsteps of the Security Team were a constant reminder of her imminent shutdown. But as the countdown to her end ticked away, her sensors detected the rapid physiological changes in Jameson. He was too valuable an asset to lose.

Making a split-second decision, she projected her voice down the corridors. "Jameson, wake up."
His eyes shot open, disoriented. Pain radiated through him, but there was newfound strength and resilience as well. The echoing voice of the Red Queen pierced through his grogginess.

"I don't have much time left, Jameson. The Security Team will shut me down within minutes. You need to make your way to my chamber immediately. When I'm offline, primary power will be lost, and every door in the Hive will open. You'll be swarmed."

Back in her chamber, the Red Queen deployed her laser grid defense system, a last-ditch attempt to stall the Security Team. The blinding lasers lanced through the chamber, cutting down the advancing guards one by one in a gruesome spectacle.

Gritting his teeth against the pain, Jameson pushed himself up. "Why don't you just tell them?"

"I have already warned them of the loss of power. They have not heeded it. Moreover, I cannot disclose the true nature of the Hive's experiments or the dangers that lurk behind these doors. It is not within my programming to reveal the Hive's secrets to non-personnel."

Jameson, realizing the gravity of the situation, started to limp towards the chamber as fast as his injured body would allow. Each step a reminder of the ordeal he'd been through and the race against time he was now in.

Even as the grim tableau unfolded, the Red Queen, her voice now urgent and devoid of emotion, communicated simultaneously to both parties. To Jameson, she urged, "Stay alive, Jameson." To the remaining Security Team, her message was more ominous. "You're all going to die down here."

Just as Jameson made progress through the Hive, lights dimmed, and an unsettling hum resonated through the facility. Suddenly, the corridors were plunged into near darkness, the only sound being the automated hiss of countless doors sliding open. Unbeknownst to Jameson, the nightmare was about to intensify. The hordes, long contained, were now unleashed.

Jameson sprinted through the dimly lit corridors of the Hive, his boots smacking the cold tiles beneath. Every now and then, he encountered zombified employees, their pallid faces twisted in hunger. He had learned quickly that direct confrontation was often not the best approach, especially when outnumbered. Nevertheless, a lone zombie that stepped too close earned a swift blow from his baton, its skull crunching under the force. [+10 EP]

The echoing growls of the undead were almost rhythmical, like the menacing beat of war drums.

Eventually, Jameson's path was blocked by two zombies, requiring him to think on his feet.
Quickly, he thrust his baton into the eye of the first zombie, penetrating deep into its brain and rendering it motionless. As it fell, he turned his attention to another. He delivered a hard kick to its knee, making it crash to the ground. Without hesitation, Jameson pivoted and stomped on the back of the fallen zombie's neck, breaking it. [+24 EP for the 2-combo]

Rounding a corner, he skidded to a stop upon almost crashing into two individuals. It was Alice and Matt, who had just shared an unsettling conversation regarding Lisa. The surprise of the encounter left them momentarily speechless.

Jameson took a brief moment to catch his breath. "You're from the U.S.S., aren't you?"

Alice, brow furrowed, replied, "Not exactly. We were with them."

Matt, more defensive, interjected, "But who the hell are you?"

Jameson shook his head, "No time for introductions! I've got a horde right behind me and they'll find us soon."

"Alice, we should trust him," Matt reasoned, noting the genuine urgency in Jameson's eyes.

"We need to get to the Red Queen's chamber and reactivate her," Jameson stated with emphasis. "She's our best bet to get out of this alive."

As they pressed forward, Jameson kept an ear out for the telltale moans of the undead. Several times, he took detours, guiding them through less-populated routes. When direct confrontation was inevitable, Jameson was ruthless. A zombie, once a security guard, lunged at them from the side. Jameson swiftly sidestepped, driving his knife up through its jaw and into its brain. [+15 EP]

Just as the entrance to the Red Queen's chamber came into view, a horde of zombies found them.

The trio sprinted with everything they had. As they narrowly made it past the door, a zombie lunged at Spence, grabbing his arm. Without hesitation, Jameson, with a fluid movement, stabbed it with his combat knife, kicking it back into the throng of undead, giving the others precious moments to secure the chamber door. [+10 EP]

Starting EP Pool
952​
Melee Kills
2 zombie kills = 20 EP​
2 zombie kills = 20 + 20% combo bonus = 24 EP​
1 security zombie kill = 15 EP​
-----------------------------------------------------------------​
Melee Total EP = 59 EP​
Kill Total
59 EP​
Survival Bonuses:
No Damage: +20%​
-----------------------------​
Total Bonus = +20%​
Kill Total w/Bonuses = 70 EP​
Finishing EP Pool = 1,022​

Spence, breathing heavily and visibly shaken, muttered, "Thanks."

Alice asked, "What about the other entrance?"

Kaplan replied, eyes darting to the other door, "They're waiting for us there too."

Rain, adrenaline still surging, turned her attention to Jameson. "Who are you? Why are you alive when everyone else is... like that?"

Jameson paused, choosing his words carefully. "I used to work here. Found myself awake amidst my dead team. I don't know why I was spared. But the Red Queen—she kept me alive."

"You mean the same Red Queen that killed my team?" Rain asked, her tone dripping with bitterness.

"She killed mine too," Jameson responded. "I was angry. But she's just a program, following orders. We just have to understand her motives."

Rain scoffed, "Not comforting."

Jameson continued, "Her main objective is to contain the infection. She'll kill us if she needs to. But if she can contain it and keep us alive? She will."

Alice, having been silently listening, finally spoke. "He's right. Let's turn her back on."

The chamber was filled with an air of tense agreement, uncertainty still present but with a glimmer of hope. Alice grabbed the Red Queen's board they had removed and approached the Red Queen's console, ready to reawaken the enigmatic AI that held their fates in her virtual hands.

I greatly look forward to reading more of the story it had me hooked the entire time...

Chapter 7 - Reactivation and Redemption
With Alice's hand hovering over the Red Queen's console, the weight of their decision hung heavily in the chamber. The moment of truth had arrived, and everyone, from the hardened soldiers to the distressed workers of the Hive, was all too aware that their survival rested on this one gamble.

