• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Harry Potter & the Shipgirls

Building the Twins a home
Harry Leferts

A pout on their faces, Ume and Sakura glanced at a nearby group of ruins. Kicking a stone, Ume turned towards Akatsuki who had a slight smile on her face. "Why won't you tell us what Harry-San is up to?"

Softly giggling, the purple haired Destroyer scratched her cheek. "Um, well, because it wouldn't be Lady-like to spoil the surprise that Harry-Chan is up to! But you'll really like it, I know!"

Despite her assurances, the two spirits huffed a bit and then crossed their arms. They had been happy when they saw Harry visiting with the Akatsuki sisters accompanying them, but had become confused as the black haired boy had said he had a surprised that needed some time to set up. "We still don't like it or how Harry-San asked us to keep away from the spot he's at. It makes no sense... though we don't mind speaking to you."

Only humming, Akatsuki slowly shrugged with a smile on her face. "That's part of the surprise!" Coming to a stop close to where the wrecked ships were, her smile disappeared a bit. "Um, how are they by the way?"

Glancing at her, the two spirits turned to the flooded drydocks and stood there for a few moments silently. Then they nodded. "They are doing well, though it may be a short time longer before they're free from the darkness and can come into this world as you did. But the rest of the spirits here should be leaving and moving on soon."

With a look around at the spiritual mist, Akatsuki nodded. "I see." Moments later, she waved at the ships. "I can't wait to meet you all!"

Unseen by her, that caused the two spirits to smile. They didn't mention that the spirits of the ships were waving back at Akatsuki though. A half hour later, three after they arrived, Akatsuki suddenly stiffened and they looked over at her in curiosity. "Is something wrong, Akatsuki-San?"

Now grinning, Akatsuki grabbed them both by the hand and began to lead them back to where Harry and the others were. "They're done with the surprise! Come on, they're waiting for us to get there!" Ume and Sakura blinked as they were easily pulled along, giving each other confused glances. When they reached a corner of a ruined building close to where Harry was though, they found said black haired boy there. "Harry-Chan!"

Smiling back at her, Harry waved back at them. "Akatsuki-Chan! Ume-San! Sakura-San! Are you ready for the surprise?"

Very slowly, the two spirits nodded some as they spoke at the same time. "Hai, we're ready for the surprise, Harry-San. Though we don't understand what sort of surprise it may be... Or why you asked for us not to observe you in any way..."

In reply, Harry grinned a bit and put his hands behind his back. "You'll see~" He then looked around the corner and took a deep breath. "Um, this might seem a bit silly, but... do you trust me?" That got him a look from the twins, but they nodded with Harry's grin widening. Walking over, Harry stood between them and looked from one to the other. "I kind of need you both to cover your eyes. But I can lead you over."

Amused, the twins shared a look between them before Ume nodded with a slight bow. "Of course" Placing a hand over her eyes at the same time her sister did the same, she placed the other hand on Harry's shoulder. Much to the boy's surprise, it didn't go through his shoulder and he could just feel a hint of pressure. "Please be careful with us."

On Harry's other side, Sakura also nodded. "We're placing our trust in you, Harry-San."

Moments later, Harry reached up with both hands and placed them on the hands of the twins. They felt cool, but not clammy as he had expected. "Sure. Now... let's walk a bit."

Unknown to Harry, the twins were still communicating with each other as they walked along, though they kept their eyes shut and hand over them. 'What do you think Harry-San has for us, Sakura-Chan?'

The connection between them was practically vibrating as Sakura held back giggles as it would not be proper. 'I don't know, Ume-Chan. But I am so excited! It's been so long since someone made a surprise just for us! In fact... since we were little girls!'

Sakura could feel the same excitement she had building in her twin as they allowed Harry to guide them along. Neither mentioned though that they liked the warmth they felt from both Harry's shoulder and from his hands on theirs though. It was... nice. Finally though, Harry came to a stop and took their hands off his shoulders. They could hear him moving in front of them and waited until he spoke up. "Okay, you can look now!" When they did so, Harry threw his hands up into the air. "Panpakapan!"

For several seconds, the two spirits were quiet as they looked at the painted wooden box in front of them that sort of looked like a large shipping crate. They were about to ask what it was when they noticed it sat on cinder blocks and there was a door and window. Eyes widening, they turned towards Harry who grinned back having been joined by Inazuma, Ikazuchi, and Hibiki. "T-this is... What is this?"

Not insulted in the slightest, Harry walked over and took both their hands in his again as he lead them over. "It's a surprise for both of you." Upon reaching the door, he opened it and stepped inside. "Come on and have a look!"

Curious, they followed him in and their eyes widened with a gasp escaping their lips as they saw what was there. While the former shipping crate was not much larger then a large shed, they had modified the inside. From where they stood, they could see a magical lantern hung from the ceiling. Even though they had been on the island for decades, things had not changed so much that Sakura and Ume did not recognize that the lantern would use the ambient magic to light the small building when it got too dark. And it would do so automatically. But that was not all that was done.

On the small shelf by the window, there was an odd device that had a wire to a black square in front of the window. Also, along one wall there was a bookshelf filled with books. Standing in front of it, Harry gestured at it. "I didn't know what sort of books you might like, so I asked Kongou-Oba and she made some suggestions. There's also some other ones that I thought that you might like to read, like Ruroni Kenshin. Oh!" He then pointed at the device as Sakura and Ume silently stared at him. "That's a radio I bought, had to order it online. It can run off either solar power, like the panel there. Or you can crank the arm there and it'll power it up for several hours at night. So that you can listen to the radio. They became popular with the war."

While he continued explaining about how it could also play CDs and they had gotten the twins some music that they could recognize from the 1920s and 1930s, Harry failed to notice that they had become silent. 'He... He went and did this? For us?'

Finally nodding at some cushions on the floor, Harry smiled and turned. "And those should give you a great spot to sit, though I hope that it won't get too cold in here with the small magic heater." Then his smile fell at seeing the twins hanging their heads, their faces hidden by their hair. "Um... Sakura-San? Ume-San?" Not getting a response, he moved forward a bit and noticed that they were shaking. "D-don't you like it? I thought that you would since I am heading back to school in a few days and can't visit, you'd like something like this..."

To his confusion, Sakura spoke in a very odd tone. "H-how long have you been planning this for, H-Harry-San?"

Unsure, Harry glanced at the door where DesDiv6 were looking in before he cleared his throat. "Um, actually I've been sort of planning it all summer now." Biting his lip, he shuffled a bit. "I-if you don't like it..."

Everything seemed to still for several seconds before the twins raised their heads and revealed their faces. To Harry's shock, both of them had tears streaming from their eyes as both happiness and disbelief warred on their faces, though the tears vanished midair before they touched the floor. "You did this... for us? Spent money and time and effort just so that we... We could have some joy? To not be isolated and alone?"

Completely lost, Harry slowly nodded. "Well... yes? I mean, I can't imagine how things are for you here and I thought that you would like a bit of comfort..."

If anything though, that increased the tears from their eyes and they turned to each other. Silent communication passed between them before next thing Harry knew, they were hugging him tightly. "T-Thank you, Harry-San. Thank you so very much... This... This is the nicest thing that anyone has done for us since we took this burden." Harry could feel them squeezing him as they sobbed. "A-all this and for us..."

Bringing up his arms, Harry hugged them both back. "You're welcome and, well? Why wouldn't I do this? You're friends after all."

When that only made them both sob harder, Harry shot a slightly panicked look at DesDiv6. He only became confused though as they gave him slightly teary smiles back. Eventually though, Hibiki walked in and gently nudged them towards the cushions. "Have a seat, we have some treats to share as a welcome party. And they are very Khorosho."

Only nodding, the twins did so, though they didn't let go of the confused Harry. Less then a minute later, Inazuma set down some plates in front of Sakura and Ume with slices of cake on them as Akatsuki poured some tea into plastic cups. Taking a sip from theirs, the twins gave watery smiles before Sakura spoke up. "I-it's no wonder that it took you so long to do this."

Glancing up at them, Ikazuchi gave a chuckle. "Yeah, it took a bit to set up the anchors." At their confusion, she shook her head. "We dug holes at each corner, places some normal boat anchors with the tops poking out of the ground. The chains are inside the cinderblocks and inside cement with the whole place anchored to them. No storm is going to move this place!"

Quickly nodding, Inazuma smiled at them. "It wasn't no trouble because like Harry-Chan said, you're friends. And stuff like this is what friends do, Nanodesu!"

With a sniffle, Ume and Sakura nodded some as they wiped at their eyes with handkerchiefs given to them by Akatsuki. "It's... nice, having friends."

All they got was smiles and nods from Harry and the others. That night, when they left, after the twins seeing them off, Ume and Sakura entered their home and placed the deadbolt to shut the door and keep it in place. Not that it was needed to keep out the other spirits as none of them would dare do anything to the gift that Sakura and Ume were given, nor would they be able to as the twins would not allow them. Then, following the instructions, they cranked the radio and turned it on as they settled down with a book for the first time in decades.

Happy smiles on their faces and tears prickling at the corners of their eyes as they did so.

The Once and Future Ship 2
Azzaciel

Didn't think I'd have a continuation, did you?

The Once and Future Ship, Part 2

Three days of hunting the local wildlife later, Prydwen had filled her reserves somewhat as well as gathered a small stockpile of timber. Ready to set out on her quest for stolen property, she came again to the shore to travel south for now.

Confident, that from now on it could only get better, she strode onto the waves.

At least she tried, for instead of staying on top of the water her feet sank to the shallow ground beneath. Stopping to look down at the waves breaking against her shins, Prydwen was contemplating why she had lost her ability to ride over the sea like the wind itself.

"Hey!Hey!"

She gave a nod, it was indeed logical for Camelot to exceed her carrying capacity.

"What?!" Snapping her head around to look at the source of the voice on her left shoulder, Prydwen nearly lost her composure upon seeing what looked and felt like some sort of small Fae creature standing on her shoulder giving her a salute.

Walking along what once had been a road through hilly plains, but now more resembled an animal trail through woods, was a good indicator of time's passing even if Prydwen did not know how long ago the battle at Camlann was in relation to now.

Even this thought was merely a distraction from knowing that she housed Fae who claimed to be the souls of her crew and Camelot's inhabitants reborn and in exchange for shelter gave her access to skills they had learned in life. It still sounded ridiculous, friendly Fae, who would ever believe her?

At least they had given her good advice, even if she was looking for the trap that had surely lain within. Searching for the nearest village or town to get more information on this era seemed sensible, doing so wearing a used cloak from one of her sailors to draw less attention? Understandable caution. Taking only coins made of silver instead of Camelot's gold? Paranoid but solid advice.

And so Prydwen found herself to be sitting in some tavern in a town whose name she didn't know waiting for food and listening to the other customers half a week later.

She was still waiting for the Fae's cleverly hidden trap to close itself on her.

While her coinage had been foreign, it had still been silver and as such weighting it and paying like that had worked. She had even received a discount when she had repaired the scale that had tipped slightly more than it should. The owner was a kind man.

Her attention was drawn to the door, where she heard a man outside loudly complain to someone else.

"...ell you Stone, that snake Crumditch has been insufferable ever since getting his hands on 'Merlin's ' staff!"

As he and Stone entered, she saw them with their robes, both brown with deep green trims under hooded overcoats of gray. The one speaking looked to be maybe forty, Stone was harder to pin down since she couldn't see his face.

"It's not like any staff will help him become less incompetent, even more so since we all know he uses a wand like most of us."

Wands were widespread? Did they manage to make workable ones then? While Merlin had one, he had still used staves most of the time since wandcrafting had been in its infancy and it took twice as much time to learn to use a wand. Hmm, it had been pretty new at the time, introduced by some wizard from the mainland sometime during Arthur's reign. Oldwanderer or something had his name been.

"Don't let it get to you Hawker, before the week is over someone will have challenged him over it and then he can't brag anymore." Stone's voice sounded younger than Hawker's."Now get something to eat and drink and let's forget him for today."

"Sure,sure. I just hope it happens soon enough that he can't represent us in the Wizardting games."

Your wish is this Prydwen's command, I shall relieve this Crumditch from 'his' staff. Now I just need to know where I can challenge him.

Her musings were cut short by a servant setting a plate of food in front of her. And so Prydwen performed an admirable first strike against her enemy, forcing him from the field of battle before he had arrived in force.

But he would bide his time to strike when she would let down her guard, relentless in his pursuit of his fight with her. Hunger would return...

AN:
Sadly the particulars of the dreaded Wizardting Games are lost to the annals of history.

But hey its a rule that all great Quests start in a tavern or an inn, so I guess we have that covered right?

Chuunibyo Desdiv 6 (Omake)
sasahara17

If Tenryuu had known that her Chuunibyo tendencies could influence her own children picking them up, she never would have hammed it up so much to spare herself the horror and embarrassment.

Unfortunately, hindsight was always 20-20, and now Tenryuu was forced to sit at a dinner table with her children while trying not to stare at them in open mouthed horror.

"Mother dearest, this dinner you cooked for us tonight is absolutely splendid!" The elegant lady that was Akatsuki praised in a dainty, elegant voice, "I would expect nothing less from a proper lady such as yourself, dear matriarch."

Although those words were of genuine praise, Tenryuu felt like someone had taken a shiv and run it right into her gut. Akatsuki said that without even flubbing her words once. Gone was the childish daughter Tenryuu and so many others loved to tease – in Akatsuki's place was a 'proper' lady who looked like she walked off the set of a European period drama. An actual elegant lady.

Elegant Lady Chunnibyo.

But the insanity didn't end there.

"Borsh is Horosho." Hibiki, or rather 'Verniy' as she was now calling herself, gave her own thumbs up in approval "Is good. Like in Soviet Russia."

Then Hibiki whipped out her personal drinking flask, which she insisted was filled with 'Russian Vodka, from Vladivostok', but which Tenryuu knew definitively to be filled with plain distilled water, and proceeded to drink from it like a fish.

"How uncouth!" Akatsuki put a dainty hand to her cheek and gave a soft, gentle sigh, "Dear sister, must you drink liquor at the table? This is a family dinner, you know."

"Nonsense! Is good Vodka. In Soviet Russia, Real ladies Drink Vodka." Hibiki declared, and then proceeded to drink more of it just to spite her older sister.

"How rude!"

"Ara, Ara, just leave her be Akatsuki-chan," Tatsuta said happily, clearly enjoying this all too much, "She's a Proper Soviet Ship girl and needs Vodka to live. Isn't that right, Verniy-chan?"

"In Soviet Russia, Vodka is Blood." Hibiki confirmed. "Not like Fat Imperialist Capitalist Beer. Is bad for health, not like true Soviet Russia Vodka. Make ship girl strong!"

Tenryuu dropped her forehead onto the table's surface with a thump and let out a groan.

Soviet Russian Chuunibyo.

Where on Earth had Tenryuu gone wrong with raising her kids... other than setting them a really, really bad example, that is?

"Mummph Muffle, Muuuumph, Nanodesu?"

"No, Inazuma, I am okay," Tenryuu said as she raised her head to look at the gas-mask wearing, fire retardant suit wearing ship girl that had come over to her side in concern, "I am just a little tired today."

"Muuuuuuph Muuuuum, Muffle Murmph Murm, Nanodesu!"

"I'm fine Inazuma. Just... pregnant, that's all."

"Mummph, Mu-Muffle Murrrmph Muffle Murrmph, Nanodesu?"

"Um, just don't set anything on fire, okay? That won't be... good for the baby." Tenryuu said, eliciting a happy nod from Inazuma. The youngest Matsuda cheerfully shuffled back to her spot on the table and resumed listening and humming along with her music player.

'Do you believe in Magic' could be clearly heard, even through the headphones.

Pyromaniac Chuunibyo... Nanodesu.

"Mum, this stuff is seriously starting to freak me out," Ikazuchi shuddered, eyes slowly going from sister to sister to see varying degrees of weirdness, "What are we gonna do? The whole family has gone crazy!"

"You're one to talk, Miss Kamina-Re." Tenryuu muttered before she could help herself.

She almost instantly regretted it.

"How can you say that! Who do hell do you think I am!?" Ikazuchi exclaimed, leaping onto the table and thrusting an outstretched index finger heroically into the air.

"Oh, how rude!" Akatsuki tutted.

"Nyet. This is not Horosho." Hibiki grunted.

"Muffle, Nanodesu." Inazuma chimed in.

"Ara, Ara!" Tatsuta said, recording the whole thing on her smartphone.

"My name is Kamina-Re, Re-Class battleship and defector from the Abyssal fleet!" Ikazuchi, declared, her red hooded long coat of her outfit, based off a Re-class but color coordinated to be more eye-catching and capped off with the inclusion a rather fetching pair of sunglasses, fluttered in the non-existent breeze, "My cannons will be the cannons that will pierce the heavens!!!"

Re-Class Gurren-Dan Chuunibyo.

Revina would be proud.

Tenryuu dropped her head into her hands.

All of them.

Damn it, ALL of them were now Chuunibyos... all because they had seen Tenryuu hamming it up and thought it would be a good idea to follow suit.

"Ara, ara, this is all really good fun, right, Tenryuu-chan?" Tatsuta giggled.

Tenryuu could only respond with another, embarrassed groan.

The Once and Future Ship 3
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 3

"It was in the year of 547 that first appeared the tale of a wandering knight who walked the Isle of Britain slaying all beasts in his path, who challenged all he came across. Sources seem divided if it was possible to deflect his challenges with gifts, or if he was a murderer who took all that belonged to those upstanding citizens he killed.

The rumors were confirmed in the year of 573, when a lone knight appeared in front of and challenged the Wizengamot of the Highlands for all of their authentic items once belonging to the great wizard Merlin.

