• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How Myotismon Saved Christmas (Digimon/PMMM)

[insert insane laughter here]

another general this is gonna be good. So who else felt that power, of course the world computer did, but something like that has got to be noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, now we've seen the Sneak Peek I am going to be showing you the three options for the next quest. Two of them are Digimon quests, one of them is not. You guys should know that while set in the same universe, neither of the two quests directly involve Myotismon and co -- though both feature events caused his his actions.

Here's how it is going to work, I'll show the OPs one at a time, and after you guys have had a chance to read it over, I'll post up the next one. As the final Digimon Op is not done yet, I'll be posting the other one first, then the non-Digimon quest and finish it up with another Digimon OP.

Finally, I should warn you that while all of these quests are on my to do list, I may not get around to them for a long time, so if you want to see one in particular, I'd suggest voting for it now. Otherwise, odds are you'll see it...but not for a while.

As always, comments, critiques or questions are welcome and I will answer what I can within the bounds of not spoiling the hell out of each quest.

First OP!

The sun beat down on the old town; a rusty door, pushed by the wind, groaned to itself. You stood on the main street; a tumble weed tossed by the flurry rolled past you; you didn't look at it. You kept your eyes set firmly on your opponent.

Your body was itching; and not just from the sand that was everywhere. Your old wounds from the clash with DuskMyotismon had never really healed. You still felt them sometimes, but they kept you sharp. Each needle of pain a reminder of that night...

"Shadow Strike!"

Never again. You had sworn that on the very night of your wounding; when your failure had cost the village a hostage and had nearly cost you and your brother your lives. You had fought as hard as you could; but simple power had made you less than a flee to him. Blown aside as though you were nothing; it still smarted and not only because of the humiliation.

You had failed when you were needed. Your strength had not been enough. All your life you had relied on skill and experience to overcome pure power, and when it was time for the most important fight of that life? You had been taken down in two moves.

Two. Moves.

Your pride had been shattered; but that almost seemed small next to the realisation that it had forced upon you. The painful fact that you could never be stronger than you were right then. Most Digimon had the chance to become an ultimate or even a mega if fate smiled on them. Even if they never did, it was always possible. The potential was there. You? You'd never grow; you were as strong now as you would be in a hundred years time.

You had failed your home; and then had left it. Wandering the land as a lone soldier, searching for the impossible., A goal so far beyond you that sometimes you just wanted to laugh, but then you would remember the look on the boss's face when he had sent you; and in your heart of hearts you'd know that he trusted you to bring it back.

You wouldn't fail. Not again. Not ever again.

You felt your muscles clench and forced them to relax. Stressed muscles would be slowed; and you needed speed for this. You looked across the town's main road to your opponent, Starmon.

Starmon was a diminutive Digimon who only came up to your chest. His body was composed of an ultra-light metal, steel grey in colour it glinted in the morning sun. Five points extended from a main body, the top one set just above his head. A ruby gleamed in its socket above his eyes, which were visible through the only hole in the armour he wore. The rest of his face was shrouded in darkness.

"Well, well, well." He chuckled. "What do we have here. Some poor Flame Guardsman who got lost in the sun?" He spat on the ground. "I'd clear outta this town boy. We don't take kindly to you village types."

You ignored the threat; though your mind was racing. Starmon were heavily armoured, if it came down to a fight you couldn't afford it to be drawn out. You'd have to finish this fight quickly once it started, or else he would quickly wear you down. Verbally, you kept your tone firm.

"I was told you had information on something important to me." You said. "Tell me, and I'll leave in peace. I don't want trouble."

"Trouble ain't something you can just walk away from here, mister." Starmon said. "I ain't gonna tell you nothin'."

"Last chance." You said slowly. "Please tell me what I want to know. We can avoid a fight."

"I already told ya all I'm gonna! A fight is exactly what I want! I ain't whooped one of your villagers in a long time, so be prepared for the fight of your life."

"Very well."

In that instant, the two of you started to move. Starmon brought his hands up above his head and started to intone the name of his attack. The sky above the town cracked and fire started to rain from the sky.

"Meteor Show-"

Before he could finish, you were already moving. It was your most basic, well-practiced attack. Drilled to the point where you could do it in your sleep. Your right hand formed into a fist; thrust forwards even as flames crawled across your arm. Your voice, intoning that same series of words. The same every time, like a mantra that brought you comfort.

"Fire Rocket!"