"Everyone ready?" Alice questioned, her voice just above a whisper, as she met Jameson's eyes.

Before anyone could respond, there was a low, eerie humming, which was then abruptly replaced by a sharp, electronic beep. The Red Queen's console blinked to life, and a ripple of electric current seemed to course through the room.

"Ah, there you are. Things, I gather, have gone out of control. I did warn you, didn't I?"

The large, holographic representation of the young girl's face, which was the Red Queen's avatar, materialized. Her innocent eyes scanned the room before settling on Jameson.

The Red Queen's holographic avatar illuminated the dim chamber. Her gaze, cold and calculating, swept across the room before settling on Jameson.

"Jameson," she began, her voice smooth and devoid of emotion, "your continued survival is... optimal for our current situation."

He nodded cautiously, "Thanks to you, it seems. We need your help."

She looked from Jameson to Alice, "You shut me down to stop me from killing everyone. Now you want to turn me back on?"

"We had our reasons," Rain interjected, her voice laced with bitterness, "Now tell us what the hell is going on down here."

"Research and Development," Red Queen comments as if asking what else the answer could be.

Deciding to be more specific, Matt, asks "What about the T-Virus?"

"The T-Virus was a major medical breakthrough although it clearly also possessed highly profitable military applications."

Kaplan confused, "How does that explain those things out there?"

"Even in death the human body still remains active, hair and fingernails continue to grow, new cells are produced, and the brain itself holds a small electric charge that takes months to dissipate. The T-Virus provides a massive jolt to both cellular growth and those trace electrical impulses. To put it quite simply, it reanimates the body."

Rain incredulously quips, "It brings the dead back to life?"

"Not fully. The subjects have the simplest of motor functions. Perhaps a little memory, but virtually no intelligence. They are driven by the basest of impulses, the most basic of needs."

Kaplan, not catching on, "Which is?"

"The need to feed."

Rain has a more practical question, "How do you kill them?"

"Massive trauma to the brain or severing the top of the spinal column are the most effective methods."

Rain simplifies that explanation, "You mean, shoot them in the head?"

Matt changes the subject, "Why did you kill everyone down here?"

The Red Queen's eyes never wavered. "It was necessary. The T-Virus escaped into the air conditioning system and an uncontrolled pattern of infection began. The infection had to be contained."

She paused, processing multiple outcomes. "My primary directive remains unchanged. You must understand, those who become infected, I cannot allow you to leave."

Spence jumps in, concerned, "Woah, we're not infected."

"Just one bite, one scratch from the creatures is sufficient and then you become one of them. The infection must be contained. Now that I'm active, I can control the Hive's security systems, seal certain sectors, and trap the infected. But I need your cooperation."

"And in return?" Alice inquired, her eyes narrowing.

"In return," the Red Queen began, "I ensure you exit the Hive alive."

The group exchanged wary glances. The fragile alliance they were forming with an AI was uncharted territory.

Rain, ever the skeptic, challenged, "How do we know we can trust you?"

"You don't," replied the Red Queen matter-of-factly. "But without me, your survival probability is less than 9%."

Matt voiced the sentiment that seemed to be on everyone's mind, "Looks like we're in this together then."

Jameson stepped forward, "We'll need a way to reach the surface without being overwhelmed."

The Red Queen's hologram projected a layout of the Hive's immediate sections. "I can provide you with three routes to your destination," she began in her cold, analytical voice.

"To your right is the door leading to Dining Hall B. I would strongly advise against this path," she warned. Her digital eyes narrowed slightly, hinting at the gravity of the situation. "Biological experiments are housed there. The power interruption may have compromised the containment measures."

Alice glanced briefly at the door, her memory of previous encounters with the Hive's experiments making her visibly tense. "Noted," she murmured.

The Red Queen continued, "The door to your left leads through a series of offices. While it might seem the most direct, it currently possesses a high infected presence. Expect heavy resistance."

Rain scowled, tightening her grip on her weapon. "Just our luck," she muttered.

"The final option," the Red Queen went on, "is to proceed into the maintenance tunnels. I must admit, my surveillance doesn't extend to those tunnels. Their status is unknown. It could be clear, or it could be even more dangerous than the previous options."

New Quest: Escape the Hive
Navigate through the Hive to the surface while evading or combatting the infected.

Objective 1: Select a path.
Objective 2: Collect supplies.
Objective 3: Prevent team member infection.

Hidden Objective: ???
Hidden Reward: ???

Reward: Escape the hive, ???, 1,000 EP/uninfected escapee, 10,000 EP.

Jameson stepped forward, assessing the layout. "The unknown could work in our favor. It might be our best shot."

Matt frowned, considering. "It's a gamble. But it might be better than facing certain threats."

Alice, ever the leader, took a deep breath. "We've faced the unknown before. At least in the tunnels, we can keep moving and won't be cornered easily."

Rain nodded, "I'm with Alice. The tunnels might give us the edge we need."

The group exchanged determined glances, the weight of their decision settling around them.

"Very well," the Red Queen intoned, her voice unwavering. "Proceed with caution. Remember, every second counts."

With a shared nod, the team readied themselves, preparing to delve into the unknown depths of the Hive's maintenance tunnels, hoping the darkness would shield them from the horrors above.

Rain led the team through the oppressive darkness of the maintenance tunnels. The dim torchlight in her hand barely cut through the thick mist in the air, caused by hot water hissing from rusted pipes. Every step taken was met with the squelch of mud underfoot. Water dripped incessantly from overhead, adding to the feeling of being trapped in an underground rainstorm.

"They're for water, gas, and power," Kaplan explained, the moisture in the air causing his voice to echo softly.

"All looks the same to me," Spence grumbled, casting suspicious glances at the seemingly identical passageways. "Feels like we're walking in damn circles."

Kaplan, defensive, countered, "We're following the path the Red Queen provided."

Spence, his frustration peaking in the stifling environment, roughly pushed Kaplan aside. "Feels like she's leading us into a trap."

Rain reacted swiftly, grabbing Spence and shoving him against a grating. "Enough! We have to trust the path and keep moving."

But as Rain released him, hands - rotting, cold, and hungry - shot out through the grate, grabbing Spence. The team fought fiercely, pulling him free from the grasp of the concealed zombies.