It is unclear what exactly happened that day, but from the year of 574 onwards the highlands had joined the Briton Wizards Gathering, which had until then only been responsible for the southern part of the Isle.

The items that had been the source of this event remain unfound to this day."

- Abraxas Crawfoot, Historian of the Wizard's Council, in his book 'How History really happened' written 1287.

Almost three decades after setting out on her quest, Prydwen felt that she had made good progress. Just yesterday she had acquired one staff and half a wardrobe of Merlin's, while she didn't wish to take the lives of others, she was a shield after all, those obstructionist old coots had it coming. Well look who was a "delusional bedwarmer who doesn't know her place" now.

And it was with thoughts like these, that she made camp for the evening, believing she had struck a great blow for all maidens everywhere. She would not notice till morning that something had changed within her walls.

He walked through the halls of Camelot with determination, for from his conversations with others he knew that there was something to do, something of the utmost importance. It was information that he needed to verify. And so he went onwards, his steps bringing him ever close to the castle gate.

When Prydwen stirred, it was not from the sun striking her face with the fury of a slighted star, but from a small pressure against her chest and a muffled 'eyeyeyey!' from beneath.

As she opened her eyes to take a glance at what had disturbed her slumber, she saw a suddenly still fairy looking up at her from between her breasts.

While she could feel her connection with it, for some reason she could not access whatever skills and knowledge this one had. But she knew that white hair with its rainbow coloration wherever the light would strike and she knew those robes, she had retrieved them just two days ago after all.

Prydwen slowly sat up, scowling at her passenger while her face started to tinge red.
It was when she started to visibly gnash her teeth with rage, that the fairy moved to scramble away from her, he even tried to distract her by giving her a greeting.

"Hey!"

"MERLIIIIIN!"

Alas, it was not to be, and so Prydwen chased him around the camp for some time, knowing that by reviving him she had stuck a great blow to all maidens everywhere.

His salvation came when she fell to an unhonorable sneak attack by her great enemy.

She would in the future hold to the rule of "Even if you wish to rage, wait long enough to finish breakfast."

AN:
26 years of timeskip? This will be pretty normal if I ever want to get close to the happenings of Harry's main story.

I hope I can get across at least the base personality of Prydwen and anyone important to this series.

The Once and Future Ship 4
Azzaciel

Here we go again.

The Once and Future Ship, Part 4

"While many argue how the split actually came about, inspection of all historic evidence suggests that over the course of 500 years magical species all over the world independent of each other choose to become more secluded. This change came about gradually in most cases where first one species would recede from human civilization and then the rest would follow over an extended period of time, most often centuries. Take Greece, where most centaurs left the forests near human settlements and migrated deeper into the wilderness or to new lands altogether.

The case of the British Isles is most curious that while it had the same pattern, it happened earlier and far more rapidly than anywhere else. It was first noticed in the year 587 when sightings of horned lyndworms in the entirety of the Isles was recorded as 'none' the second time in as many years."

- Trumiw Grant in his book 'Origin of the Statute', published 1697.

Prydwen cursed Merlin once again as she was working to pry loose the lyndworm's horn. He wished to modify and strengthen the Wards of her walls? Sure. He made her wear an enchanted robe over her armor so she didn't feel like a great Fae to those who could notice? Acceptable. He talked endlessly about different magics and how to perform them? Everyone wants to learn magic.

But did he really need hundreds of lyndworm horns? He seemed to think so. Merlin had also given her a rather long list of magical reagents he wished to have a stockpile of. When she had questioned why he would need that many things, he had assured her that it was all to teach her magic as fast as possible as well as creating devices that would let her track, say, the biggest piece of a knight's armor if she had even the smallest piece of it.

And so she was pausing her main quest to gather resources to craft and enchant various talismans and to further the magical education Merlin forced on her, even if she liked to solve most her problems with applied swords. Prydwen would still make detours if she heard of someone holding on to her stolen property.

"A exact date of the first ward being laid may never be found, but the prominence and importance of expert warders in Britain rose suddenly and found itself at a since that time not once reached high as a campaign of burglaries swept over the Isles during the years 612 to 621.

It is not known who the culprit was or how many there were or even what their objective was, since in only a small part of the burglaries were valuable items lost. It is suspected by many that the warders themselves performed this crime in order to advertise their skills."

- Duncan Phine in 'Wards and their evolution through the Ages', published 1867.

While the dull brown of her overrobe wasn't a color she favored, it's enchantment did help immensely when trying not be be caught rummaging through other people's houses. Checking the small object in her hand to see if she was on the right floor, Prydwen once more marvelled at what she had accomplished with Merlin's instruction. It's was a flat stone, polished into a circular form with a small gem inlaid into its center. As long as she placed it on a piece of anything, it would shine a light in the direction of the biggest part of the whole.

Sadly it only worked over small distances of at most a day's march. To first get into that range she would have to perform a series of rituals that showed her the right direction, before she could triangulate her goal's rough location.

As she entered the next room, Prydwen's eyes latched onto the armor placed off to one side.

It was what she came here for, even if the greaves and gauntlets were obviously made to match the rest, they gave of a slightly different impression. She reached for Safir's armor and stored it within her armory. Nothing else in this house belonged to her, so it was time to go.

As Prydwen left through a window, she contemplated what strategy she would use against her enemy this evening.

AN:
Hope you all appreciate how I have literally nothing to do right now exept to write.

The Once and Future Ship 5
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 5

"During the 7th and 8th centuries the muggles kept to warring over minor matters, while the Briton Wizards Gathering tried to help all wizards and witches unjustly endangered by these wars.

While there were no major upheavals from internal factions, the roman New Senate of Magic exerted constant pressure on the BWG to once again come under roman rule. This was of course bound to fail in face of unified resistance against outsiders by valiant British citizens.

The infamous 685 London raid was repelled under the leadership of…"

- Hoturic Crumbritche in 'Magical Britain - Mighty through the Ages', written 1492.

With all divinations guiding her view to the mainland, Prydwen could no longer put off figuring out how to make a castle seaworthy. It was possible that stolen property was still out on the Isle, but if so it was always under Wards and for more than two years now she couldn't find anything.

While her studies under Merlin had progressed admirably, she seemed to be unable to fling about fireballs or to strike anything with lightning. Instead her proficiency and talent had arisen in divination, shields of all sorts, and calling forth favorable winds to sail, if it were possible for her to sail.

On top of that it had appeared that her passengers had sorted into camps and started vying for dominance within her halls. It was more things she needed to sort out.

It would possibly be best to make a more permanent residence at some shoreline, to have quick access to the sea in order to test whatever she and Merlin could come up with.

"...resulted in increased numbers of aquatic skilters on fishing boats.

There have also been signs of merfolk migrations leading away from Britain's western coasts. While possible causes could be shifting currents or a scarcity of hunting grounds, nothing conclusive can be determined at this time.

Normally an increase of storms over statistical average in these seas does have no bearing for our responses, but it may have had some influence on the above incidents."

- Yearly report on incidents caused by magical creatures of aquatic nature, presented the Briton Wizards Gathering, 7th sitting of the year 703.

As she walked back onto the shore, Prydwen knew they had managed to make progress, somewhere. Having a water repelling shield cover the entire castle had worked, until her feet had sunken into the muddy seabed and she had trouble getting loose.

Remodeling her outer walls to resemble an ovoid had taken a good 13 years, which had increased her speed while walking in shallow water. But her achievements had not come without setbacks as a castlefull of wet fairys and furniture could attest. Merlin had spent weeks making sure nothing was destroyed in any of the several flash floodings of her halls.

Channeling her frustration into the winds helped relieve stress from time to time, but never long enough as her passengers would sooner or later start quarreling over something new. Prydwen could not even try to mediate most of the time since she was far too deep involved with the Arthur camp of her crew, even if he himself wasn't there.

Entering the outpost she had constructed in front of a cave entrance, she wondered how long it would be this time to think of and then implement a new change to her structure or wards scheme.

AN: Nothing to see here, move along.

Starting Year 2
Harry Leferts

Having gotten changed into her pajamas for the sleepover, Natsumi watched as Harry examined some water he had in a cauldron over a Bunsen burner. "So... tonight is the last night that you'll be here? Huh, Harry-Chan?"

Slowly, Harry nodded some and gave her the best smile that he could. "Yeah, tomorrow I'm heading back to England the day before I head to Hogwarts."

In reply, Natsumi was quiet before she sniffled a little. "I hate this, Harry-Chan. Another year without you being here and... Gah! This sucks."

With a sigh, Harry nodded as he tried his best not to sniffle either. "I know, I feel the same way, Dess. But I got to learn magic and stuff. Besides, I'll be back for holidays too, just like last year! And... And maybe you can visit as well!"

Blinking, Natsumi considered that before turning to the side. "I don't know if I can, Harry-Chan. Um, I'd love to, but..."

Harry only shrugged at that before giving her a smile. "Not a problem, Natsumi-Chan."

Unnoticed by him, Natsumi had bit her lip and was looking down at her hands. 'Sorry, Harry-Chan, I would love to but I'm not sure that I could keep my secret with so many wizards and witches around. And if they found out...' For a brief moment, she had the image of her being grabbed by the Japanese magicals to be placed in a reserve, just like she had been warned about since a little kit. And with her was Haru and the rest of her family. 'I can't risk them.' Then Natsumi internally sighed. 'I wish that the Statute would break soon, so that I don't need to worry about that and... and...'

As she blushed, Harry blinked and frowned a bit. "Is something wrong, Natsumi-Chan? You're looking kind of hot.

If anything though, that caused her blush to deep and her eyes to widen. However, then Natsumi realized what he meant as the room was a little warm due to being late August, not helped by the Bunsen burner which he was now turning off. "N-nah, I'm okay, Harry-Chan." Wanting to change the subject, she coughed and looked to the side where Shiromizu was watching amused. "I have to admit though, you spoil her."

Having hissed, Harry blinked and turned to look at her as poured the steaming water from the cauldron into a large, enamaled wash basin. "Uh, what do you mean by that, Natsumi-Chan?"

Just raising her eyebrow in reply, Natsumi pointingly looked to where he was now running a wash cloth over Shiromizu's body much to the snake's happiness before she slithered into a bucket with the bottom part filled with water. Water that she swished all over herself. "Oh, I don't know, Harry-Chan. Maybe because what you are doing?"

Confused, Harry tilted his head and glanced at Shiromizu who hissed at him. As he tested the water in the wash basin, he frowned. "I'm just giving her a wash."

As he transferred Shiromizu to the basin, Natsumi gave him a disbelieving look before gesturing. "Harry-Chan, you bought her a wash basin just for her to soak in. A wash basin that you hand painted to look good."

Frowning, Harry tilted his head to the side as Shiromizu eased herself into the wash basin with a soft hiss. "{Ah... Now this is lovely..."

Only shrugging, Harry chuckled a bit. "Well, she wanted something to bathe in for her hatching day, so... And I found it for cheap, so why not make it look good?"

Slowly blinking, the kitsune gave him a sigh before pinching her nose. "Harry-Chan, you also gathered up water from one of the hot springs on that island. Water that you just heated and placed in that basin for her to soak in."

Yet again, Harry shrugged. "She says that it's good for her scales and the water is just warm enough for her. Besides, she's shedding a little so it should help with that." He then waved at her, not noticing as she had extended a tail to grab the wash cloth. Moments later, Shiromizu had folded it and placed it upon her head. "And it's not really that big of a deal, especially as we're going back to Hogwarts." That though caused Natsumi to facepalm and grumble to herself, which made Harry tilt his head. "Poi?"

Hissing caused him to turn to Shiromizu who was watching the whole proceedings in high amusement. "{Fufufufufu. Perhaps, Harry, she wishes for you to treat her to something like this? Especially as you are a close and dear friend of hers.}"

For a moment, Harry blinked before raising his eyebrows. "{Wait, seriously? She wants something like that?}" At the bob of her head, Harry tilted his head back to look at the ceiling. "Huh."

Looking between them, Natsumi narrowed her eyes. "What did she just say, Harry-Chan."

In reply, Harry focused back on her. "She said that you want me to treat you to something like her, Natsumi-Chan. I didn't know that." Eyes widening, Natsumi suddenly blushed so much it extended down her neck. Harry nodded as he took that in. 'I guess that Shiromizu is right.'

Unknown to him, Natsumi was blushing for another reason. Mainly for the fact that she suddenly had the image of an older version of her in her fox form being bathed and pampered by a similarly older Harry. Slapping her hands to her cheeks, she scowled at the thoughts in her head. 'Dammit! Dammit! Get out! Gah!' Quickly shaking it off, Natsumi huffed and looked away with a blush still on her cheeks. "I-I don't want something like that, Harry-Chan!" A glance at Shiromizu, who was giving her a snake version of a smirk, caused Natsumi to scowl. 'She's enjoying it far too much.'

Head tilting to the side, Harry frowned. "So... You don't want to visit a hot spring?"

Perking up a bit, Natsumi turned her full attention back onto him. "Wait, you're suggesting a hot spring trip?" After she got a nod, she bit her lip and seriously considered the offer. "I... I wouldn't be against that. But... where? Here in Yokosuka? Or somewhere else like Kinugawa...? They've got some places for cheap with the war going on."

Now grinning, Harry laid back with his hands behind his head. "Nah, I'm thinking that when I come home for either Christmas holidays or for Easter Break that we spend a day at the wizarding side of Bath."

It was now Natsumi's turn to be confused as she tilted her head. "Uh, bath? Why would we want to have a bath on a wizard side when we can just use the normal onsen?"

Roughly a minute passed as Harry stared at her before coughing. "Natsumi-Chan? I, um... mean Bath, England. It's a town with hot springs."

Eyes widening, the kitsune stared in disbelief. "Wait, there's hot springs in England?!" When Harry nodded, she blinked and scratched her cheek. "Huh... I didn't know that. But the wizarding side? I take it that means they're hidden?"

Slowly, Harry nodded some. "Yeah, non-magicals don't know about them, only the non-magical ones. The waters come direct from the spring and apparently there's old magic that prevents any illnesses coming from the water unlike the non-magical side where they used metal piping or something. They're really, really old too, but my family can reserve one of the baths according to what Mum found out from Neville's grandmother." At Natsumi's look, he shrugged. "Apparently a bunch of old families got together and set up protection for the springs. The Potters were one, the Blacks, Bones, Longbottoms, and Abbots were others. Due to that, the oldest section can be reserved by any of them as thanks from the family that takes care of them."

Natsumi considered what she had just been told before slowly nodding. "That... might not be too bad. And there's a family that takes care of them? And how old? Three hundred? Four hundred?"

Only shrugging, Harry frowned. "I guess? Apparently the ones who take care of the springs are Druidesses from the same family. There's always just one and they take care of any needs. When they get too old, they're hand it off to a younger one they've trained in secret." Then Harry glanced as he looked at Shiromizu who was basically a small puddle of happy serpent in her bath. "As for how old? Um... Really old, I guess."

That caused Natsumi to furrow her eyebrows before turning to Harry. "Uh, Harry-Chan? How old is old? I mean... There's a few onsen here in Japan that are hundreds of years old."

With a hum, Harry tilted his head from side to side. "From what Madame Longbottom told us? These ones been in use since the Celts." The curious kitsune was about to comment about how that did not narrow things down when Harry continued and her thoughts screeched to a halt. "And then the Romans made use of them when they invaded, so pretty old. The oldest ones are basically Roman baths."

Very slowly, Natsumi grabbed her cell phone and types furiously as Harry just watched. After a few minutes, she froze before slowly tilting her head back. "Harry-Chan... The Romans invaded England almost two thousand years ago. Are you telling me that you have private access to hot springs that have been in use for almost two thousand years!?"

Grimacing as her voice had become high pitched at the end, Harry wiggled a finger in his ear. "Yes? I mean, wizards and witches have apparently been using them since before the Romans even arrived, so..."

Slightly concerned as Natsumi was now twitching something fierce, Harry was about to ask when Nagato poked her head in. It said something that Shiromizu being in her bath barely registered. "Is something wrong, Harry? I heard shouting from Natsumi-San."

All Harry did was point at the twitching girl. "She's acting a bit wierd because I said maybe I can take her to the hot springs at Bath. You know, the ones that Neville's grandmother told us about and that I can reserve one? I was thinking either the day I come back from Hogwarts for either Christmas or Easter... or the day before I go."

There was a considering look on Nagato's face as she nodded some. "Hmm.... That does sound like a rather wonderful idea. Perhaps make it a family trip and invite Natsumi's family as well?"

Expression brightening, Harry turned towards Natsumi. "Hey, yeah! That sounds great, what do you think, Natsumi-Chan? Think that Haru-San and the others would like to go?" Several moments later though, he blinked and turned back to his adopted mother who looked extremely amused while he ignored the snickers from Shiromizu. "Mum? Why is Natsumi-Chan twitching like that?"

Lips twitching, Nagato only hummed a bit. "I don't really know, Harry. But I wouldn't worry about it too much." Then she shook her head. "Oh, by the way, the others will be here soon enough and I got some snacks made up."

Harry just nodded and gave her thumbs up. "Cool!"

Closing the door behind her, Nagato was internally laughing. 'Now I wonder how Haru will react when told. I'll need to be ready to take a picture...'

As per usual, King's Cross was rather crazy the day that students returned to Hogwarts. Internally, part of Harry was grimacing as he glanced at the clock and noticed that they were running a bit late, not that it was anyone's fault in particular. Him and Ron were at the back of the group catching up some. Upon hearing about what happened, Ron gave a snort. "She reacted like that to talk about the Roman Baths?"

Scratching the back of his head, Harry gave a nod. "Yeah, and Haru-San also reacted in a similar way too. Don't really know why, I mean... Hot springs are great to go to and everything, but still."

