• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Guardian Quest...

Okay last call for votes before I start writing.

[X] Ask about why she needs your help.
[X] If she refuses ask her why she's snooping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Wonder aloud how long this hallucination will last this time.
-[X] I mean really, its even less realistic than the normal ones. A beautiful girl shows up out of the blue and lets you out of your cell for poorly defined reasons? Your subconscious must be slipping.

Alright voting is closed. I'll start writing.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY[/embed]​

As the silence drags on you can't help but glance up at the ceiling of the elevator and sink into your thoughts. Seventy years is a long time to spend in a single room with nobody to talk to, and you find yourself entertaining the scary possibility that this is just another fantasy.

It would make sense. There was a time where days seemed to slip by like minutes. Where you were never sure if what you were seeing was real or not. She came to you there. Begging you to save her. But sometimes she came to blame you for not thinking of another way, and other times to comfort you and say everything would be fine. You were never really sure when she stopped coming, but you wished she still did. Even if she was a lie. And now here you stand, on the way out of your little corner of hell with a beautiful woman standing right beside you, in your underwear no less.

As you stare up at the ceiling and lean back against the back wall you let a small, slightly crazed grin slide onto your face before saying out loud, "I wonder when this one will end."

"When what will end?" Your crazy thoughts are interrupted as Fate overhears you. it seems she had been looking for anything to break the ice and latched on to the first thing she heard.

Her question snaps you out of your mood and you suddenly realize what you said out loud. "Er, nothing! Just something stupid. Don't worry about it!" You say in a panic. Just because it may all be a hallucination doesn't mean you want the pretty lady to know that, you found even hallucinations got offended when you called them on it.

Fate gives you a doubtful look, making you realize that you probably didn't do too good of a job covering your crazy ass, but before anything else can be said you both feel a rumble rush though the elevator, and the rest of the station.

"What was that?" You ask. Already you can hear the sound of explosions further up the shaft and rumbles are coming more frequently.

"I don't know let me check." The blonde Enforcer replies as a small window appears in front of her. "This is Enforcer Harlaown calling the control room, Is anyone there?" For a few moments there's nothing but silence on the other end and then, finally, a voice responds.

"Ah! Miss Harlaown I apologize, but it seems some kind of ship crash landed in the hanger and is releasing Gadget Drones into the facility. They've already spread and are heading for the main servers and the power generators.

Fate gives you a brief look before biting her lip in thought…

[] Offer to help, once you've gotten your things from confiscated belongings.
[] They might be here for you, suggest trying to leave as fast as possible.
[] Write in.

[X] Offer to help, once you've gotten your things from confiscated belongings.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glqDr06kDhI[/embed]​

"What's a Gadget Drone?" You ask, you've never even heard of them before.

"It's a combat device surrounded by an AMF field that makes it rather annoying to attack." Fate replies absently as she worries her lip between her teeth. Clearly she's a bit torn on what to do with you as she doesn't even realize you don't know what an AMf is.

"And an AMF is…," you lead hoping get a response.

"An Anti-magic field." She responds, again, absently as she does something on the floating window.

Huh, well that was a new one. You'd never thought it would be possible to make something like that. But then again apart from some FAR outdated knowledge on illegal device modification you weren't really much of a science type. "well if you could get me to the Confiscated Belongings room I'd be able to retrieve my devices and give you a hand." You say. You're assuming she was torn between leaving you alone and fighting the Gadgets.

As she hears your words Fate stiffens a bit and then turns to look at you a bit hesitantly. You can understand why. She has no reason to trust you, and probably quite a few not to, but her sense of logic is telling her it may be the best option. Finally after a brief moment of silence, only broken by the sound and rumble of explosions, she nods to herself and presses the button for a different floor. Then she swipes her security badge again and presses a different button that sends the elevator up even faster than you thought it could go.

In minutes you find yourself in another narrow corridor, this time it's clean and well maintained. Fate is again on her little window asking for control to unlock the door.