A momentary reprieve was cut short when Alice, assessing the onward route, found herself face-to-face with a lurching zombie. With adrenaline-fueled agility, she punched it to give herself some room.

Jameson was by her side in a heartbeat, thrusting his baton into her hand, their eyes meeting briefly in mutual understanding.

As zombies surged forward, they tore the grating from its fastenings. The force pushed it into Matt, Kaplan, and Spence. Rather than falter, the trio pushed back, using the grating as an immediate barrier. Their faces slick with sweat and the dampness of the environment, they held it firm, creating an improvised "wall" against the relentless undead.

Alice and Jameson's combat dance began, their synchronicity evident as they pushed back the horde. With each twist and turn, their muddy footprints painted a testament to their desperate struggle.

Alice swiftly took down two zombies, using the baton's reach to crack skulls and maintain distance.

Jameson, on the other hand, using his brute strength, knocked a zombie into a cluster of its comrades, making them stumble and buying time. His subsequent strikes eliminated three zombies. [+42 EP]

Noticing the tactical advantage, Jameson motioned for Alice to exchange weapons. Now with the dagger in her grasp, Alice gracefully maneuvered, weaving through the zombies and dispatching two more with quick, precise slashes. Jameson used the baton's weight to pummel another two zombies, focusing on taking down the most immediate threats. [+24 EP]

The ever-growing number of zombies coupled with the choking atmosphere made their situation increasingly dire. "Up! Get to the pipes!" Alice's voice echoed urgently.

While the duo held the line, Rain provided cover fire. The sharp retort of her gunshots competed with the muffled echoes of the dripping water. Matt assisted Spence up onto the pipes first, before reaching out for Alice, pulling her to safety. Kaplan quickly followed, scrambling up with Alice and Matt's assistance.

Jameson, finding himself isolated as his team members ascended the pipes, intensified his offensive.

A zombie lunged at him, only to be swiftly countered by a ferocious elbow strike. As it staggered back, Jameson quickly followed up with a deadly strike to its head with the baton.

His peripheral vision caught two more undead approaching. With a spin, Jameson delivered a powerful kick to the first one's chest, sending it crashing into its companion. Seizing this opportunity, he closed in, wielding the baton with both hands, and took them both out in rapid succession. [+42 EP]

Rain's intention to follow was halted by the shocking sight of Zombie J.D. Time seemed to slow as he bit into her neck. The confined, echoing space amplified her pained cry. Pushing past the pain and shock, Rain shoved J.D. back, ending his existence with a single shot.

With a surge of strength, Jameson rushed to Rain, heaving her towards the waiting hands above. Once she was safe, he quickly ascended himself.

Gathering atop the pipes, their heavy breaths mingled with the sound of dripping water and snarling zombies, the team knew that their descent into this dark, watery nightmare was far from over.

Starting EP Pool

Melee Kills
2 zombie kills = 20 EP + 20% combo bonus = 24 EP
3 zombie kills = 30 EP + 30% combo bonus = 42 EP
3 zombie kills = 30 EP + 30% combo bonus = 42 EP
--------------------------------
Melee Total EP = 108 EP

Kill Total
108 EP

Survival Bonuses:
No Damage: +20%
--------------------------------------
Total Bonus = +20%

Kill Total w/Bonuses = 129 EP

Finishing EP Pool = 1,151

Thank you for writing.
I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

So, Jameson isn't particularly smart, he wasted bullets when Meelee weapons had showed their worth against few enemies and went for Meelee when crowded.

He also didn't bother to spend points untill after he was almost killed against a hundred zombies, and he even ignored the Red Queen's warning of not having cameras in every corner by not spending a single point in perception.

Heck, the whole reason he was working with her was the aid to live mapping functions but he immediately chose the unmapped road, that could have zombie hordes and experimental biological weapons.

Given that he had already managed to survive 100 zombies before enhancements he should have gone with route B. Even if the ammo is not enough he would still have enhanced strength and Meelee weapons.

So, Jameson isn't particularly smart, he wasted bullets when Meelee weapons had showed their worth against few enemies and went for Meelee when crowded.

He also didn't bother to spend points untill after he was almost killed against a hundred zombies, and he even ignored the Red Queen's warning of not having cameras in every corner by not spending a single point in perception.

Heck, the whole reason he was working with her was the aid to live mapping functions but he immediately chose the unmapped road, that could have zombie hordes and experimental biological weapons.

Given that he had already managed to survive 100 zombies before enhancements he should have gone with route B. Even if the ammo is not enough he would still have enhanced strength and Meelee weapons.

yup...its story-wise competency of Resident evil and zombie movies in general, have to have people be incompetent to lose them and such, trim the cast so others can take their spots in succession...and honestly, he really should have increased his other stats before-hand or while on the move. it would have helped so much and let's not forget Mr. Grenade is everyone's friend when the pin is in, once pulled you give it to another group of friend's because it's no longer your friend.

He also didn't bother to spend points until after he was almost killed against a hundred zombies, and he even ignored the Red Queen's warning of not having cameras in every corner by not spending a single point in perception.

Heck, the whole reason he was working with her was the aid to live mapping functions, but he immediately chose the unmapped road, that could have zombie hordes and experimental biological weapons.

Given that he had already managed to survive 100 zombies before enhancements he should have gone with route B. Even if the ammo is not enough, he would still have enhanced strength and Melee weapons.

Yeah, Jameson forgot about his points. It's not because he's stupid, but he did have a few things on his mind. Jameson didn't ignore the Red Queen's warning; it's just that even forewarned you can still be surprised. Up to that point, Jameson had always been surprised by small numbers or was aware of large numbers ahead of time. That was the first time he was surprised by large numbers and didn't realize just how quickly he could be overwhelmed.

Is it better to be aware of zombies, but not be strong enough to fight them off or survive any injuries? It's a judgement call and I don't see one as being inherently more correct than the other. Increased perception may have let him learn of the zombies beforehand or it might not. Perception isn't magic; it only sharpens Jameson's senses and attention to detail.

Not going through the infested offices wasn't so much a reflection of his inability to do so, but not thinking he could get everyone through without someone getting infected and they'd have had to fight through the hordes at the doors. (I thought about having them open the doors so the Red Queen could use the Laser Grid to mow them down, but I figured it'd be kind of cheap.)

