• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Holy Grail War United States (Updated Daily)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

My name is Harry Parsee, and I am a magus of the Clock Tower. My family is not well-known, but...

TheManWithAllTheNames

Getting some practice in, huh?
My name is Harry Parsee, and I am a magus of the Clock Tower. My family is not well-known, but has moderate capability, hence their participation in this grail war.

Er. Perhaps I should start over? I have summoned you, Legion, to assist me in this war. You are a notable familiar of some caliber, and it took some doing to get the notes on your summoning. In short, your physical form is a useless benign tumor upon my grey matter, and your entire capability is to offer advice, help, and assist in making decision. To be simple, you help me, and in return, you exist. A helpful accommodation for a family like mine.

I suppose it would be helpful to teach you the basics of my family's Crest. A Crest is a magister's family treasure - something like a spell book, worn like a tattoo. Each magus seeks to find the root of all things - the core of all knowledge. In casual speech, this is referred to as the Root. My family wishes to reach it by finding and harnessing the power of gravity - that is, black holes - and their mysteries.

However, there is always a quicker way.

This shortcut is the Holy Grail War. A war in which Servants, powerful entities that represent mighty heroes of lore and history, do battle at the behest of Masters. These Servants are arranged into classes, which help define their abilities, and are as follows: Saber, the sword-weilding warrior. Lancer, the spear-using acrobat. Rider, the master of a legendary steed. Caster, magic-using legend. Archer, who fights from afar. Berserker, whose madness grants him strength and power. And finally, Assassin, who attacks from shadow. When a Servant is defeated, the power that it held is sent to the Grail. Upon all but one Servant remaining, a single wish is granted to both the Servant and the Master.

The Servants remain in this world because they are supplied power from the Master. And the Master is protected by the Servant.

Now that you know the rules, we can begin. The Grail this time is supposedly set up in Seattle, which is where I'm on transit to today. I should ready my plans before the plane from Europe touches down.

[] The first priority is to gain an artifact to use in summoning a Servant.
[] The first priority is to set up a workshop to better focus my spellcasting and create a home base.
[] The first priority is to learn about the area I will be fighting in.
[] The first priority is to learn about my enemies.
[] (Write in)

Re: Holy Grail War United States

[X] The first priority is to gain an artifact to use in summoning a Servant.

The first thing we should do is acquire waifu get an artifact connected to a powerful figure of legend. Preferably before the other people do.

Once the artifact is secure and we have an idea of who we're going to summon, we can work from there on how to make maximum use of them.

[X] The first priority is to set up a workshop to better focus my spellcasting and create a home base.

In a grail war, you're pretty much a walking corpse without a good Servant to carry you.

[X] Just to keep it in mind the close secondary is getting a good base.

- - [X] Why are you using a pink wand for this?

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srez1m4OAUw[/embed]

Biigoh said:
- - [X] Why are you using a pink wand for this?

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srez1m4OAUw[/embed]
If he has the Kaleidostick handy, bii, his troubles are largely over.

... Can you acquire the kaleidostick? Acquire the kaleidostick.

Re: Holy Grail War United States (Updated Noon PST Daily)

[X] Well, if we did focus on getting an artifact, which ones do you currently have leads on?

Majority Vote said:

Very well. The first thing I do upon landing is gather the information pertinent to the task of gaining an Artifact. An Artifact is a tool for summoning a servant - a fragment of their history placed in modern times. A bit of sword, a fossilized snake, many things can be artifacts. Some people own them without even knowing. However, they are not hard to spot if you are trained in finding them, as my collaborators happen to be. However, I must act quickly and focus should I choose to gain one. Meaning, I can only gain a single artifact, or prevent the acquisition of a single artifact. Trying to focus on more than one is likely to fail and falter, to the point of it being a useless gesture.

My sources have delivered news of several Artifacts.

In Seattle's museum rests a petrified apple, discovered in what might have been ancient Greece.

In the same museum, on loan, is an ancient pair of swords.

At the docks is an old oar.

Finally, a long-lost manuscript of an ancient play was found in a small bookshop.

I can also choose for forgo these steps, and summon without an artifact. Such an act will net me a Servant that is supposedly close to my own alignment and temperment.

Then I decide to move into a hotel room near the bottom floors.

[] You should retrieve the Apple.
[] You should retrieve the Swords.
[] You should retrieve the Oar.
[] You should retrieve the Play.
[] You should summon Artifactless.
[] You should prevent the acquisition of an artifact (select one).

Oar might mean The most Badass Samurai ever. Miyamoto Musashi.

