• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Where can I find art exclusively made by chinese or korean web artists, possibly with a working tag system?

6ql4g0f30wv61.png

So a few months back, a local fast food chain closed in my neighborhood. While they cited rising homeless problems as the reason, I was suspicious. While that area definitely has a big homeless problem, it is also the only branch to unionize. It doesn't help that the head of the newly-formed union said this came out of nowhere, and they didn't have that many issues despite the location. I suspect the company was using the homeless as an excuse to shut down the union. Now the company says they are planning on reopening the store, but I live nearby. The homeless situation has not improved. Afaik it may have even worsened. If they really did shut the place down to protect the workers, they should still leave it closed. My take? Closing down the store for the employees in the union to spread out to different stores or find different employment all together. Union successfully busted under the veneer of protecting the employees. As detestable as the company's actions are, I do have to give them credit for their insidiousness giving to the homeless crisis to their advantage

Tried making fried rice on a grill by putting the wok right on the coals. Better than my gas stove, best results I've ever got. Shame I had to break one of our saucers (it fell from stairs) but I guess that's a minor sacrifice .
Just be careful not to burn yourself or the handle.

About the only good thing I know of Jujutsu Kaisen is that it apparently treats women respectfully and doesn't use them as fanservice machines. I would normally have dismissed this as faint praise....but I realized how rare it actually is to have female anime characters that are both useful and not sexually assaulted.

I find that thought very disturbing. Should I perhaps watch it for what it doesn't do rather than what it does? That feels ridiculous, but the realisation genuinely bothered me.

What does following someone on QQ do? Over on SB, I primarily use following to get notifications when someone I follow starts a new thread but that doesn't seem to work here.

What does following someone on QQ do? Over on SB, I primarily use following to get notifications when someone I follow starts a new thread but that doesn't seem to work here.

quoting myself from the last time I saw someone bring this up:

I don't have anybody followed myself so I don't know exactly what it shows, but on the alerts page sidebar there's something labeled "Your News Feed" that has to do with people you follow.

Man, had one of those maybe-dreams maybe-parallel world things just now.

I'd probably been doing travelling of some kind with bags and stuff like phone and tablets and maybe laptop, but I was so out of it.

Blacking out, unable to focus, and trouble moving. First I remember I was in a bus with all the bags, having all the trouble and asking for a friend who I haven't talked to in 9 years. Next thing I realise I'm climbing out of the bus, thinking it was my stop so I get off.

But after blearily looking around I realise it isn't and I'd no clue where I am. So I tell for my friend, but only drunken hollering from strangers comes. So I walk off, and as I'm thinking of sleeping in some back alley I black out again.

This time I wake up in the floor something that made me think of those computer rooms in schools. I still felt all bleary and weird as fuck, but I could hear a Kanata stream in the background and wanted to sleep, so seeing a screen on the floor next to me I reached to the tower beside it and and hit a switch to try and shut it off thinking it was a laptop or something, and I could hear a computer shut off but the stream continued.

Annoyed, I gathered the strength to sit up and realised the kind of room I was in. I also saw my bags strewn about, and what looked like Amane Kanata on the teacher's desktop watching something. But I knew she wasn't streaming since it was coming out of computer speakers. Thinking it was a dream I asked in Japanese if she, Kanata, was okay.

Looking up from the computer she answered back with yes, she's okay, before turning back to the screen. I don't remember if we talked further than that, but next I knew I was lying on a sofa or something at the side of the room with a view of her looking at her. And I was thinking, there's something wrong with this. Kanata's a vtuber, she doesn't dress like her avatar if I somehow did end up meeting her in real life, and there were things she got wrong in the outfit anyway. Maybe I should ask her about kaichou/Coco to see if she's the real thing? But I didn't want to bother, even thinking was a bloody muddled mess of an attempt at thinking, much less actually doing something.

But as I started thinking on it further, I remembered Telegram has the ability to share your location and maybe I should do that with someone because there is absolutely something wrong here and stranger danger sirens were blaring, muted as it was through the haze. Then I thought, some kind of date rape knockout drug? But, nah, I'm less than basic bitch. I don't have looks or money or anything. Except I realised I had at least one tablet in my bags, so maybe things were different?

