• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General Anime Discussion Thread

GiftofLove

A Gift From The Heart
A thread for discussing whatever anime. I couldn't find one, so I decided to start one.

I just finished watching the Boruto movie, from the Naruto series if you weren't already aware, and I have to say it surprised me with how good it was! I've watched, or tried to watch, most of the Naruto movies that have come out and almost universally they've been pretty terrible.

The Boruto movie was actually really strong, though! I was highly surprised. All of the characters have interesting designs, the pacing was good, and the story was actually interesting. I especially liked the Aburame kid's design. It really stood out in every scene he was in.

All in all if it's an indication of the quality of the Boruto series I keep hearing about, I might actually pick it up.

Anyone else have thoughts to share?

Never been one for Naruto, so I don't have much to say on that front.

I have, however, watched a great deal of anime in general. Just today I finished two series that I had left hanging for a while - Jitsu wa Watashi wa and Ao no Exorcist. Both were pretty damn good, though sometimes the personality of Rin (the protagonist of Ao no Exorcist) got on my nerves. Jitsu wa Watashi wa was an absolute riot though, and brought me quite a bit of laughter.

Now, I'm not sure what to watch. I've got a few shows I've left hanging at half-watched I need to finish, but there's also about fifty or sixty more new shows I want to get started on.

Decisions, decisions...

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

You should watch this. I have no doubt this is going to be one of the funniest anime out this season.

I did, the first episode. Not too much of a surprise since I remember reading the Manga a while ago... Waiting for the Paladin. :D

She appeared at the end of the second episode. Just a hint there... I expect her to explode on the beginning of the third. :p

Watched Shinmai Maou no Testament. It started off pretty strong, but the end felt slapdash as hell.

Has anyone else seen Monster musume? I watched the first episode, and I have to say that I like the premise. I just wish they hadn't immediately decided to go "Hey we've got a cool idea! Now lets make an annoyingly generic harem anime with it and re-use all the same old comedy tropes that got old decades ago! Look at the dude get smacked around! Look at the girl drag him into things! Ha ha aren't we funny!" And I'm all like "Can they just sit down and have a serious conversation already? That would actually be interesting."

Has anyone else seen Monster musume? I watched the first episode, and I have to say that I like the premise. I just wish they hadn't immediately decided to go "Hey we've got a cool idea! Now lets make an annoyingly generic harem anime with it and re-use all the same old comedy tropes that got old decades ago! Look at the dude get smacked around! Look at the girl drag him into things! Ha ha aren't we funny!" And I'm all like "Can they just sit down and have a serious conversation already? That would actually be interesting."

It is based on a manga, which is based on a h-doujinshi. So it wasn't just made from nothing.

I just saw the first season of Hariyore Nyarko-san.....

I haven't laughed like that in a while. The sheer insanity of the series is great.

Also the author of Monster Musume took Monster Girl Quest and removed the grimdark stuff.

Yeah, I know where it came from. I just wish he had taken a more serious take on it.

Oddly enough the hentai version was a little more serious.

I've been watching log horizon and dragonball super lately.

Don't know who the fuck black is supposed to be though, so he is rather confusing. Hope they clear that up that guys history instead of having him die in 2 or 3 more episodes.

Anyone interested? Instead of Afro Samurai it's Samurai Yasuke trying to live out life after Nobunaga's assassination as a simple boatman before being found to fight demons or something supernatural you'd expect from Nioh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back