• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Issue with font colour

Kamikazefrog

What goes on a blank canvas?
To start with, I am unsure that this is an issue with the site as such, because I've noticed the problem occur on other sites too for certain text areas, but I've been unable to locate the issue and fix it on my end, so hopefully someone can help me out. I think the problem lies in the Firefox font settings somewhere, but I can't seem to locate what causes it.

The problem occurs when I'm using Firefox and suddenly started while I was reading a thread yesterday. Without clicking anything as I was just scrolling down the page, suddenly all raw post text changed to a solid black font colour. Needless to say, this means any dark theme is unusable. And it doesn't matter which theme I use, all raw text when reading posts is this same solid black colour.

However, and this is what I find odd, the text inside quotes retains the theme colours, and also the text when I am writing a post retains the theme colours. But when I post it, the colours change to said solid black.

So just as an example:
Text in quotes like this uses the site's theme colours properly,
whereas raw text like this is a solid black font colour. And now that I am comparing it directly in the preview, it also seems the font is different too, so it seems something in Firefox is overriding certain text styles, but not all of them.

Can anyone help?

l9Qp5qp.png

To start with, I am unsure that this is an issue with the site as such, because I've noticed the problem occur on other sites too for certain text areas, but I've been unable to locate the issue and fix it on my end, so hopefully someone can help me out. I think the problem lies in the Firefox font settings somewhere, but I can't seem to locate what causes it.

The problem occurs when I'm using Firefox and suddenly started while I was reading a thread yesterday. Without clicking anything as I was just scrolling down the page, suddenly all raw post text changed to a solid black font colour. Needless to say, this means any dark theme is unusable. And it doesn't matter which theme I use, all raw text when reading posts is this same solid black colour.

However, and this is what I find odd, the text inside quotes retains the theme colours, and also the text when I am writing a post retains the theme colours. But when I post it, the colours change to said solid black.

So just as an example:

whereas raw text like this is a solid black font colour. And now that I am comparing it directly in the preview, it also seems the font is different too, so it seems something in Firefox is overriding certain text styles, but not all of them.

Can anyone help?

l9Qp5qp.png
That's usually caused by someone manually/accidentally setting the text to black in color for some reason.

The person making the post might have accidentally set the color of the font for the section of text to black. Like so, desu.
Ah, no, it's global as it happens on every single post across every thread I've visited

3oF12ZG.png
See the above screenshot. In the post preview you write replies in, theme colours work properly as shown. Your sentence in the quote is coloured normally aside from the "like so" which is coloured black. But in the actual post in the thread, every single piece of text is the solid black colour I'm seeing

Last edited:
Ah, no, it's global as it happens on every single post across every thread I've visited

3oF12ZG.png
See the above screenshot. In the post preview you write replies in, theme colours work properly as shown. Your sentence in the quote is coloured normally aside from the "like so" which is coloured black. But in the actual post in the thread, every single piece of text is the solid black colour I'm seeing
Are you on a phone, tablet or computer?
What browser are you using?
And the theme?

Are you on a phone, tablet or computer?
What browser are you using?
And the theme?
Desktop computer running Windows 10

Using Mozilla Firefox

Are you referring to the site theme or the browser theme?

For Browser I'm using the default firefox theme.
For the site theme, the issue affects literally all of them, I've checked. Currently using the light responsive theme since it's the only one where you can actually read a black text on the background.

wtf the issue literally just solved itself

I have no idea if it is related, but it must surely have been.

I checked the site using my phone to confirm the issue was only on my computer. Since site theme is saved under the profile, I'd guess, it was set to light responsive. So I swapped it over to Dark Responsive to verify it worked fine on my phone, which it did.

When I refreshed the site here on my computer the issue was solved

Because someone asked the sacred tech support questions.
I kneel for the sacred tech support questions

Regardless, this was some really weird bug. Accessing my firefox profile on a separate device seems to have been what solved it. The issue wasn't just present on this site, but also on various other sites through various issues with fonts being changed as well as colours like my problem on this site.

All of the issues are gone now, somehow.

If anyone else has the same issue, I'd try to log onto your firefox profile on another device, as that somehow seemed to fix it for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back