So I tried to move closer to the door on the sofa, which basically resulted in some dead fish flops and grumbling about getting in a more comfortable position. But I'm guessing she didn't believe it, since next time I focused on her she sitting on the floor in all her glorious off-brand cosplay adjusting some kind of doses with a pipette. I tried to play it off as some bleary sleepy blinking and dozing off again with attempting to look through barely closed eyes, but I guess she saw right through that or something as she just smiled at me as she screwed the pipette-cap back in the bottle and got up.

Last thing I thought of before I woke up in my own bed was, maybe I should have set up the share location thing while I had the chance.

Maybe it's a sign I should watch Kanata more again lol

How do you write on images to make memes? I have a very promising picture from a famous manga. And the template is incredibly versatile.

So on a whim I decided to try this soup I found at the grocery store, flavored with carrot and cumin in an oat milk base.

And my conclusion is... it tastes? Like somehow this blend of ingredients has perfectly canceled each other out so it tastes like I'm drinking nothing, with a vaguely bad aftertaste. Like, my brain literally cannot comprehend a flavor. My tastebuds are drawing a total blank. I can't even call it bland. It doesn't even taste like water. It is a completely empty flavor. My mind and body are like "you are drinking a liquid" but I have absolutely no frame of reference for it.

So on a whim I decided to try this soup I found at the grocery store, flavored with carrot and cumin in an oat milk base.

And my conclusion is... it tastes? Like somehow this blend of ingredients has perfectly canceled each other out so it tastes like I'm drinking nothing, with a vaguely bad aftertaste. Like, my brain literally cannot comprehend a flavor. My tastebuds are drawing a total blank. I can't even call it bland. It doesn't even taste like water. It is a completely empty flavor. My mind and body are like "you are drinking a liquid" but I have absolutely no frame of reference for it.
Weird. What's the soup called?

In high school, I learned how to do textual analysis, and I quite enjoyed it. I wonder how my english teachers would react if they discovered that I used this skill to analyze silly fanfics on webforums.
Reluctantly proud? Considering how much shit textual analysis gets lately, someone actually using it, even as a hobby, would be a positive.

Sounds like a soup-version of poi. Nothing quite like grounded and pasted taro root.

No like seriously, nothing like it. It's just..nothing.

It's like the vantablack of flavors.

How do you write on images to make memes? I have a very promising picture from a famous manga. And the template is incredibly versatile.
Literally any image editing software that exists in the world?

Some are better than others, but all will get that job done. Even MSPaint can do 'put letters here'.
As TanaNari said, any image editing software, like GIMP, Paint.net, and even MS Paint, will probably do the trick.

However, if it's the typical "top text - bottom text" format, with that white-on-black font, there are a few Meme Generators around that could be useful, like imgflip, but they are obviously limited.

Tossing one more on the list, but Paint3D is another option.

It might even come with Windows by default, but I don't recall.

Thinking of doing a fic or quest or something, but I'm still unsure where to start with one on this site since I haven't done either in general in years.

Thinking of doing a fic or quest or something, but I'm still unsure where to start with one on this site since I haven't done either in general in years.
First thing I'd advise is coming up with what you want to write about.

After you have a goal in mind, then you figure out where to start and what course corrections to make.

Nothing brings things together quite like a plan.

First thing I'd advise is coming up with what you want to write about.

After you have a goal in mind, then you figure out where to start and what course corrections to make.

Nothing brings things together quite like a plan.
I mean that goes without saying, doesn't it? Like that's always the first phase.

It is. But I don't know how you'd expect us to help you with the second when you haven't told us what the first happens to be.
Fair. I guess I'm just thinking out loud.

Let me elaborate on part of it. I started writing online in 1998 when I was 9/10 years old. The first writing things I did weren't fanfics or roleplays or whatever, it was interactive fiction sites for fandoms I was into. You read a chapter, you picked a choice. If there was no choice you could add one and write a chapter yourself. Quests are a lot like those things, those Choose Your Own Adventure-type beats. I'm wondering if there's a way it works here or if throwing stuff at the wall is the preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back