Ron just shook his head with a snort. "Bloody crazy, that is. Hot springs are great, but I don't see why they're so into it." The only response from Harry was to shrug when Ron decided to ask something. "By the way, what was with Rose and, er... Haruna, right?" At the nod, he continued. "Right, Haruna. They mentioned something about a mobile home?"

Only chuckling, Harry shook his head. "Haruna-Oba did a lot of work so that she got a lot of leave right now. Kirishima-Oba also took her duty of heading over to America on Convoy escort so Haruna could take a week off with Rose and head up to my family's property to harvest fruit and make preserves. They're going to camp out in one while there." Glancing around, Harry leaned towards Ron. "But between me and you, I think that Kirishima-Oba was more interested in seeing Aunt Washington and Miss Gale again."

For a moment, Ron furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought, even as he saw Hermione pass through the Barrier with her parents, Vanguard, and an old man with a curious expression on his face. "Wait, Washington? I think that Warspite mentioned something about her..." Shaking his head, Ron then shrugged. "It was something about her being lady-like or something."

That got him a nod from Harry as the other Weasleys began to pass through the Barrier. "That sounds about right. Aunt Washington is pretty lady-like and Akatsuki-Chan really looks up to her."

Snorting, Ron shook his head. "Anyways, so Haruna and Rose are going to be harvesting fruit together, huh? Well, I don't see why they would volunteer for it, but whatever. I know that Warspite loves the fruit from our orchard and so does her sisters. Mum likes selling some to the base Warspite lives at for the other shipgirls."

A tap on Harry's shoulder caused him to look up at his mother who was glancing around. "Harry, I'll be going first with the others. Then you and Ron come through, I want to make sure that nothing happens." She then gave a look at the three shipgirls behind Harry. "Naka, Hamakaze, Isokaze... Then you go through behind them."

Naka, who had left her hair down and out of her usual buns as well as in normal civilian clothing gave the Battleship a wink. "No worries about us. We'll make sure that no one gets through on our end and hurts Chibi."

Grinning as Naka ruffled his hair, Harry snickered a bit. "Don't worry, Mum. We'll be right through."

Still frowning, Nagato gave a sigh before turning to the portal to 9 3/4. "I'll see you over there then."

With that, she briskly walked and just before she reached it, a group of people blocked their view. Then they were past revealing that Nagato was gone, which made Naka frown in thought as she glanced at the group that just passed. "Now that is rather neat, I'll admit. And really useful for keeping people from noticing."

After a few seconds, Hamakaze nodded and patted Harry on the shoulder. "Okay, Harry-San. It's clear on the other side so you can go through."

Just nodding, Harry and Ron began to quickly make their way over to the portal. However, instead of going through, they hit a solid wall with a crash and screeching from Hedwig. Within moments, Naka was right there beside them as was Isokaze and Hamakaze. Scowling, the Light Cruiser was gesturing at them. "I told you two to pay attention when we're heading for our trains!" Turning, she shook her head a bit. "Sorry about that folks, you know how little brothers can be."

There were nods and such as people went back to their business. Meanwhile, Isokaze moved until she had her back against the wall and leaned back. Grimacing, all she felt was a solid wall as she shook her head. "What the heck just happened? Is there a timer?"

Confused, Ron shook his head and frowned as he looked at the wall in utter befuddlement. "No, it's always open according to Dad. So I don't know what's going on here."

Eyes narrowed, Hamakaze scanned their surroundings and shook her head. "Nagato-Sama is stating that it's also blocked off from the other side as well. Some of the parents are starting to panic over it and Arthur-San is trying to get the portal working..." She then grimaced. "And they think it might be a few hours before they do so, but they're still putting students on the train."

Groaning, Ron rubbed his face. "Bloody hell, we'll miss the train!" Then he paused and straightened up a bit. "Wait, we can take my Dad's car! We can fly to Hogwarts with it!"
However, he cringed a bit at the raised eyebrow that Naka gave him. Then she shook her head. "No. We'll stay right here until everything is sorted out and find another way to Hogwarts." Spotting some other families who were looking confused at the group standing in front of the portal, she became thoughtful before knocking her fist against the portal. One family, who had three girls with them narrowed their eyes and nodded. Naka noted that the two blondes looked like sisters while the black haired girl must have been a friend or other relative. "There's still some people on this side, so maybe they might come up with something for them that we can use as well."

With a sigh, Harry closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall. "The perfect way to start the school year..."

There were only nods of agreement from the others.

The Once and Future Ship 6
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 6

"The Briton Wizards Gathering met it's end over the years of 765 to 782, as the outside pressure of the then collapsed New Senate of Magic had been the justification to pressure all british wizards and witches into a unified front. As such over those 17 years small groups broke away from the BWG more and more, until all these 'circles' no longer acknowledged the BWG's authority, it would remain this way up to the danish invasions, where a lack of centralised government meant that no concentrated resistance could be brought to bear against the invaders."

- Abraxas Crawfoot, Historian of the Wizard's Council, in his book 'How History really happened' written 1287.

Prydwen felt like it wouldn't be much more until she flooded her halls out of spite.

Mordred quarreled with Arthur's faction, led by Percival, Guinevere tried to mediate between them, Lancelot quarreled at Guinevere for not choosing either his or Arthur's faction, Tristan's faction protected Guinevere's for also being neutral, Mordred was accusing Lancelot of being a traitor for leaving his faction, Merlin was doing his own thing and Guinevere had declared Merlin her enemy on principle for being an enemy to maidens everywhere.

It was madness, and she really needed some respite, which meant leaving her current place of residence and seeing if there was anywhere on the Isle that would allow her to just not care for a few years.

So she spent one month gathering supplies to fight her enemy as well as hiding the gatehouse to her furnished cave. It had helped that some of her crew had been carpenters or masons when she had build it.

She hoped she remembered the way to those springs her liege and his knights had enjoyed at one point, they had told her how it had helped them before. Maybe a miracle would occur and they'd stop feuding when she flooded herself with hot water. Time to march south.

"I am in good health, friend Slythin, and hope the same for you, I had a recent encounter with an interesting traveler looking for warm water springs in our area, while I couldn't help her, it is indeed a marvellous idea. And so I wish to invite you and your family to join me and mine, when we too will hunt for springs of warmth next month.

And I do hope you can convince your wife to bring some of her exquisite pumpkin pies."

- excerpt from a letter from George Gryff to Sebastian Slythin, assumed to be written sometime around 780.

Soaking in the hot water really had helped, even if it had taken time. Under the pressure of Prydwen's silent but certainly wet and hot protests, the factions within her walls had actually sat down and talked with each other while forced to see if she would leave the water within the next decade or not.

The hostesses had been slightly disturbed when she had wished to book their most lavish bath for an entire decade and then asked if they could be convinced to bring her food while she disciplined unruly passengers. They had looked at her like she was a madwoman, a rich madwoman, but a madwoman nonetheless. They had however accepted her gold, and here she was.

Time was moving and Prydwen was already into the fifth year of bathing when the confessions had begun. Mordred had been tired of not being acknowledged by his father, which was expertly exploited by Morgan to push him into rebellion via magical compulsion and apparent support from others (also facilated by Morgan, she wondered how Merlin never noticed and then remembered that he had been busy chasing skirts).

Guinevere and Lancelot's affair came about by Guinevere being a bit too needy for a reigning king to entertain her most of the time, at which point he had come to his close friend Lancelot for help. When this state of affairs became known to the public however, Lancelot claimed it as his own doing to preserve Arthur's honor. All in all the court of her liege seemed to consist of madness. Which could mean the hostesses had been right to think her a madwoman.

AN:
Much madness was had this snip.

Ok this is the 3rd time in a row that my snip started a new page. Maybe it was the Illuminati.

Harry Leferts Omake: "Kids today" (Future)
Harry Leferts Omake: "Kids today"

Have a small omake:

Sitting behind his desk, Harry tried to keep a serious expression on his face. Tried being the keyword and something he was failing at due to the slight upturn of his lips and the twinkle in his eyes. Glancing at the other the two on either side of his son, Harry soon turned his attention back onto his son. "Daisuke, I have to say that I am rather disappointed in you. Your mother and I did give you money to backpack across the world and this happens. In all honesty, I suppose that I should have expected something when you have spent the last three years in Egypt."

Feeling rather small, Daisuke's fox ears pressed against his head and he began to slump in his seat. "Sorry, Tou-San..."

His descent though stopped as Harry sighed. "Honestly, I would have thought that you would at least have been respectful enough to come forward and introduce us as soon as you were dating. Not wait until the last moment before deciding to tie the knot." At the blush on his son's face, Harry smirked as he knew Daisuke caught the double meaning. Turning to the the father of his son's girlfriend, he sighed. "Kids these days, huh?"

There was a rumble of deep laughter before the giant person nodded. "Yes, tell me about it." Said person then turned to his daughter and shook his head. "I suppose that she was afraid that I would have frightened him off."

All Harry did was nod in agreement. "Oh, no doubt. My son was probably thinking the same thing." Seeing the look Daisuke gave him. "Don't give me that look, Daisuke. You know what my love life is like to say the least. I'm the last person to have an issue with this."

Relaxing, Daisuke reached over and took his girlfriend's hand in his. "Sorry, Tou-San. And thanks for being so accepting of Kabe-Chan and I."

However, a moment later he regretted it as Harry smirked. "Don't thank me yet, Dai-Chan. You still need to explain to your Okaa-San about this. And I'm guessing that your girlfriend has to do the same for hers. Then we got your grandmother and the others."

Face pale, Daisuke slumped in his seat as did his girlfriend. "Kill me now?"

All he got was laughter from his soon to be Father-In-Law. "Not for a long time, Pup!" A grin on his face, he held out a massive hand to Harry. "I think that I'm going to like to call you brother, Mister Potter."

Snorting, Harry clasped his hand on the others arm. "Same here, but call me Harry. We're going to be part of the same, strange family after all!"

With a howl of laughter, and a grin on his black furred muzzle, the man nodded as he glanced at his snake headed daughter. "And call me Anubis, please. And Kabechet, don't slouch."

As Harry said the same to his son, all the two fathers got were groans.

There are two unthreadmarked snippets on the previous page (posts 559 and 566).

Looking at the list of authors, I think you forgot my name, unless you're waiting until you get to the stuff with Porta/Ancient Atlantic Gateway Princess?

Looking at the list of authors, I think you forgot my name, unless you're waiting until you get to the stuff with Porta/Ancient Atlantic Gateway Princess?
Done

Please tell me if f*ck up somewhere as it's no hassle to remove a threadmark

and I included the early Captain Drake snips as that was what everyone was working off until either Pinoy or Choco got their hands on the theme there

Daphne Greengrass End of 1st year
mikelima777

Some may wonder about Daphne Greengrass, and her involvement in the story. Here is my idea of what that looks like:

(End of First Year)

Daphne Greengrass sighed in relief as she stepped out of the floo to the foyer, dragging her school trunk. Looking around the cosy room, she breathed deeply, glad to be home. The grandfather clock in one corner of the foyer chimed away. Then, she heard a couple pops as Tilly and Wally, her family's house elves appeared, "Welcome back, Mistress Daphne," Tilly trilled. Daphne smiled at them. Unlike certain families (cough)Malfoy(cough), Daphne's family didn't treat their elves like vermin. As grandfather Paulus once said, "Happy elves don't spill family secrets, or sabotage the beds."

"Hello Tilly and Wally. Can you take this to my room?"

Wally bowed, "At once, Mistress Daphne." Wally quickly took her trunk and popped away with it to her room.

Her mother soon followed through the floo, holding Astoria's hand as the youngest Greengrass babbled endlessly about her day. While Daphne was the quiet, studious one, Astoria was the louder, livelier of the siblings. Then, Daphne heard footsteps down the main staircase, with Astoria rushing past her.

"Father! We're home!"

Daphne heard a grunt as Astoria glomped her father, still talking non-stop. Soon, her father, with Astoria wrapped around him, stepped into the foyer, smiling warmly. Daphne went and hugged her father.

"I missed you, father."

"So did we, Daphne," her mother replied. Her father nodded, "I'm sorry about not picking you up at King's Cross. I had to deal with certain people," he grumbled, muttering under his breath about bureaucrats and ignorant politicians. Daphne heard him though and mentally nodded. Over the years, she had heard his... dissatisfaction with the Ministry repeatedly.

Astoria quickly got bored and ran off to the games room for entertainment. Daphne and her parents went to the sitting room, where Tilly popped in with afternoon tea. Daphne and her parents sat together, enjoying scones and tea before talking about her time at Hogwarts.

"Well, Daphne, you've certainly done well," her father spoke. "Top in your house and among the top students in your year. Well done," he smiled.

Daphne shrugged at that. She wasn't an overachiever by any means, but she had kept up her schoolwork, and avoided getting into trouble.

"I listened to your advice. Don't get caught up in-house rivalries, and stay out of the spotlight. Unlike a certain classmate of mine."

His father sighed, "Ah Yes... Mr Malfoy. You are lucky you didn't have to deal with his father." While Cyrus Greengrass was good with politicking and negotiations, there was always something about Lucius that made Cyrus want to wash his hands after interacting with the senior Malfoy.

"Fortunately, Malfoy was too distracted to notice my own hobbies and activities outside class."

Cyrus ruffled his daughter's hair affectionately, who playfully rolled her eyes despite smiling. Like her mother Evelyn, Daphne was far more affectionate in private. Few of her Slytherin classmates, aside from Tracey, knew that Daphne was helping muggle borns and others who had family coping with the rationing. For a half dozen sickles and two knuts, she provided hampers of produce from her parent's farm to families, supplementing leftovers that students were taking home from the school kitchens. She also sold packets of fertiliser and seeds to students whose families were trying to grow their own food at home. While helping those families, Daphne was also getting a little more pocket change for her own use.

To most wizarding families in Britain, the Greengrass family were the traditional purebloods, with a formal, aristocratic air around them. While they weren't aligned with any faction in the Wizengamot, they were respected for being objective. It had helped that the Greengrass family had dealings with various sides in the past. Being owners of several farms and tree nurseries, the Greengrasses earned a living supplying potions ingredients, food, and magic-compatible wood to families and businesses.

However, while some members of the family went into dubious work, or in the case of Leonard Greengrass, dying disgracefully as a Death Eater in the last war, the Greengrasses generally steered away from risk. The less said about Uncle Nigel and his involvement in the 1992 riots in Montreal, Canada, the better. Risks, like getting caught up when the outside world becomes aware of magic and the abuses of power by ignorant wizards.

The Greengrass family motto was "Survival By Any Means," and now it meant surviving the inevitable collapse of the Statute of Secrecy. If it meant adapting to the outside world and its technology, then so be it. If it meant not voting for further enforcement of the Statue? Fine. If it meant quietly helping the muggles while bending the Statute? Good, plus it might lead to further long-term business once the Statue fell.

Ever since taking headship of the family, Cyrus had seen the writing on the wall for traditional Pureblood ideology and had done what he could to secure his family's future. With the war with the Abyssals, several of his farms were supplying food to Muggleborns and their families, urging them to quietly help their neighbours deal with the rationing. Evelyn, who was talented at Arithmancy and runes, worked with a half-blood expatriate from Japan in making alarms systems to alert families of threats like dementors or other dark creatures, though no one was sure if it could detect Abyssals.

Indeed, there was muggle technology at the Greengrass residences, though all were kept away from public areas of their home, to avoid nosy visitors from the Ministry and comments from prejudiced Purebloods. Cyrus privately chuckled that he may be the first pureblood head to have internet access, not that anyone knew better. Of course, Astoria had taken to the internet perhaps too quickly and was addicted to playing a game called World of Warships.

Cyrus had kept links with the Squibs in the extended family, many of whom had left Britain for greener pastures and better prospects. In contrast to families like the Blacks, who tended to cast out squibs and other undesirables, the Greengrasses kept ties with their squib members, who were their eyes and ears to the outside world. One even joined the Royal Canadian Navy, and it was through that relative that he and his family became aware of the Shipgirls.

"So, Daphne," her father continued, "You wrote that you've met Harry Potter, right?"

Daphne nodded, "I haven't really talked to him, but we are on decent terms." While they rarely spoke to one another, Harry was aware that she wasn't a female Malfoy in personality. "And yes, he apparently got adopted by the battleship Nagato."

Cyrus took out the latest copy of "Janes's Shipgirls," a gift from his Canadian Squib relative, which featured profiles of the shipgirls and their original hull forms. He soon turned to the page on the Battleship Nagato and read. He whistled at the appearance of Nagato, both her human form and ship form. His wife was reading out the battleship's specification, also impressed by Harry's mother.

"I guess he lives in Japan, then," Evelyn remarked.

"At Yokosuka Naval Base," Daphne answered, "he's good friends with alot of shipgirls." Ah yes, all those shipgirls that visited, plus another one that lived closer to home.

Cyrus frowned, "And you said he is the brother of two abyssals?"

Daphne nodded again. "Remember that Abyssal Princess that Uncle Daniel said was recovered in the Aleutians? Apparently she was named "Hoppou" and got adopted by Nagato."

"What about the other one?" Daphne's mother asked.

"I overheard something about her being sister to Hoppou, and thus considering Harry as a brother. I heard rumours that Hagrid was attracted to her."

Daphne's parents thought about that for a moment, then shrugged while trying to avoid imagining Hagrid kissing an Abyssal. Having encountered Hagrid during their Hogwarts years, they weren't surprised that the gameskeeper would be enamoured with a dangerous being.

Daphne then spoke up, "Oh, and I believe one of my classmates is a shipgirl herself."

Her parents looked very interested at that. "Who?" asked her father.

