• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

You move silently through the red miasma of your home, staying in the shadows as you hide from prey and predators alike. Watching, waiting, for a moment, to strike an unwary victim. As time moves on, you focus on a scarab.

Its shell is multicolored gold and green, gleaming in the light of the glow-flowers. It has been unwary as it searched for food in the ground, and is a distance away from its kin. You approximate the distance, is it enough? Could you fell it and drag it away before the others could save it?

Suddenly it stiffens and paranoia makes you check the pattern around you. It's a small thing, helping you with blending in with your surroundings. You can feel it pulse around you. It is functioning. Is it something else then?

What do you do?
[] Strike before it decides to run.
[] Wait and see.
[] Flee.

You were born a:
[] Human
[] Tiger
[] Fox
[] Lizard
[] Snake
[] Octopus
[] ???

Your new home caused you to:
[] Grow
[] Become somewhat immaterial, your ghostly form can pass through normal matter
[] Develop new ways to kill and incapacitate
[] Adapt strangely

From Nekraa's Muse, Nekraa presents Survival (Quest)!

... It is a setting created by and for Nekraa. Nekraa should leash the muse. It is a fickle thing that does what it want to do.

What do you do?
[X] Strike before it decides to run.
You were born a:
[X] Human with pointy ears
[X] Become somewhat immaterial, your ghostly form can pass through normal matter

What do you do?

You were born a:
[X] Snake

[X] Adapt strangely

What do you do?
You were born a:
[X] Octopus
[X] Develop new ways to kill and incapacitate

Who wouldn't want to play a murderous octopus?

Last edited by a moderator:
You sit at the breakfast table, idly swishing your legs back and forth under the table. Your parents lightly murmer something to each other as you hold a well-read copy of "The tales of Beedle the Bard" open with one hand and scoop eggs up to your waiting mouth with another. Honorable Grandfather watches the muggle television and harangues the "Poorly trained, ignorant excuses for fighters" that are fighting on the WWE, and Li switches between watching him and the screen with wide eyes.

The sound fluttering of wings catches your attention, and causes you to look up at the window. Ru, the family Collared Owlet, has arrived with the morning mail. Your eyes are drawn to a single parchment envelope with a distinctive seal, and you leap out of your chair with a happy squeal. Quickly opening the envelope, you scan the contents-
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Chang,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

250px-Minerva_McGonagall_sig.png

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress
You suppress the urge to squeal a second time. You're in! For real!

Honored Grandfather, naturally, has to rain on your parade. "Bah! Sending the girl off to learn the westerner's sorcery, are we? Our own traditions not good enough for her, are they?" He sneers at Father slightly. "I would have thought I taught you better respect for tradition then that."

Oh dear.

"I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, Revered Elder," No he doesn't. You've heard what Father and Mother say about Honored Grandfather when he's not around. "But we cannot cling to the past! You came to this country to find a new future-"

"Horse-shit I did! I came to this country to SAVE our traditions for the future! Unless you forgot about what happened during the revolution?!"

Well. That escalated quickly.

[] Escape to your room. You suddenly remembered that you've got some books to read.
[] Side with Daddy. You want to go to Hogwarts! Who cares what that shriveled up old man thinks?
[] Side with Honored Grandfather. The old man deserves some respect from somebody.
[] Something else?

Got the plotbunny for a Cho Chang quest a little while back. [Read, last night]

Honestly, I like the idea. But I figure I might as well run it by the voters before I make it into a thing.

Vin. You have a problem. A Plot Bunny problem.
You need halp.
:p

If you drop Stylish Quest for this, I will slay you.

Otherwise, full speed ahead.

FurikoMaru said:
If you drop Stylish Quest for this, I will slay you.

Otherwise, full speed ahead.

I'm not dropping Stylish Quest. Was considering dropping Watamote Remix, or maybe the Goeta Quest which rapidly went way further into creep territory then I really feel comfortable with on SB [And also which lost like half the voting bloc once people found out they voted for a hippy demon]

[X] Escape to your room. You suddenly remembered that you've got some books to read.

Biigoh said:
[/center]What Do?
[X] Ask certain Tanuki to give up a quest and do this one?
[X] Hope certain Tanuki find more free time... somehow to do this quest?
[X] Look forlornly at this quest and suspect that you're being teased.
I want to play as a man beast.

Goblin Party Quest - Teaser

GoblinPartyQuest.png

The idea had come to you, like all truly great ideas, when you were drinking.

To be precise it had come to you when you were nursing a stein of cheap beer in a dark corner of a tavern, grimacing at the bitter taste of the slop and trying to keep to the shadows so that none of the humans who were lucky enough to be belligerent drunks noticed the goblin in their midst.

