• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Does anyone know how many (if any) of the old mining tunnels from old sieges like the siege of Vienna are still around? As in they are a historical site or like a tourist destination or something like that?
Sadly not. The tunnels were all filled back up. The closest thing to it are the catacombs of Vienna, where weapons, supplies, and civilians were sheltered during the siege, many of which are still around, but the Ottoman tunnels are long removed, especially since Vienna has increased in size so much over the centuries, the urban sprawl has long since outgrown the old city walls, even beyond he areas the old Ottoman Siege Camp used to be. So whatever might have been there, has probably been removed in the construcion of new buildings, basements, and infrastructure over the last two centuries or so.

You know what I find pretty hilarious when people make fanfiction and have Patreon or something else, and at the beginning or end of each chapter, I don't own any of these characters. I don't care, but it's interesting that some people think that if it actually went to court or something like that, some couple of words above their work would do anything when they had monetary benefit from others work.

Watching Baki on Netflix right now and the Pickle Saga should be subtitled "Wherein a lot of Tokyo's martial artists discover their hidden vore fetish."

Retsu loses a leg, Katsumi loses an arm and Jack the skin on his jaw

I like there's no save the world plot or revenge plot involved or save other people shit

Just guys fighting for the sake of fighting

Retsu loses a leg, Katsumi loses an arm and Jack the skin on his jaw

I like there's no save the world plot or revenge plot involved or save other people shit

Just guys fighting for the sake of fighting
Also, Katsumi and Retsu were both upset that Pickle didn't eat them whole.

Their internal narration sounded a bit lustful about it all.

Yeah, as I recall Retsu got isekaid in all that as well as being recycled.

Fighting may as well be better than sex to them

It's both pleasure and accomplishment

Did Retsu use boxing in that Isekai adventure? I remember it being said how much of a shame it was that he didn't finish his new taekwondo boxing hybrid

Nice that for all his going on about "4000 years of martial arts" he had trouble with boxing's "200 years"

Even though I am pretty sure boxing is way more ancient than the USA

Did Retsu use boxing in that Isekai adventure? I remember it being said how much of a shame it was that he didn't finish his new taekwondo boxing hybrid
I don't know, I've not gotten around to reading it yet.
Nice that for all his going on about "4000 years of martial arts" he had trouble with boxing's "200 years"

Even though I am pretty sure boxing is way more ancient than the USA
Pugilism is pretty ancient. Evidence of some kind of formalized fist-fighting has been found for as far back as 1600 BCE. Wrestling with striking is far older than that.

I don't know, I've not gotten around to reading it yet.

Pugilism is pretty ancient. Evidence of some kind of formalized fist-fighting has been found for as far back as 1600 BCE. Wrestling with striking is far older than that.

Yeah, but I think before, they had "looser rules"

As in you could do things like put your hand on someone's face before punching the opponent

Which would be illegal today, you're NOT allowed to clinch or grab

You're NOT supposed to do things like punching the back of the head, hit below the belt or hit the kidney either

Whatever variation of martial arts the others are practicing, as well as Retsu, have less rules on what you can hit

Last edited:
Yeah, but I think before, they had "looser rules"

As in you could do things like put your hand on someone's face before punching the opponent

Which would be illegal today, you're NOT allowed to clinch or grab

You're NOT supposed to do things like punching the back of the head, hit below the belt or hit the kidney either

Whatever variation of martial arts the others are practicing, as well as Retsu, have less rules on what you can hit
I mean, yeah. Boxing has evolved a lot from when the Ancient Greek Olympians just went on punching until someone gave up, got knocked out, or died.

I mean, yeah. Boxing has evolved a lot from when the Ancient Greek Olympians just went on punching until someone gave up, got knocked out, or died.