"Hermione Granger, or possibly HMS Hermione Granger," Daphne replied. "She kinda gave it away throughout the year, but very few people noticed the signs." She started to count. "First, when we floated to the castle across the lake, her boat fell behind, like it was carrying something really heavy. Then, I noticed she ate a lot at mealtime. It wasn't all at once like Ronald Weasley, but she ate constantly throughout the feast. Then, I overheard her talking about teaching her fifteen sisters how to ski."

Cyrus quirked an eyebrow, "I'm guessing you kept this to yourself?"

"Of course. It's her choice to tell people she is a shipgirl. Besides, part of me wants to see if Draco is stupid enough to piss her off."

"Language, dear," chided Evelyn.

"But anyways, I felt it's more entertaining to her see try to hide that side of her at school."

Cyrus then asked, "Are you thinking of being open friends with Harry and his companions?"

Daphne shook her head, "Not for now. I think it's better to keep things quiet. I don't need Malfoy mouthing out about house traitors and other nonsense in the dorms. Besides, Harry gets into way too many shenanigans, especially when shipgirls are around," She grimaced. Having some experience on the internet, she learned about memes, as well as anime; needless to say, she was bemused when Harry got several Seventh years to make that... evil rabbit thing. "Especially when he is bored."

Cyrus chuckled at that, remembering some of the stories Daniel mentioned about bored sailors in Canada.

Uncle Nigel Greengrass - Canada
mikelima777

If anyone is wondering what Nigel was doing...

Mrs. Samantha Greengrass was fuming as she paced back and forth in the detention centre, while the Auror on duty looked bemused. The Auror who accompanied Mrs. Greengrass was amused by the situation. A muggleborn, the Auror had grown up watching hockey, and knew how seriously the sport was taken by Canada's muggle population.

Mrs. Greengrass stopped pacing as a familiar face was dragged out by two guards, still inebriated as he stumbled forwards. Nigel Greengrass was dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, stained by beer and some blood

She strode forward looking more like a raging bull. Nigel meanwhile started to realize the trouble he was in, but couldn't get away. She grabbed his jersey and held him firmly.

"Let me get this straight: you're still depressed the Leafs lost to the Kings, so you got drunk watching the Canadiens win the Finals. Then, you apparated to Montreal despite being drunk, where you met some drunk Habs fans and insulted their team. Then, a fight broke out, and that became the riots we saw on the news."

Nigel winced.

"Not so loud!"

Then he winced as his wife dragged him by the ear.

"Okay, mister, you are going to sleep on the couch until I say otherwise. And you are going have to fix the backyard, without Magic! AND SEND AN APOLOGY TO THE WIZARDING MAYOR OF MONTREAL AND THE WIZENGAMOT FOR THIS EMBARASSMENT!!!"

The Aurors simply walked away to do other tasks, all thinking, Nope, nope, I'm not paid enough to listen to this trainwreck!

Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 7

When a hostess had come to tell her that the end of her reserved time would come a week later, Prydwen felt the temptation to extend her stay. It was unfortunate that she was a responsible vassal of her king and that she had progress to achieve to further the path of her quest. To ready herself for the long march home, she requested for provisions to be prepared.

So it was that when she left to return to her emplacement on the western shore, Prydwen was sent off with a promise that an engraving featuring her likeness would be placed within the bath she had used. They had even given her a 'honored customer' certificate and seen her off at their door. And as well wishes of "Come back sometime and spend more!" and "Next time bring some friends along!" came from behind her, Prydwen smiled, knowing there were such nice people in the world.

Even her inhabitants were unified in joy, though she didn't know that it was because they didn't possess the patience of a castle and had had enough of hotsprings for a lifetime instead of being happy to be on the quest again.

While there were still factions within her walls, their positions and principles had shifted somewhat.
Mordred wished to lead his group to show Arthur upon his return, that he had what it took to be worthy of kingship.
Percival was willing to let this state of things be while judging and criticising Mordred's decisions.
Guinevere was seasonally decorating the castle.
Lancelot was arranging tournaments to train soldiers and knights alike.
Tristan was happy that the quarreling would no longer distract Prydwen from her quest.
Merlin was still doing his own thing, while also staying an enemy to all maidens everywhere.

"The next topic I wish to speak about is the great migration of 822, where the western parts of Britain were almost deserted by magical creatures in their entirety. While many suspect a hidden conspiracy by some wizard circle to drive away competitors by way of resource deprivation, it might also have been a natural disaster of great proportions. It's true source may never be determined and in itself is not important, but it was the way this tragedy deprived potion brewers of common ingredients via raising their prices to intolerable levels, that forced them to develop new and cheaper ways to brew replacements for potions that were now unsustainable by the current markets."

- Bartholow Davis in 'Progression of Potions - how scarcity brewed evolution', published 1678.

It was some years of unsuccessful tests later, that Sir Kay remarked on the problem seeming to be that any castle would sink to the bottom of the sea like fruits fell from trees. His proposed solution of just putting Camelot on something that fell upward instead of downward was met with silence, then Merlin stole her shield and locked himself inside his rooms.

Prydwen was notably distressed about losing the Prydwen part of Prydwen/Camelot. Despite Tristan's efforts to console and comfort her, she fell into a slump she only left when her great enemy fell upon her. And if she went on a great hunt with maybe a bit more zeal than necessary, it lifted her mood greatly to imagine her prey as Merlin.

Her renewed stockpile of preserved meat and magical reagents was greater than anytime for the next 100 years.

AN:

Anyone else notice how Prydwen is an irresponsible hypocrite? It's going to keep happening.

The Once and Future Ship 7
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 7

When a hostess had come to tell her that the end of her reserved time would come a week later, Prydwen felt the temptation to extend her stay. It was unfortunate that she was a responsible vassal of her king and that she had progress to achieve to further the path of her quest. To ready herself for the long march home, she requested for provisions to be prepared.

So it was that when she left to return to her emplacement on the western shore, Prydwen was sent off with a promise that an engraving featuring her likeness would be placed within the bath she had used. They had even given her a 'honored customer' certificate and seen her off at their door. And as well wishes of "Come back sometime and spend more!" and "Next time bring some friends along!" came from behind her, Prydwen smiled, knowing there were such nice people in the world.

Even her inhabitants were unified in joy, though she didn't know that it was because they didn't possess the patience of a castle and had had enough of hotsprings for a lifetime instead of being happy to be on the quest again.

While there were still factions within her walls, their positions and principles had shifted somewhat.
Mordred wished to lead his group to show Arthur upon his return, that he had what it took to be worthy of kingship.
Percival was willing to let this state of things be while judging and criticising Mordred's decisions.
Guinevere was seasonally decorating the castle.
Lancelot was arranging tournaments to train soldiers and knights alike.
Tristan was happy that the quarreling would no longer distract Prydwen from her quest.
Merlin was still doing his own thing, while also staying an enemy to all maidens everywhere.

"The next topic I wish to speak about is the great migration of 822, where the western parts of Britain were almost deserted by magical creatures in their entirety. While many suspect a hidden conspiracy by some wizard circle to drive away competitors by way of resource deprivation, it might also have been a natural disaster of great proportions. It's true source may never be determined and in itself is not important, but it was the way this tragedy deprived potion brewers of common ingredients via raising their prices to intolerable levels, that forced them to develop new and cheaper ways to brew replacements for potions that were now unsustainable by the current markets."

- Bartholow Davis in 'Progression of Potions - how scarcity brewed evolution', published 1678.

It was some years of unsuccessful tests later, that Sir Kay remarked on the problem seeming to be that any castle would sink to the bottom of the sea like fruits fell from trees. His proposed solution of just putting Camelot on something that fell upward instead of downward was met with silence, then Merlin stole her shield and locked himself inside his rooms.

Prydwen was notably distressed about losing the Prydwen part of Prydwen/Camelot. Despite Tristan's efforts to console and comfort her, she fell into a slump she only left when her great enemy fell upon her. And if she went on a great hunt with maybe a bit more zeal than necessary, it lifted her mood greatly to imagine her prey as Merlin.

Her renewed stockpile of preserved meat and magical reagents was greater than anytime for the next 100 years.

AN:

Anyone else notice how Prydwen is an irresponsible hypocrite? It's going to keep happening.

Attack on Gale; getting to school
Harry Leferts

Much to various peoples dismay, it took the better part of two hours, and about a half-dozen wizards and witches, to disable whatever spell had blocked access to 9 3/4. By the time that all was said and done, the train had long gone by the time that Nagato had exited back on the Kings Cross section of the Station. Quickly making her way over, she pulled her son into a hug. "I'm glad that you're alright, Harry." As Molly was doing the same beside her, Nagato looked up at Naka who stood there with a slight smirk. "Thank you, Naka, for taking care of them."

Molly also looked up then and gave a nod. "Yes, thank you for that dearie." She then frowned down at her youngest son. "Honestly, Ron! Taking your father's car to Hogwarts? Whatever were you thinking!?"

Embarrassed, Ron looked away with a small huff. "I wasn't actually going to, I was just thinking of ways we could get to school."

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the raised eyebrow that Warspite was giving him and felt his ears burn as he knew she was not fooled in the slightest. However, then the Battleship gave a nod before patting Molly on the back. "I suppose that we should be happy that he only considered it before discarding it, right, Ronald?" At his nod, she continued. "Besides, he was coming up with plans which is something that we should be thankful for."

Frowning, Molly turned her attention onto Warspite. After a moment though, the red haired witch gave a sigh. "I suppose so. But now we need to figure out how to get you two to Hogwarts." Giving it some thought, she turned to where her husband was talking with another Ministry worker. "I suppose that if the Ministry doesn't come up with a way, we could take the Floo."

Due to being turned away, she missed the wince from not just Harry, but also Nagato at that. Clearing her throat, Nagato grabbed Molly's attention. "I'm not too comfortable with that after what happened last time, and especially after what just happened now." Seeing the look on Molly's face though, she shook her head. "But maybe later I can speak to whoever makes the Floo powder? Just to settle some worries."

Much to Nagato's confusion though, Molly gave a chuckle. At the confusion from her and the others, the Weasley Matriarch shook her head. "I'm afraid that's not possible, Nagato. Floo powder is made by Floo Pow here with their headquarters in Diagon. But no one ever answers the door and no one knows anyone who works there. It's also secret how they make it."

Several moments passed as they stared at her with even Warspite seeming to be surprised. Clearing her throat, Isokaze gave Molly a unsure smile. "Um, wait. You mean that no one knows who actually makes it, or how? They've never met or even talked to anyone that makes it?"

With a hum, Molly nodded some. "That's right. You would not believe how many people get hurt trying to make their own Floo powder. Honestly! It's just two Sickles a scoop and all you need to do is send a order through the mail and they'll mail you what you need! And there's never been a shortage, either."

That got her stares, but before they could say anything Arthur walked over and rubbed his hands together with a small grin. "Right then! I got some good news for everyone, apparently someone got in contact with the Ministry and they've sent a number of cars for us all to take to Hogwarts."

Needless to say, the shipgirls shared a look before Nagato turned towards Arthur with a small smile. "So then, I don't suppose that we couldn't go with them? Just to make sure that they're safe?"

Somewhat surprised, Arthur finally chuckled a bit. "I don't think that anyone will have a problem with that, Nagato. Quite the opposite in fact! And as it will give you a chance to get home a bit quicker as well I suppose."

As she nodded, Nagato took up position beside her son as Warspite did the same with Ron as the two boys began to push their carts. As they continued, the other shipgirls fell in much to Arthur's amusement, though Molly only nodded as Haruna took up the back with Rose, and Naka at the front and the Destroyers at either side. She was never going to say no to her son being more protected. While Molly and Arthur hurried on ahead a bit, Naka muttered to low enough for the others to hear. "So... I guess that is a thing with Floo powder..."

Pinching her nose, Nagato gave a small nod. "It makes it less likely for me to use it in the future. Not only do they not know what is in it or how it's made, but no one has ever seen whoever it is that makes it. A complete mystery... I will never understand these people."

Confused, Ron looked between them before looking up at Warspite. "Uh... what's the problem?"

Warspite just gave him a smile as she patted his shoulder. "Just a matter of security, Ronald. Perhaps we're all just a bit paranoid about such things."

Seeing Harry nod in agreement, Ron finally just shrugged. After all, if Warspite said so, then he believed her and that was that. Upon reaching the cars though, Haruna gave a happy gasp. "Look, Rose-Chan! Those are Rolls-Royce Phantoms!"

Eyes wide, the tsukumogami only nodded in astonishment as a man in an emerald, velvet suit got out and opened one of the doors. At another car, a similarly dressed man was helping a muggleborn student with his luggage and getting it into the trunk. "O-oh my! I didn't expect to be riding in such a fine vehicle, Haruna!"

In front of them, Harry scratched his cheek as he listened to the two go on about the cars they were going to use. 'Huh. You know, I wonder how Haruna-Oba and Rose will react when they see the cars in that garage I own?'

Reaching the car, Naka gave a nod as the valet took Harry's luggage and began putting it away alongside Ron's. Poking her head into the car, the Light Cruiser blinked and then smiled widely. "Okay, I am now officially impressed." Still chuckling, she got inside and sat down, partially spawled out over one of the seats. "You know what? Now this is what I call travelling in style. Perfect for an Idol."

With a slight smirk, Nagato shook her head. "Don't get too used to it, Naka."

Meanwhile, Ron helped Warspite into the car not noticing the small blush on her face. However, there was also a pleased smile there as well. "Thank you, Ronald."

As Ron just shrugged, Molly looked on from the side with some pride shown on her face. 'Arthur was right to allow this. Oh Ron, I am so glad that you met her with the man you are becoming.'

Once they were all inside, with the doors shut, they were off to Hogwarts. It didn't take long for the cars to exit London since they were able to fit through spaces that even bicycles found impossible, something that made Isokaze shake her head. "This is amazing. Can you imagine if we could get this on something else? Such as an armored vehicle?"

Slowly, Nagato gave a small nod as she watched Ron doze off and lean against Warspite. "Perhaps, but that doesn't, matter at the moment."

Placing an arm around Ron, Warspite could only smile though she had some redness in her cheeks. "Quite. Let's just enjoy our ride, shall we?"

With a yawn, Harry nodded some as exhaustion began to creep up on him. "Yeah, that sounds good." Blinking, the black haired boy turned to the Destroyer next to him with a small frown. "Um, Hamakaze-Chan? Is it okay if I lean against you."

There was a light dusting of a blush on Hamakaze's cheeks as she nodded. "Of course, Harry-San. I don't mind if you need to do so." Several minutes later though, she pointingly ignored the small grin on Isokaze's face as Harry slept on her shoulder.

Meanwhile, over in Washington, Gale was rubbing her eyes tiredly as Kirishima closed the door to her quarters. "They gone yet?"

Kirishima grimaced a bit before nodding as she adjusted her glasses. "Hai, they're gone and they took those two with them." Eyes softening as she turned her attention onto Gale, Kirishima walked over to her. "How are you doing?"

A humourless chuckle escaped from the woman as she shook her head. "How am I doing? Two idiot wizards just popped into my quarters with plans to drug me in order to make me break up with Wash. All out of some dumb fucking idea that doing so and making Wash think I hated her would make her more likely to listen to them about that piece of shit they call the Statute of Secrecy... If you didn't show up... Fuck!" The Battleship jumped a bit as Gale snarled. "Fuck, fuck, fuck! I am so not fucking okay it's not even funny."

Only nodding, Kirishima walked over to the coffee machine and paused for a moment. Looking between the water in the machine and the coffee, she sighed a bit. "Would you like some tea?"

Looking up, Gale followed her gaze and stared at the machine for several moments. "Great, now I can't be sure that they didn't fuck with anything. Shit... I don't need tea, I need something to get shitfaced on and try to forget this for a while."

Moments later though, she smelt something and looked up to find Kirishima standing in front of her with a cup of tea. "Well then, Gale-San, I think that I can do both."

Just blinking, the woman stared at her before chuckling weakly and taking the offered drink. "Thanks, but I think that I'll have just one. The Admiral is going to want to know what happened and I know that's something that I am not looking forward to."

Watching as Gale took a sip, Kirishima sat down close to her and shifted a bit. "Do..." When Gale turned towards her, the Battleship took a deep breath. "Would you like for me to accompany you? Just in case."

Eyebrows raising some in surprise, Gale gave a thin smile before nodding. "Thanks, I appreciate it and I'll take you up on it." Taking another sip of her drink and feeling herself calm down some, Gale hummed. "You know... I'd like to know some things about what just happened."

In reply, Kirishima glanced away. "Ah, well, if it's about the two hooligans, they'll not going to have a fun time. The American magicals frown deeply on messing with non-magicals and I would not like to be them. Even though what they had planned would have no doubt failed."

Snorting, Gale shook her head. "I only wish that I could believe that."

On the Battleship's face there was just a small smirk. "Well, I do and by my calculations you would have overcome any effects. The Aurors believed much the same thing as the potion they were using works only on those with weak wills to begin with, something that you do not have."

Lips twitching a bit, Gale rolled her eyes. "Sure, what the fuck ever." Sipping a bit more, she let out a sigh. "But not really what I wanted to know, Kirishima." A frown on her face, Gale turned towards Kirishima. "Rather, what the heck were you doing here in the first place that you caught them. Not that I mind, but..."

Much to her bemusement, Kirishima blushed some and coughed. "I... had a bad feeling that something was going to happen to you. So I decided to place a guard and be nearby."

Humming, Gale turned her head towards a nearby window where she could see two of Kirishima's fairies watching her back. "I see. Thank you." Due to both her exhaustion and emotional state, Gale was unable to stop the next words that tumbled out of her mouth. "I guess that a small part of me is surprised that you did so."

Within seconds, the woman cringed as she realized what she had said. Despite knowing already, she looked at Kirishima who was not staring at her with an expression that was a mixture of shock and more then a little bit of hurt. "I... how could you think such a thing of me?"

