• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Backround

It started in the early 21st century. 2020CE. Greatest self depreciating joke in human history. A new Element had accidentally been created in an experimental Fusion Reactor. Exocite, the key to the next step in scientific evolution. New advances in all areas, Scientific, vehicles, engineering, space travel, artificial gravity; Weapons.

World War Three started in 2031, fought over raw materials, instead of politics or ideology, devastated the world. 7.72~ billion people became 650~ million in under 5 years, dropping further to 170~ million within the next 5 years due to starvation and rapid climate shift.

But Humanity recovered quickly, saved by the same technology that lead to so many deaths. Google Sat-Com, GSC, remained partially intact after the war. Needing only power to move instead of reaction mass the GSC network simply rearranged itself to cover as much area as possible. Though the bandwidth of the highly thinned network was low compared to its former ability it still was enough to connect people the world over. After hackers unlocked it for use without paid accounts, what with Google itself basically destroyed.

Slowly Humanity abandoned the land for ships, outside of places on land required for building more ships such as mines and ports. Most of the ships built were truly massive, wonders of engineering, City Ships; kilometers long ships capable of supporting tens of thousands or more people with only moderate outside support.

Starting around 2045 a new Meritocratic world government began forming, backed by a thin layer of direct democracy to give direction. Though it takes nearly a decade to become formalized.

~~~~~~~~~~~`
TMA Alexandria - Athens Class Mobile Archology Void Ship

You sit up, head spinning, slow pulsing orange glow of the ships warning lights groggily grabbing your attention. Looking forward to the holo interface that should be in front of you, you see nothing, only the solid base station that holds the holo interface hardware. Reaching forward you push your fingers into two hidden recesses and pull back toward you, wondering what went wrong with the drive test.

From the front of the base station a thin keyboard flips forward before rising to level with the stations top, angled slightly for ease of use. From the stations top two moderately sized thin screens pop up before sliding forward closer to you, the screens powering on to show a blur of a bad interface connection.

A quick key combination changes nothing so you reach to the side of the right monitor and flip a mechanical toggle. The screen quickly changes to show the still used ancient white text on black background of the computer core's active operations notification program

Code:
Command Core Re-initialization ... Complete

Checking Secondary Systems ... Complete
--No problems reported
--Primary - Secondary switch reported
--Station Keeping Set
--No Anomalies on secondary Sensors
--Location Unknown : No Beacons Detected, Secondary Astrogation Calculating. Eta 5 hours

Primary System Restart Pretest ... Running
--Power Plant 1 95%
--Power Plant 2 100%
--Power Plant 3 86%
--Power Plant 4 90%
--Power Plant 5 0% Emergency Shutdown Active - Requires Full Activation
--Power Distrobution 78%
--Lifesupport 92%
--Gravity 97%
--Inertial Dampener system 100%
--Sensors 60%
~~~Gravitc Sensors Require Manual Reboot
--Main Drive 85%
~~~Bow Drives Require Realignment
--Boost Drive Array 0%
~~~Damage from power surge : Repair requirement Unknown
--Inertial Dampener Booster system 100%
--Damage Control 95%
--Emergency Recorders 100%
--Internal Communications 85%
--External Communications 90%
--Physical Transfer Systems 70%
Primary System Restart Pretest ... Complete

Plant One : setting Safe mode at 60% power
Plant Two : Switching from Safe mode 20% power to full operational status

You quickly read through the backlog, wincing at the damage already apparent. Keeping yourself calm you continue watching the rapidly progressing output with a small amount of dread.

Code:
Plant Three : setting Safe mode at 60% power
Plant Four : setting Safe mode at 60% power
Plant Five : Decoupling power feeds : Plant Five internal power from emergency lines only

Checking Database systems ... Complete -- no errors detected

Switching Lifesupport : Secondary - Main

Primary Command Center offline switching ...
Secondary Command Center offline switching ...
Tertiary Command Center offline switching ...
Quaternary Command Center has control

Internal Communications Activating

Sending General Message
>"General Message : Primary Command Center down. Send emergency crews.
>Secondary Command Center down. Send emergency crews.
>Tertiary Command Center down. Send emergency crews.
>Quaternary Command Center has control of the ship."