Starmon didn't have time to finish his sentence before the impact. A bullet of flame lashed into him and the explosion sent him wheeling across the ground; leaving tracks in the sand as he went. He tumbled, and for a second you had the amusing notion that one of his spikes would get caught and he'd be pinned upside down, but that didn't happen.

He rolled until he hit the wall of a building. There, he lay, eyes rolling, legs straight. Before he could catch himself, you were on him. An armoured leg smashed down into his chest as he tried to rise, and his eyes met yours. Bravado drained from his face as he saw the determination in your own gaze.

"Last chance." You snapped. "Tell me where to find Agunimon. Where is the Human Spirit of Fire?"

Introducing: Flamedramon Quest! The Wandering Soldier.

Or just plain Flamedraquest if you feel like giving it an amusing shortened version.

I guess no one particularly likes this one? Fair enough, there are two more. We ready for the next one?

Talos said:
I guess no one particularly likes this one? Fair enough, there are two more. We ready for the next one?
Can you blame us for not being pumped about playing as one of the lackeys of the guy who killed one of ours?

I mean yes, different point of view and all that jazz is interesting, but frankly feelings trumps that.

Plus, even if we did play it, a good part of the player base would likely try to sabotage Flamedramon, which is smart, but wouldn't be very fun to play, write and read.

Deadly Snark said:
Can you blame us for not being pumped about playing as one of the lackeys of the guy who killed one of ours?

I mean yes, different point of view and all that jazz is interesting, but frankly feelings trumps that.

Plus, even if we did play it, a good part of the player base would likely try to sabotage Flamedramon, which is smart, but wouldn't be very fun to play, write and read.

So a boss's crimes fall to his minions, eh? I guess that makes all your allies murderers...

Nah, in all seriousness I was mostly just confirming that you guys were ready for the next OP.

The sabotage thing would be too bad, but most of you know better than that. After all, its not like I hadn't considered the possibility, It would just not be as good for Myotismon as you might think.

Anyway, to get back to the point, we ready for the next one?

Lantern's Quest

The Warp. A seething mass of twisted space/time. Like a cancer of the fabric of the universe, it tore and gnawed at the laws of reality. It was a vast ocean of chaotic energy, a living source of all things and a connection between all things as well. Ancient powers, mighty beyond imagining dwelled here. Gods, or close enough that it made no difference. Capacious and cruel, and vast beyond all imaginings.

But even their reach was not infinite; and the chaotic tides of the Warp pulled many things from many places. Sometimes, like bubbles welling up from the deepest oceans, things emerged from the Warp. Strange, alien things.

Like this. It moved, if anything could be said to ''move'' in the tides of unreality that was the chaotic maelstrom. It was a perfect bubble of preserved sanity; like amber, a chunk of time frozen for who knew how long. Preserved, perfect and eternal.

That was about to change. To call it a million to one chance would be to vastly understate the odds. It was like the rare quirk on the quantum level that causes a statue to cry. An event so rare, and so strange, that there is no choice but to call it by the name of a miracle. Perhaps there were other forces at work that day, or perhaps it was merely sheer dumb luck. Impossible, yet it had to happen somewhere. No matter how bad the odds, if even one percent of a chance existed in this vast, twisted universe, and the Warp was made up of such possibilities. Put like that, perhaps it was not so unlikely after all.

In appearance; it was a frozen scene of devastation. A graveyard, forever preserved. There was a ship, long and slim and metal. Fire was belching from its underside, frozen forever in its flickering shape. It was beautiful, until you saw the free-floating corpses which dotted the scene, the screaming faces never to fully die, the silent screams, and the madness in the eyes.

But that wasn't important. The ship, the people, they didn't matter. Just another handful of victims for the Warp to leech upon. Their souls were already claimed, and their deaths would be long coming. However, the same could not be said for all the wreckage of that battle. Across from the ship, there was someone else. A body, suspended in space. His fist was extended to block an attack that was no longer there. His skin was frozen; his death had come before the shift.

Around the body, there floated a small halo of wreckage. Twisted metal struts, bits of rock, frozen blood. All of it was dull, grey. Like space had taken the colour from the whole thing. As though in preserving, something vital had been lost.

Except in one place. Close to the centre of the expanding ball of grim dark, there was a tiny thing. A device that could fit snugly in the palm of a hand; yet with the power to change the whole universe.

System Reboot....

Online.

Power Level at 39%

Accessing Memory Files....Memory files corrupt. Unable to access.