Quickly, Gale reached over and grabbed the Kongou's arm. "I didn't mean it like that, Kirishima. I mean, fuck..." Looking at the cup, she sighed and drained the rest before setting it aside. "Okay, right now I am a bit messed up. I'm tired, in a state of shock and... fucking hell, I'm scared, Kirishima. I just had my home broken into by two chucklefucks who wanted to mess with my head. Just..."

Expression softening, Kirishima only nodded as she leaned down some. "Take your time, Gale-San."

Taking a deep breath, Gale soon let it out and looked at her directly. "Okay... Kirishima, I'm not stupid. I've seen the looks that you've given Wash and I know for a fact that you care for her as much as I do. Maybe it says something about me, but I don't know if I was in your place that I wouldn't have considered, even for a moment, letting it happen. If only so that I could have a chance myself."

Much to Gale's surprise, Kirishima shook her head and her eyeglasses glinted. "No, I know that you wouldn't have done that, Gale-San. You're too good a person to allow such a thing to happen."

Weakly chuckling, Gale waved her off. "That makes one of us, I guess." A small smile on her face, she shook her head. "So you didn't consider it? At all?"

Blushing, Kirishima shook her head. "No, of course not! I could never do that to Wash-Chan, or to you." Taking her glasses off, she began to clean them as she looked away. "I... have far too much respect for you both and I also care for you..." Suddenly stiffening, Kirishima gave her a smile and put her glasses back on. "Heh, I mean, you are a friend after all."

Slowly, Gale raised an eyebrow. "A friend, huh?" Only shaking her head, Gale sighed. "Heh, thanks I guess. You're a friend as well." Getting to her feet, she walked over to her dresser and began to pull out some clothes. "Anyways, I'm need to get dressed for when I meet with Williams."

Also getting to her feet, Kirishima nodded some even though there was a faint blush on her cheeks. "Of course, I'll leave you to it then, Gale-San."

Just as she was walking past Gale, the woman reached out and grabbed Kirishima's wrist. "Look, uh, Kirishima? Mind waiting just on the other side of the door?"

There was an understanding look in Kirishima's eyes as she nodded. "Of course, no need to even ask."

Unknown to the Battleship, Gale was giving her a look while in her head several pieces began to slide into place. 'I wonder... I suppose that I will be needing to have a talk with Wash when she gets back from patrol.'

The Once and Future Ship, Part 8
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 8

Merlin knew he would in due time regret taking the shield and running off with it, while not saying anything. It was however not now and as such he felt confident that future him could handle it. Sir Kay's idea had merit, but the upwards falling object would also need to be able to withstand the weight of Camelot, which meant that it was imperative to produce it out of the most durable material at hand, and that was whatever metal Prydwen was made out of.

It was most certainly magical in nature, as no normal metal had an undyed color of a deep blue that was found on swords like Excalibur and Arondight or the shield that was Prydwen. While he didn't know how to possibly replicate it yet, Merlin certainly loved a good riddle. He assumed the magical part was of Fae nature, but you could never be too sure with them. For all he knew they could have cribbed the knowledge of how to make this metal from the dwarves or gnomes and then laughed at anyone trying to make it with Fae magic.

Merlin wasn't quite sure how much time had passed, but at least he had made progress. He confirmed the magic in the metal to be Fae based when it's tinge was distinctly the same one he now possessed, even if it was changed somewhat compared to when he had lived. He could also say with surety that the magic was applied before the metal was forged into shape.

The revelation that the creation started by infusing Fae magic into the ore even before smelting it came after extensive testing proved that doing so after smelting failed for all metals except gold. This meant that it had to be some sort of alloy, but there were many possibilities of metals and ratios. Thankfully it wasn't iron based, as the ore had refused to be infused with Fae magic, so he could cross everything related to that off his list.

Progress had halted somewhat when no alloy he tried to make had even slightly different coloration compared to its non magical counterpart. So he looked over his sample and decided that he should probably test if the golden lines on it where important beyond mere decorations, Merlin could admit that it was possible he should have considered this sooner.

Filling the depressions he had carved into his test alloys with infused gold changed the metal's color all right, into black so dark it shined as if it were glowing, he didn't know how something like that could even work, but here it was. The gold had interestingly enough turned a glowing and pulsing red. All in all that test gave off a bad enough feeling, that he had destroyed it without hesitation. When it happened for all his tests, Merlin admitted that this might not be how it was done.

His success came when he made forms that included depressed lines from the beginning and then filled those with gold. Seeing which alloys changed to a blue coloration allowed him to soon enough narrow Prydwen's metal down to some variation of bronze. It didn't take him long until he found the exact ratios he needed to replicate the blue he wanted.

Armed with achieving something great, Merlin left his rooms to rub his genius in the faces of everybody else. The sight he saw after leaving his rooms however forced him to question how much time he had spent on this, that it allowed his apprentice's mind to regress so deep into idiocy. And so he asked Prydwen what she hoped to accomplish by hard boiling the egg of a dragon, a species that hatched it's eggs in blazing flames too hot for most to be even near.

When she 'Ohh!'ed in enlightenment and said that "It seemed like a good idea at the time", he felt something, and while he couldn't describe exactly what he felt, Merlin just knew it was that feeling Arthur gave off after some of his own admittedly bad decisions.

AN:
Prydwen, no!

Uses of Aquamenti
Harry Leferts

At what he was just told, Harry looked up from the book he was reading as Nagato was reading beside him with her arm over his shoulders. "We're nearly there?"

Chuckling, Arthur shut the small window to the driver's area with a small squelch sound being heard from it. "We're about an hour away from Hogwarts, yes." Getting a nod from Nagato, he raised an eyebrow as he watched Harry turn back to his book. "What sort of book are you reading."

Eyes still on the page, Harry smiled a bit. "It's something that my biological Mum left for me. Right now I am looking at a spell she modified for the war called Aguamenti."

It took a few moments, but Arthur winced a bit as he guess what it likely was. "Ah, yes... that spell."

That got him a raised eyebrow from Isokaze from where her and Hamakaze had been talking. "Aguamenti? What sort of spell is that?"

With a sigh, Arthur leaned back and glanced at Molly who shook her head. "Aguamenti is a charm normally taught in NEWT classes. What it does is create a jet of water, somewhat like a Muggle firehose. It's often used to douse fires, especially out of control ones which it was designed to do."

Harry gave a nod as he pushed his reading glasses up his nose. "Yeah, my biological Mum wrote that it was used to extinguish fires set by Death Eaters. But she also used it during fighting."

Now interested, Ron looked up. "Wait, she used in fights? How? I mean, I've seen Mum use it for watering and stuff. And Dad used it to clean the car once when it was really muddy, but still."

Frowning, Warspite hummed as she looked up at the car ceiling from the game of chess that her and Ron were playing. "If it acts like a firehose, then I suppose that it could be used for non-lethal take downs. Use the strength of the water to knock an opponent off their feet and such."

A grimace on his face, Arthur shook his head. "While true, Lily... took it to higher levels." Seeing the interested looks, he sighed a bit. "Now, this is all second hand as I did not see her use said spell myself. Lily was able to do something to the stream. Instead of the normal spray, it came out as a... jet, I suppose. A very thin one that could be as big around as one's finger. Somehow, it was able to drill and carve through obstacles or... even other things." Once more, he shook his head. "Lily once used it on a giant with... rather disturbing results as it bypassed their normal magical resistance."

It was not Nagato's turn to grimace as did other shipgirls at the image they got as they could well imagine what. After a few moments, Naka shook her head. "Is that normal?"

Leaning back, Arthur ignored the looks that Molly was giving him and frowned. "Most wizards and witches, I suppose, lack creativity to use more... mundane spells in such a way, thankfully. But someone who has taken a spell, and mastered it, can manipulate it in ways that can be quite dangerous. There was a Muggleborn who worked as a cleaning lady in the Ministry at the time. One day, the Death Eaters attacked her at her home and she managed to buy enough time for her grandchildren to get out before they killed her. When I arrived though, we discovered she also killed a number of the Death Eaters in return using cleaning charms." At their looks, a shudder ran through him. "Some of them were nothing more then clean robes and masks... and clean, polished bone. She also used Tergeo to suck all the liquid out of others. Inventive... but horrifying."

With a frown, Harry looked down at the book and cleared his throat. "Um, Mr. Weasley? But that version of the spell you mention my biological Mum as using isn't the one listed here."

Only sighing, Arthur nodded slowly. "I was rather afraid of that and would ask that you don't use it until you are much more experienced."

Eyes narrowing, Nagato looked between them and frowned. "What sort of spell is it? Harry?"

Shifting a bit, the black haired boy scratched the back of his neck. "Um, she was able to find a way to spray more then water from her wand? Such as... er..." At the raised eyebrow, he chuckled weakly. "Jet fuel she used to spray down Inferi with? With my Dad hitting them after with an explosive charm or firestarting one?"

For several moments there was utter silence before every shipgirl there winced. Even Ron flinched a bit as he had an idea how bad that would be. "Mate? Your birth Mum was bloody insane."

All Harry did though was shrug as Warspite flicked Ron in the ear while chiding him for his language. "Yeah, but kind of cool I guess."

Meanwhile, Nagato was taking a few breaths to calm herself. She wasn't about to take away said books as they were one of the few connections he had with his birth mother, but she was going to lay down some ground rules. Such as waiting until he was older, hopefully much older, before doing so. Another was to never, ever let Inazuma even see said spell if she could, somehow, learn magic. Mainly because she did not want to deal with Tenryuu afterwards.

The snake portion of her body coiled around into a seat, Shiromizu smiled a bit at Natsumi who kept shifting and muttering. Currently in her normal form, Natsumi's ears kept twitching as did her tail while glancing at the owl box on the floor of Harry's room. "You know that Harry said that he was going to send you a letter as soon as he got to Hogwarts. And Harry never breaks promises like that."

Frowning, Natsumi gave a small glare at the lamia-like being across from her before huffing. "I know, I know. But still. I just want to make sure that Harry-Chan got to Hogwarts okay."

With a small hum, Shiromizu took a drink of her tea (while internally frowning as it was nothing compared to Rose's tea) before moving her piece on the Backgammon Board. "I'm sure that he did make it just fine, Natsumi-San. Harry will be perfectly alright."

Eyes narrowing a bit, Natsumi huffed. "Considering last year? And what's already happened? I think that I have every right to be worried."

Slowly, the snake woman nodded some. "Hmm... I suppose that you do have a point, Natsumi-San. But I trust my Otouto to get through anything that comes his way. Even this, and so should you."

That got her an odd look from Natsumi who shook her head as she rolled her dice. "You have no idea how wierd it is that you see him as a Otouto."

Chuckling, Shiromizu smiled softly with a warm look in her eyes. "Perhaps, but then is it so unexpected? Harry has taken care of me for so long, gifted me so much in the years that I've known him. He is my best friend in the world outside my Onee-Sama back where I was born, but like her, he's more then that. Far more, because somehow he's become the Otouto that I've always wanted."

Interested, Natsumi leaned against one closed fist as she watched Shiromizu make her move. "You really do believe that, don't you? That's... wow."

Shiromizu paused for a moment and then shrugged. "There was really only two ways that things could have gone. Unless..." Looking up, there was a twinkle in Shiromizu's eyes. "You would rather that I fell in love with him as a woman does a man?"

Much to her amusement, a scowl crossed Natsumi's face before the kitsune glared at her and snarked a bit. "No, thank you. Though I think that you wouldn't be much of a rival."

With a smirk, Shiromizu placed one hand on her chest in a gesture that had no need for explanation. "Oh, I don't know about that, Natsumi-San. I feel like I could be far... bigger, a rival then you might expect if things had gone that way." At the scowl growing, she laughed a bit. "But you don't need to worry about that from me. I'm not in the least bit interested in him besides the normal way a Onee-San would be."

Expression softening, Natsumi sighed. "I suppose so... And you did prove it last year with the whole..."

As Natsumi waved around a hand, it was now Shiromizu's turn to scowl. "And trust me, next time we meet this 'Voldemort' will regret threatening Harry far more then he has. Because that time, I won't let him escape." Eyes now hard and cold as rubies. Shiromizu hissed in a way which made a shiver go down Natsumi's back. "No one harms him and gets away with it, no one."

Holding up her hands, Natsumi gave a nod. "Agreed. Just calm down a bit, after all that is why Oba-Chan is training the both of us. So that we can stand beside Harry-Chan when the day comes."

Slowly relaxing as asked, Shiromizu nodded some. "Of course, pardon me." A number of more minutes passed before the snake woman noticed that Natsumi was once more glancing towards the owl box and smirked. "You know..." She waited until the twelve year old across from her looked up. "You could just shift to your fox form one of these times. Then you could go through there and cuddle up to him, Harry wouldn't mind a furry little cuddlebuddy after all."

Face now completely red, Natsumi sputtered at the images that ran through her mind. "You... He... That is..."

Grinning, Shiromizu's eyes seemed to glow in amusement. "Of course, that is assuming that you don't just sneak through and then get back before he wakes up. All in the hopes that he does not notice a rather lovely fox keeping an eye on him. Or snuggling up to him in his bed in the cold nights of the Scottish Highlands, keeping him warm..." By now, the blush had spread past Natsumi's face and down her neck. Shiromizu was sure that if she could see it, it likely was turning into a full body one. "My, my, I only meant as friends. You wouldn't happen to be having... naughty thoughts, about poor, sweet, pure Harry-Chan? Then again, you are at that age I suppose that one starts having such thoughts and so it should be expected. Yet another thing for his Onee-Sama to protect him from."

Only sputtering and stuttering, it took a bit before Natsumi could respond. Which involved her pointing a shaking finger at Shiromizu. "Ero-Hebi!"

In reply, all Shiromizu did was shake her head before smirking. "My, my, what is the saying in English? 'I Think that the Lady doth protest too much'?" Getting more sputters, she pulled out a fan from somewhere and flipped it open to hide much of her face. "Fufufufufu."

The Once and Future Ship, Part 9
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 9

For reasons Prydwen honestly couldn't name, she felt that Merlin had no right to lecture her about needing some sort of responsible caretaker for times he wouldn't be able to watch over her. And so he had claimed that it was time to find her a familiar that could keep her 'trouble-making nature' in check, at this point Guinevere chimed in and demanded that it had to be a fitting companion for a lady, like a cat or something. Lancelot allied with Percival and argued that it had to be a mount to ride into battle or a helper for the hunt, like a dog or something. Merlin however advised her to make it something magical with enough of a mind to help her in rituals and to search for reagents, like an elder beast or something.

Prydwen herself didn't know where to look for something that could possibly be a compromise all of them would accept, and as such decided that she would travel the Isle in search for a familiar that would let her shut Merlin up at will, even if she fully expected to be disappointed in regards to this.

As she considered the cowering creature in front of her, Prydwen decided that despite Guinevere's wishes she would not make a cait sith into a familiar. It was a Fae after all and thus incredibly untrustworthy. When she preempted Lancelot that no, she would also not look for cu sith, she could feel his lowered spirits. Oh well, it was merely half a year yet, and she had already searched the south in its entirety, so she turned northward and continued her search.

Behind her the shivering Fae cat wondered why a daughter of the Great one was walking the land instead of riding the waves. The most disturbing thing in this encounter had been when she shifted her eyes between him and the piece of grilled meat in her hands in a contemplating manner. Yes, best to forget this ever happened.

It was in a forest clearing in an enclosed valley, that Prydwen encountered her future familiar. It was a majestic beast with pristine fur the color of fresh snow, with a lush mane and a voluminous tail that flew in the wind like the banner of a great king, with black eyes that spoke of wisdom, claws that showed its nature as a hunter. It rested on the body of the dragon it had slayn, guarding it's prey with vigilance against any that would claim its prize.

While it's size may limit its usefulness as a mount, it had the elegance Guinevere asked for, the grace of a hunter Lancelot and Percival had sought, the intelligence it used to consider her clearly marking it as a beast of great mind and magic, and as such Merlin could not claim it wasn't fit to be his apprentice's familiar. As a bonus it was also some sort of cat...dog...rabbit...thing.

And so she laid out her desire, her quest, and the rewards the beast could receive if it followed her as her familiar. Merlin was kind enough to translate for her until she would bond with the beast, so that she could hear it's answers and it's demands. When it challenged her to a contest of strength, she obliged it.

And so they battled, it was a fight of legends, of myth made manifest, lasting for 3 days and nights, during which both combatants would be covered in an ever increasing number of cuts and bruises. It was truly a shame, that no traveling bardsman witnessed what happened in this struggle of wills. And as the fourth dawn peeked over the horizon, they came under attack by a third party, and over the ensuing battle against her recurring enemy, they made a pact. The beast would travel with her for a time, so that it could judge her to be worthy to become it's master, and in recognition of the strength she had shown in their battle, it would take the title of 'Beast of the Fourth Dawn' or 'Fou'.

And so it was, that when Prydwen left with her new companion riding on her head, that for the first time in time immemorial, peace would come to the Valley of Caerbannog.

AN:
Yes, I went there.

Edit: Fou from Fate/Grand Order
Spoiler
failedtoload

Dumbledore Damage Control
Harry Leferts

The first thing that Harry was aware of was a shaking before he finally woke up with a massive yawn. For a few moments he blinked and then frowned a bit as he noticed who was there. "Hermione? What the heck are you doing here? Why?"

Not even stopping once she saw he was sitting up, Hermione hurried over to Ron's bed and started waking the red head up. "No time, you two need to get up and now! Harry, you know the password to the Headmaster's office, right?"

Slowly, Harry nodded as he rolled out of bed and closed his bed's curtains as he pulled in his clothes to get changed. "Yeah, I do. Mum visited him last night and I was with her... But what does that have to do with anything?"

Finally, Ron woke up and sat up with a grunt. "Okay, I'm up, I'm up. What;s the big deal?"