I forgot the name, but on YouTube, there is something kinda close to a real life Kengan Asura/Omega

No deaths, but the floor is concrete, there are barely any rules and somehow it's allowed to be shown on youtube

I felt sick watching it, I could tell it was real blood and I couldn't help but think of permanent brain damage and crippling

It's not just a crazy blood sport, these guys have some actual skill when it comes to fighting

Last edited:
I forgot the name, but on YouTube, there is something kinda close to a real life Kengan Asura/Omega

No deaths, but the floor is concrete, there are barely any rules and somehow it's allowed to be shown on youtube

I felt sick watching it, I could tell it was real blood and I couldn't help but think of permanent brain damage and crippling

It's not just a crazy blood sport, these guys have some actual skill when it comes to fighting
idk if it's the same, but this guy goes into some of those things.

idk if it's the same, but this guy goes into some of those things.

It's a wonder the police haven't been called on any of them

Even Street Beefs should get some Karens on their case

Kinda like race tracks, Street Beefs helps release aggression and competitiveness and dealing with each other's problems before they escalate, remove them you get an increase in dangerous street races….all to satisfy some assholes who moved to a place where they know is next to a race track

Karate and TKD are both actually newer than western boxing. Although, arguably you could say they do carry on some kata and elements from kung fu. Kung fu has a lot of chaff and stuff that isn'treally understood, depending on the style of which there are many.

The very oldest types of martial arts are pretty much all wrestling based. Because wrestling is intuitive. Striking is very much not. The human body is way better at stabbing and throwing and grabbing than it is at punching. Kicking is a little more natural but still nothing in compared to grappling.

I think if you get a couple people together who aren't terribly decent in size and such within a year or so they are going to be kind of decent at it even without much in the way of formal training. And likely there isn't going to be too much short term damage. (Longer term it can be bad for your joints.) Of course with a formalized art you can get a lot better.

And almost every major culture group has some sort of folk wrestling art. Some have something more refined. The exact rules you use can have a big effect. And there are a lot of different styles, but a lot is similar.

The other thing, is Judo especially has changed a lot in just the last 20 years.

--
ALso, I received the most chinese complement from my mother the first thing she says to me on visiting: "Oh you walk like a taller version of your father"

and the only thing I'm thinking 'yeah because my spine hasn't finished contracted yet, thanks'.

Gonna have to be around/with some people who these days just get on my nerves just being there or even hearing them

I guess part of the reason I can't stand them anymore is that years before, I didn't see their true face or really understand how shitty they are

At most before, I just felt bored and depressed around those people….now I just feel actively hateful, well halfway, I just don't want to hang around them anymore. Get bad memories just by being with them.

Funny, I'm almost 28 and am barely mature….then again I don't think I was ever really "raised" beyond long hours of studying and the occasional me just being allowed to decompress….ironically my brothers who got more hedonistic than me and didn't focus too much on school do better than me both work wise, social wise and mentally speaking….less moral qualms than me admittedly, but I'm a coward, they just accept the world for what it is and play the game….I just keep trying to avoid being part of it at all only to be made to stick around because for whatever the reason they want me around even though they they know I hate being there or they try to delude themselves into thinking I like them

How do I regain confidence in myself and ignore other peoples opinions?
Attempt at serious answer. "And then what? How does this affect me?"

Internalise that majority of strangers and/or acquaintances's opinions are essentially irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, online semi-anonymised strangers doubly so. Will other people with said opinions even remember the current incident a week, a month from now?

Understand that every single one of us are all grains of sand, what might feel like a permanent mark of shame - forgotten in a week, if not two days.

Whatever it is you want to do, ask yourself Why and Why Not.
Karate and TKD are both actually newer than western boxing. Although, arguably you could say they do carry on some kata and elements from kung fu. Kung fu has a lot of chaff and stuff that isn'treally understood, depending on the style of which there are many.

The very oldest types of martial arts are pretty much all wrestling based. Because wrestling is intuitive. Striking is very much not. The human body is way better at stabbing and throwing and grabbing than it is at punching. Kicking is a little more natural but still nothing in compared to grappling.