So!

[X] Oar

The Play... Shakespeare? That would be awesome. I LOVE Shakespeare.

The Apple... could be the Apple of Idun, maybe. Immortal youth, ho yez.

Oar would also be fun. If we get young Miyamoto Musashi, he's a firebrand. Old one would be all zen and stuff.

Gotta go with
[X] Play

Apple is most likely William Tell as Archer.

And while i think Musashi would be fucking awesome and Shakespeare is also awesome as hell (and his Nasu abilities are ridiculous as a Caster)

Though there is also Aristotle for plays.

Though Im REALLY REALLY curious to see what we get when we just cast out our line.

[X] You should summon Artifactless.

[X] Play

Miyamoto Musashi would be bad-ass, and I'm betting the petrified apple would get us someone from the Trojan war. No idea about the twin swords, though.

But you know what? Shakespeare, man.

Shakespeare.558735.jpg

Looking at the list again, the Play says ANCIENT

So its most likely a Greek Playwrite. Of which Aristotle or Plato fit the bill best. Though there are quite a few others.

Petrified Apple also seems like something greek.... but i cant quite place it.

God Dammit i wish he'd given us the Style of the swords at least...

The Oar was at the DOCKS... so i doubt it is Musashi's (though it would be awesome if it was), It might be a Rider artefact

[] You should retrieve the Swords.

Xicree said:
Looking at the list again, the Play says ANCIENT

So its most likely a Greek Playwrite. Of which Aristotle or Plato fit the bill best. Though there are quite a few others.

Petrified Apple also seems like something greek.... but i cant quite place it.

God Dammit i wish he'd given us the Style of the swords at least...

The Oar was at the DOCKS... so i doubt it is Musashi's (though it would be awesome if it was), It might be a Rider artefact

A Manuscript and found in a Bookshop. Long lost meaning its a well known play of which the original copy was never found. This kills anything predating printing presses at least or its eastern in origins.

Apple is likely Medusa. The Isle she was guarding had an apple tree on it.

If the oar is an artefact yet not in a museum then its of a local legend we might want it for the Fame boost to stats...

Pair of swords in a museum showcasing greek atrifacts. Money is on Persan/Roman/Egyptian/African.

[X] You should retrieve the Swords.

[X] You should retrieve the Play.

We have three votes for both Play and Artifactless. Therefore...

I send my agents to retrieve the play quickly. I have ten Agents - individuals who are involved with the magical community but are loyal to me and cannot cast spells. Two tail me at all times to ensure against sneak attacks - they are outside my door and on the roof of the building. The others are at my beck and call around the city. It is simple work, they just go and buy the Play and return with it. The other Agents confirm that the other artifacts are out of reach the moment the play is in my hands. I smile. The true Holy Grail War has begun. I set the play on the table and think, however.

An Artifact summon is no less powerful than one without. Furhtermore, an artifactless summon will be more likely to listen to me - we will be of like mind and thought, similar disposition. Even if I don't use the play now, I could hide it and summon it later, assuming both the play and the artifactless summon are of the same class. And simply owning the artifact is a victory in and of itself - I have denied someone this summon.

But I cannot decide. Which one...

((1 is Play. 2 is Artifactless summon. Update not yet finished. ))

[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

I will summon without my Artifact. The die is cast, as I create the Circle with ease, and close my eyes. Now is the time. Everything aligns for the perfect servant!

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let red be the color I pay tribute to.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
Let it be filled. Again. Again. Again. Again.
Let it be filled fivefold for every turn, simply breaking asunder with every filling."

With those final words, the world tilts, and shines.

What rises from the circle is far from what I ever expected. Pink hair, black ribbons. Shining eyes filled with confidence. A white cloak billows out behind him, and white boots with... black thigh-high stockings. His armor is black but slim, and has a short fauld with chain beneath. A slim sword at his side, I almost think him Saber. Him. I think. It's a little hard to tell. His voice rings out with a confidence that belies his feminine form:

"I ask you: Are you my master?" he asks, as a sword appears on my hand, wrapped with two ribbons. His stare is intense and powerful.

[] Address the Servant politely.
[] Answer the Servant without politeness.
[] Command the Servant.

[X] Answer the Servant without politeness.

Not rudely, per se, but casually. If you are to work together, it's good to be on as friendly terms as possible.

[X] Address the Servant politely.

Politeness is always a good thing and choosing to abandon it should be DELIBERATE and DIRECT.

[X] Answer the Servant without politeness.

[X] Address the Servant politely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back