• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Merry Christmas to you all! Hope you have a nice couple days.

Merry Christmas!
Hope you got nice presents. Or money, money works too.

Even done something really embarrassing and kinda stupid, and then keep obsessively worrying about it?
Who hasn't? I think I even posted about one of them in the rants thread a day or three ago.

Just let it go, unless it can endanger your interests in the near or far future.

Even done something really embarrassing and kinda stupid, and then keep obsessively worrying about it?
Sometimes I try to fall asleep but remember something I did 12 years ago that was embarrassing and immediately feel like I was found guilty of a warcrime.

These mini-Flashbacks are normal. Everyone has them.

Holy mother of God, I just saw an owl.
I'm going to assume you live in one of the shithole corners of the world where nature is something that happens to other people?

Because where I live, you only get bragging rights for owl encounters if they get within touching distance.

Or eat your pets and/or livestock, and that happens often enough that it's only half credit.

I'm going to assume you live in one of the shithole corners of the world where nature is something that happens to other people?
I wouldn't call it a corner. I live in a major metropolis. But yeah, nature just isn't something I see a lot around here.

...unless rats (both the animal and the bird), cats, and dogs count as wildlife, that is.

You ever get the burning desire to get into a VS debate despite every instinct telling you that it ain't worth it?
Well, I did today, and I really wish it was easier than it is to ignore that feeling.

You ever get the burning desire to get into a VS debate despite every instinct telling you that it ain't worth it?
Well, I did today, and I really wish it was easier than it is to ignore that feeling.
You do realize it's possible to get into a Vs. Debate about whether or not you should get into a Vs. Debate, right? It's a more extreme version of a pros/cons comparison, only with parasocial or emotional investment and/or people being stupid to each other by default.

Vs. debates happen only between me and my brother most of the time. Mostly shit post stuff, like how can XCOM make the GE or the IoM lives miserable as an occupation force of Earth. But goddamn does Death Battle's Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake video left me angry, like I would debate that Fisher should've won against Snake if I had that vs. come up.

Deepfake Morgan Freeman sums up 2023

Fairly accurate for the most part.

I'm starting to think my sleep cycle is extremely unhealthy.

How does it interact with a clogged toilet?
I'm guessing the active ingredient is acid... and I think it wouldn't work so well on that.

I don't have any experimental or academic data on it, but I'd think things that'd already been through your digestive system are somewhat resistant to acid. At best it might dissolve toilet paper if that's the main obstacle, though with the dilution from the water you'd need a lot of it.

I know Dr. Pepper will dissolve a nail in two weeks.

I'm guessing the active ingredient is acid... and I think it wouldn't work so well on that.

I don't have any experimental or academic data on it, but I'd think things that'd already been through your digestive system are somewhat resistant to acid. At best it might dissolve toilet paper if that's the main obstacle, though with the dilution from the water you'd need a lot of it.

I know Dr. Pepper will dissolve a nail in two weeks.

Yeah that makes sense.

But if some asshat dumped bacon grease down the frathouse drain, then some kind of soda might un-clog that slow pipe?

But if some asshat dumped bacon grease down the frathouse drain, then some kind of soda might un-clog that slow pipe?
You'd think that, but no. Organic compounds have a pretty good resilience against acids (as opposed to many metals, which are particularly weak against it).

As noted: humans regularly consume chemicals that will dissolve steel. And plastics will easily contain those same chemicals indefinitely.

Now, granted, once you reach a certain level of intensity, it doesn't really matter anymore...

If you really want to go after organic tissue... use alkalis, not acids. To give you some idea... orange juice is about as acidic as ammonia is alkali.

Get orange juice in your eyes, it's gonna hurt like a bitch. Get ammonia in your eyes and you might go blind.

Our gastric acid is (slightly) more acidic than bleach is alkali. Given enough time, bleach will melt through your skin. Gastric acid... will also melt through skin, it just takes a lot longer...

Meanwhile, battery acid competes with pure concentrate lye. A chemical that has the potential to catch fire on contact with your skin. Not always, but sometimes.

Though once you get the body down to bone, acids get back in the lead for 'body destroying'. Acids are, as noted, better against most metals, including calcium.

If you really want to go after organic tissue... use alkalis, not acids. To give you some idea... orange juice is about as acidic as ammonia is alkali.

Ah, so that's why drain cleaners are usually alkaline.

Pipes survive, organic clogs don't -- which is apparently the opposite of acids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back