You were vaguely ashamed that you, a master alchemist and expert pimp, had ended up in this situation. When you'd left your tribe, after an incident involving confusing which captives were to be ransomed and which were to get trained for the warriors use, you'd been sure that the entire world would be spread before you like a trained elf's thighs. Instead it turned out that humans, and many other races, seemed to hold your racial reputation against you.

After being chased out of one too many small towns, and having left behind your valuables piecemeal or having had to use them to buy ingredients for healing potions, you'd realised what part of the problem was. Nobody wanted to have a goblin work for them, everyone knew each other so dosing some girl into working under you wasn't an option, and those who were offering quests seemed not to even see you at times.

(Honestly you'd started to get paranoid enough to check for curses which made people ignore you, but a few attempts at petty theft proved otherwise when you had to leave that town in a hurry too.)

You'd been thinking over how unfair this had been when you saw something which almost made you spit out your beer. An armed and armoured drow, one of those bloody dark elf sadists from the Underground, walked into the tavern... and nobody reacted!

To be accurate you spat out a mouthful of beer and the barkeep said something disapproving before asking what he wanted to drink, but you'd seen what happened when a one had come near a city at all. Screams, belligerence, and lynch mobs or sending someone for the guard is what happened but not this time. Instead he declined, actually said no, to the barkeep and walked over to where a pair of Adventurers were talking to one of those weird old men in robes who hung around taverns.

Now you'd spent almost a day begging, pleading, and trying to bribe your way into being in their official party (they even had the documents from some town hall saying that they were an adventuring party and you had so much you could do with the tax loopholes allowed to professional adventurers) but this guy just walked up, said his name and what he was good at, and they accepted him. Despite him being a drow.

Since the Old Guy, who was currently showing them a map, had sat down in the darker side of the tavern you weren't so far away not to catch a little on the conversation between them. Ignoring the stuff about the jewellery of some ancient evil guy you managed to catch one of them say to the drow that "looking like that" and "only letting you in the party because of the PC glow".

You'd heard about weird blessings, curses, and traits before now which many people had but up to this point you'd not realised that a particular one was needed to be an adventurer. It did make sense now though how they could walk in and suddenly people were telling them all about rats in the basement, skeletons in the closet, and won't you just help for more money than we normally scrape together in a year?

Well, you knew what to do now. You weren't a master alchemist for nothing (and it'd cost a lot to bribe them into making you an official master) and you knew how to extract, distil, and imbue far weirder things than just some blessing which had to be fairly common given the number of adventurer's around.

When you got back to the grubby rented room you'd brew up something which would help, you could see now how to do it, then use up most of the rest of the reagents you had on hand into making a 'friend' potion. One person did not a party make after all and you remembered one woman who'd be really useful to have along once you managed to get her to share a drink with you...

You signalled the barmaid for another drink, your beer having vanished somewhere along the way, and grinned even as you shelled out one of your few remaining coins on it. There was no reason to sting though, after all it wouldn't be long until you could afford the very best of everything with bling and a pimp hat yours once more...

-oOo-
Goblin Party Quest
-oOo-

This should be fairly light hearted, and firmly NSFW, as a goblin manages to attain 'PC status' without realising the problems associated with it. Watch as he recruits ladies into this pimp stable party, deals with improbably random encounters, attempts to dodge tax collectors, wonders about the size of these sewers, and 'buffs' party members with his elixirs... and, of course, looks for a really good hat.

If sufficient interest is shown then I'll put this up with options on your first recruit. Updates will probably be pretty small, but I'll try to make them regular.

^_^ [X] Cleric Recruited.

Dat Cleric :p

I would join a quest like this in a heartbeat.

[X] Warrior

Because I feel like being different XD

Might be tempted by a Monk in a scanty outfit though.

Guile said:

What Tanuki said:
Biigoh said:
!!!!!

[X] A land of faeries
[X] Your family is dead. Killed in a senseless act of nature. But that's okay; there is a way to go back and save them. You just need enough power... and you know? When people die, they leave these things called Remain Lights...

NOX!!!! in Alfheim.

I've had a Quest Idea kicking around my head since I found out about Mutants and Masterminds.

You are Kyle Reese (no relation I just like the name), a Cape in the Wormverse set during the 2 year time skip. You are a member of the Wards program in the up and coming city New Phoenix (Name subject to change), where something seems to be happening as parahumans are starting to go missing through the city. Your power classification is a Master 6, the ability to create and somewhat control monsters.

Your team includes: Artemis, Glitch, Longshot, Mighty Mouse, and Cheshire.

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
Your team includes: Artemis, Glitch, Longshot, Mighty Mouse, and Cheshire.
Tinker, two Hunter types, grab bag and teleporter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back