• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Holy Grail War United States (Updated Daily)

Re: Holy Grail War United States (Updated Noon PST Daily)

[X] Address the Servant politely.

Welps, we got Astolfo? Likely a Rider, his physical parameters are very low (ever EMIYA is better) and one of his NP is useless against most Servants.
On the other hand he has a very high Luck, a magical book that grant him A-rank Magic Resistance, a cursed lance that force the opponent to kneel no matter what and his ride is a honest-to-good Hippogriff.

Then again, it's said his personality is the worst. For the master's sanity.

"I am your master, noble Servant." I say, rising to my feet. He's shorter than I am, his head reaching my chest. "May I ask your name?"

"Duke Astolfo, member of the Peers, noble Paladin of Charlemagne." he states. "I am happy to be in your service, my Master." he says with a gentle smile. With that out of the way, you quickly Look upon your servant - So as to determine his class and capabilities. Usable Noble Phantasms have their name in RED.

----

Astolfo, Twelfth Paladin of Charlemagne
Lancer Class
Str: C; Agi: B; End: D; Mana: D; Luck: A+

Skills:
Riding – A+: All creatures except Dragonkind and all vehicles can not only be used as mounts, but will gain bonuses for being used, enhancing all parameters by one rank. Further, by praying for a few moments Astolfo may breathe life into inanimate objects such as stones or trees and allow them to change their form into a useable mount.

Charisma – A: The son of the King of England, a well-beloved Duke, a general whom his soldiers would give their lives for, a brother as true as one of blood to his fellow Paladins, and a lady's man who was said to have seduced over a thousand women, Astolfo is the pinnacle of charisma in all possible categories.

Guardian Knight – E: Astolfo believes above all else in loyalty to his brothers in arms, and is willing to go to any lengths to see those he fights with are happy and safe. From acting as bait to allow his friends to escape from an island of Amazons, to flying to moon to restore his friend's sanity, to dressing up in girl's clothing just to earn a smile, Astolfo will go to any lengths for his comrades. Gains a small bonus to Endurance when "sacrificing," for a partner on the battlefield. May be anything from taking a blow to putting on a dress, so long as it fulfills a need or wish of one whom he fights alongside.

Golden Rule - C: Son of a King, Duke of wealthy lands, and a world-wide explorer, Astolfo has a fortune at his command, but it is a limited one. Astolfo is not well-versed in the value of his assets. He once traded a net that could capture gods for a swordbelt. A set amount of funds is available for use, but cannot be replenished. The exact amount is unknown, but fairly large.

Noble Phantasms:

La Black Luna (The Magic Flute That Calls Panic) – B, Anti-Army: A horn that strikes fear into the hearts of all who hear its sound, prompting instinctive escape. Does not affect Heroic Spirits with magical resistance, but normal mages are not immune to its influence, and number of targets is only limited by how far the sound carries. Given to Astolfo by the good witch Logestila of Avalon, an apology for the years he spent trapped in the shape of a tree by her two evil sisters after they had seduced him and drew him to their island.

La Red Romance (The Magic Book That Shatters Spells) – EX, Anti-Magic: A mystic tome that contains the sum-total of knowledge on all enchantment-type spells to ever exist in every school of magic, as transcribed by the Fairies of Avalon. It describes their workings in extreme detail, and rather than telling counterspells, reveals the hidden weaknesses and loopholes in the mechanisms of the spells themselves. No enchantment may remain intact against this book. The second gift given by Logestila to assuage her guilt over the mistreatment of the Prince of England. This item qualifies Astolfo as Caster, and is sealed under any other class.

Gold Radamanto (The Magic Lance That Conquers Knights) - C, Anti-Unit: A magical lance forged from solid gold, and yet hard as finest steel and light as a feather, which is almost unbeatable in a joust. When invoked, any physical strike from the lance will forcibly separate the foe from their mount, seal the enemy's Riding skill, and deal damage based on the rank of that skill. This special power is sealed when outside the Lancer class. Named after the only Knight to ever best the lance and Astolfo's skill in a tournament, who despised Astolfo for an arrogant remark before the match and took him prisoner after unhorsing him to teach him some respect, a lesson Astolfo learned well. This item qualifies Astolfo as Lancer, and is sealed under any other class.