Moments later, he got his pants thrown into his face by Hermione. "Ron, we need to get to the Headmaster's office , now. Something happened and he needs to know. So does your dad, like right now... If neither of them know and I don't think that they'll have been told yet."

That caught both Harry's and Ron's attention and within a few minutes, the two of them were outside the tower and heading towards the Headmaster's office. Having noticed the nervous look on Hermione's face, Harry felt something settle in his stomach. "What happened and how bad?"

Chewing her lip, Hermione took a moment before she answered. "You both know how I'm a shipgirl, right?" After they nodded, she continued. "I also have radio which means that I can contact other shipgirls even from Hogwarts. And... I just got news of something that happened."

Harry raised an eyebrow and nodded as he crossed his arms. "The Light Cruiser Chat Network, right?" Seeing the look he got from her, Harry gave a snort. "I know more then I let on, Hermione. And gossip travels through that network at faster then light speeds."

Just frowning, Hermione grimaced and her next words caused Harry and Ron to stare in disbelief. "There was an attack on a USN military member by some wizards that targetted her specifically. Mainly because she was involved with a shipgirl, so..."

Eyes widening, Harry began to hurry up. "Okay, screw this. We got to get to Dumbledore yesterday! Hopefully he's awake."

It was only minutes later that they reached the Headmaster's office and gave the password. They were about to knock when Dumbledore's voice called out. "Come in." Opening the door, the three students blinked as they were greeted with not just Dumbledore, but the Heads of the Houses. A small smile on his face, Dumbledore leaned forward. "Is something wrong?"

Glancing between them, Harry cleared his throat. "Um, Headmaster? Something happened that you really should know about. I'll probably be getting word in a bit myself but..."

Only raising an eyebrow, Snape gave him a piercing look as his voice was rather dry. "And I suppose that you felt that this... information... was important enough that the Headmaster must listen to it? Or to interrupt a meeting to give it."

Unfazed, Harry just nodded. "Yes, Professor, it is that important. Especially as it's going to be a huge problem."

Snape glanced at Albus and huffed a bit as his expression turned grave. But the Headmaster nodded and Ron raised a hand. "Um, Headmaster? I need to use the Floo as Dad needs to know this too, right now."

That, if anything, told Dumbledore that he was not going to like what he was about to hear. Nodding, he gestured at the small container of Floo powder and Ron took a pinch before tossing it in and putting his head into the flames. He pulled his head out and, several minutes later, Arthur Weasley stepped through and gave a nod to Dumbledore. "Albus, good morning to you."

In reply, Dumbledore gave a nod and then frowned. "I wish that I could say the same, Arthur. But I am afraid that whatever has happened will make sure that it isn't." He then turned his attention onto the three students. "Now then, what seems to be the issue."

Stepping forward, Hermione took a deep breath and then released it. "As I'm sure that you know, I'm a shipgirl, a Natural Born one." While Arthur seemed surprised, he soon relaxed as he noticed how the others reacted. "I've... gotten information from the others over the wireless and it's not good. Victory would have been here, but being as she's among the best experts the Royal Navy has on magic, she was needed elsewhere and we really needed to pass this on."

With a snort, Snape leaned back in the chair. "I must say, Miss Granger, you should be a politician. Never have I heard a student say so much and yet so little."

Blinking, Hermione then shook her head and dropped the bombshell. "Sorry, it's just... Right, the problem is that some wizards targeted a member of the United States Navy due to her relationship with a shipgirl. And, well, the other navies are not reacting well."

For several moments there was utter silence as even the portraits were now staring at her. Finally, Dumbledore took off his glasses and sighed as he pinched his nose. "I was afraid of this happening at some point with someone involved with shipgirls. May I ask what occurred, Miss Granger?"

Unknown to Hermione, she was unconsciously standing at attention which was followed by Harry. Ron though was more at ease as the bushy haired shipgirl began. "I can't give names, but the woman in question is dating a USN Battleship. Apparently the wizards in question were going to, among other things, douse her in potions to manipulate her into breaking up with said Battleship. Mainly in a way to cause distress and then they were going to approach the Battleship and try and convince her to follow the rules of the Statute."

Closing his eyes, Arthur hissed. "Those bloody, fucking morons. I know that the Americans are more obsessed with secrecy then we are, but that..."

Meanwhile, Dumbledore kept his gaze on Hermione. "Did they manage it?"

They relaxed a bit as Hermione shook her head only to groan with her next words. "No, but they were caught in her quarters with her there. It was a rather close thing."

Rubbing the side of his head, Arthur softly sighed. "It's too early for this, but at least it wasn't worse." It was then he spotted the wince and felt the floor drop out from beneath him metaphorically. "How..."

Only rubbing her arm, Hermione took a deep breath. "There's rumors that one of them, the Battleship or the woman, are pregnant with the other's child. I don't know the truth, but..."

Dumbledore frowned in thought before humming. "I was unaware such a thing was possible. There are potions that can allow for such, but I doubt that they were used here." At the surprised looks he got from the three students, he chuckled. "They were created originally to help those couples unable to conceive through normal ways. It was discovered though that they also allowed for such things as two witches to have a child together." That only got Dumbledore small nods before he turned towards Harry. "Mister Potter, if I am allowed to know, what sort of reactions might I be seeing from your home?"

Scratching his head, Harry frowned as he considered what he could tell before finally shrugging. "There's going to be a lot more security for a while and anyone you send will likely get watched. I think that those more knowledgable would set something up, so, um... best not try to sneak in or surprise anyone there by showing up unannounced. Not that it would have been a good idea anyways."

The Headmaster considered that for a few moments before turning to the teachers with a grave expression. "I'm afraid that I need to end our meeting here. There's much that needs to be done at the moment."

All Fillius did was wave him off. "Not a problem, Headmaster. We have the schdules all sorted out after all and that was the major thing."

Nodding, Sprout gave a small smile to her old friend. "As Fillius said, we're done as it were. We can talk more at the next staff meeting."

Both of them then got up as Albus turned to McGonagall with a sigh. "I hate to do this with such short notice, but I shall need you to handle affairs here at Hogwarts until further notice, Minerva. As I am unsure how long it may take, I may be in and out for some time in the near future. Severus, I may need to consult with you about possible potions that were used." Getting nods, he stood up and frowned. "Arthur, I need you to get in contact with Amelia and inform her of what happened. She will not be pleased I am sure. Meanwhile, I shall be getting in contact with a few people I know in both the Wizengamot and the ICW. Some will be of help in making sure this does not happen here in Britain and the other will be needed on the international level. We need to make sure that nothing exacerbates the situation on our side until everything settles."

Knowing that they were also dismissed, Ron cleared his throat. "Um, well... sorry about you know, dropping this on you."

However, they were waved off by Arthur who sighed. "Much better that we know now, before the news breaks publically. At least we have time to put together a response. Ron, please remind your brothers to keep an eye on Ginny. She's been rather distant recently."

That got him a nod and soon Harry and them were walking back to the tower. Running his hand through his hair, Harry shook his head. "Bloody heck, this is beyond a screw up."

Snorting, Ron shook his head. "Mate, you don't know the half of it. I'd be surprised if heads are not going to roll over this." When Harry shook his head though, Ron blinked. "What? You know something that I don't?"

Just grimacing, Harry sighed. "Yeah... I think that I do." Turning towards Hermione, the Light Cruiser was surprised about Harry's next words. "The woman they attacked... it was Miss Gale, wasn't it?"

Eyes wide, Hermione nodded. "That is the word. But how did you know?"

Rolling his eyes, Harry began to tick off on his fingers. "There's few people dating USN Battleships who are also in the USN. Even fewer are women... in fact I think that Gale is the only one. And it's no secret that everyone has been expecting one of them to get a keel laid in their slipway at some point." At the surprise, he shrugged with a small smirk. "Call me 'Sherlock Holmes', Watson."

That got him a poke from Hermione as Ron was racking his brain trying to figure out what Harry was getting at. "So, um, how bad?"

Harry turned to him and grimaced."Kirishima-Oba likes them both, which means that Kongou-Oba, Hiei-Oba, and Haruna-Oba are also going to be getting involved somehow. Then you have how Aunt Washington is sort of a half-sister I think to the Iowa sisters... or was that the South Dakota sisters?" Tilting his head to the side for a moment, Harry shook his head. "Anyways, this is beyond messed up."

Chewing her lip, Hermione narrowed her eyes as she glared down at the floor. "That's putting it mildly. This is not going to be settled for months."

There were nods from the two boys beside her before they became silent, each with their own thoughts.

Herbology
Harry Leferts

Breakfast between the three was rather quiet as each one thought over what had happened. Even when McGonagall gave them their schdules, they only nodded to her before heading to Herbology first period, though Ron did have a quiet word with Ginny. However, he only got a shrug from her in return. None of the three noticed how Ginny was watching Harry as they left though. Walking across the lawn towards the greenhouses, Ron ran his fingers through his hair. "So, uh... that happened. I'm not about to see black helicopters or something around here, am I Hermione?"

Understanding it was a joke, even if there was an undertone of worry, Hermione gave a thin smile. "Sorry, Ron. That's not about to happen." She pretended not to see the relief that flowed through him at her answer. It was then that Hermione spotted something and raised her eyebrows. "There's Professor Sprout."

Within moments, they were at the greenhouse with the plump teacher smiling at the gathered Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. There was some unease there, but she wasn't letting it bother her any as she chuckled. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Let me say that it is a pleasure that I am your first lesson for the year." Opening the door, she gestured for them to enter the warm, humid greenhouse. "Now, come on, don't be shy."

Not having been in this greenhouse before, Harry looked around in interest. Then Professor Sprout began to speak and Harry listened intently. And not just because he was interested in gardening, but also because he knew that more then a few magical plants were extremely dangerous. Especially to the unwary. What he did not expect though was what the subject was. 'Mandrakes?'

At the front of the class, Sprout nodded some at what Hermione just stated. "Miss Granger is quite right. The cry of the actual mandrakes can be quite deadly, though these are currently too young to do much more then knock you out for a few hours. When you would wake up though, you would have the worst headaches of your life. And it would be best if you did not miss your first day back." Clapping her hands, she then gestured towards the earmuffs off to one side. "Now then, each of you need to take one of these..."

Part of Harry was amused that he got a pair of bright pink, fluffy ones and hung them around his neck as he continued to look at the deep trays with had small, spiky shaped leaves sticking out of the soil. 'Do they actually look like what they do in the book? Because that would be weird.'

Having finished her explanation, Sprout then nodded. "Okay everyone, put on your earmuffs now and make sure that they are secured!"

Quickly, Harry did exactly that and blinked as suddenly all sound just vanished from around him. A total absence of sound which made him blink for a moment and he couldn't help the thought that maybe he should get a pair for Jane as she had told him that Arizona had started to teach her the basics of shooting. If he could, he would definitely get her the hot pink, fuzzy ones.

Meanwhile, he if had looked, he would have seen Hermione's fairies slam all doors and windows on her shut. And just in time as Sprout picked up one of the plants and pulled it out to reveal what looked like the ugliest baby that one ever saw. Then Harry noticed that the fingers and toes were enlongated into roots and blinked. 'Huh, so that's a mandrake?'

Sprout though brought it over to a pot and quickly buried it into the soil as eveyone took mental notes before checking. That done, she gave them all a thumbs up and then took off her earmuffs. Once they had them off, she smiled and cleared her throat. "Now then, we'll first prepare the pots for the transplants. Those are them right over there along with the dragon compost. And do be careful about the Venomous Tentacula, it's teething."

With that, she gave a sharp smack to a spiky, dark red plant that was sneaking a tendril over her shoulder. Quickly shaking off any thoughts in regards to that, Harry turned his attention to what needed to be done. Something not helped as a Hufflepuff boy that he recognized, but didn't know the name of joined him, Hermione, and Ron at their tray. Grinning widely, he held out a hand. "Justin Finch-Fletchley. Know who you are, of course, the famous Harry Potter." Then he tilted his head towards Hermione and then Ron. "I also know about you, Hermione Granger. Top of our year in marks and you're Ron Weasley. Your father is in the Ministry, right?"

Glancing at Harry, Ron slowly nodded as he shook the offered hand. "Um, yeah, he works in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office."

Only nodding, Justin began working a bit. "Quite, heard all about it from Susan Bones. She's a fellow Hufflepuff you know and her Aunt is the head of the Department of Law Enforcement. Pretty important all said."

Harry narrowed his eyes as he caught Susan Bones, who was within earshot, twitch at her name being mentioned. 'Right, so this is one of those people then. Somehow, I don't see him getting along with her.'

Now smiling, Justin was shaking his head. "Also, your mother is an impressive woman, Harry. Did you know that? And also rather well highly regarded." He didn't notice Harry twitch at that though both Ron and Hermione did before Justin went on about Lockhart. "... I was originally down for Eton, you know. But I am rather glad that I came here in the end. Mother was slightly disappointed you know, but ever since she read some of Professor Lockhart's books she's begun to see how useful a fully trained wizard in the family could be. And it helps that your own mother sent you here as we're sure that you would be in some exclusive school otherwise."

Yet again, Harry twitched and it he had to call upon years of experience of dealing with the children of various politicians and high level corporate types at various events not to show his annoyance. Especially as he knew his mother's opinion of said "Exclusive schools", there being a very good reason why he was just going to the on-base school like the other children. Then an idea struck him and he internally smirked a bit. "You know, I got to wonder..."

Blinking, Justin frowned some. "Wonder what?"

In reply, Harry pointed at the dragon dung compost they were using. "If this stuff is good for gardens, then I have to wonder about unicorn dung. Is it just as good? Because if so then maybe I can ship some back to Japan for Haru-San to use around the Shrine for the various plants."

Lips twitching as she caught on, especially due to the befuddlement on Justin's face, Hermione hummed. "Maybe? You would need to look it up in regards to laws, I would suppose. But it may be something to look at, I guess."

Slowly nodding, Harry shrugged a bit. "Might do that anyways."

Not much more talking took place as soon they needed to use their earmuffs again as it was time to transplant the Mandrakes. Something that Harry was still weirded out by. Mainly due to how they didn't like being taken out of the soil. And yet, at the same time, did not want to be put back in. Harry had to avoid being kicked or punched by their sharp little hands and legs, or bitten as they gnashed their teeth. Eventually though, it was done and the class broke up for the next lesson of the day, which was transfiguration. Looking down at the beetle on his desk, Harry frowned as he tried to keep track of it. "Do you ever wonder if they know?"

Glancing at him, Hermione frowned a bit. "Know what?"

All Harry did was point at the beetle. "That they're about to be turned into buttons? Do they feel anything when it happens? Do they even remember it?"

Somewhat bemused, Hermione transifigured her beetle into a shiny button and got a nod from McGonagall and some points. Then, once the Professor moved on, Hermione continued their conversation. "I don't think that they can remember it, Harry. After all, they're buttons."

Looking up from his own beetle, Ron nodded some. "She's right, Mate. They can't remember anything."

With a snort, Harry shook his head. "And neither should a tea pot, but Rose can remember everything in her long life. So who is to say that a beetle can't?"

That caused both Hermione and Ron to pause for a moment before they blinked. Then Hermione furrowed her eyebrows as she thought back to when she was a ship and frowned. "That's... I would say that it is not quite the same thing, but I don't know if I can."

Simply shrugging, Harry turned back to the beetle and waved his wand, the insect turning silvery. On Ron's other side, Neville, who had been following the conversation, scratched his head. "It would be pretty wierd though, when you think about it. I mean, Gran has some stories about transfiguration accidents and needing to be be turned back. Stuff like the wizards and witches not really remembering what happened and such."

Interested, Hermione frowned a little bit. "I read something about that... Is it because the brain is unable to handle everything anymore, or some other reason?" Getting shrugs, Hermione shook her head and then turned to helping Harry and the others with the lesson. By the end of the class, Harry and Ron both managed to turn their beetles into buttons and back. Neville meanwhile only got his to look like a metallic beetle. Then it was off to lunch and, after, their first DADA class of the year.

DADA Class
Harry Leferts

Leaning back as he watched Hermione flipping through a small binder, Harry raised an eyebrow. "Something wrong, Hermione?"

Very slowly, the bushy haired witch turned to him and pointed at it. "What... the heck... is this, Harry? Seriously, what am I reading here?"

Now grinning, Harry snickered a bit. "Pure and utter brilliance! That's what it is." He nodded with a hum. "I'm just thankful that I managed to print it off before the original was lost when the forum first crashed. Someone else did, but it just was not the same, especially the comments."

Once more, Hermione turned back to the binder and frowned as she flipped through it. "Harry? This an analysis of the Battle of Denmark Strait. And the way it is written is... well..."

Neville frowned a bit before looking between them. "Battle of Demark Strait?"

Much to his surprise, it was Ron who answered as he munched a bit on a sandwich he had grabbed from the table in the Great Hall. "It was the battle where Bismarck sank Hood back during World War Two." Seeing the looks, he rolled his eyes. "Warspite told me all about it and made it interesting, okay." About to take another bite of his sandwich, Ron paused and frowned. "Wait, isn't that the fanfic from Shipgirls Online which sounds like, um what did that American shipgirl call it?" Suddenly, he snapped his fingers. "Right. 'An examination of a naval battle which made it simulataneously sound like a tragic tryst between a gender confused lesbian and her older rival.'"

Almost immediately, Hermione facepalmed and did so hard enough that the clang of steel against steel could be heard. "Ron... How do you..."

The red head only shrugged. "Malaya said that it was pretty much on the dot description."

Yet again, Hermione only sighed a bit as Harry snickered. Seeing her turn towards him, he held up his hands. "What? It's hilarious. Besides... you really should join the site."

