• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Oh, in that case. Here's some guides for The Command Line/Terminal, some Cool Commands. and —
  1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/
  2. https://wiki.gentoo.org/
If you run into a problem and need to troubleshoot or are wondering about a feature then use those wikis (most troubleshoots on those wikis work for all distros). Be sure to bookmark them!

If your more on the privacy-side then give me a DM. I got some resources that I can share.

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot to mention this but don't forget the man, whatis and apropos commands. Along with this

(a crash-course guide to get a general gist of the terminal)

I've come to the realization that despite all my efforts in improving my writing, my recent stuff won't attract the same clout as most of the popular fics because they're not male power fantasies like your gamer, Isekei, catalog, Xianxia, cultivation or whatever fic where the asshole male characters gets a harem of a million girls or something and trounces over the setting.

I've come to the realization that despite all my efforts in improving my writing, my recent stuff won't attract the same clout as most of the popular fics because they're not male power fantasies like your gamer, Isekei, catalog, Xianxia, cultivation or whatever fic where the asshole male characters gets a harem of a million girls or something and trounces over the setting.
Welcome to the club. I'd offer you a t-shirt, but we stopped making them because the slogan wasn't catchy enough.

Welcome to the club. I'd offer you a t-shirt, but we stopped making them because the slogan wasn't catchy enough.
I also suspect it had to do with the sights demographic, that is it skews heavily toward straight males. Like recently for example I saw someone complain on this site that a Marvel story written by a female lesbian (or bi) has the main character be a girl and gay.

I also suspect it had to do with the sights demographic, that is it skews heavily toward straight males. Like recently for example I saw someone complain on this site that a Marvel story written by a female lesbian (or bi) has the main character be a girl and gay.

A straight male not interested in two lesbians getting it on?

Honestly, out of everything so far, this is the thing that I really didn't expect on my 2023 bingo card.

A straight male not interested in two lesbians getting it on?

Honestly, out of everything so far, this is the thing that I really didn't expect on my 2023 bingo card.
Maybe he was complaining that the MC wasn't going to have a harem of women who apparently have that low of self esteem?

Lesbians are cool. Monogamy? Not so much.

Like recently for example I saw someone complain on this site that a Marvel story written by a female lesbian (or bi) has the main character be a girl and gay.
I'd caution against drawing any conclusions from one person having a bizarre as fuck hot take. You can always find one idiot who will defend literally any concept if you look hard enough. Hell, most of the time, they'll find you instead.

Like recently for example I saw someone complain on this site that a Marvel story written by a female lesbian (or bi) has the main character be a girl and gay.
Outlier. As you can guess from the massive fandom yuri fics ŵith Taylor, Tanya, RWBY, etc have.

And at any rate, the "male power fantasy" stories are just the fast food of pop fiction (at present). Don't compete with them.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had emojis IRL? Like, you could add some emotion to enhance your words. That'd be neat imo.

Does anyone know of a good replacement for Windows Media player? Specifically the bit where when you inserted a CD into your PC it would automatically search a large online database to identify the track names and artists. It sure would save a lot of time having to input all that information manually so I can then import it all to my phone

Does anyone know of a good replacement for Windows Media player? Specifically the bit where when you inserted a CD into your PC it would automatically search a large online database to identify the track names and artists. It sure would save a lot of time having to input all that information manually so I can then import it all to my phone
VLC media player is good imo, but I don't know about the specific feature you want.

I have always had a Mac and it has been awhile since I have done it, but iTunes at least used to do that for the large online database that is the iTunes store.

Excellent player, but that's basically all it does.

'Play everything' and 'lightweight as possible' leaves little room for other features.
VLC is the soviet tractor of media players.

When your expensive jeep is stuck in the siberian mud, you want a workhorse soviet tractor to unstuck it.

Same thing here. When your fancy media player can't play your dodgy Police Squad episodes properly, you want VLC to just get the files running.

I was watching this dado asmr video because its a shitpost on the SCP wiki (learn more about dado here yes). Basically, hes a magic drug dealer who creates anomalous businesses, and the asmr video is his latest disaster at making money. I think I get the appeal of asmr now. It is soothing.
Does QQ have a discord?
We have an IRC channel, which kinda similar to discord. But as far as I know, we don't have a discord server.

Goddamn its already halfway through march. Where did the months go?
Yeah, Zues decided it was taking too long to get to swimsuit season, so he pulled some days from each month to speed things up. Now every month only has 30 or 31 days instead of 32. Except February. For some reason, he went with 28 days there (except for every fourth year). Also, days are only 24 hours now. Anyways, this is all retroactive, so you probably won't remember it ever being otherwise. You'll just feel like time is going faster for some reason. (Because it is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back