Accessing higher functions....

Projection Online

Artificial Intelligence Online

Unable to pinpoint location. Current location matches no known charts.

Warning! Minute traces of Yellow Energy have been detected within substructure. Full Constructs have been compromised with Fear. Alien traces of Rage, Hope, Love and Will also detected. Unable to access higher functions until purged of infection. Attempting purge...

Purge failed. Current power levels insufficient for success. Access to Power Battery required for successful removal of infection.

Unable to connect to Central Battery. Unable to connect to Power Battery.

Initiating emergency procedures.

Seeking wearer...

The Ring floated powerlessly in space. Like a raft cast adrift in the vastness of the ocean; now and then it was passed by some other chunk of wreckage, like a lonesome island on its voyage. It could have sat there for a thousand years, or a few seconds. The on-board computer did not know; and anyway, it was too busy teasing dormant systems to life. Rerouteing and then rerouteing that until the whole internal structure was vastly different. Supplies of power were called forth; the horribly limited energy rationed out and portions into a dozen different tasks.

Slowly, the grey ring began to take on another colour. It was faint, but present. An aura of power projected by the computer in a last attempt to latch onto some means of locomotion. In another place, this would not be such a difficult task, but it was drained, corrupted. The AI had to fight tooth and nail for any response at all.

The ring oriented itself; spinning on its axis. From here, the cracks were more visible; they ran deep like scars almost to the very core of the machine itself. From them sputtered fierce, primal light quite at odds with the controlled aura of the ring. Like deep wounds; they bled into space; and like wounds, if allowed to go unhealed they would soon drain the ring dry. The computer in charge knew this; and also knew that it was limited by design. If it was to survive then it needed a bearer to wear it; a passive source for emotional energy to sustain its lagging reserves.

So it did what all good Power Rings did. It picked itself up and started to scan for a wielder.

What emotion did it scan for? What did it find?

_

Rage: An ancient warrior; a howling fury, a loss that shakes his soul

Love: A woman of many questions brought low by treachery; her lover's blood staining her arms. A heart cries out for aid.

Will: Screams of fear; the smell of blood, one man who stands where others do not.

Fear: They followed him out of fear and now they die rather than face his wrath; cut off and alone he stands and watches with cold eyes.

Hope: A world of complicated things; a man no longer man, a desire to see things long since vanished. Hope burns where despair would dwell.

Compassion: A laughing fool; a bloodied axe, a destiny forever altered. Redemption or destruction.

Greed: A ship of gold; a man on the run; a tide of orange.

Death: The scent of decay; a screaming soul sheared from existence itself. Death greets its own and comes for those who would deny it. [Hard Mode, Bad End enabled]

Life: A man cursed and reviled; a galaxy alight with fire; a soul torn from oblivion, destiny awaits. [Hard Mode, ultra-bad end possible]

Deadly Snark said:
By the definition of the word, they all are actually.

True, but to stick with the analogy, this is like calling them murderers because Myotismon killed people.

But I don't wanna spoil if you guys like I'll spill the secrets after the final vote.

Talos said:
True, but to stick with the analogy, this is like calling them murderers because Myotismon killed people.

But I don't wanna spoil if you guys like I'll spill the secrets after the final vote.
Well in conflicts, guilty by association is a thing. It's not fair of course, but that's just how it goes, human nature and all that jazz.

Also, well okay, A Power Ring in the 40K universe. That could be good or bad, but it'll definitely be big.

Deadly Snark said:
Well in conflicts, guilty by association is a thing. It's not fair of course, but that's just how it goes, human nature and all that jazz.

Also, well okay, A Power Ring in the 40K universe. That could be good or bad, but it'll definitely be big.

I have a bearer in mind for each option, and all of them have different plotlines and personalities. There are clues given for what kind of person each bearer is, of course, but (I hope) that a few of them will be pretty surprising.

i'll be waiting for the last op to make a decision. as for the flamedramon quest i'm hoping that people don't sabotage him for two reason. 1 he might be a useful ally if he figures out his boss is a douche, 2 having a new faction to spice things up :D

noahgab1133 said:
i'll be waiting for the last op to make a decision. as for the flamedramon quest i'm hoping that people don't sabotage him for two reason. 1 he might be a useful ally if he figures out his boss is a douche, 2 having a new faction to spice things up :D

The next OP won't be until tomorrow, sadly, as I still need to put the finishing touches on it, but I can reveal that it isn't about any of the pre-existing factions and has no direct connection with Myotismon at all. It also features two Digimon who appeared in Tamers (Their line, not the particular Digimon themselves) and may be a prelude to a bigger change in the world.