Pinging Personnel beacons ... Complete
--All beacons located
--Fatalities Detected ~ 428 personnel lost
--Major Injuries Detected ~ 1204 injured personnel
~~~Directing Medical Personnel
--Minor Injuries Detected ~ 23176 injured personnel
~~~Directing First Aid
--Warning Command Personnel Lost
~~~Sending Notification to Ranking Personnel

The dread settles in further as you see the messages, only to cause you to jump slightly when your holo visor chips before self activating with a simply message

Code:
Commander _________ , You have Command of TMA Alexandria

Ooh this is bad, you don't think your ready for a full Archology command yet, your only 4_ for goddess sake.

Vote options, no write-in's

[N] Yulra Ahlstrom (F) : 45
--Experimental Science Route

[N] Xien Yamato (M) : 44
--Ship Engineer Route

[N] Nona Calysta (F) : 47
--Combat Genius Route (heavy combat is not guaranteed)

[N] Katrina Barker (F) : 44
--Administrator Route

[N] Laith Knight (F) : 46
--Weapons Engineer Route

[ ] Try and run it
[ ] Don't try and run it

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone's interested or willing to give me a hand with it

-0-0-0-0-0-

Sword/Zero Quest

In which a Temporally-Displaced Emiya Shirou winds up in the Fourth Holy Grail War and is Chosen as a Master... whether he likes it or not.

[ ] - Wandering Shirou – The Emiya Shirou from the end of the Fate Route who has spent the last ten years as a traveling hero. He has the greatest actual combat experience and, due to continuing to practice his flawed understanding of his own magecraft, his skin has darkened and his hair grayed to the point he has begun to resemble the unidentified Archer from the Fifth Holy Grail War. Sadly, being self-taught and picked up as he went along, Shirou's Combat and Magecraft Skills are a rather ecclectic mix and comparatively lacking compared to his dimensional analogues. This Shirou wound up being sent back in time by a trap in the lair of a Dead Apostle he'd been hunting.

[ ] - Magus Shirou – The Emiya Shirou who went to England with Rin and Saber after Graduating from High School and studied at the Clocktower as Rin's Apprentice. This Shirou holds the greatest understanding of Magecraft of his alternates, and has honed the Combat Skills he'd inherited from Archer with help from Saber, but his actual Combat Experience is rather lacking. This Shirou wound up in the past as the result of an Experiment Rin was conducting, which was interrupted by her Rival, Luviageltia Edelfelt at a rather inopportune time.

[ ] - Househusband Shirou – The Emiya Shirou who sacrificed everything to save Sakura from the Corrupted Grail and wound up marrying her after the war. This Shirou is, in truth, no longer Human, but rather a Manifested Spirit similar to a Servant, due to Illya's use of the Third True Magic, and maintained via Sakura's ridiculously enormous Prana Reserves. Thanks to his current nature, this Shirou possesses an inhuman level of Magical Potential, but due to the damage to his Inner World by Archer's Circuits he is unable to manifest his Reality Marble. Further, as a Manifested Spirit, Shirou is unable to Regenerate his own Prana, and thus must rely on an outside source in order to maintain both his own Existence and that of his Servant. This Shirou wound up in the past by accidentally triggering a Mystic Code using the Second True Magic while washing some of Rin's things while she was visiting.

[ ] - Heaven's Failure – The Emiya Shirou from the Heaven's Feel route who's life was saved by Illya sacrificing herself and transferring his damaged Soul into her body. This Shirou, having taken up the name Emillya von Einzbern, retains both his unique Element and Origin, as well as Illya's Wishcraft Sorcery Trait and Genetic Memories, leaving his somewhat confused but capable of truly amazing feats of Magecraft. Sadly, despite Avalon healing the damage done to Illya's body by the Einzberns' Alterations and Experiments, Emillya has only barely aged from the roughly ten years old she'd appeared since inheriting "her" sister's form. Emillya wound up in the past as a result of experimenting with the Jewel Sword Zelretch, which she'd briefly recreated back during the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone's interested or willing to give me a hand with it

-0-0-0-0-0-

Sword/Zero Quest

In which a Temporally-Displaced Emiya Shirou winds up in the Fourth Holy Grail War and is Chosen as a Master... whether he likes it or not.
This is really interesting. So who would Shirou be replacing as a master?

Anyway I like these two options the most.

Magus Shirou

Heaven's Failure

I think I would have to go with this one

[X] - Heaven's Failure

If I remember right the Psycho-Killer was essentially an accidental Master in that War, only being "chosen" due to him inadvertently Summoning Bluebeard while trying to recreate a Magic Circle he found in a book... using the blood of his victims. As I see it, the Grail would automatically go with a (questionably) competent Magus, rather than someone who got in by accident, so Shirou would probably get the Command Seals as soon as he/she appeared.

So he/she'll wind up as Master of Caster... probably. I may wind up using one of the "Special" Classes, depending on what the Voters pick.