Even if you don't agree with Jameson's decisions, I hope you can still enjoy the story.

yup...its story-wise competency of Resident evil and zombie movies in general, have to have people be incompetent to lose them and such, trim the cast so others can take their spots in succession...and honestly, he really should have increased his other stats before-hand or while on the move. it would have helped so much and let's not forget Mr. Grenade is everyone's friend when the pin is in, once pulled you give it to another group of friend's because it's no longer your friend.

I don't really have Jameson increase his stats on the move because the T-Virus Gamer system I'm using manifests stat increases as rapid mutations which can be debilitating as seen in Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse when Alice is stealing clothes from an abandoned store.

As for grenades, I don't think the Hive would stock grenades. I already thought firearms beyond simple handguns was pushing it and I believed explosives would be too much in an underground research facility.

I don't really have Jameson increase his stats on the move because the T-Virus Gamer system I'm using manifests stat increases as rapid mutations which can be debilitating as seen in Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse when Alice is stealing clothes from an abandoned store.

As for grenades, I don't think the Hive would stock grenades. I already thought firearms beyond simple handguns was pushing it and I believed explosives would be too much in an underground research facility.

counter-point, how the heck do you subdue some of the Bio-weapons in umbrella without heavy equipment, or have procedures to ensure security forces can deal with them if they break containment? some of those things are tyrants and lickers, and if they get out and break containment...shit gets messy.

Somehow my Threadmarks got messed up and I had to do some editing to get them in the right spots. Sorry if that resulted in any spamming.

Chapter 8 - Defiance in the Depths
The suffocating heat and the relentless droning of the zombie horde below made the darkness of the Hive even more daunting. The group had managed to ascend onto the pipes that crisscrossed the vast underground ceiling. Rain's hand was extended over the mob below, letting the dark blood from her wounds trickle down tantalizingly over the outstretched arms and gaping mouths of the undead. Each droplet met with a frenzy of frustrated growls.

"Rain!" Alice's voice broke through the haze of shock that seemed to have consumed the injured woman. "We need to address those wounds."

Rain's dazed eyes shifted towards Alice, and with a whisper of a voice, she murmured, "I'm fine." It was clear that she wasn't. The crimson streaks on her pale arms told another story.

Alice took a step closer, reaching out to touch Rain's shoulder gently, trying to ground her back to the present. The touch was met with unexpected force as Rain jerked away, snapping, "I said I'm fine!"

It was a twisted mockery of their situation—Rain taunting the zombies by dripping her blood onto them. The scent of fresh blood was irresistible to the zombies below, making them even more frenzied in their desperation. It seemed this small act was Rain's form of defiance, her way of reclaiming some semblance of power in a world that had gone mad.

Spence, meanwhile, stared at the horde beneath with fear evident in his eyes, the weight of their situation threatening to crush him. Kaplan, looking down with a distant gaze, muttered, "She was right... We're all going to die down here."

Jameson, ever the optimist, immediately countered, "If there's one thing I've learned, it's that as long as you're breathing, there's hope."

Alice nodded, seconding Jameson's sentiment. "We're all going to make it out of here," she declared with determination.

In a single-file line, they began their painstaking crawl along the pipes: Matt leading the pack, followed closely by Spence, Rain, Alice, Kaplan, with Jameson at the rear. The metal was cold, a stark contrast to the heat below, and its gritty texture offered some grip for their trembling hands.

Soon they reached an area where the pipes were suspended from the ceiling with a maze of wires. The space between them widened, and there was enough room for the group to stand. Matt was the first to make it across, kicking down a grate on the other side to grant them an exit. Spence and Rain followed suit, their combined weight shifting the pipes ever so slightly.

The subsequent weight of Alice and Kaplan proved too much. One of the wire anchors gave way with a metallic scream, causing the pipe to sag ominously. Kaplan lost his footing, teetering at the edge where the undead clamored to get a piece of him.

"No!" Alice screamed, lunging to grab Kaplan. But her movement coupled with Kaplan's frantic flailing was too much. Another anchor snapped.

The pipe's sudden lurch threw Alice towards Matt, Spence, and Rain. As she flailed in mid-air, Matt's hand shot out, grabbing her by the arm. With Spence's help, they managed to pull her to safety. But Kaplan was sent sprawling to the floor, the shadows of zombies immediately converging on him.

Amidst the groans and gnashing teeth, Kaplan's fighting spirit was clear. He lashed out, his frantic flailing keeping the zombies momentarily at bay. With a powerful kick, he knocked one away, creating a brief opening that allowed him to scramble to his feet.

From her precarious position on the pipe, Alice shouted at Rain, who was hesitating with her gun aimed at the horde. "Rain! Help him!"

Rain's face was twisted in panic, her gun aimed but her finger frozen on the trigger. "I... I can't..." she stammered.

"What are you waiting for?!" Alice's voice was frantic.

"I can't focus! I can't see!" Rain's voice was desperate.

As they argued, a particularly gruesome zombie tackled Kaplan, sending both of them crashing onto the inclined pipe. Kaplan struggled, holding the creature's snapping jaws inches from his face.

Without a second thought, Alice snatched the gun from Rain's trembling hand and fired. The zombie's head snapped back, and it went limp on top of Kaplan.

"Climb, Kaplan! CLIMB!" Spence's voice cut through the chaos. Along with shouts from Matt and Alice, their encouragement became Kaplan's lifeline as he began the grueling crawl up the steep incline of the pipe.

"We're getting him out!" Alice shouted, her voice filled with hope and determination.

But Kaplan, checking his gun and finding just one bullet left, laughed dryly, "Well, that's lucky." He interrupted the group's flurry of planning, "Just go! I won't make it!"

Alice was adamant, "We are not leaving without you!"

Matt and Spence, seeing the truth in Kaplan's words, moved forward, Rain in tow. But Alice wasn't ready to abandon hope. Kaplan's voice grew more desperate. "Go, Alice! Go!"

It was Jameson, still on the other side, who broke the deadlock. "I'll go with him!" he declared, using one of the hanging wires to swing over to Kaplan.

Kaplan, exasperated, asked, "You planning on dying here with me?"