"I know it's against regulations, but I've got an emergency and with the drones attacking we could use all the help we could get." She argues into the window. She gets a reply that you don't quite catch, you're too busy paying attention to the sounds of explosions and fighting. Are they getting closer? You wonder to yourself.

Your thoughts are interrupted when the door in in front of you swishes open and you can see a well lit room filled with all kinds of devices and machines that you have no idea what they do.

"You're going to have to be quick." She tells you a little hurriedly as she glance back at a sound that seems to come from the elevator shaft. "I don't think we have much time."

"Right, I'll be right back." You say distractedly as you wander into the room. It doesn't take you long to find what you're looking for; no proper mage ever really loses their device. You find it at the very back of the room in a box filled with other devices and the like. It's just as you remembered it. A medallion of a dragon taking flight. On it's belly is, what she once told you, the Roman numeral for one, though you have no idea what a Roman was you knew what the one signified. Still your eyes easily catch the the glent of the two blood red gems embedded on the underside of the wings.

"It's been awhile hasn't it Reaver?" A hint of a blood thirsty smile coming to your face. It's feels amazing to be able to smile again.

"Yes." The device on the right responds in a deep, harsh voice.

"And how about you Crimson? You ready for some action?"

"Yes, my master." Replies a sultry voice that could haunt someone in their dreams.

"Excellent." You reply. But before you set up maybe you should think about how you'll go about this. Fate has already told you about the AMF these Drones wield. That means Crimson would be mostly useless. As for Reaver… His Ravager form would probably be for the best. It wasn't too large for the hall and the teeth were non-magical. The berserker could work but then he might get a bit too big…

[] Have Reaver set up in Ravager mode.
[] Have Reaver set up in Berserker mode.
[] Set up in default mode.
[] Write in.

Just a heads up! I'm promoting the Gadget Drones. When they say Anti Magic Field they mean Anti Magic Field. Not conveniently some magic, but not other magic field.

[X] Have Reaver set up in Ravager mode.

[X] Have Reaver set up in Ravager mode.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3kKxyf6b-U[/embed]​

The sound of shearing metal and Fate's shout of warning is all you need to make up your mind. "Reaver, set up Ravager mode now!" You shout over the sound of explosions from the hallway.

"Yes." it replies before you're engulfed in a flash of dull, blood red light. there's a brief sense of weightlessness and when the light fades you find yourself in your old armor, It hasn't changed a bit since you last wore it. Black, slightly baggy, pants made of a durable material that you never bothered to learn the name of with multiple pockets for sticking things in. Above this is a black breastplate that went over a shirt made of some kind of soft material, though it had stood the test of combat time and again. Black, fingerless gloves on your hands, and a coat the color of dried blood that reached down to the black, combat boots that you were suddenly wearing, and finally the medallion that still held Crimson hung around your neck.

It felt good to be in familiar clothes again, but before you can contemplate it too much Reaver appears in your right hand. Normally he takes the size of a short sword long enough to cast doubt on that. Your style is normally used in conjunction with Crimson, but for this fight he has done as ordered and appeared to you in Ravager mode. His normally thin delicate blade has made the final stretch to a proper long sword's length. The blade has widened out and become much thicker, and finally the sharp tip was rounded out. In place of the cutting edge of the sword it had been replaced with series of sharp teeth that could rend through anything. You can still remember the flak you caught from your superiors for the borderline illegal mod, but in the end it saved your life more than one would think.

Another explosion from the hall draws your attention and you glance up just in time to see one of the drones zoom into the room. It stares at you for a short moment before the one of the small lenses in it's face lights up and prepares to fire. Luckily you were already moving the moment it made to attack. There isn't much distance between you and the gadget so it only takes a single lunge to cover the distance.

As you get within reach you mentally flick the switch on Reaver and the metal teeth that replaced the cutting edge scream to life in a blood curdling shriek as you plunge the blade right into the center lens. The Gadget Drone goes dead almost instantly, but you don't stop your momentum driving the thing into the hall beyond and pinning the thing to the floor before you glance up to see what the situation is.