If I remember right the Psycho-Killer was essentially an accidental Master in that War, only being "chosen" due to him inadvertently Summoning Bluebeard while trying to recreate a Magic Circle he found in a book... using the blood of his victims. As I see it, the Grail would automatically go with a (questionably) competent Magus, rather than someone who got in by accident, so Shirou would probably get the Command Seals as soon as he/she appeared.

So he/she'll wind up as Master of Caster... probably. I may wind up using one of the "Special" Classes, depending on what the Voters pick.
I was thinking he would replace Caster's master.

The question is what servant he summon. I'm assuming it varies with what background we pick.

This is really interesting. So who would Shirou be replacing as a master?

Anyway I like these two options the most.

Magus Shirou

Heaven's Failure

I think I would have to go with this one

[X] - Heaven's Failure

Hmm, yeah, it sounds like an interesting idea. I think the two Sakura-based Shirous (i.e. Heaven's Failure and Househusband) would work best (I'm totally not biased, honest...), simply because it gives him an actual goal in the war beyond just "stop innocent people dying" (which is not that difficult because none of the masters and servants in the fourth war are particularly inclined to kill innocents aside from Caster, who he's replacing). I'd go for either of those, I'm not sure which would be more interesting of the two, though.

[X] - Heaven's Failure

For the moment at least.

[x] - Magus Shirou – The Emiya Shirou who went to England with Rin and Saber after Graduating from High School and studied at the Clocktower as Rin's Apprentice. This Shirou holds the greatest understanding of Magecraft of his alternates, and has honed the Combat Skills he'd inherited from Archer with help from Saber, but his actual Combat Experience is rather lacking. This Shirou wound up in the past as the result of an Experiment Rin was conducting, which was interrupted by her Rival, Luviageltia Edelfelt at a rather inopportune time.

Not a fan of genderflips and don't want to be reliant on an external prana source for survival.

Saying my reasons for not wanting Househusband Shirou or Heaven's Failure.
I meant the part about the external prana source. Are you talking about Avalon?

While I like the Magus Shirou option I'm just worried about that his reaction to being separated from Rin and Saber might drag down the quest.

I meant the part about the external prana source. Are you talking about Avalon?

While I like the Magus Shirou option I'm just worried about that his reaction to being separated from Rin and Saber might drag down the quest.
No, by not wanting to be restricted by needing an external source of prana I was refering to this part of Househusband Shirou.
Further, as a Manifested Spirit, Shirou is unable to Regenerate his own Prana, and thus must rely on an outside source in order to maintain both his own Existence and that of his Servant.

World War Three started in 2031, fought over raw materials
Plot point makes no sense, why are they starting a war over a product of fusion reactors? Wouldn't the governments just build more reactors of their own rather than starting a costly and probably mutually destructive war?

It sounds interesting though, so we're just somebody thrust into running a damaged cityship in unknown space with 24k people on board? Unfortunately don't know enough about the setting to do more then vaguely guess at certain sci-fi elements being in it. That said,

[X] Try and run it

Plot point makes no sense, why are they starting a war over a product of fusion reactors? Wouldn't the governments just build more reactors of their own rather than starting a costly and probably mutually destructive war?
The reactors are just a tool in the process of plot-tanium production, like a saw is a tool in the process of building a house. Its the raw materials needed to make it(wood in the analogy) that the war was over. will try to clear it up in the text though.

24k INJURED people, more uninjured.

Original setting so you will have to guess at tropes

The reactors are just a tool in the process of plot-tanium production, like a saw is a tool in the process of building a house. Its the raw materials needed to make it(wood in the analogy) that the war was over. will try to clear it up in the text though.
So fusion reactors work to use the mysterious substance X to create some Exocite that's presumably in the island of stability somewhere. This mysterious substance X is something from space with unusual formation conditions that mean it didn't appear on earth or one of those cases where nobody just cottoned onto the fact that those mysterious glowing rocks could be useful somehow?

Yea pretty much on this.

mysterious substance X
On this it is more regular rare materials, the main problems is that the moment they were found to be useful prices shot up and what stockpiles did exist were pretty much gutted. It was an inefficient conversion with less useful byproducts created from the portions of the raw materials that didn't become Plot-tanium. And those in power tried to prevent others from controlling the raw materials due to the power of the weapons that could be created using Plot-tanium. And the weapons created were non Nuclear/Chemical/Biological that could be scaled from grenade to wmd almost linearly.

edit and thats just the explosive weapons, Plot-tanium could be used as a component in other weapons too.