Rabicano (The Stallion of Wind and Flame) – D, Anti-Unit: A horse of extremely fine breeding Astolfo found wandering the deserts of Egypt during his journey back to Europe from India. It was enchanted by someone unknown with the elements of Air and Fire. Anyone other than its owner which touches it will be seared by intense magical flames and rebuffed by gale force winds. The steed was said to be able to run faster than a loosed arrow, and its speed surpasses even most legendary creatures, such as the Pegasus. It also moves with complete silence, leaves no tracks or signs of its passing, even in sand, and is effectively weightless and will never trigger traps, fall through ice or otherwise be harmed by walking where it shouldn't. However, the horse is not capable of flight. This item qualifies Astolfo as Rider, and when not in that class, is downgraded to D rank.

Caligorante (The Giant of the Nile) – A+, Anti-Army: An ancient beast from the forgotten ages of Egyptian history, this giant feasted on innocent humans seeking paths across the holy Nile river for millennia, making use of a net woven by the Roman god Vulcan which was capable of trapping even gods to snare his prey. Astolfo used his horn to trick to beast into its own trap, and bound it to his will, riding on its shoulders all across the Middle East as a show of his greatness. Coligorante has strength that rivals ancient dragons and other Divine-level magical beasts, and could be classified as a Super Weapon, but he despises Astolfo, and is kept under his command only by a pair of magical chains bound to his wrists. Only a truly superior weapon could hope to harm the bindings, as they are of Divine manufacture, but if they were broken Astolfo would be in grave danger.

Rosaura (The Hippogryph) – EX, Unknown: Astolfo's ultimate Trump Card, a beast which represents his bond with the other Paladins of Charlemagne. Originally under the thrall of the same fairy which turned him into a tree, it was rescued by the Paladin Ruggiero, and Astolfo himself then later rescued it from the castle of the Sorceror Atlantes. He named the beast after his wife, for he loved it dearly despite its rough temper, and tendency to show little faith to whichever knight was riding it at the moment once he dismounted. On this beast he journeyed to the far corners of the world, and worlds beyond, to save his brother paladin Roland from madness. The summoning of Rosaura seals all Astolfo's other mounts and weapons except La Black Luna. This beast has a small fragment of the Second True Magic at the core of its soul, and using it, may travel anywhere. Be it outer space, or parallel worlds, or Hell itself, no destination is beyond Rosaura's wings. When in an environment he couldn't normally survive, Astolfo will be protected by a magical chariot. In addition to this, when the creature dives at an enemy, it literally transforms into a magical bolt of energy, which can strike with the force of a bomb. This item, unlike Rabicano, is sealed when Astolfo is not Rider and qualifies him for the class.

----

Lancer looks about the home in thought, frowning. "Shall we share the bed? There is just the one, Master." he says, scratching his cheek.

"... Let's table that discussion." I mutter, "Why are you a Lancer? Your Phantasms suggest a leaning towards Rider."

"Perhaps Rider was already summoned." So fast?! The War's barely started! "I don't know. We'd have to ask the Church, wouldn't we?" he amends, seeing my face.

"Yes, yes." I find myself nodding. "We should check that. Those sealed phantasms could be of great use - perhaps we can change your class if we are fast enough."

"Am I not to my Master's liking?" he asks, big eyes looking up at mine, wide and... Augh.

"You are fine. I am merely worried for our survival." He nods, satisfied.

Well - It seems I have a few decisions to make. (Make one vote for each set. They will be counted individually, not by vote set.)

[] Share the bed.
[] Lancer gets the couch.
[] I take the couch.
[] Talk with Lancer
[] Write in for Servant Interaction.

[] Check with the church first. Time may be of the essence.
[] Attempt an early strike at another Master.
[] Attempt contact with another Master.
[] Write In for Main Action

[] Arrange for my Agents to focus on tailing me.
[] Arrange for my Agents to focus on surveillance and discovery of other masters.
[] Arrange for my Agents to focus on sabotage of the enemy.
[] Write in for Agent Actions

Last edited by a moderator:

[X]Share the bed and talk with your new servant, find out more about him and what he seeks from this partnership. After all master and servant should be united in purpose.
[X] Check with the church first. Time may be of the essence.
[X] Arrange for my Agents to focus on surveillance and discovery of other masters.