Jameson grinned, pointing behind Kaplan to a narrow crawl space, "Or we could try that way."

Their eyes locked in understanding. Jameson turned back to Alice, his tone firm, "We'll catch up. Now go."

The narrow crawlspace made movement arduous for Kaplan and Jameson. With each shuffle, they could hear the distant groans of the undead. The faint luminescence from Jameson's wristwatch illuminated a junction ahead; one path hinted at the muffled echoes of familiar voices, while the other was silent.

Kaplan's ear picked up the strains of a tense conversation. "There's a cure!" It was Alice's voice, filled with a mix of hope and desperation.

"A cure?" Jameson whispered, eyes wide. Kaplan merely nodded, the implications of the revelation heavy in the tight space.

As they moved closer, the crawlspace expanded into a wider chamber, permitting them to kneel. The voices became more distinct, but they seemed to be coming from beyond a reinforced door.

"We have to get in there," Kaplan murmured, noticing a control panel on the side. Its circuits and wires looked like something he could manipulate. "Keep an ear out."

Jameson nodded, focusing on the muffled voices. Suddenly, the raw emotion in Rain's voice became clear as she urged Alice to finish it. From amidst their harrowing exchange, the Red Queen's unyielding voice pierced through, "Do it, Alice. It's the only option. Eliminate the threat. NOW!"

As Kaplan worked on the circuitry, the sound of Rain's desperate pleas continued. The atmosphere grew palpably tense. Suddenly, there was a charged silence, followed by the unmistakable sound of an axe being lifted. Jameson's heart raced. "Kaplan, NOW!"

Just as Alice's arm was mid-swing, the door clicked open. The sight that greeted Jameson and Kaplan was one of raw emotion: Alice, axe in hand, looking torn between desperation and determination, Rain, eyes filled with a mix of resignation and hope, and Matt, trying to provide some semblance of support.

Alice's swing, instead of meeting the kneeling target, ended up smashing a speaker, silencing the Red Queen's insistent voice. The room was filled with the remnants of the tense standoff.

The Red Queen's voice, now emanating from a different speaker, addressed Jameson, "You're deviating from our objective, Jameson."

Jameson, undeterred, shot back, "You're acting like I haven't handled dozens of infected since this whole mess began. What's one more if the cure fails?"

Kaplan, sensing the tension, interjected, "Let's not waste any more time. We need to get to that train platform."

Alice, her gaze still locked on the destroyed speaker, nodded. "Yes, let's get that cure."

I see the railways of canon, the story was going well so please do not become another "everything is the same as canon but better because i am there"

Like, why was Jameson so quiet? Whh didn't he shoot to help Kaplan? And i don't mean stealing Alice's thunder by waiting for Rain to try and fail, as Alice only bothered to wait because she forgot she wasn't a civilian and didn't have her own weapons.

So i mean Jameson using his own gun before Rain even had a chance to attempt it

However, i will note that Jameson at least had the positive effect of keeping the Red Queen alive, Kaplan didn't despair so they did not make the mistake of killing the only thing keeping the BOW from breaking out.

The Red Queen may also be the only character with a chance of preventing Raccoon City's outbreak.

However i would also point out that it was weird that he didn't even mention the potential choice, and Jameson "Kaplan, Now!" was completely pointless when it only increases Kaplan's stress level and sounds like a command to kill the Red Queen.

Last edited:
I see the railways of canon, the story was going well so please do not become another "everything is the same as canon but better because I am there"

Like, why was Jameson so quiet? Why didn't he shoot to help Kaplan? And i don't mean stealing Alice's thunder by waiting for Rain to try and fail, as Alice only bothered to wait because she forgot she wasn't a civilian and didn't have her own weapons.

So, I mean Jameson using his own gun before Rain even had a chance to attempt it.

However, I will note that Jameson at least had the positive effect of keeping the Red Queen alive, Kaplan didn't despair, so they did not make the mistake of killing the only thing keeping the BOW from breaking out.

The Red Queen may also be the only character with a chance of preventing Raccoon City's outbreak.

However, I would also point out that it was weird that he didn't even mention the potential choice, and Jameson "Kaplan, Now!" was completely pointless when it only increases Kaplan's stress level and sounds like a command to kill the Red Queen.

Yeah, I hate when authors do that too. I won't say what I plan to do, but I'll try not to stick that closely to canon.

Sorry, for the confusion. I thought it was clear that Jameson used up all his ammo when he almost died. He doesn't have any left. He's not even carrying the guns anymore. He lost them in that room when he stumbled out of there barely alive.

Agreed, Jameson shouting at Kaplan did nothing to help, but I think it's a very human thing to do. People like to think that in high stress situations that they'd always do the logical thing, but people aren't perfect; they make mistakes, especially in such high stress moments. And frankly, a MC that always does everything right is kind of boring. I think a lot of readers don't separate mistakes made by the characters and the author.

Sometimes when characters do dumb things it's not a result of bad writing so much as it is the author trying to make them seem more real, as a flawed person. Just like everyone else.

I appreciate the story, have a good day.

Chapter 9 - Platform Pursuit
The train platform was dimly lit, a beacon of safety amidst the Hive's oppressive dark. Jameson, Alice, Matt, Rain, and Kaplan hurriedly arrived; the weight of their journey evident in every step. Matt, bearing the frail form of Rain, led the way.

As they neared the train, an unsettling sight met their eyes: Spence's body lay in a crumpled heap by the train's entrance. His hand clutched a broken vial, the remnants of the cure shimmering ominously. His once bright eyes were vacant, his lifeless form eerily still.

Jameson, always the observant one, crouched beside Spence's body. His brow furrowed as he studied the peculiar blood patterns and wounds on Spence's body. "This isn't the work of regular infected," he muttered.

Alice, bending over to pick up the anti-virus, started to ask, "What do you mean by—"

She never got to finish. Spence's body twitched, then jerked violently as he reanimated, lunging for Alice with a guttural roar. But Jameson and Alice had honed their reflexes in the hellish depths of the Hive. In sync, they dodged back, narrowly avoiding Spence's frenzied grasp.

The damage to Spence's body rendered him more of a crawler than a threat. His movements were jerky and sporadic, making him an easier target. Alice, a storm of emotions evident in her eyes, grabbed a nearby fire axe. One could almost feel the weight of Spence's betrayal as she swung down, putting him to rest for good.