I'm going to try to clear a few things up here. The choices between the different Shirous are effectively the difficulty level of the Quest.

Wandering Shirou is Easy Mode, he's got his Heroic Plot Armor, a mysterious bundle of Skills that he can pull stuff out of (determined by a Luck-based dice roll) and a high level of Eye of the Mind: True, so a lot of the choices will have short explanations attached.

Magus Shirou is Normal Mode, which means you lack the Plot Armor and Eye of the Mind, but he actually has a decent chance against the other Masters without relying on a Lucky Roll.

Househusband Shirou is the strongest of the three Normal Choices, and is thus Hard Mode. Thanks to Archer's Arm being attached to him when he was "Spirit-ized" he's actually inherited the Counter Guardian's Stats, making him a Servant-level combatant... with the downside of needing an outside source of Prana, such as the Leylines, feeding on Souls or finding someone to supply it "the old fashioned way".

Heaven's Failure, meanwhile, is basically GOD MODE, since like Househusband Shirou Emillya has Archer's Stats (being basically Househusband downloaded into Illya's body) and Illya's Wishcraft and Alchemy added atop of things, making her the Strongest without the accompanying Weakness.

As to who you summon as Caster/Saver/Beast/Ruler etc... I'm still working on that. I've got an idea, but I need to do a bit more wiki research before I put it in writing.

Last edited:
Hmm.

God mode sounds a bit too easy.

What happened during the 5th war for the Wandering Shirou route?

The first three are the cannon routes, Wandering Shirou is Fate, Magus Shirou is UBW Good and Househusband Shirou is Heaven's Feel True.

Also, as I pointed out earlier, Difficulty scales to your power level. Easy is weakest, but GOD MODE will have everyone taking Levels in Badass and becoming far more competent.

The first three are the cannon routes, Wandering Shirou is Fate, Magus Shirou is UBW Good and Househusband Shirou is Heaven's Feel True.

Also, as I pointed out earlier, Difficulty scales to your power level. Easy is weakest, but GOD MODE will have everyone taking Levels in Badass and becoming far more competent.
In that case I might go with Magus Shioru instead.

Hmm.

Aww... and her I was hoping someone would be interested enough in seeing Emiya Kiritsugu, Magus Killer and unofficial "Living God of Death". :D Seriously, on GOD MODE his Stats will have a C-Rank in Divinity. Good luck proving you're his kid before he headshot's you from the other side of Fuyuki :p

FYI: I've already got two sequel ideas for quests that'll can come after this one, regardless of which Character you pick... assuming we all survive until the end, of course. The first basically revolves around the Resonance Effect, with the local Shirou gaining the Time Traveler's Memories and thus leading to his own adventures in the future. The other, meanwhile, follows the basic idea of the Time Traveler being dumped into another universe via the standard Second True Magic shenanigans. I'm leaning towards some sort of pen and paper RPG setting, either Exalted or Scion for the stronger Shirous, or the Forgotten Realms for Hero or Magus.

Oh, and don't take the backstories too seriously, as Critical Roles in certain situations will wind up unlocking new/secret abilities and such, so they could very easily get a couple powerups along the way.

"My name is Joshua Joestar, and my power sucks."

So an idea's been bobbing around in my head for a few days. Simply put, fans of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are probably familiar with the author's tendency to turn the most strange and seemingly useless powers absolutely deadly and epic. So, this quest will embody the spirit of that, because a main part will be how seemingly terrible powers are on the surface. The ability to fold paper remotely, the power to call nearby fruit to your location, the ability to mimic animal sounds, these and other awful abilities are things that might rear their ugly heads, both on the side of our heroes and villains. For those unfamiliar with Jojo, think Worm with more people like Taylor, that series seems pretty popular on these forums.

Since I've yet to read part 7 or 8, this will most likely be an AU where a certain universe reset never happened, with the player being the grandson of Jotaro Kujo (who is old enough to be pretty much out of the picture by now), one Joshua Joestar. As with any Jojo, you'll collect partners along the way, and while the point of view will largely stay with Joshua, the players can also seize control of the partners to make use of their (questionably useful) powers. While options will be presented to the players as with most quests (primarily mundane acts and uses for your powers you've previously determined), the strongest tool in your arsenal will be that of ingenuity and write-ins. Your opponents will be in a similar boat, so you won't be utterly stomped, but you'll still need your wits to escape their ploys. Turn seemingly hopeless situations to your advantage, fight past those who seek to stop you, and just maybe, you can survive this ordeal.

What do you guys think? Any takers? Any questions?

