• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General writing question.

Phobrouis

Making the rounds.
Hello all, Phobrouis here! I've just started my journey of writing and was wondering what you all use as a writing tool. Be it Pages on macOS, Microsoft Word on Windows, or Google Docs! Is there a favourite that you use that I haven't listed here? Do you use any other types of tools to plan out your stories? Tools like Scrivener or World Anvil or even Aeon timeline.

So far I've been using Aeon timeline to plan out my fanfiction, as its timeline feature is really useful for planning around events that happen in the canon storyline and adding my own twist on it. As for writing, I find that Google Docs works pretty well for what I need with its bundle of features that have made writing what have put together really easy.

So yeah, what are your thoughts on this folks?

Notepad and then copy paste desu

Really? Doesn't that make it harder then it'd be otherwise? Notepad's not exactly the best writing program.
All I need is to slap down words onto paper. As it were.

No fancy codes, no fancy fonts, or formatting.

So, why would I need word or openoffice or goggle docs? When I can save the text to a folder and copy and paste the words to some online thingy if need be?

Really? Doesn't that make it harder then it'd be otherwise? Notepad's not exactly the best writing program.

Some writers are planners, others go by the seat of their pants.

Notepad is nice becasue there's nothing to distract you from writing. No settings, no various checks grabbing your attention, no having to resist the urge for using some of the fanicer features and getting off task.

Vomit out that first draft for the chapter and then start using tools.

Some writers are planners, others go by the seat of their pants.

Notepad is nice becasue there's nothing to distract you from writing. No settings, no various checks grabbing your attention, no having to resist the urge for using some of the fanicer features and getting off task.

Vomit out that first draft for the chapter and then start using tools.
Pretty much this.

And not because Tanuki are ancient beasts that started type types back in the ancient era of Windows 98. :4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back