I think if you get a couple people together who aren't terribly decent in size and such within a year or so they are going to be kind of decent at it even without much in the way of formal training. And likely there isn't going to be too much short term damage. (Longer term it can be bad for your joints.) Of course with a formalized art you can get a lot better.

And almost every major culture group has some sort of folk wrestling art. Some have something more refined. The exact rules you use can have a big effect. And there are a lot of different styles, but a lot is similar.
Entertaining thought - the schools of fighting that heavily involve punching must have very eccentric, or masochistic, founders. Considering that punching a hard object, let alone another person, nearly guarantees broken knuckles for absolute beginners.

Some champ consistently trashed their knuckles again and again enough times to formulate an entire art around "hurty handbones".

Attempt at serious answer. "And then what? How does this affect me?"

Internalise that majority of strangers and/or acquaintances's opinions are essentially irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, online semi-anonymised strangers doubly so. Will other people with said opinions even remember the current incident a week, a month from now?

Understand that every single one of us are all grains of sand, what might feel like a permanent mark of shame - forgotten in a week, if not two days.

Whatever it is you want to do, ask yourself Why and Why Not.

Entertaining thought - the schools of fighting that heavily involve punching must have very eccentric, or masochistic, founders. Considering that punching a hard object, let alone another person, nearly guarantees broken knuckles for absolute beginners.

Some champ consistently trashed their knuckles again and again enough times to formulate an entire art around "hurty handbones".
Well people are usually softer than say walls or really hard objects. We do have bones. But are pretty fleshy. And flesh is semi-soft. Still easy to break a knuckle by punching too hard, particularly with weird form. Although, if the amount of padding is light, in a lot of cases they get scrapped up pretty bad if hitting remotely hard, which probably makes outright breaking them less likely.

I am pretty new to boxing though, done more wrestling and a bit of other stuff.

Do Pinhole glasses help fix a guy's eye grade? Or just a temporary substitute to avoid making it worse?

Yeah, I know, no way I would risk driving with it on

But it hurts a lot less while I am using it than regular glasses, I feel less eye strain

Problem is, I am leaning even closer when using my laptop and I can't watch tv or play videogames with it on so well

Do Pinhole glasses help fix a guy's eye grade? Or just a temporary substitute to avoid making it worse?

Yeah, I know, no way I would risk driving with it on

But it hurts a lot less while I am using it than regular glasses, I feel less eye strain

Problem is, I am leaning even closer when using my laptop and I can't watch tv or play videogames with it on so well
I can greatly advocate for getting blue-light-filtering glasses. I got a non-prescription set off of Amazon for about $20.00 USD, and it has served me well.

As to anything non-screen related, well, I just recommend either prescription glasses, or laser eye surgery if you can afford it and qualify.

I can greatly advocate for getting blue-light-filtering glasses. I got a non-prescription set off of Amazon for about $20.00 USD, and it has served me well.

As to anything non-screen related, well, I just recommend either prescription glasses, or laser eye surgery if you can afford it and qualify.

Already have those, my eyes are only hurting, in particularly the right side due to that being my dominant eye and me using my iPhone too long this week

Already have those, my eyes are only hurting, in particularly the right side due to that being my dominant eye and me using my iPhone too long this week
Well, to your original point, I thought pinhole glasses were only really for looking at solar eclipses and similar bright light sources. They won't help with eye strain, screen-based or not. Either you just need to rest your eyes (and maybe use some eye drops) without screens for a time, or it's an actual condition you should see a doctor over.

IRL, has any dude given his wife/girlfriend/crush headpats?
I'd be shocked to find one who hasn't.

Sometimes, they even pat you back.

Occasionally, it goes all the way to scalp massage.

It's basically a human instinct.

Dating back to when we were picking lice off each other. And eating them. Because family can embarrass us from two million years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back