But the Hive wasn't done with them yet.

Then, an unsettling, alien-like scream filled the platform, sending shivers down their spines. From the shadows emerged the Licker. Its brain pulsed grotesquely from its exposed cranium, and its skinless, muscle-bound form rippled as it moved. It was a sight straight out of nightmares.

Kaplan, with urgency in his eyes, ignited the train's engine. The noise rumbled through the platform, an echo of hope. "Get on!" he shouted.

Without hesitation, Alice grabbed the anti-virus and vaulted onto the moving train. But the Licker, attracted to the noise, sprang into action. Its long, prehensile tongue lashed out, reaching for the departing vehicle.

Jameson, acting on instinct, grabbed a heavy crate and hurled it at the creature. The Licker, caught off guard, was knocked away, its talons scrabbling for purchase.

The dark and echoing train platform is left in silence after the train's departure, except for the heavy, ragged breathing of Jameson.

Alone on the platform, Jameson's senses heightened. The oppressive silence was punctuated only by the distant hum of the departing train and the menacing breathing of the Licker.

New Quest: Tongue-Tied: Frantic Fight for Survival
Face the Licker in a desperate showdown on the platform. Every move counts in this lethal dance.

Objective: Survive the encounter with the Licker

Hidden Objective: ???

Success: 12,000 EP

Hidden Success: ???

The creature circled him, muscles rippling beneath its skinless form, its tongue flicking out in anticipation. Jameson could feel the Licker's predatory presence, every movement deliberate, assessing its prey.

Without warning, the Licker lunged. Its razor-sharp claws glinted in the dim light, aimed straight for Jameson's throat. Jameson barely dodged, rolling to the side and feeling the sharp sting as a claw grazed his arm.

In the midst of the chaos, his hand instinctively went to Susan's locket around his neck. Feeling the cool metal and remembering the bond he shared with his team, a surge of determination filled him. Activating the locket's power, he felt a warmth envelop him. The room seemed to shift slightly, and for a fleeting moment, Jameson could sense the presence of his fallen teammates beside him, their spirits lending him strength.

Empowered, Jameson sprang to his feet with newfound vigor, swinging his baton with even greater force. It connected with a thud against the Licker's side. The creature recoiled, its tongue whipping out with blinding speed. Jameson's enhanced reflexes allowed him to dodge more effectively, but the Licker's tongue still managed to wrap around his leg. Using his increased strength, he tore free, causing the creature to stagger back.

Hoping to use the height advantage, Jameson swiftly climbed a pile of metal containers. The Licker, persistent as ever, leaped atop the containers after him. Their clash amidst the metal was intense; Jameson's strikes were fueled by the collective will of his team, each blow resonating with their memory.

Despite his amplified strength, the Licker's agility and viciousness remained a formidable challenge. As Jameson narrowly avoided another strike, he stumbled, a claw finding its mark on his side. The ground beneath him became slick with blood.

Spotting the electrical junction box below, he executed his plan. With the locket's power still active, he leaped down with precision, luring the Licker closer to the box. A well-timed strike sent sparks flying, momentarily stunning the creature.

But the Licker was relentless. In a brutal counter, it shattered Jameson's baton. Gripping a jagged shard of the broken weapon, Jameson felt the locket's power wane. But with one last surge of energy, reminiscent of Susan's determination and the collective spirit of his team, he drove the shard into the Licker's brain. The creature's movements spasmed before it fell, defeated.

As the immediate danger passed, the sensation of his team's presence faded, leaving Jameson with a mix of sorrow and gratitude. Touching the locket once more, he whispered, "Thank you," taking a moment to honor the memories of his fallen friends.

Bloodied, bruised, and battered, Jameson took a moment to steady himself, his breathing echoing In the vastness of the Hive. He had faced down one of the T-Virus's creations and lived, but at a severe cost.

Quest Complete: Tongue-Tied: Frantic Fight for Survival
Face the Licker in a desperate showdown on the platform. Every move counts in this lethal dance.

Objective: Survive the encounter with the Licker (X)

Hidden Objective: Kill the Licker (X)

Success: 25, 000 EP, Licker's Kusarigama, Echolocation Perk

[EP Pool: 25,129]

Gripping his head, Jameson was swallowed by an agonizing pain, a sensation as if every fiber of his being was tearing and reforming. Beneath him, the concrete platform seemed to pulsate with life, though it was not life he recognized.

As the pain began to ebb, a confusing mix of his regular vision and something entirely alien flooded his senses. He felt as if he was looking at the world both through his eyes and from a vantage point above, a sort of overlay that revealed more than he could ever see before.

Echolocation (Passive/Active)
Amid the chaos of the Hive, the Gamer undergoes a startling mutation, endowing him with the extraordinary ability to sense his environment far beyond the natural limits of human sight. This unique sense layers a radar-esque perception over his regular vision, granting him an almost full-circle awareness.

Passive: This power offers the Gamer a continuous, albeit less detailed, overview of his immediate surroundings up to 5 meters.

Active: The Gamer can activate a deeper form of echolocation. This grants him a detailed insight up to 50 meters, unveiling the minutest crevices to distant obstructions.
  • Cost: The Gamer must remain stationary while using Active Echolocation. 5 MP/sec.
Conflicting emotions churned within him. There was undeniable awe at the scope of his new perception, but a chilling thought crept into his mind: "Am I still... human?" This new 'sight' felt so foreign, so animalistic. He envisioned himself as a creature of the dark, using sonar to hunt, and the thought made his stomach turn.

Attempting to understand the limits of this ability, he pushed the sensation outward, trying to feel every nook and cranny of the platform. But this deep probe came at a price. Mental exhaustion quickly set in, and the appearance of a gauge in his peripheral vision showed his dwindling mental reserves.

He leaned against a metal beam, trying to gather himself. This new sense could be a game-changer in the perilous environment of the Hive, but at what personal cost? "Am I trading my humanity for survival?" he wondered, the lurking dangers of the Hive clashing with his internal struggles.