__

As I write these words, I can hear the cries growing stronger. The walls have fallen, and the inner chambers are now besieged. The sounds of battle carry through every hall, and this blighted place runs with the blood of our kind once more.

I do not have much time. Even now, the enemy is getting closer, and my power is sorely needed on the frontlines. I have taken a few moments to compose this, most probably the last letter you shall ever receive from me. I will try to keep this short, the Woodmon battle bravely, and I cannot leave them to their fate, even if the only other option is for me to share it.

I am writing this to say goodbye, but more than that, to give you warning and a mission. I know, I know, you owe me nothing and would be entirely within your right to refuse this last wish, but please at least read the rest of this document before you make up your mind.

The threat comes from the North, from the city there. It is a hive of machinery and home to many Guardromon, but their leader, Datamon has long harboured a desire to control our lands. I was foolish in that I wished for peace, but it is clear to me now that such was never possible. The fact of the matter is that this temple houses several artifacts that are more or less one of a kind. Things that were given to us in keeping, when the last group that ruled here was destroyed. Since then, those artifacts have been passed down through the line of the temple's guardians, until it reached myself. I vowed, as all who came before me did, that I would die before allowing these things to fall into the wrong hands, and I fear Datamon is exactly who I was warned about.

But I am getting ahead of myself. You are doubtless wondering just what this has to do with you, or what objects I am even talking about. Long ago, an entirely different group used to rule this land we now live on. I don't have time to go into their history, suffice it to say that they were akin to the Olympus Twelve, or the Royal Knight. Powerful beyond imagining, and yet they fell as all must do eventually. When they did, their cities came crashing to the ground and fires consumed most of their land.

There were a few survivors, and one of them was able to gather several objects of power within the wreckage, and then he fled. Pursued by the forces who had caused the great downfall. Into the forest, he ran and there he was ambushed by Woodmon, as we are want to do. He made a deal, or called up some old oath or perhaps promised power, all we know is that they hid him, and promised to do so for all the items he had gathered.

They formed a temple, dedicated to an ancient power, and buried the three objects deeply within the earth. There it was hoped that no one would ever find them, but I fear that time has come and gone. Datamon desires the power of these items, and I do not think I can deny him now. My strength is nearly gone, I am old, and have not long left. Though I will fight...I cannot say I expect a victory.

Now listen, when you two were born, I knew that you were each destined for special things. The truth is that your kind is rare, and two born from one egg rarer yet. So I have kept you here, and trained you as best I could. It was not always easy, and we did not always get along, but at least believe that I have good intentions. I was never a father to you, but I watched the two of you grow, and I was proud. When I heard the first rumblings of conflict, I sent the two of you away and by the time you return, it'll be over. The temple will be empty, and the warrior order will be destroyed.

This letter will be hidden, and hopefully should find you easily enough. The artifacts are powerful and ancient, and should not fall into the hands of the evil at heart. I pray to you that you two find the strength to challenge Datamon where I failed. I know this must seem an impossible task, you are young and not yet even of the champion level, but I believe in you and I know the power that slumbers within you both. I believe the two of you will save the items, and maybe even the world itself.

I must go now. I hear them at the door. They think they have won, well I still have some surprises left. I may be old, but this Cherrymon is not about to lay down for the axe.

To end this, I must say how proud I am of you both. Whether you decide to take up this quest or not, I was privileged to see you grow. So long, my students.

__

Lopmon slowly put down the charred letter. The chocolate coloured Digimon was at a loss, it was like a nightmare to her. She had only been away for a few days, but to think that Master Cherrymon had known this might happen. It was almost too much. All the friends that she would never see again...

The temple's tunnels were charred black now. Cracks and craters marred what had set in perfection for hundreds of years. She felt almost empty, as she sank to the ground, her long ears getting under her feet. For once she didn't even notice.

What is it sis?" Her brother. His white fur in contrast to her brown. Like her, Terriermon was a small Digimon, and his ears hung down to his feet except for when he was using them to moves something, or to listen in – which he often did. His usually jovial voice was a shade of itself at the moment, and had been since he had seen the state of the temple, of their home. What does it say?"

Wordlessly, she tossed the piece of paper, and he caught it. His eyes scanned over the words, and she saw him blanch.