I have a couple of ideas for quests running around in my head, but since a brief stint as a GM-Helper taught me that I would make a horrible GM I may as well put them here for adoption. Who knows, maybe someone will pick them up. Both are set in the Resident Evil universe, but are about two different characters (possible spoilers ahead): A Wesker Children (not limited to the good old Albert and Alex) and a Tyrant (mass production version).

This is what little I managed to put together:

1) Wesker

While assuming control of a Wesker Children (Albert and Alex) that already appeared is possible, the higher amount of freedom during the Character Creation with an "OC" character is probably the superior option. Beyond gender and appearance, here are a few of the options I thought of:

A) Good Daughter/Son

Stayed in the project and was eventually given an important position within Umbrella. More resources available (this option would more easily lend to be like an empire builder I think, so it's access to laboratories, scientists, etc. etc.), but believing in Spencer's vision closes off some options. No timeline restrictions.

B) Escapee

Through sympathetic employees or by your own guile, you are no longer under Umbrella's leash. Few/very few resources (Far less likely to be an empire builder and more and adventure) but complete freedom of choice (no options are initially closed off by default). No Timeline restrictions.

C) Reject

Something went wrong (or very right) with you and were removed from the project. Special snowflake, but next to no resources. Timeline restriction: Resident Evil 1 as the starting point.

These options then could have a couple of sub-options each, making it a little more varied:

A1) True Believer.

You believe in your heart and soul (what's left of them anyway) in the vision laid out by Spencer and you will do anything to see it fulfilled. Perhaps more material resources and less human ones with this one. Also it closes off some options.

A2) The Moderate.

Spencer was right, but his approach was... lacking. Mankind does need help and your work can provide it, but raving about becoming a God and leading the New Humanity towards Utopia it's certainly not the way to go about it. Less materials, but more human resources. Again, some options are closed off, but others remain open.

B1) Adopted

Your death was faked after the Progenitor Virus injection (Sudden complications) and given to a sympathetic couple. Be it because of a sudden attack of conscience or the possibility of a quick buck, you are out of the clutches of Spencer and with a caring family. Access to legit careers, better education, superior trainers for physical stuff.

B2) Street Urchin

Gave the guards the slip with a little bit of luck and creative thinking with what you could scrounge up (disappearance was covered up by a panicking guard), then you reached a city and manged to live on your own since then. More connections to shady characters, easier to learn sneaky skills, better at improvising.

C1) The Test Subject

They kept you locked in as they studied your unusual reaction to the virus. They kept a very close eye on you and you had almost lost hope to escape this situation, when something happened and security suddenly got very lax. Higher chance of inhuman appearance, but also more varied and/or better Special Snowflakes.

C2) Feral

They believed you dead and threw away your body. You barely managed to escape the incinerator and roamed the forest around the facility since then. Less chance of inhuman appearance, but on the other hand your Special Snowflake is not as special as it could have been.

===

Resources: What you have available; be it money scientists, laboratories, weapons, mercenaries, training and trainers, backers. It depends on what kind of path you would take: empire building or not.

Special Snowflakes: What abilities the Progenitor gave you. Might be regeneration, retracting claws, hard skin, speed or whatever.

2) The Tyrant

You are a mass produced Tyrant, but something went wrong when you were made: you have your own will, you can make your own choices. What will you do with your freedom?

Short, but there is very little to add beyond a Timeline constriction; as the mass production model first appeared around Resident Evil 2.

And that's it for now. I probably forgot something, but it's late and it can wait until tomorrow. In t he mean time, what do you think?

In The Shadows Of Empire (Tenra Bansho Zero)

You were once one of the common peasantry, living a mean and harsh life in Albion, a life that only got harsher and all the meaner when they came from the Far East; the two Shinto Courts Of Tenra, with their terrible warriors and weapons and their strange, incomprehensible way of life and their bizarre religions that defied the good and noble teachings of the Church.

In a mere century, according to the words of the few scholars you had spoken with while at market, the Shinto Courts conquered Albion and other distant lands, intending on supposedly bringing the 'gaijin' into their 'enlightened' ways of existence. Until the Pendragon Rebellions. Even as a child you were raised on stories of King Pendragon and how he stole the secrets of the Shinto Courts to arm his rebellion, wreaking such bloody havoc against the Tenrans that they were forced to let you reclaim the lands stolen from your people.