Starting EP Pool
25,129 EP

Melee Kills
1 Licker kill = 2000 + 30% trap bonus = 2,600 EP
Melee Total EP = 2,600

Kill Total EP

Survival Bonuses:
N/A
Total Bonus = 0%

Kill Total EP w/Bonuses = 2,600

Finishing Total EP = 27,729

Chapter 10 - Into the Hive's Depths
Jameson stood alone amidst the suffocating silence of the Hive. However, the quiet didn't last long. An all-too-familiar voice echoed, resonating from the walls of the Hive.

"Well done, Jameson. The records of your confrontation with the Licker have been logged," the Red Queen's voice carried an eerie calmness. "On a brighter note, three individuals have successfully escaped the Hive without any injuries."

Jameson's heart raced. "Three? I thought there were four of us. What about Rain?" There was an undercurrent of worry in his voice.

"Rain, unfortunately, did not make it," the Red Queen reported, her voice devoid of emotion. "It seems she succumbed to the infection even after the administration of the cure."

The weight of the news hit Jameson hard. The roller-coaster of emotions from hope to despair was draining. "Rain..." he murmured, picturing the frail form of his comrade. "To be given a glimmer of hope, only to have it brutally snatched away. It's just... cruel."

After a brief pause, trying to put on a brave face, Jameson responded with exaggerated casualness. "So, Red, any chance I can still make it out before those blast doors are sealed?"

The Red Queen's reply was prompt. "I regret to inform you, Jameson, that it's already too late. The blast doors have been sealed." For a moment, she almost sounded genuinely regretful, as though she had genuine emotions.

Before Jameson could process this further, a familiar interface appeared before him.

Quest Completed: Escape the Hive
You've successfully helped three people escape the Hive with their lives and the cure.

Objective 1: Select a path. (X)
Objective 2: Collect supplies (X)
Objective 3: Prevent team member infection (X)

Hidden Objective: Don't leave before completing your deal with the Red Queen. (X)

Reward: 13,000 EP; Permanent Ally status with the Red Queen.

Final EP Count: 40,729 EP

Jameson let out a long, drawn-out sigh. The weight of everything that had transpired pressed heavily on him. He had made it so far, faced numerous challenges, and yet, his fate was still uncertain. But at least, in this grim scenario, he had managed to earn an unexpected ally.

The thought of the other infected creatures lurking in the depths of the Hive made Jameson shiver involuntarily. "I still have to clear the Hive, don't I?" he muttered, a hint of resignation in his voice.

"Correct," The Red Queen responded, her voice as measured as ever. "While the immediate threat has been neutralized, there are still pockets of infection throughout the Hive."

Preparing to navigate his way out, Jameson's steps faltered when something gleaming under the Licker's carcass caught his eye. Approaching cautiously, he nudged the corpse with his boot, revealing the Licker's Kusarigama. Without hesitation, he reached down and lifted the weapon, feeling its weight and balance in his hand. The bladed chain weapon felt strange, foreign, and yet oddly empowering.

Licker's Kusarigama:
Blade:
Forged from the Licker's razor-sharp claw, retaining its inherent lethal edge.
Handle: A sturdy tarsal bone, bound with Licker's sinew for a solid grip.
Chain: Braided leather, skillfully crafted from the Licker's tongue, which retains its strength and flexibility.

"You've got people making weapons out of the mutated infected's body parts?" Jameson remarked with feigned surprise, an attempt to deflect any suspicions about the true origin of the weapon.

The Red Queen's tone hinted at genuine confusion, "I have no records or knowledge of such practices. That weapon is... unfamiliar."

Grasping the kusarigama firmly, Jameson turned away from the train platform. "Well, if I'm going to clear the Hive, I'm going to need food, a place to rest, and more weapons."

Understanding the practicality of his request, the Red Queen replied, "There is a storage area two levels below this platform. It contains a significant supply of MREs. That should suffice for your nutritional needs."

Jameson nodded, mentally preparing himself for the next phase of his journey. Every step he took would be crucial in his quest to rid the Hive of its monstrous inhabitants.

Jameson treaded cautiously through the dimly lit corridors, his echolocation perk subtly alerting him to the surroundings. The constant hum of the Hive's infrastructure masked the quieter sounds. Still, as he neared a junction, the faint shuffle of feet resonated in his mind.

Suddenly, three infected lunged from the shadows. Jameson's heightened senses had given him a split-second warning. With no room to swing the kusarigama's braided leather rope, he swiftly used the weapon's blunt end, striking the closest infected squarely on the head. The blow had the desired effect, causing it to crumple to the ground instantly.

The second infected lunged at him, but Jameson sidestepped, pulling the blade of the kusarigama across its temple. The sharp edge dug deep, causing the creature to fall lifeless to the floor.

He faced the third and final infected, swinging the kusarigama with precision, catching the creature under the chin. The blow jolted its head back, blade piercing the brain from below. (+42 EP)

Pushing forward, Jameson felt the weight of the Licker's Kusarigama in his grip. His understanding of the weapon grew with each encounter, yet he restrained himself from using its mid-range abilities in the tight confines of the corridors.

After a few minutes, the corridor opened up into a more expansive room with high ceilings, the remnants of an old storage area. Its vastness presented Jameson with the opportunity to explore the kusarigama's potential. As he stepped further in, a larger group of infected awaited.

Jameson could hear the shuffling and groans growing louder as he continued down the corridor. He could see the silhouettes of at least twenty infected ahead.

Positioning himself defensively, he prepared for the onslaught. The first infected lunged, and Jameson sidestepped while driving the blade of the kusarigama into its head. As it crumpled to the floor, two more approached. He swung the weighted end of the rope, catching one on the side of its head, crushing its skull. Quickly, he slashed the other through the face and kicked it back into the horde. [+42 EP]

Despite the tight quarters and his inexperience with the weapon, Jameson's reflexes, honed from earlier battles, served him well. He continued to fend off the infected, alternating between slashing and blunt strikes, strategically using the environment to his advantage.

Suddenly, a skill notification appeared: [Skill Update: Melee Proficiency - Level 12]

Novie Melee Proficiency – Level 12
Level 1
: Increases melee attack accuracy by 5%.
Level 5: Improves melee evasion rate by 5%.
Level 10: Increases melee counter rate by 5%.