[X] Talk with Lancer
[X] Arrange for my Agents to focus on surveillance and discovery of other masters.

[X] Share the bed.
-[X] Talk with Lancer before sleeping: honesty is the greatest asset in a partnership

Ok we pulled the major Trap card, and frankly i believe it will probably be impossible to actually stop our Servant from blurting out his name so we might as well not worry about concealing his identity after the first battle... whenever it is.

How ever on the flip side this guy is probably one of the most amiable Heroic Spirits that we could have possibly gotten, wears his heart on his sleeve and is biddable so long as we treat him in a friendly forthright manner... but don't tell him anything you don't want other people to know... because he will probably blurt it out. An interesting choice of servant and I do believe it can benefit us greatly to strike up as friendly a relationship with him as possible.

[X] Share the bed.

How could I say no to developing UST with the trappiest of all traps?

[X]Share the bed.
[X]Check with church first. Time may be of the essence.
[X]Arrange for my Agents to focus on surveillance and discovery of other masters.

SHARE THE BED! SNUGGLE!
CHECK THE CHURCH!
ARRANGE FOR AGENTS ON SURVEILLANCE while we snuggle.

I send texts to my Agents, instructing them to focus on finding the other Masters.

"We'll share."

"Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried things would be awkward with me and my master again, they always are. Why, it's nothing like the old days when such a thing was done so casually. I mean, after all, we're both men, so what's the issue, after all -"

I clear my throat, and he quiets.
"We are going to the church, then." I say, gathering my book and rising. Ah, yes - My book. My Mystic Code. I suppose one might call it a wand, or an instrument. It's a book I made using several hundred various inscriptions. Each two-page spread is a different pattern, and each allows me to carefully shape my spells. With this code, and this spell along with careful use of trigger runes, I can create any trap. My spell is Sheet Amplify, which increases the effects of gravity a thousand fold in a one-inch-thick sheet, so long as that sheet touches the earth. The larger the area, the harder and longer it takes to use the Aria properly. I am also, of course, capable of the opposite - Sheet Lighten - and a similar spell, Sheet Reverse. All three are useful for ruining footing, and best of all, they don't interfere with a person but the environment, and so they skirt most methods of magical resistance. I also have the suite of abilities any magus can expect to have - I can flush my Prana to prevent others from magically influencing me and my body, I can sense movements of Prana, and similar things.

Except, of course, Servants. Most Servants are immune to magics that I can muster, mortal weaponry, and similar things. Few things except other Servants can damage a Servant rightfully. Even the lowest grade of capability, E, is peak human condition. Thusly, most of my plans will be focused on targeting the enemy magus or using my own Servant's abilities. Furthermore, some Servants have caveats that make them capable of harm from normal weapons.

As we walk and Lancer continues to yammer on about something regarding outfits and my unreasonability for making him wear a proper suit (Blue pinstripe, my last one), I examine my Command Seals. Command Seals allow me, three times total, to make an absolute command of my Servant. His capabilities to follow this command will be greatly enhanced, and physical and magical laws will not apply to it. Unsealing Noble Phantasms, teleportation, powerful blows, all are possible with the Command Seals. However, once all three are gone, I am officially no longer in the running for the Holy Grail War, and my Servant will dissipate. So I really only have two, unless I know Lancer will die and I want to spite someone else.

"So why are you a part of this?" I find myself asking. "I don't recall the legends you were in having any great tragedies that could not be fixed."

Astolfo thinks for a moment. "I mean, what do you want out of it?"

"I want... I'm not sure." he says, laughing nervously. "I don't recall. But it is such an honor to be selected, after all! I mean, you'd think Roland would be the sort to end up in this situation, not me! I got stuck as a tree, after all, and I was really only good for screwing around and making people laugh. Even so, I needed the help of others to do much of anything! Nothing like him, I mean, did you hear about how he leapt across a lake to challenge his opponent because they fled on boat, he was amazing! Nothing like me, you know, falling for witches and fae tricks -"

"Stop that."