It explains why you now farm land with Tenran peasants while an Albionese King rules from his stone castle, protected by Knights and Armors based on stolen Shinto secrets. Why you still use Albion coinage rather than the strange currency of the Tenrans, and why the main taxable crop is wheat and not this 'rice' stuff that no-one in Albion has any idea of how to farm or even use for food.

Life was harsh and mean, but it was all you knew. And then, the Bloody Winter happened as some Tenran noble, insulted by your King's wealth, invaded with his armies and your village was razed by artillery, leaving you adrift and wandering across frost-bitten wastelands seeking refuge from the war.

To make matters worse, you've started to hear voices in your head. But for all of the madness they spout, they've guided you to safety thus far, and kept you from being killed by roaming troops on both sides of the war.

But through it all, you wonder if they have some plan. Or are you just a way to satisfy their whims?

Ruleset would be Tenra Bansho Zero modded slightly based on quests where the MC hears the forum posters as voices in their head. Anyone think this has any potential?

Your family has always been...'peculiar'.

You never asked why your father took your mother's surname, or why there was never any mention of what his original surname is. It didn't seem important at the time.

Why you didn't have paternal grandfathers was obviously more important, because less grandparents meant less candy when either of them visited. That your father constantly refused to address the issue, only declaring your grandfather was to be considered dead...well, it raised questions, but as a child you soon forgot about it.

More interesting was his reaction when you expressed an interest in medicine, something you found out you were surprisingly good at. You never saw your father so mad, nor so adamant your forgot about it. Anything was fine, he said, save for medicine: 'Only ruin lies on that road for our family' were his exact words.

You decided there and then your father had some screws loose. But being stubborn wasn't worth the trouble, so you acquiesced and moved on to what is your current occupation. It didn't stop you from keeping to study it in secret, because fuck your old man.

And then two weeks ago, out of nowhere, an aged lawyer came to you and gave you an old box, saying it was your grandfather's heritage: since your father was dishonored when he renounced his family's name it was now all yours. Inside were a lot of documents, all listing properties that were in your possess now. It even had your grandfather's full name.

Victor Von Frankenstein.

A quick research told you he was once a great surgeon before being ridiculed for proposing some outlandish pseudo-scientific theories about the relation between man and Grimm, losing all prestige and forcing him to retire in isolation in a castle situated near Vale's border.

A castle you were now the legitimate possessor.

Curious about the 'dark' past of your family you went to check the castle yourself, and found out there was a keeper.

Igor__.jpg

Yeah, not the best of beginnings. Apparently the dude's, Igor's, grandfather was your grandfather's assistant, and he wanted to keep up the tradition. You still don't know what possessed you to agree.

However all of that took a back seat when, while exploring the castle, you discovered what appeared to be a secret laboratory, complete with a library filled with your grandfather's notes. The content shocked you: apparently Victor was convinced that the answer for humanity to become the dominant species of Remnant relied not on the use of Dust, but on harnessing and commanding the power of Grimm, gaining a stronger body that would never die of age but just getting stronger. For that he sought to create an hybrid human-Grimm, using dead bodies to create a new, living creature.

He succeeded. The notes didn't say what happened to him or the 'creature' he claimed to have created, but the process is listed there...and you understood every part of it.

"IT CAN BE DONE!" You screamed to the heaven as excitement filled every part of your being.

Yes, it was a good day to be-

[] Ruby Rose
[] Blake Belladonna
[] Jaune Arc
[] Nora Valkyrie
[] Roman Torchwick
[] Coco Adel
[] Cardin Winchester
[] Write-in.

====

A "Frankenstein Junior X RWBY" crossover. Because who doesn't want to do Mad Science?

I've been thinking about a 'gate to a fantasy setting' type quest and how to deal with the issue of government oversight. My favourite solution so far is to remove it completely. The rough outline I've got involves you being the leader of a cult who has decided to try his hand at empire building. This also limits your power a good deal, making it more of a challenge to take over the region the portal opens into. I still haven't decided which fantasy setting, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Dragon Age.

The downside is it could end up almost being two quests in one. One where you manage your cult, the other where you build up your civilisation on the other side of the gate.

The plus side is you would effectively have complete control over how your new civilisation handles things. You can build your new culture from the ground up without having to worry about public reactions to your activities.

Would anyone be interested in a 'cult leader goes empire building' quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back