Humming, the Light Cruiser shook her head. "I'm not sure of that, Harry. Dido goes on it all the time as do some of the others, but still. The staff on these kind of sites can be hit or miss."

In reply, Harry snickered. "Don't worry, us Mods are pretty good." At the surprise, Harry pointed at himself. "I'm one of the Moderati on the site."

Tone dry, Hermione gave him a look. "That actually worries me." Then she turned towards Ron. "And since when do you have a internet connection?"

Ron only shook his head. "I don't, but sometimes when I'm with Warspite we go online. There's all sorts of chess things out there."

Just as Hermione was about to say something, Harry frowned and gave Ron a searching look. "Bloody_ChessMaster, right?" Simply grinning, Ron nodded and Harry shook his head. "Right, should have expected that as you share the same IP as Warspite. Thought that it might have been a sock once, but Hood said it wasn't."

Rolling his eyes, Ron scoffed. "Though I guess that sometimes you make bad staff decisions. Like that time you made New Jersey a mod as a joke."

Wincing, the green eyed wizard let out a breath. "Yeah, that was stupid of us. Though we're still not sure how the heck she managed to delete an entire subforum. That should not have been even possible."

Confused, Neville just looked between the three. 'Internet? Forum? Moderati? What are they talking about?'

Meanwhile, Harry shrugged as he continued. "Anyways, we get all sorts on it. Shiromizu has her own account after all. Though she mostly uses it to post pics of her and other snakes wearing hats or scarves. Once she even posted a pic of her wearing a sweater..." He then frowned in thought. "I think that she's even trying to teach Hedwig how to use it."

All the shipgirl of the group did was stare at him. "... Please, please Harry, tell me that you are not serious." Seeing Harry shake his head, her expression became one of disbelief. "How the heck does that even work!? For one thing, Shiromizu is a snake! How is she even posting pictures!? And how would Hedwig manage it!?"

Several moments later, Hermione's eyebrow began to twitch as Harry shrugged. "Shipgirls Online prides ourselves on our diverse population across various countries and races. So you shouldn't be speciest."

Eyebrow twitching something fierce, Hermione took a deep breath. "Harry? I mean, how the heck is she able to work a computer to post due to being a snake. And how does she think that she can manage it with Hedwig."

Blinking, Harry stared at her for a second. "Why didn't you just say so?" Ignoring the grinding, he shook his head. "Anyways, she uses her tail and such to post. And I think she's teaching Hedwig because I've seen both of them in front of the computer... Though I will admit that the picture of Hedwig with a top hat and cloak along with a mask was amazing. Won the recent cosplay contest."

For a while, even Ron and Neville stared at him before Ron only shook his head. It was about then that they all felt themselves being watched and turned to see a mousey haired boy clutching a camera and staring at them. Just as they were about to ask, he swallowed and took a step forward as he turned bright red. "Alright, Harry? I'm Colin Creevey and I;m in Gryffindor too, just a first year but still!"

Nodding, Harry gave him a thumbs up. "Cool. I think that I've seen you at the Sorting last night."

If anything, the boy turned more red and started to stutter. "O-oh, um, right. A-anyways, I was wondering if, maybe, I could take a picture of you?"

Blankly, Harry stared at him for a moment before raising an eyebrow. "You want to take a picture of me?" Leaning forward, he frowned a bit. "Why?"

Eyes bright, Colin smiled. "So that I can prove that I met you! I know all about you, everyone's told me about how you survived You-Know-Who. And that you got a scar from it and everything!" His eyes shot to Harry's forehead and continued on about it. "You're also around shipgirls all the time and your Mum is one too! And a boy in my Dormatory told me that if I use the right potion, that the pictures would move! It's so awesome here, you know? Never knew about magic besides shipgirl, so it was a huge surprise when we got my letter! My Dad's just a milkman, so he couldn't believe it either. So I'm taking loads of photographs home to him." Turning towards the other amused Second Years, he gave a shy smile. "Maybe one of your friends could take one of me standing beside you? A-and maybe you could sign it?"

A loud and scathing voice then rang out. "Signed photos, Potter? Your giving out signed photos?" Just as usual, he had Crabbe and Goyle at either side of him as he sneered. "Hey, everyone! Potter is giving out signed photos!"

Chuckling, Harry shook his head and waved him off. "Sorry, Draco, you'll have to talk with Naka-Nee if you want to set something up like that. She takes care of my PR after all. Also, this isn't a Con, but if you really want one, I am sure that we can make some room for you." He then stuck his tongue out some and made a victory sign in front of his face as he winked. "Hi, hi, Harry-Chan Desu, Little Brother of the Fleet always makes time for his fans!"

Several moments passed as everyone just stared a him in various degrees of exasperation or befuddlement. Mainly Hermione for the first and Draco as well as Crabbe and Goyle for the second while Ron and Neville were simply bemused. Turning towards him, Hermione gave him a glare. "How many times must I tell you not to do that?"

Giving her a wink, Harry grinned. "At least once more!"

Eyebrow raising, Neville gave him a look. "So... wait, you don't actually sign photos? Do you?"

Harry just shrugged in reply and shook his head. "I have before, but that's usually when I'm with Naka-Nee at some Con she's at. Mainly because I'm a common Co-Host for her and do my own things on her channel and on livestream. The Shotacons are sometimes a problem though."

By this point, it was not just Draco who looked utterly lost by the conversation, but a nearby knot of Fifth Year Slytherins that Draco had been using as an audience. Eventually shaking it off, Draco was about to say something when Gilderoy walked up with a bright smile. "Well, hello there everyone! And Harry, we meet again."

Spotting an oppotunity, Draco smirked for a moment. "Professor, Potter here was giving out signed photographs!"

Gilderoy blinked and then gave Harry an interested look. "Really now? Is this true, Harry?" There was a brilliant smile on his face which Harry swore sparkled. "Well, if you want I can give you some tips then, never start too early after all!"

However, Harry only shook his head. "Nope, not giving out signed photographs, Professor. As I told Draco here, if he wants one so badly then he can wait until an official event."

Just as Draco was about to say something, Lockhart nodded and placed his arm around the shoulders of the blonde Slytherin. "Quite right, Harry my dear boy. Smart lad, but here." Reaching into his cloak, he pulled out a signed piece of parchment and gave it to Draco who just stared at it. "If you are collecting autpgraphs, might as well get it out of the way." Patting the Slytherin on the back, he slowly pushed him away. "Looking forward to seeing you all in class after lunch you know."

As Lockhart continued to walk off with Draco, Royal Sovereign walked over to Harry and gave him a small wink. "Nice technique. It takes some time to learn such skills."

Winking, Harry smirked a bit. "Thanks, Naka-Nee taught me all I need to know."

There was a rueful smile on the Battleship's face as she gave a glance at a narrowed eyed Hermione and then walked off with a wave. Looking back and forth, Colin blinked and frowned. "Um..."

Patting him on the back, Harry leaned in. "Ask me later, okay? And I'll see what I can do."

Quickly nodding, Colin noticed the time and began to run off. Behind him, Harry snickered a bit and followed with Hermione and the others alongside him. All of them somewhat interested in what the DADA class was going to be like.

The Once and Future Ship 10
Azzaciel

The Once and Future Ship, Part 10

Prydwen faced a serious problem, namely if her honor allowed to take more than just what she had come here for. Curtana already in her armory she contemplated the weapon in front of her.It was a spear, it's shaft made from fine yew and a length of five feet with a width of three fingers. On one end was attached a lengthwise thinning blade two feet long and shining with a silver hue, which was not quite natural. It's other end featured a blade in the same style, but merely a single foot in length. Both blades had a short inscription.

While it was true that she had often taken more than just her own possessions, that had always been after an honorable battle without deceit as spoils of war, never when she had simply entered the housing of another in secrecy. But the Lord of this mansion collected treasures to posses them and brag about them, he had even dared to ask her if she would sell her armor, and yet he was too cowardly to show 'his' collection to others.

Which was why this was such a conundrum, he clearly wasn't worthy to have this spear, but it was not something she had claims to either. It was without doubt a weapon of a great warrior on par with her knights of the round table, but she didn't know who he might be.

Her eyes fell once more on the blades' inscriptions, 'Athibar' and 'Ibar' respectively on the longer and shorter one. They were fairly distinct and could maybe used to determine the spear's true owner. And if the warrior was already dead, so were her knights, but they were amongst the living nonetheless. Maybe he had a ship himself, which could have almost as much majesty as herself. If he had, then that ship and Prydwen would meet eventually, at which time he could prove himself this spear's true owner. Yes. She would merely safeguard it until that time.

And so she reached for the spear and took her first step down the mental disorder of many an adventurer: kleptomania.

While she had used a sword against Fou, if only to have the reach to strike at him when he was on the ground in front of her without having to overbalance herself, he still wished to so how she fared by only using her own body. He understood, that battling against him would not showcase her true prowess, so he told Prydwen his first test: to subdue a dragon with her bare hands and without armor, while also not killing it. Confident that she would have no trouble with this, she set out to find a dragon that would tower over her the way she towered over Fou.

She would end up searching the Isle over and over for the better part of three decades until she found a suitably large specimen. Prydwen's troubles continued as she failed to gain a good hold on her quarry for most of the fight and was forced to dodge and deflect gusts of flame, claw swipes and whipping tailstrikes.

She eventually managed to close the distance by jumping over the dragon's tail and landing in a roll to glide beneath a claw so that she found herself in front of it's belly. And it was here that she first used what would over a millennia later be called 'Magical Sparkly Shipgirl Bullshit' and grabbed the dragon with arms spread wide. Prydwen followed this up by lifting the dragon and then bent backwards at her knees while keeping her feet solidly on the ground, and as she hauled it over herself headfirst into the ground, she knew that she had struck the finishing blow of this match in a single move.

Fou had been suitably impressed.

AN:
I keep getting ideas for later in her travels, but can barely come up with things for her to do until she leaves the Isle.

Sub Quest
Harry Leferts

It was four somewhat annoyed and frazzled Second Years who walked out of the DADA class once it was done. After a few moments, Hermione let out a deep breath before closing her eyes and relaxing some. Glancing at her, Harry raised his eyebrow. "Let me guess, hard to hold back?"

Slowly, Hermione nodded as she let out said breath. "Yes, especially when those Pixies started pulling at my hair."

Hands behind his head, Ron shook his head in some amusement. "Well, it may have been a bust, though there was one thing that made my day." At the looks, he grinned and nodded towards Hermione. "When they saw her getting bloody pissed off, they all sort of ran for one corner of the room."

Rolling her eyes, Hermione huffed a bit. "Language, Ron." Then the Cruiser frowned some. "I'm rather amazed that Professor Lockhart stuck around and tried to put them back in their cages..."

Lips twitching, Neville snickered. "Yeah, though I guess it was worth it due to seeing him so frazzled." Then he grimaced. "Though the whole bit about this teaching us that even small things can be dangerous was a bit much."

His voice coming out in a drawl, Harry looked at him. "Never get into a arm wrestling contest with a shipgirl fairy then. You'll lose." That got him an interested look before the black haired wizard let out a sigh and turned towards Hermione. "I'm honestly surprised though that you're not confronting Royal Sovereign yet."

Blinking, Neville looked between them in confusion. "Royal Sovereign? Who's that? Some shipgirl?"

Softly snorting, Ron nodded some and pointed back at the room that they left. "You know that woman who was in there with Lockhart? That tall one that in the end threw the fishing net to catch all the pixies." Neville was partway through nodding when his eyes widened. "Yeah, she's actually Royal Sovereign, a Royal Navy Battleship."

Only frowning, Hermione slowly sighed. "I'd like to talk with her some, I'll admit. Mainly to see why she has not at least contacted anyone to let us know that she's been summoned. Her sisters have all been wondering about her." Frown deepening, Hermione scowled a bit. "We thought that she was not coming back because of how the Soviets treated her."

Now confused, Neville looked at Hermione in befuddlement. "The Soviets? You mean the Russians? But I thought that you said that she was a Royal Navy Battleship?"

Grimacing as it reminded him of Hibiki, Harry scratched the back of his head. "Um, during World War Two, she was lended to the Soviets to fight and they renamed her Arkhangelsk. They... didn't treat her well. When they finally gave her back, she was so bad in shape they had no choice but to scrap her." Wincing, he shook his head. "Not really all that surprising she didn't show up for the Royal Navy."

With a sigh, Hermione nodded some. "Which is why I'm waiting to talk with her." Seeing the looks, she rubbed the side of her head. "I would rather not get into a confrontation with her in the class. This would be best handled in private, though, um... I don't know if I want any of you there just in case."

That got her narrowed eyes looks from the other three before Harry spoke up. "Think again, Hermione. We're not going to let you go on your own."

Unable to help the flush that spread across her cheeks, Hermione smiled a bit even as she heard laughter from some of her crew and got nods from other members of her fairies. "Thanks." Quickly shaking it off, she looked at her watch and nodded. "Anyways, since we got time I got something to do."

Bemused, Ron raised an eyebrow at her. "I'll take a wild guess and think... You want to go to the library. Am I right?"

Giving him a swat to the shoulder, Hermione shook her head as she rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up. I got a reason for the library anyways." Ignoring the amused looks, she continued to stride forward as her friends snickered before following. By the time they caught up, Hermione was already within the shelves of the library. They had just sat down when Hermione reappeared with a book and shook her head. "No, not here." Glancing around, she motioned for them to follow. Curious, they finally found themselves in a small alcove out of view of the rest of the library. "Okay, we're good."

Just sitting down, Harry glanced around in interest and blinked. The alcove was mostly that of a couch with large, squishy pillows. Up in what was a cubby hole, Harry could just see a blanket hanging out. "Huh, never knew that this place was even here."

With a small smile on her face as she looked up at him, Hermione nodded some. "I'm not surprised. It is rather well hidden after all, but that makes it for the perfect spot to keep out of sight of the rest of the library."

All Ron did was sit down on the cushioned couch though he looked around. "Wierd." Then he turned his gaze onto the book in Hermione's hands and snorted as she set it down and opened it. "A bit of light reading?"

Hermione gave him a look and then turned back to her book. Flipping through the pages, she grinned some. "And something else besides."

Raising an eyebrow, Neville examined the book and then blinked. "I've seen that book before! Gran owns a copy." At the looks, Neville gave a shrug. "It's a book on ancient magical sites in the British Isles. Gran said she got it during her 'Hairy Days' of when she was younger."

Slowly nodding, Hermione's grin grew until it reminded Harry of one of Revina's. "Correct, it has locations of various magical sites here in the British Isles. But more important, this is a way for me to get those blasted Submarines off my back! It's something that came to me after hearing what happened with my grandfather!"

For several moments there was silence before Harry and Ron shared a look. The red head then cleared his throat some. "Hermione?" Having gotten her attention, he continued. "Uh... how is this supposed to help?"

A grin still on her face, Hermione stopped and turned the book around so that they could see it. "Look right here." Pointing at a section, she began to laugh. "See what it is?"

Leaning forward as he was the bravest, Harry blinked a bit and then reached into his pocket. Moments later, he pulled out the case for his glasses and took them out before placing them on his nose. "Um, some place called Lyonesse? I don't really know how this helps you..."

Only chuckling, Hermione patted him on the shoulder and then gave him a large smirk. "Lyonesse is a legendary land, Harry. It's even mentioned in Arthurian Legend! But according to myth, it sank beneath the waves centuries ago... And here is a book that has it's location! Not just that either, but of a few other places as well! It mentions the location of the City of Ys and other places. Don't you see?!"

Utterly confused, Harry shared a look with the others before turning back to Hermione. "Uh... Not really, no."

Rolling her eyes, she sighed a bit. "Harry, Upholder and the others have declared themselves 'The Knights of the Undersea'. The only thing that they are more obsessed with besides me... for some reason... Is being adventurers! Just think for a moment, a sunken land, untouched by human hands for centuries..."

Slowly, Neville raised his hand. "Uh, not really? I mean, I know that some magicals have gone there and used bubble headed charms to explore the ruins."

In reply, Hermione waved him off. "Doesn't matter. What does matter is that this would call out to them! If they start bothering me again, I can send them on a 'Quest' to these lands for adventure."

Just sharing a look with Harry, Ron rubbed the back of his neck. "And, um... how exactly are you going to do this?"

To his surprise, Hermione reached into her cloak and pulled out what looked like a wand-like object that was obviously technological. "With this! It's a portable scanner so I can scan books. Turns out that keeping it in my hull protects it from the usual issues with Hogwarts and electricity. So I scan these pages and then hand them over to those Submarines. It'll tie them up on their breaks between missions for a while until they get bored. Then I just hand over another quest! It's completely foolproof."

Coughing into his fist, Harry looked away. 'This is going to backfire on you, Hermione. I can just feel it...'

Confronting Royal Sovereign
Harry Leferts

Glancing to the side, Hermione nodded at Harry and then raised one hand to knock on the wooden door in front of her. Almost a minute passed before the door opened to reveal Gilderoy standing there. "Well, hello there, Harry! And Miss Granger as well! Now how can I help you? Come for some advice, Harry my boy? I'm more then willing to give you some in regards to fame."

Hands in her pocket, Hermione just frowned and shook her head. "I'm afraid that we're not here for that."

Expression falling, Gilderoy's smile seemed to become slightly brittle. "Ah, I see. Are you sure of that? Unless you have some questions about class? Though I could talk to you about fame, Harry. Us famous people need to stick together."

Spotting how Hermione was becoming slightly annoyed, Harry coughed. "Uh, maybe later. We're here to talk with Royal Sovereign."

If anything, the teacher's expression became guarded some. "Royal Sovereign you say? I'm afraid that I don't know any royalty. Not for trying mind you, but still... Unless you mean that one German witch I helped out who the great-great-great-granddaughter to..."