"...?"

"Undervaluing yourself."

"But I'm just-"

"A rich Duke, a commander of men of high esteem, a member of the Peers, master of a steed of wind and fire. Beloved Astolfo, son of a king. That you are in this war means you are the best Servant for me, and that I will win. Are we clear?"

He flushes, and nods, looking away from me.
"...So why are we walking?" he asks.

"No parking. Might as well." I respond.

"...Ah."

"Speaking of that, why don't you turn Phantasm?"

He shrugs lightly.
"I prefer this form." he answers, then blinks. "Another Servant is near, Master."

"Where?!"

"...I can't tell. But this is open daylight. A crowded street. Surely an assault here would be foolish!"

He's right - the normal doctrine for such things as that these combats should be secret. Anyone not of the magical world would be executed. Even so...

[] Exercise caution. Move quickly to the church.
[] An early victory would be important! Move to a secure location, and prepare for combat.
[] An early alliance would be beneficial. Utilize Lancer's charm to win over the enemy magus, after we find them.
[] Alertness might give us away. Let's act like nothing happened.
[] Writein.

[X] An early alliance would be beneficial. Utilize Lancer's charm to win over the enemy magus, after we find them.

[X] An early alliance would be beneficial. Utilize Lancer's charm to win over the enemy magus, after we find them.

We need to be ready if something actually happens so keep our wits about us.

[x] An early alliance would be beneficial. Utilize Lancer's charm to win over the enemy magus, after we find them.

[X] Alertness might give us away. Let's act like nothing happened.

[X] Exercise caution. Move quickly to the church.

[X] Alertness might give us away. Let's act like nothing happened.

"We need to find the Master. Where are they?" I say, as Lancer points, to a young man standing in front of me. He jerks his head to one side, pointing out a point under the bridge that runs along the coast - Hidden by pillars and buildings, we'll be able to conduct our business in peace. I catch a bare glimpse of his Command Seal - it looks like a layered gunshot wound. A rifle, ornate and beautiful, rests on his back. Revolvers, similarily designed, are on his hips. He wears a duster, a wide brimmed hat, and has the smirk of someone who has all the cards. Lancer follows him.

"What are you doing? It's an obvious trap." I tell him.

He sighs.
"Trust begets trust, Master." he says with a gentle smile, as we enter the empty space. The enemy master smiles.

"What a beautiful Servant you have, friend." he says, idly spinning his inlaid, engraved revolvers. He puts them away, then dons a pair of gloves. "So how shall we do this?"

"I don't see your Servant." I say, "Are you really going to fight us like that?

"You don't? That's a shame. He's right in front of you."

...What?

"Regardless." Lancer begins, "You are the first Master and Servant we've met. Because of this, we've a unique opportunity." he says, "An opportunity to stroke at opponents we might not be able to otherwise. If we ally, even if we fight later, we can clear the field of troublesome opponents. What do you say?"

He chuckles.
"Do you think me so weak?" he asks. "What are you, Saber? No... You don't have the right pressure. You're clearly a knight. You can't possibly be Archer. So..." he laughs. "Lancer. Do you think I'm scared? Do you think me frightened of you and the others?" he asks, "My name is William. Engrave it on your mind. I think you should rethink things a bit, Lancer." he says, grinning. "I will win this War. I don't need you. I don't need any allies. My Archer..." he spins his revolvers lazily, "Will destroy all comers. Regardless of your petty alliances, your silly ideas that I would need them."

"Can I not offer you anything?" Lancer asks gently.

"Duel me." he says, pointing. "That building. Be there at high noon tomorrow. Agree to a duel there, at that time. If you can bring it to a draw, I and Archer will be your ally. If you win, you eliminate one Servant, and one Master. And if I win..." he grins wider. "Well?"

[] Accept the Duel.
[] Decline and leave.
[] Sneak attack now, with a command seal!
[] Sneak attack - we don't need a command seal this close!
[] Write in

[X] Accept the Duel.

[X] Accept the Duel.

[X] Accept the Duel.

[X] Sneak attack now, with a command seal!

[X] Accept the Duel.

[X] Accept the Duel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back