• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Y'know, does anyone know where the multi quotes are stored? Cause I've got no clue and if I where to find it it would probably be filled with nothing but random comments where I've clicked on the wrong button by accident.

Y'know, does anyone know where the multi quotes are stored?
On disk? No damn clue.

But if you want to look at them, if you have quotes saved for later use you'll see a little option on the lower left hand side of the reply box that says 'insert quotes'. Click on that, and it will give you a list of all your currently saved quotes.

Along with an option to remove them if you don't like them there.

Y'know, does anyone know where the multi quotes are stored? Cause I've got no clue and if I where to find it it would probably be filled with nothing but random comments where I've clicked on the wrong button by accident.
libwtk.PNG

The Insert Quotes button.
On mobile it's right of Preview and above More Options, for me at least.

Edit: fuck refreshing pages, yolo, etc.

...if your offspring ended up having two heads, would that count as having a child or children? Both literally and legally.

...if your offspring ended up having two heads, would that count as having a child or children? Both literally and legally.
It's happened so you could probably check case law.

AFAICT the conjoined twins have their own names so they appear to be treated as distinct people.

At the same time, it's not uncommon for doctors to surgically kill one of the two so the other has a better chance of survival... so... there's gotta be at least some legal ambiguity there.

Not sure it needs to be ambiguous in those cases.

When the choice is between (both die) vs. (one lives), I think doctors are ethically able to shorten one life and save another, and in some cases both lives could be considered people at the time of the decision.

Doctors tend to prefer (both live) but the world won't always cooperate.

Not sure it needs to be ambiguous in those cases.
Morally? Perhaps not. Depends on who you ask.

Legally? Oh, they had hoops to jump through. By law 'kill one (innocent) person to save another' rarely sees the judge nod and go along with it. Or even guilty people, most of the time. Else we'd be taking death row inmates apart for their organs.

And by 'we' I mean 'ignoring China again'.

So, yeah... there needs to be a blurring of certain otherwise inalienable rights to make that legally accepted.

Legally? Oh, they had hoops to jump through. By law 'kill one (innocent) person to save another' rarely sees the judge nod and go along with it. Or even guilty people, most of the time. Else we'd be taking death row inmates apart for their organs.
It's telling that, in one notable case - the separation of the Attard twins - all three judges ruled it was legal for three different reasons. Namely, self-defense (the non-viable twin would kill the other), necessity (normally not permitted as a defense to murder, but distinguished because the other twin wasn't viable and therefore not alive), and lack of mens rea (separating them was intended to save one, not kill the other).

While I enjoy the world cup.

I think i'd enjoy it more if it was like Inazume eleven

Is it weird that I'm writing a multi-cross story between one show that was made a person who later became a homophobe and religious fanatic and four other shows that a pro-LGBT and three of those shows feature sympathetic portrayals of demons* and one has Witches as the heroes?

*Though for the sake of my story, the "demons" of the Boiling Isles are more like the Fae folk then actual demons.

Is it weird that I'm writing a multi-cross story between one show that was made a person who later became a homophobe and religious fanatic and four other shows that a pro-LGBT and three of those shows feature sympathetic portrayals of demons* and one has Witches as the heroes?

*Though for the sake of my story, the "demons" of the Boiling Isles are more like the Fae folk then actual demons.
That depends. Does the show that was made by a person who later became a homophobe and religious fanatic have any hint that the creator was going to become a homophobe and religious fanatic and how does the rest of the people involved in making the show think about the creator becoming a homophobe and religious fanatic?

That depends. Does the show that was made by a person who later became a homophobe and religious fanatic have any hint that the creator was going to become a homophobe and religious fanatic and how does the rest of the people involved in making the show think about the creator becoming a homophobe and religious fanatic?

Also does it make either side 1 dimensional charactures with either no redeeming qualities or as absolutely flawless angels?

Coming off reddit, and am I the only one who gets creeped out by how emotional people get over debates on fiction?

And it's not just teens doing that.

Oh, you better believe I will.

*Unzips pants*

*Realizes I wasn't wearing pants*

*Spends the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out what I unzipped*
You unzipped your internal organs.

fetchimage

You are already dead.

I have a joke.

We all know about dry humor, but what about wet humor?

... in youtube, you find crazy things, and I think we've gotten well into peak crazy.

The United States Chemical Safety Board (USCSB) has a youtube channel. [cue Dramatic Chipmunk video] Came across it a while back, and holy shit, is it good. The USCSB has a team that turns their various incident investigation reports into easily digestible, animated videos. No politics, just what happened, what went wrong, and what should be done to fix it. Starts with some bad animated (but still easily digestible) videos but quickly becomes insanely good.

It's good to know that I'm probably cracked now considering that I woke up scared because I thought I had gonorrhea, in the dream, I got it from a hooker and it was depicted as a parasite, was intrusive enough to infiltrate your very genes and was a trypophobic's worst nightmare.

Literally, it wasn't until I searched up the symptoms for IRL gonorrhea that I realized that I was dreaming of that shit lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back