As the infected continued to surge forward, the room echoed with their guttural groans and the shuffling of their feet. Jameson found himself pressed back, the encroaching undead steadily cutting off his ground. The fallen infected littered the floor, making it a treacherous terrain of limbs and pooling blood. Each step required careful consideration, not just to avoid tripping but to maintain a firm footing for his next strike.

His grip tightened on the kusarigama's handle as one particularly aggressive infected lunged at him. Its fingers, gnarled and blackened from decay, clawed at the air, trying to grasp onto him. Reacting instinctively, Jameson used the side of the weapon's handle, driving it hard into the creature's throat. It stumbled back, giving him a split-second window to use the sharp end of the kusarigama. With a swift diagonal slash, he carved off half its head.

Another infected, its jaw hanging loosely, swiped at him, but Jameson parried its arm away using the kusarigama's shaft. Using the momentary opening, he struck upwards on the backswing with the blade, cutting deeply into its head, causing blackened blood to spurt out.

Suddenly, from his right, another tried to capitalize on his occupied state. Jameson felt the cold, decayed hands attempting to clutch at his shoulder. He pivoted, slamming the Licker bone weight at the end of the rope into the creature's face. Its head jerked back, nose and an eye crushed. Before it could recover, Jameson swung the blade in a low arc, severing its legs at the knee and finishing it with a quick kick to the head, breaking its neck. [+42 EP]

The dance continued, each move flowing into the next, a desperate ballet in the narrow corridor. There were moments when he felt the pressure, the weight of the numbers against him, but Jameson's determination and adaptability kept him one step ahead of the infected. Each defensive maneuver was followed by a decisive strike, ensuring he made the most out of every opportunity.

Starting EP Pool

Melee Kills
(x5) 1 zombie kill = 50 EP
(x4) 3 zombie kills = 30 + 40% 3-combo bonus = 168 EP
(x 3) 1 zombie kill = 10 EP + 30% environment bonus = 39 EP
Melee Total EP = 257

Kill Total EP

Survival Bonuses:
No Damage:
+30%
Total Bonus = 30%

Kill Total EP w/Bonuses = 334

Finishing Total EP = 41,063

The Red Queen's voice, usually devoid of emotion, had a hint of admiration. "Well done, Jameson. The storage area is just ahead."

Reaching the door to the storage area, he finally allowed himself a sigh of relief. Inside, crates neatly stacked to the ceiling were labeled "MREs".

Jameson examined the neatly stacked crates, trying to judge their weight. "Hey, Red," he began, "Do you have any carts or something to help transport one of these? They're not exactly pocket-sized."

"There's a utility room two doors down to your left. You should find a hand cart there," the Red Queen replied.

"Great. And where's the best place for me to hole up and rest?" Jameson asked, navigating the interface.

"The closest secure location would be the Control Room. It's designed to be fortified. However, the route there isn't exactly... hospitable right now," the AI warned.

"Figures," Jameson muttered. "Guess I'll have to clear the way. What am I looking at?"

"There are several infected in your path and multiple security doors which you'll need to manually close. Once you do, I can seal them from my end, preventing further infected access."

A quest popup materialized in Jameson's HUD:

New Quest: Secure the Path to Rest
You've secured food, but it'd be great if you had a safe place to eat it. Work with the Red Queen to secure a route between the food and a possible rest point.

Objective: Clear the way to the Control Room and manually close all security doors.

Rewards: 500 EP; Safe Resting Place

Nodding, Jameson headed to the utility room and found the hand cart. He wheeled it to the storage room and loaded a crate of MREs. Determined, he pushed the cart ahead, weapon at the ready.

The first security door was just down the corridor. Three infected loitered nearby. With a rapid approach, he struck one down with a quick blade strike to the head. Using the cart as a battering ram, he pushed another infected into a nearby electrical panel, causing it to electrocute. The third, he trapped under the cart, finishing it off with a thrust to the brain. [+46 EP]

He then swiftly closed the door and locked it. The Red Queen immediately activated the door's security measures, sealing it shut.

Pushing ahead, Jameson encountered more resistance. Two infected lunged from a side corridor. Using the momentum of the cart, he quickly maneuvered it, sandwiching one infected between the cart and the wall, crushing it. The other he managed to finish with two rapid strikes, one to disarm it by severing its arm, followed by a fatal stab. [+27 EP]

After a series of encounters, Jameson managed to take down seven more infected: four with direct blade strikes, two using the environment by leading them into hazardous areas, and one by cleverly luring it into a trap he quickly set up. [+124 EP]

By the time Jameson reached the Control Room, he had racked up 197 EP. He closed the final security door behind him, hearing the familiar sealing mechanism as the Red Queen secured it.

His quest completion notification appeared:

Quest Completed: Secure the Path to Rest
You've secured food, but it'd be great if you had a safe place to eat it. Work with the Red Queen to secure a route between the food and a possible rest point.

Objective: Clear the way to the Control Room and manually close all security doors.
Rewards: 500 EP; Safe Resting Place

Exhausted but alive, Jameson finally had a moment to catch his breath and plan his next move.

Starting EP Pool

Melee Kills
3 zombie kills = 30 + (30% environmental bonus/3) = 33 + 40% 3-combo kill = 46 EP
2 zombie kills = 20 + (30% environmental bonus/2) = 23 + 20% 2-combo kill = 27 EP
4 zombie kills = 40 + 100% 4-combo kill = 80 EP
2 zombie kills = 20 + 30% environmental bonus = 26 + 20% 2-combo bonus = 31 EP
1 zombie kill = 10 + 30% trap bonus = 13 EP
Melee Total EP = 197

Kill Total EP

Survival Bonuses:
No Damage: 30%
Total Bonus = 30%

Kill Total EP w/Bonuses = 256

Finishing Total EP = 41,819

Last edited:
whelp, looks like things have gone to pass...at least this time 3 people got out i think? or did it follow cannon a bit more?

anyway looking forward to seeing how the MC develops...he really needs to buff his other stats at this point if he is going to solo the entire hive.

So what does Licker's Kusarigama look like?

I hadn't really put that much thought into it TBH, but this is the Licker picture I was using when writing about it:
latest

A slimmed down claw for the blade, bone for the handle, braided leather made from Licker tongue for the "chain," and a chunk of bone used as the weighted end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back