• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I Now Have a Subscribestar (Non-NSFW announcement for Ao3 purposes)

DepthOfHeart

Love and Lust in Equal Measure
FYI, I am making a new thread because I need to be able to make this announcement on Ao3, but links to stuff like Patreon are not allowed - and since people on Ao3 might not have QQ accounts to access NSFW stuff, I needed a non-NSFW page to link to. Apologies if this isn't allowed for any reason - let me know if there's something else I can do.

---

So - for a while now I've been wondering if I might want to do something to capitalize off my writing. A long time ago I determined I was never going to be a professional writer, partially due to how few original ideas I had and my predisposition towards fanfiction, so I hadn't really considered the idea - until I wrote more than three hundred thousand words on a single fanfic - approaching three and a half hundred thousand now :eek: - and now I'm even writing other miscellaneous stuff regularly, so I realized I needed to take advantage of this momentum.

My initial instinct was Patreon - however, looking into it, I discovered that its rules are not kind towards NSFW writers of my type, having a vague ban against loli content and an explicit ban against incest, even fictional - so I had to find other options. I did eventually find one that looked like it might work, but word around the internet was it would probably take months to get approved for it. Still, I put up a profile, figuring it couldn't hurt, and -

- I got approved. Literally a day after.

So, I now have a Subscribestar! Before anyone does anything, though, some things to make clear - right now how this is going to work is extremely up in the air. My intention is not to make things hidden behind paywalls or have whole tiers worth of content that you can only access through payment - right now, I just want to give people a way to support me. It's set at $5 right now, I don't know if it's possible to donate less or more as it is without adding more tiers - if anyone runs into trouble, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. EDIT: Since I'm now wholly unconvinced it's possible to give more or less than the default amount, I have added tiers of $1 and $10.

As for what perks I do want to give people who pay…I'm open to suggestions. A general thought is maybe just posting chapters of both ToL and my miscellaneous writings a week ahead of time, but even that is uncertain. What I definitely do not want is to make promises about something that I cannot deliver - I don't want to shackle myself to doing a commission, for instance, because I don't like writing things on command. That being said, who knows what the future will hold. Maybe someday I can get a system worked out, or maybe not.

In any case, I believe I've said all I need to for now - here is the link in question:
https://subscribestar.adult/depthofheart

Thank you all for your support. You should not feel like you have to donate - I'm just happy I've even gotten to the point where I can feel like this is a feasible option. I don't desperately need money or anything, I'm not on hard times - I just want people the opportunity to show their support if they want to, but even as it is, just your good will is extremely appreciated.

Thank you for everything,
- DepthofHeart

Last edited:
An update on this general situation - I now finally, finally, FINALLY have actual perks for the tiers! Everything there goes up half a week, a week, and a week and a half ahead of time to when I post it publically here and on Ao3 - meaning there's anywhere from one to three chapters available there depending on how much you want to spend.

"...Wait, did it really take you THAT long to come up with such a simple system?"

…shut up. Anyway, once again, any support you want to give is greatly appreciated. I know the timing isn't…perfect, considering ToL is going to go on hiatus soon, but I wanted to get this system in place and be done with it.

Thanks once again for all your support,
- DepthOfHeart

One more update - at someone's recommendation, I now also have a Ko-fi. While this may seem like overkill, the Subscribestar will be for monthly donations (and perks for that) while the Ko-fi will be more for solitary donations. So if anyone wanted to donate but didn't want the commitment of a monthly subscription, here's a way for you to support me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back