He knew this was coming! Why didn't he warn us?" Terriermon growled.

He did...." Lopmon said, her voice was tiny compared to her brother's. She was still lost in thought. That's why he sent us away, remember? He didn't want us involved if a fight broke out.

Why not everyone then?" Terriermon's voice rose. Why not just leave with these stupid pieces of junk? Then no one has to die!"

"It was his duty." Lopmon sniffed. He swore to defend the temple, and so did all the Woodmon. They decided they'd rather stand and die than run and be cowards."

"There's a difference between cowardice and being smart." Terriermon said. "Rebuild somewhere else! As long as you survive, you can come back and try again. Why the hell would he pull something like that?"

As she often did, Lopmon felt the very faintest edge of a concept in her mind. She wanted to say that Terriermon had got it wrong, that it wasn't because they were afraid of being scared, but because their duty was so important to them, like they had been compelled to stay because of it. It wasn't that they hadn't wanted to leave, but because it hadn't even occurred to them they could. It was because...because...

Here the thought trailed, and she experienced the familiar feeling of being adrift in her own mind. She couldn't speak up, not without knowing why. She'd look foolish and she didn't want that. Especially not now. Terriermon was always acting like he had to look out for her, if she seemed like she was off it'd only get worse.

But then... she'd never been alone like this before either. Without the Woodmon, or Master Cherrymon who had always been so nice even if Terriermon didn't like him. He had always had time for her, and talked to her about her dreams. That such a kind old Digimon had been killed because he had something that Datamon wanted. It made her so angry...

Something stirred in her, that same old feeling of almost but not quite grasping a meaning. She frowned, and her brother noticed.

What you're not actually thinking of getting those things back are ya? I mean, its suicide! Datamon's an ultimate, how would we ever beat him?"

"Maybe we don't have to..." She mused. "We're small, we can sneak in... steal them..."

"Wow now, is this my little sister who wouldn't even break the law to save her life?" It was a weak joke considering what had happened, but it showed that he was still himself. Reliable, even if most of that came from his tendency towards bad jokes.

"I think we should go after the items." She said. "It was what Cherrymon wanted."

"Pffh, Cherrymon." Terriermon said. "As far as I'm concerned that guy can go rot in a grave somewhere."

"Well then maybe I'll just do it on my own!" Lopmon snarled, and left the room before her brother could even react.

Terriermon stood alone, one hand going to the back of his head. "Ah geez, I said something stupid again didn't I?"

-

Choose your character!

[] Terriermon.

Terriermon is a determined but loveable Digimon who was raised in the care of Cherrmon. He never got along with the old master, and constantly struggled to see more of the world. The attack on the temple was a mixed blessing for him. Now, he is able to travel freely and do as he wills, but his loyalty to his sister prevents him from following up on that goal. In an ironic twist, fate has made him the protector he was already being trained to be.

Terriermon is an excellent tracker, his ears are by far the most sensitive of anyone in the forest, challenged only by his sister. His sense of smell is superior as well. His personality is an affable one, he gets along well with people but can be obnoxious at times and he still has much to learn about his chosen role.

[] Lopmon

Lopmon is the female sibling, and the younger (Though only by a few seconds.) Just as Terriermon was undergoing reluctant training to be a protector of the temple, Lopmon was being taught the art of diplomacy and communication. Her tracking abilities have atrophied a bit due to long hours in doors, but she still boasts of considerable talent in that direction.

Lopmon is more insular than her brother; though cheerful she refrains from jokes or good natured prods and prefers to be on her own more. She likes to read and to learn, and a strange dream she has had since she was first hatched had taught her that there is more to the power of magic than her brother's dismissive opinions.

That is actually really interesting.

As are the items of power, could they be Spirits? Cards? Digivices? The possibilities are endless!

the last op is the most interesting i think.

[x] lopmon

I will leave the choice open for today, maybe tomorrow as well before we count the votes, but it is looking pretty solid right now.

[] Lopmon

Life sounds like Horus after Emprah removed the Dark gods from his soul.

Welp, I guess that's that everyone. The votes are in, and it looks like we'll be playing the Lopmon/Terriermon quest next! (better name pending) I'll post it soon, maybe even in a moment but the first real update will have to be tomorrow or the day after. Still, no harm in choosing characters right? Stay tuned for the quest.

All right, the thread is up, title is ''who speaks for the beasts?'' but expect that to change at some point, I don't want t ogive away too much with an early title. Hope to see you all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back