• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Important Forum Notice

I was assuming the entire thing, but I guess I don't actually know.

Presumably an actual upgrade notice would include details of what's actually going on too, IDK.
Just the hive mind part, I'm pretty sure the update is real. I don't think they've set a deadline for when they're doing it, but I've heard they're gonna do a test run of it beforehand so people can get an idea of the changes.

Everyone, you've heard us talk about it before. We heard complaints that we didn't need to change, we heard prayers to not lose the style we had but fact is, we did need to upgrade from Xenforo at some point. That time is now. We DO need to have our security up to date, no matter how much we may want to preserve the current layout of QQ.

But we will not be upgrading to Xenforo 2.

We actually found a better forum software, which is even more amazing than Xenforo! Currently called Hivemind 3.0, it allow users to be always be online all the time and always be connected to one another. Already, we have started the transition and can only admire how BettEr iT is cOmpaReD to XenFoRo.

TheRe iS NO nEEd to woRrY. We sHaLL ALL bE as oNe.
Joke's on you! Hive minds are my fetish! All hail the hive!

Let'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLainLet'sallloveLain

Honestly, if this is supposed to be the April Fools prank, it was mis-timed. You should have tracking information for where most of your user-base is, right? That is probably Europe or the US, with a strong presence in Australia as well, given that this is an English Language forum. So you should have gone for something like noon in Europe as your posting time. As it is, you posted at like 10 PM US Eastern, on the last day of March. It is only twenty-three minutes into April Fools Day as I post this.

As to upgrading, I am not sure why people are complaining about Xenforo 2. It isn't that bad, at least on PC. Maybe it isn't good on mobile? I don't know, I don't use a mobile device for internets. And frankly, given that Xenforo 1 is no longer supported and getting to be more of a security risk each month we are still on it? We need something else, probably Xenforo 2 for easy of upgrading.
I have hundreds of tabs open (with a beefy 64GB of ram to fuel it).
But I can't keep SB tabs open because it gives me 100% CPU usage for some godawful reason

I have hundreds of tabs open (with a beefy 64GB of ram to fuel it).
But I can't keep SB tabs open because it gives me 100% CPU usage for some godawful reason
I disable javascript on the xen2 sites, it seems to work
Together with a userstyle to expand spoilers (since the button needs js):
Code:
a:visited
{
	color:#004D99 !important;
}	

.bbWrapper, .message-body, .bbCodeBlock-content, .bbCodeBlock-title {
	font-size:30px !important;
}

.bbCodeBlock-expandContent {
	max-height: max-content !important;	
}

.xenTooltip, .tooltip-content { display: none !important; }

article.message.nf-gifted { border-style:none !important; }

.message .signature { max-height: max-content !important; }

/* This gets the alert box in the right place */
/*.navTabs .publicTabs .navLink {
//	padding: 0 10px !important;
}*/
.p-navSticky, .stickyAvatars section.message-user {
	position:absolute !important;
}
html, .quote, .messageText, .advbbcodebar_article {
 font-size: 16pt;   
}

.bbCodeSpoiler-content {
	height: auto !important;
	opacity: 1;
}

.bbCodeSpoiler-button {
	display:block !important;
}
(it also does some other stuff)

TheRe iS NO nEEd to woRrY. We sHaLL ALL bE as oNe.
images

At this point I don't care if we go to Xeno2 or not, I just want it to happen already so I can see what formatting options and bbcodes break and which look better and which FontAwesome glyphs get their upgraded appearances, because some are better than others, and what implementation we get matters to how I can present things when I write. So I'd like whatever's going to happen to just go ahead and happen so I can get back to testing things.

I'm going to be honest, the hive mind forum update wouldn't really change much, if at all. Considering the amount of different people that use the site it probably averages out to something that's normal (ish) for an individual, except, yknow, it's not individual.

I'm sad this is an April Fools thing because I was all up for being part of a Hivemind of Lewd.
I find this post amusing. I was about to agree.
But in retrospect it won't work.
Too many people have incompatible views on fetishes and the hivemind will either tear itself apart, or smooth us all into identical drones that match its average

I find this post amusing. I was about to agree.
But in retrospect it won't work.
Too many people have incompatible views on fetishes and the hivemind will either tear itself apart, or smooth us all into identical drones that match its average

Ill play the opportunist to your realist for a bit, Tao. Yes, those two options listed are likely, but there are alternatives to how it would turn out. The QQ Hive could still keep it's different preferences for fetishes on an individual level, due to the fact that a Hive Mind can also be multiple connected entities rather than an amalgamation of it's members mental states. Considering the way QQ does things normally, the Hive would certainly retain at least a form of this individuality, to both compensate for fetish diversions and for socializing, as even though we would be connected, we are by nature social creatures, and the structure of the Hive Mind could allow individual participants to selectively share thoughts and memories, and the strengthening of a relationship within the Hive would have the participants grow more coordinated with each other.

TL : DR, QQ Hive could easily be multiple connected individuals in overlapping polygamist relationships.

Hive Mind, noun: A notional entity consisting of a large number of people who share their knowledge or opinions with one another, regarded as producing either uncritical conformity or collective intelligence.
And this example does not produce an uncritical confromity and not a collective intelligence.

Don't have to deal with massive margins if you don't use 1920x1080. Men of culture view the site in 4:3.
I have it at whatever the default for my computer, browser, and such is; I don't feel like digging around to change things for this one site. Everything else works fine, so I use the theme that does as well.

I, for one, am ready to add my biological and technological distinctiveness to the forum's!

Don't have to deal with massive margins if you don't use 1920x1080. Men of culture view the site in 4:3.
I generally keep my main browser window expanded to the right ~75% of the screen. On a modern 16:9 screen, that brings it back to about a 4:3 aspect ratio while maintaining the full resolution of the screen and leaving a sidebar on the left for an alternate window or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back