Fate is staring at you with wide eyes, the slashed up ruins of her own opponent lying behind her. She looks even prettier in her black combat uniform and white cape than she did in the Enforcers get up. Her device is a scythe, fairly simple looking at first glance but the metal blade seems to be shimmering, or vibrating, so you guess that's how she made short work of it.

"So…" You draw out another awkward pause. "What next Boss?" You ask.

Fate quickly shakes off her surprise, she seems to have to do that a lot around you, and replies. "The drones are heading for the control room and the power generators. We need to stop them."

You quirk an eyebrow. "So what, we split up?" you ask as you pull Reaver from the destroyed drone.

"Yes, there seems to be something in the computers that the drones want, so we need to stop them from getting it; however, if the power generators are destroyed than this entire station will start to lose orbit and crash into the planet."

"And you trust me not to try and escape?" You ask a little doubtfully.

She gives a small, gentle smile at that, which seems like it's something she does often, before replying. "I can't be certain of course, but trust has to start somewhere Mr. Sornsin, and if we want to stop the drones now would be better than later."

You stare at her a moment in disbelief. Is she for real? You think to yourself. Either way she's got you over a barrel. You may not like that you're stuck here, but it would be a pretty dick move to just abandon these people to die.

What do you?

[] Take the control room.
[] Take the power generators.
[] Write in.

[] Take the control room.
Answers.
How did we live so long? I don't remember the TSAB having trivial life extension.

[X] Take the control room.

Its the side effects of the weird magic that happened to us on our last mission

[X] Take the control room.
Less need to worry about colatersl damage

Were an Enforcer that was present at the detonation of a ridiculously powerful Lost Logia, possibly of pre-Belkan origins. This detonation released a radiation that made our character ungainly, and possibly immortal.

Or at least, he won't die of old age. Lord knows if he just can't die, or what.

The Power Generator going up door its the station, where as the Control Room falling leads to Jail getting his hands on whatever info's stored on the station.

Our character has a literal chain sword, and gives zero fucks as to collateral damage, apparently, given his pinning the Drone to the wall and tearing it apart.

Yeah, I think we should hit the Control Room instead of the Reactor. Fate can save the Reactor, methinks.

[X] Control Room

Our MC has major issues, methinks. 70 years to brood on how you couldn't save your comrades and how you personally killed your commander when relations can be as tight knit as a family can lead to some deep seated issues. Add in the fish out of temporal water and we will be needing a great deal of therapy/Lasers.

[embed=425,349]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Furs535ly94[/embed]​

"I'll take Control." You say after a moment of thought. Obviously the drones are here for whatever is stored in the computer system, if you managed to get your hands on it you would have a bargaining chip when you needed one.

Fate gives you a long stare, as if trying to read your mind, before nodding to herself. "In that case I'll secure the power generators. After all hostiles are destroyed meet me in the hanger."

"Will do boss." You say uncaringly as you walk past her to the elevator shaft. The drones attack had cause the elevator car to fall back down the shaft leaving no other alternative but to fly. Not that you're complaining of course. It's been ages since you've been given the chance to use your magic, and any excuse to do so leaves you almost giddy.

With a brief effort of will flyer fin deploys and shoots you up the shaft. You take care of another two drones on your way up, whoever designed them really should have put cameras in the back, and soon you find yourself in the blown out ruins that was once a control room.

"Damn, how did this happen so fast?" you ask yourself as you look around the destroyed room. It wasn't so long ago that Fate had been talking to these people. Still maybe you could salvage something from one of the computers? It was at that moment that an incoming transmission alert started flashing across the giant wall screen right in front of you…

What do you do.

[] Try to find the info that the drones were looking for. (dice roll)
[] catch up with Fate.
[] Someone's calling, answer the phone.
[] Write in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back