• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

GIANT ROBOT Quest

Just for a reference point, Xicree's vote was based off this guy... (the one on the right. Also one of the classics, ahhhh)

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/vI4NDXJ_zs8[/embed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Locking...

[X] Genderconfused

Link Weapons to Intelligence (Determines Attack)
[X] INT 4

Link Armor to Dexterity (Determines Defense)
[X] DEX 3

Link Technology to WILL (Determines Engineering)
[X] WILL 3

Link Speed to Strength (Determines Movement)
[X] STR 1

So, on the overall, something with quick reaction time that is very precise, but doesn't exactly cover a lot of distance fast. Hmm. I might give you guys a skill to balance that if it becomes an issue...

In any case! Last vote before the game begins, I promise! I just need a good route starting position...

Is our Hero...

[ ] A Gamer? A top contender in the latest Burning PT tournament? Lots of freedom, but not too much resources.

[ ] A Recruit? A freshly enlisted greenhorn? You need to follow orders, but you also get a lot of support.

[ ] Something else? (subject to GM approval)

[X] An experienced pilot... but a troublesome one who gets bounced around commanders cause nobody wants to deal with him(her).

[ ] A Gamer? A top contender in the latest Burning PT tournament? Lots of freedom, but not too much resources.

[ ] A Recruit? A freshly enlisted greenhorn? You need to follow orders, but you also get a lot of support.

Hora Hora!

Can't really decide yet.

[X] A Gamer? A top contender in the latest Burning PT tournament? Lots of freedom, but not too much resources.

Depending on the orders that could be a debilitating drawback. I see being poor at the start as easier to deal with than being under someone's thumb forever.

Eh. While the gamer could sort of explain the Ace of Ace background, it just doesn't feel right. You know?

[X] A Gamer? A top contender in the latest Burning PT tournament? Lots of freedom, but not too much resources.

[X] An experienced pilot... but a troublesome one who gets bounced around commanders cause nobody wants to deal with him(her).
If it's fine with shaderic.

X] A Gamer? A top contender in the latest Burning PT tournament?

And so, the curtain rises...

_________

Your name is GAI DAIGOJI, regardless of what it actually says on your birth certificate.

And you pilot GIANT ROBOTS! Seriously, that's your job, how awesome is that!? Sure, you're also a soldier of the Eldradian Defense Force, which carries it's own burdens and responsibilities, but considering the last time Eldrad went to war was before electricity was even a thing, you're not too worried. And again, you're PAID to pilot GIANT ROBOTS.

Unfortunately, the particular specimen you're making use of right now isn't exactly a top of the line model. Then again, it's a beat up old trainer. It's old, cheap, and about as simple as you can get and still be considered a proper mech. Sure, the LX series had it's day, but that day was about thirty years ago.

But it's reliable old fogey, and one that'll get you through re-certification without any issues.

As you settle into the worn seat and take hold of controls that are probably older then you are, the radio crackles to life.

"Alright, this is going to be live training exercise C-12. Exercise victory conditions are as follows: complete annihilation of all enemy units. Taking sufficient damage to your own unit will cause you to fail. Fail the exercise, and there's four months of remedial training for you at Lichtenstein. You get that? Also, I'm giving you the tactical feed now."

A map flickers to life in the corner of your view screen.

1rdvzk.png

Your own insignia is the red G. The black X's are enemy units. Looks like there's only four bogies this time. And given that these are just AI opponents, they're going to be easy pickings.

You squeeze the controls as the last reactor kicks on, sending a pleasing hum through the entire machine.

You take a breath and say...

[ ] "It's SHOWTIME!"
[ ] "Let's finish this quick."
[ ] Something else?

LX-12

An older unit well past it's prime, it's still a mainstay for training due to how forgiving it is, as well as how easy it is to repair and maintain.

Weapons: 2
Armor: 2
Technology: 2
Speed: 2

Armament: BM-Pistol (Range 2), L-16 Rifle (Range 3)

LINKED STATS
ATTACK: 6 (INT)
DEFENSE: 5 (DEX)
ENGINEERING: 5 (WILL)
MOVEMENT: 3 (STR)

MECH COMBAT SKILL: 3

OVERDRIVE: 01

GM NOTE:
OK, so here's we start breaking new ground again. I've just introduced your first skill, MECH COMBAT. What your stats determine, is how many dice you get to roll. For combat stuff, you'll be rolling against MECH COMBAT. Sure, there's other skills. But for right now, this is the one you need to concerned with.

Anyway, when combat starts, I'll call for an ENGINEERING roll to determine initiative. In this case, you get to roll 5d6. For every three or less, that's a success. More successes is good. More than everyone else, is better. Roll a one, and it explodes. That means you not only get one success, you get to roll that dice again for a try at another.

And as a reminder, you have OVERDRIVE, which is a source of free successes. There's only a finite amount of those though. You get more of them by doing awesome things. Or by getting five successes at once.

Also, if you think I haven't explained everything yet... you're right. This is a combat tutorial. We'll start from the basics, and work our way through, so I can be sure that everyone understands exactly what's going on.

So, anyway. Roll me 5d6.

Right, lets see if I can get this to work

[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 2, 1, 3, 1, 6, total 13[/blockquote]

OK, That worked better then expected, if I'm supposed to roll those exploding dice I'll do that as well, if not ignore these

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Ummm, I'm going to go sit down over here now o_O

Also, shaderic does only the first roll explode or is it any roll of 1?

however I should probably put in a vote

[X] "It's SHOWTIME!"

[X] "It's SHOWTIME!"
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 4, 6, 4, 4, 6, total 24[/blockquote]

... OK, so I'm just going count EC's rolls.

That's 6 successes, with possibility for seventh.

Yeah, you guys go first, and you get an OVERDRIVE point.

So yeah. It's down to what you say when you start charging across the terrain.

OVERDRIVE: 02

[X] "It's SHOWTIME!"

If additional 1s explode,
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Valette-Serafina said:
[X] "It's SHOWTIME!"

If additional 1s explode,
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

HOW MUCH FURTHER WILL IT GO?!

Lets find out

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]
Oh geez.

[X] "These computers aren't any match at all for a real MAN AMONGST MEN!"

Changing my vote.

... Um. I just realized that I can't edit my prior post w/out the tampering tag.
Eh, what the hell.

Eh, its not like the QM hasn't already seen the roll, so its not a big thing ^^

I feel like the entirety of luck for this quest was just consumed on ultimately unnecessary initiative dice explosions. 6 successes was enough to be locked in as first and then it exploded twice more. A 4 layer deep dice explosion is crazy.

[X] "Let's finish this quick."

-[X] "Let's clear them and get on to REAL SUPER ROBOTS!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back