At seeing their expressions, he was about to say more when a female voice behind him caused him to pause. "Let them in, Gilderoy."

Turning, he frowned at Royal Sovereign who was at a desk. "Are you sure about that? They are just students after all."

Only shaking her head, she gave him a thin smile. "Might as well get it over with. And I am not about to run from a fight." Just nodding, the teacher opened the door and quickly got the two into the room before closing it. In front of them, Royal Sovereign got up and stared down Hermione who was staring back. "As you guessed, I am Royal Sovereign and judging by what I can see, you are a Dido Light Cruiser, correct?"

Hermione nodded some as she stared right back at Royal Sovereign. "And you would be. I'm HMS Hermione of the Royal Navy, Royal Sovereign. You probably already guessed why I am here?"

Raising an eyebrow, she snorted some as she crossed the room and opened a bottle of some form of alcohol and poured it out. "Odd, I would have guessed that they would send something a bit heavier then a Light Cruiser to drag me in. But then, considering how the Royal Navy has treated me, I can't quite say I am surprised."

From the corner of his eye, Harry could see Gilderoy pull out his wand. 'Shit...'

Before he could say anything, Royal Sovereign barked. "Put that away this moment, Gilderoy!" Seeing him jump, she let out a sigh of frustration before downing her drink. "I''m not about to have you get in trouble over me." As he put away his wand, Royal Sovereign poured herself another measure. "So then, how are we to do this then?"

Much to her confusion, Hermione snorted a bit. "While I am sure that I can bring you in, Miss Sovereign, that is not what I am here for." Lips turning down into a frown, the witch looked at the larger shipgirl. "What I am here for is to ask you why you've been hiding yourself away. The Admiralty would at least like to know your side of things first."

Several moments passed as Royal Sovereign stared at her and then at her glass before looking back at the highly amused Hermione. "They wish to... hear my side? Rather strange from my experience..."

All Hermione did was shrug unconcerned. "The Royal Navy has changed after all. For example, we no longer run on rum, sodomy, and the lash." That got her a snort from the Battleship, a boggled look from Gilderoy, and a confused expression from Harry. "Now then, why haven't you at least let the Royal Navy know that you were alive?"

Frowning, Royal Sovereign leaned back against the wall before sipping her drink. "There's many reasons for what I have done. There is the obvious treatment given to my sisters and myself. We were newer then the Queen Elizabeths, and yet they got the better treatment. They were the ones given modernizations while we were left with almost none. At best, we were seen as burdens during the War. At worst? Liabilities." Expression turning stormy, she took a deep breath as she trembled. "Do you know how that feels? To know that the nation that you were born to serve, in it's darkest hour, saw you as nothing more then a problem? As something that they cannot even use!?"

There was an expression of sympathy on Hermione's face as she slowly shook her head. "While I, myself, don't know that feeling, I can imagine it."

With a deep breath, Royal Sovereign set down her glass onto a nearby table perhaps a bit harder then she should have. "No, I think that you cannot. I was so useless to the Royal Navy that I was just given away to the Soviets! Given away like so much worthless scrap! At least when it was floated around for Yorkie to be given away, it was in exchange for ships, I did not even get that! And it did not end there..." Growling, there seemed to be a glow deep in her eyes. "In the Soviet service, my treatment was abysmal! They did not know the first thing about handling me."

Slowly, Hermione gave a nod. "Yes, I'd heard about that. Such as how your turrets had seized and your condition was so poor that they had to..."

Just snarling, Royal Sovereign glared at nothing in particular. "Scrap me, putting me down like an old dog that one does not want anymore. Yes, exactly that. What makes it worse is that they only took be back so that the Soviets could not use me. And the Soviets tried to keep me claiming that I was too damaged... Damn both sides!"

Glancing between Hermione and Royal Sovereign, Harry frowned a bit. "So why not come back to the Royal Navy? They've changed after all."

A bark of dark laughter escaped from Royal Sovereign as she shook her head. "Like the bloody Hell they have! No, they have not changed at all." There was a look of anger and hate on the Battleship's face and even Gilderoy backed up some. "One day, on a trip to a non-magical community, I came across a newspaper. It was talking about another attempt to summon me which failed and do you know what was part of the article? Hmm?"

Eyes narrowed, Hermione frowned deeply. "No, I don't. Mind telling me though?"

If Hermione expected anything though, it was not what she got as Royal Sovereign shot her a venomous look. "Right there, printed on the paper was that the Royal Navy despite not even summoning me were talking with the Russians about me working with them! The bloody fucking Russian bastards! They didn't learn a fucking thing and can go bugger themselves!"

While Royal Sovereign grabbed her drink and slammed it back, Hermione blinked. Turning to Gilderoy, she got a nod from him. "She was quite angry that day and showed me the article. Like she says, in it there was a statement from a Russian official that the Royal Navy would have her serve in Russia as part of an agreement being discussed."

Frowning, Hermione furrowed her eyebrows deep in thought. After all, this was not something that she had heard about after all. Suddenly, something occurred to her and she looked up. "May I ask what was the name of the newspaper?"

Confused as to why she was asking, Royal Sovereign finally shrugged a bit. "You want to know what newspaper it was?" When Hermione nodded, she shrugged. "Why, it was the Daily Mail."

Moments later, Hermione facepalmed hard enough that everyone besides her jumped a bit at how loud the sound of steel hitting steel was. "The Daily Mail... Because of bloody course it would be The Daily Mail."

Before Royal Sovereign could say anything, Harry snorted some "You mean The Daily Fail, right?" At Hermione's raised eyebrow, Harry rolled his eyes. "Even on Japanese websites they've talked about it. And I've seen that video of the song about it far too many times on Shipgirls Online."

Needless to say, both Royal Sovereign and Gilderoy were extremely confused and frowned. Hermione though turned back to the Battleship. "Right, that explains a lot. At least now I can send a report, but... I would ask just one thing."

Her eyes narrowing, Royal Sovereign frowned. "Yes...?"

Taking a deep breath, the Light Cruiser let it out. "I have a message from your sisters, they would like your permission to meet you. Royal Oak especially asked me to pass that on as they miss you, as does Renown and Repulse."

It went without saying that knocked some of the winds out of Royal Sovereign's sails. "Uh, of course and... wait, they returned? And Renown and Repulse want to see me? B-but they're Battlecruisers..."

Simply rolling her eyes, Hermione sighed. "Yes, they've returned and as far as the Renowns are concerned, you're at worst a half-sister. Just let me know when and where you wish to meet them."

Not quite sure how she felt about that, Royal Sovereign only nodded silently.

Houshou 4
Snippet 8: S0ngD0g13 "Houshou lays down the law"

A Houshou Snippet

I haven't heard from James in a week now...
Houshou thought to herself as she took her afternoon walk. I'm worried; he's normally here to run the mine-hounds rain or shine...

Japan's first Carrier decided some discreet checking-up was in order and detoured off her route and toward the Small-Boat Kennels where James worked and his son, Jaw, volunteered.

When she arrived, Jaw was just exiting with Hazard and Bombard on leashes. "Jaw, how are you today?" she said by way of greeting.

James Aubrey Wilson 'Jaw' McAmis smiled thinly. "I'm doing fairly well, Miss Houshou. Better'n I was, but not so good as I will be, as Dad likes to say. How've you been?"

Houshou smiled and chuckled; that was something James would say. Her smile faded as she asked the question she'd intended to ask. "How's James? I... I hadn't heard from him since... that night. Truth be told I'd begun to worry..."

Jaw sighed, his eyes dropping toward the ground. "Truth be told, I'm worried for him, too. He's taken it hard, Aunt Katie and Uncle Eric's deaths, and he's been at the Who-Hit-John ever since he got back from Tennessee."

Houshou paused; while she occasionally missed some of James' turns of phrase, she did know a few, courtesy of Kotetsu, who once served (however briefly) in the Confederate Navy as CSS Stonewall. "He's been drinking?"

Jaw nodded, embarrassed. "Ain't seen him sober longer than a few hours at a time in a week, and he's not eaten anything more than cold beans from the can in the same." Jaw shook his head, blinking back tears. "Gods Above, Miss Houshou, I don't know what to do. He ain't a mean drunk, or nothin'," the teen admitted, his accent thickening, "but it's like all the fire went out of 'im. I try, but I'm at rope's end."

Houshou hugged the boy tight, heedless of the hounds wrapping their leashes around the pair's legs. "Don't worry, Jimmy. I'm here; I'll help, however I can. You have my word." She carefully untangled the leashes and looked the younger McAmis in the eye. "Now, you know where my house is?" At his nod she continued. "There's a spare house key under a false rock in the koi pond; it's the blue rock, not the red one. Let yourself in, go in my kitchen, and start heating up leftovers from my refrigerator. Meanwhile, I have to place a phone-call or two." Jaw stared for a moment as Houshou took command; it reminded him painfully of the stories he'd heard about his Grandma Sally. "Well? Hop to it, Jimmy; we're burning daylight, as James would say."

Jaw nodded sharply. "Yes, Ma'am!" He sprinted for the parking lot and he and the two hounds piled into his Lancer, then drove off.

Houshou pulled out her cellphone and called Kotetsu. "Kotetsu-san? It's Houshou; I need a favor. I'm cashing in my accrued leave, all of it. Reason? It's a Code Fox-Echo." The Carrier listened as the Ironclad asked after the other Carriers, who Houshou considered her daughters, and inquired what had happened to require her to invoke the unofficial Shipgirl Code for 'Family Emergency'. "No, none of my daughters are in trouble; you know James, from the Small-Boat Kennels? He's in a bad way and I'm helping him get back on an even keel. As an aside, could you please let it be known through your... unofficial contacts... that I would like a word with whoever has been distilling liquor on base? Arigatou, Kotetsu-san."

After finishing her call, Houshou walked to her friend's house and knocked on the door. When she received no answer, Houshou opened the door and stepped inside. The interior was dark, and a haze of cigarette-smoke hung over James where he lay in his recliner, an open jar on the table and the sink overflowing with empty ones. He turned one bloodshot eye to face her. "G'way, Houshou... Please jus' lemme be..."

Her face grew stern; she could tell by the stench that not only hadn't he had a proper meal in a week, he also was in dire need of a bath. "James, I know you miss your brother and your sister-in-law, but this has gone on long enough. You're worrying Jaw, and you're worrying me. It's time you got up, cleaned up, sobered up, and started living again, instead of killing yourself by inches with drink and cigarettes."

James snorted and took another swig of corn-liquor. "I'm disinclined t' acquiesce t' yer request." He saw the confused look on her face and grinned drunkenly. "Means 'No'. I like ya, Miz Houshou; like ya bunches, but'cha ain't m' mama, t' order me 'bout. I don' need no moth'rin'..."

Houshou just grinned a hard grin. "I Have Not Yet Begun to Mother, James Cecil Michael McAmis." Her target froze, Pavlovian reaction to being addressed by his full name locking him up tighter than a Recruit at Attention. She continued. "But, you being a grown man, I'll let you choose. Either you get up, and go clean the grime and stale tobacco stench off yourself in the shower, or my crew will do it for you, with scrub-brushes, holystones, and firehoses."

"You wouldn't da-" James cut himself off when he looked up and saw Fairies lining the Mother of Japanese Carriers' shoulders, cleaning gear in hand, firehose nozzles aimed and ready, and a 'You Done Goofed, Son' look on their tiny faces.

"Ya know, I smell kinda bear-ish with a undertone o' ash-tray; I reckon I'm just gonna get me a shower right quick..."

A Match Made In Yasen
Harry Leferts "A Match Made In Yasen"

Stretching a bit, Sendai frowned as she checked her internal clocks before nodding. It was so early, it was actually late and despite the fall chill, she wasn't bothered in the slightest. Part of her was thankful for her shadowed hiding place as it made watching her quarry much easier. After all, most scoffed at how she wore orange and declared herself a ninja. But Sendai always found it far more amusing for another fact. One that she knew.

Orange, in darkness, appeared pitch black which made it perfect for true ninjas.

And so it found her at an hour so early, it might be late simply watching the home of her sort-of, kind of boyfriend. It was a good thing that she was a shipgirl and thus needed little sleep. Having heard through the grapevine that was the Light Cruiser Information Network of what happened with Gale, she was taking no chances of magicals mucking around with someone she cared about, thank you. Needless to say, when Sendai had requested some time off, she was given it as the higher ups understood was happening. Heck, last that the Light Cruiser had heard, Willie D's family had Iowa show up with the excuse that she was taking a break and crashing on their couch...

Which looked like it was not going to end anytime soon. The fact that no less then five other Fletchers were also staying there including O'Bannon, who wasn't flirting with Davie for a change, said a lot. Pretty much any shipgirl's significant other or Natural Born's family found themselves with several shipgirls around. Even if said shipgirls were older ones that didn't fight. Heck, from what Sendai heard, back in Japan Kongou had practically moved in with Goto while Ashigara did the same with Yonehara. Even the older Matsudas. Tenryuu's parents, found themselves suddenly having a surprise visit from said shipgirl and her group. She did feel bad though as through the grapevine she had heard that the author of Changing Destiny had not just both Saratogas at his house, but the three Lexingtons and their Battlecruiser sisters guarding him.

More surprising, and something that said a lot about the situation, was how Pennsylvania had put aside her issues with the Japanese to help make sure that Jane and John were guarded twenty four seven. Even working with Shigure and the others to make sure that the youngest member of that family was not alone. Granted, Sendai suspected that it would be Albie and Archie who would make anyone who tried anything regret it, but still. Everyone was just waiting to see what happened next before deciding.

As she stretched a bit though, Sendai sighed and glanced to the side at another patch of darkness. "I know that you're there, you know." Seeing the shadow reveal itself, she raised an eyebrow. "Any particular reason that you're sneaking around? Especially here?"

Catching the hidden steel in Sendai's voice, the other shipgirl chuckled a bit and walked up, her own dress swishing along before she sat down. Part of Sendai, that composed of dozens of young men, couldn't help but grin at the curves visible even through the dress. The rest though had a look of bored disinterest. Seeing that, the other shipgirl shook her head. "I suppose that I wanted to give you a hand, Sis. After all, this is the man who has caught your attention, hmm?"

Only rolling her eyes, Sendai huffed. "You know that you're not my actual sister ship, right? We're about as related as I would be to... Warspite, I guess."

Hand held to her rather large chest, the other gave a playful wince. "Ouch, that hurt. You know that I am a lot like you. After all, we both like Yasen. And you taught me all about that."

Softly snorting, Sendai grinned a bit at the memories that came back. "Mmm, I remember. I think that Arizona blew her stack though when she found out. And Jintsuu just groaned with the most perfect facepalm." Her expression fell a bit as she sighed. "As to the guy I'm watching? Yeah, he's the one that caught my attention. Dammit!"

Raising an eyebrow, the other shipgirl snickered a bit. "Oh? Trouble in paradise? Or does this have to do with how he keeps turning down Yasen?"

With a huff, Sendai grumbled a bit. "Part of it." Keeping one eye on her target, she glanced at her friend, and one point former enemy. "It's so damn frustrating. We go on dates and such, but he doesn't want to do night battles of the sort I really want. I've got an itch to scratch, but unless he gives in, it won't get scratched." Sendai's expression then softened a bit. "But I suppose that is why I've fallen for the guy. Because he hasn't given in and... fuck. That just draws me in more and more. Like seeing a enemy ship who despite you engaging, never manage to get a hit on."

There was silence for several moments before her friend spoke up. "You really got it bad, huh? Damn..."

Just shrugging, Sendai frowned. "Yeah, guess that I have. Never really expected it, and before you ask? If he gave in then I'm likely to stick with him. After the chase he's given me, he's the sort that I want to keep chasing." Laughing a bit, she shook her head. "Did you know that I showed up naked in his bed except for some ribbons? But all he did was pat me on the head, give me a kiss on the cheek, and then go to sleep. Couldn't get out of them because they were extra strength and gave him some bites over it. And not the fun kind either."

Boggled, her companion stared at her. "Are you serious? Because damn, I would have unwrapped that present." After several moments, she hummed. "You know... now I'm interested as well."

Eyes narrowing, Sendai frowned. "Oh, yeah? Rival?"

However, the other shipgirl shook her head and Sendai could just barely see the grin. "Oh no." Leaning down, she whispered into the Light Cruiser's ear, hot breath washing across it. "I want to join in. Wear him down together, you and I. And then... We catch him between the two of us in a true night battle of epic proportions. You with your perfect vision and I with my radar, going at it with torpedoes and guns."

A shiver ran down Sendai's spine and her eyes fogged over for a moment. Then she grinned and nearby, a certain man shivered and curled up in his bed. Outside, Sendai began to chuckle. "Our time was rather fun... Hmm, we can give it a try. He might have some... standards though and try to avoid you."

Standing up, the other one raised her fist in a pumping action. "If he has standards, good thing that you have me then! The Sendai class Battleship, USS Nevada! Master of Evasion!" Holding her hands in front of her eyes in a goggle-like formation, she grinned. "So good, that I can avoid two nuclear bombs going off real close and avoid the air force while painted orange! In daylight!"

Sendai grabbed the held out hand and held it close with fire in her eyes. "And between the two of us, allies to the end, we shall do Yasen with our target! Tactically and strategically whittling him down through engagements until he can no longer take it!" Eyes narrowing and grin widening, she chuckled. "And then... we fire off everything at once!"

There was a similar grin on Nevada's face as she nodded and began to look forward to what may happen. 'I still don't why Oklahoma acted the way she did when she found out about me discovering Yasen. Or why she was muttering I met the same fate as Japan... Whatever...' Turning, she pointed at the nearby residence. "Get ready and I hope that your will of Iron can withstand us! Because you will need everything to against us."

All Sendai did was cackle some as both shipgirls slipped more into the shadows, becoming more invisible in their orange dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back