• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

It Gets Worse [Worm AU Fanfic] Complete

Looking at some of the comments made on various Ack-related threads on this and other sites, there are a lot of people who want It Gets Worse to be added to the voting list.

Why? This story is being updated whenever Ack feels like working on it, which is much faster than if it was being updated whenever it won a voting round. Even the most popular stories being voted on have months between updates. I could understand if It Gets Worse only had one update posted like Yet Another Way, or only one chapter like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, or even if the updating rate had lost steam like Another Way, but as far as I'm concerned this story not being on the voting list is a good thing.

Looking at some of the comments made on various Ack-related threads on this and other sites, there are a lot of people who want It Gets Worse to be added to the voting list.

Why? This story is being updated whenever Ack feels like working on it, which is much faster than if it was being updated whenever it won a voting round. Even the most popular stories being voted on have months between updates. I could understand if It Gets Worse only had one update posted like Yet Another Way, or only one chapter like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, or even if the updating rate had lost steam like Another Way, but as far as I'm concerned this story not being on the voting list is a good thing.

I second that opinion, if this goes on vote, it'll be a long time until Taylor's shard can try giving Burnscar pyrophobia

And then Leet gets the bounty on Jack and whoever else he catches in the blast. He blows a bunch of money on booze and vintage video games and blacks out with Uber for a few days. When he wakes up, he's surrounded by working(!) tech that he built while under the influence.

Meanwhile, his shard is off relaxing after that amazing~ session it had, and thinking to itself, 'maybe I could go easier on him for a while'.

Leet then makes a life changing discovery. He's not a one shot tinker at all. No, he's a Drunken Science Tinker! With this new knowledge (and a shard that's happy he's finally letting loose) he goes on an epic video game themed construction spree the likes of which the world has never seen, and likely will never see again. Unfortunately, during a rehearsal for the promotion of Portal 2, something goes wrong when the portals intersect, sucking another of Bakuda's bombs into an opening to a planet full of weird fleshy growths. They manage to shut the rift down before the bomb blows, and forget about the whole thing.

Coincidentally, at that very moment, Scion disappears while rescuing a kitten that had found itself in a tree.

Taylor's Shard adjusts it's reflective glasses and mutters, "Halping..."

So ends the tale of Worm, not with a bang (well actually, with a small bang) but with a near silent 'pop'.

That could actually make a good comedy fic of it's own.^_^

Then L33t demands "Where's the Planet of Blackjack and Hookers?!"

Uber: A thousand years from here

They both get into one of those poker games that grab the characters from other videogames (i think Telltale makes them?). Leet decides that he and Uber can totally get in on that, and makes a dimensional rift opener that drops them in. The two then proceed to follow interesting characters around in their home games.

Leet's shard is super happy and starts giving him all the cool shit it'd been hording.

They both get into one of those poker games that grab the characters from other videogames (i think Telltale makes them?). Leet decides that he and Uber can totally get in on that, and makes a dimensional rift opener that drops them in. The two then proceed to follow interesting characters around in their home games.

Leet's shard is super happy and starts giving him all the cool shit it'd been hording.

then I like to imagine L33t goes too far for his shard, reversing their situation

speaking seriously, I think one of her glass bombs would be an excellent weapon against Crawler
Eh, they did it in canon. P

EDIT: Imp'd

I'm thinking that this time around, Crawler is going to catch about half a dozen of those KK satellite-fired rods that they've never quite dared try on Behemoth (and that Leviathan moves too fast to target with).

I'm thinking that this time around, Crawler is going to catch about half a dozen of those KK satellite-fired rods that they've never quite dared try on Behemoth (and that Leviathan moves too fast to target with).

Oof, rods from god can kill cities.

This... This was amazing. I was really enjoying this even before the e88 incident. It only got better from there though.

You know how people say 'lol' but didn't actually laugh out loud at home? I know I've certainly used 'lol' before just to indicate general amusement/merriment. I do not use it figuratively in the following. I literally LOLed during the Anvil scene with Calvert. I mean.. I.. hahah. It was just amazing.

I cannot state how much I await the next chapter/update. Will need to find the thread on a site that properly alerts me only on OP updates.

New sport: Coil-bating!

Piggot: Calvert.
Calvert: Director. Joining us for lunch today?
Piggot: Oh, I just thought I'd see how you liked the new background music I had them put in for the cafeteria today.
Calvert: Ah?
Piggot: Yes. It's the-
Music: *CLANG! CLANG! CLANG-CLANG! CLANG-CLANG!*
Piggot: - Anvil Chrous.
Calvert: *twitch*

Guard 1: Did you see last night's episode of Darkia High?
Guard 2: Yeah. The anti-bulling message was kinda blunt.
Guard 1: Eh. Some anvils need to be dropped.
Coil: *twitch*

Doctor: Have you been forgetting your hearing protection at the firing range, commander?
Calvert: No; why?
Doctor: You've got some volume-related damage to your ear. Usually this is caused by brief, very loud noises.
Calvert: Is it permanent?
Doctor: No, it'll clear up. It's just some minor irritation to the anvil.
Calvert: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

New sport: Coil-bating!

Piggot: Calvert.
Calvert: Director. Joining us for lunch today?
Piggot: Oh, I just thought I'd see how you liked the new background music I had them put in for the cafeteria today.
Calvert: Ah?
Piggot: Yes. It's the-
Music: *CLANG! CLANG! CLANG-CLANG! CLANG-CLANG!*
Piggot: - Anvil Chrous.
Calvert: *twitch*

Guard 1: Did you see last night's episode of Darkia High?
Guard 2: Yeah. The anti-bulling message was kinda blunt.
Guard 1: Eh. Some anvils need to be dropped.
Coil: *twitch*

Doctor: Have you been forgetting your hearing protection at the firing range, commander?
Calvert: No; why?
Doctor: You've got some volume-related damage to your ear. Usually this is caused by brief, very loud noises.
Calvert: Is it permanent?
Doctor: No, it'll clear up. It's just some minor irritation to the anvil.
Calvert: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

PRT Desk Jockey: Commander, beware the ceiling tiles! Another could fall on you.
Calvert: Why does everyone keep doing this!
PRT Desk Jockey: Director Piggot gives us a bonus for every reference we make.

---

Technical Support: Be careful turning your new computer on, don't want you getting another *snickers* shock.
Calvert: *facepalms in frustration*

---

someone puts some new music on his computer... it's by Anvil (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anvil_(band))

Eh, they did it in canon. P

EDIT: Imp'd

You mean this thing?

I think that's a bit of an overkill. Also hard om everything else in the city.

and if he had dinah.... (pretty sure her power would prevent that)

Coil: What are my chances against Taylor?

Dinah: -100%

Coil: You only do 0-100

Dinah: That's how bad your odds are
Coil: "What are my chances against Taylor Hebert?"

Dinah: "One hundred percent ..."

Coil: "That good?"

Dinah: " ... if you surrender immediately and pledge to spend the rest of your life making her life better. Otherwise ... well, it's not quite zero percent, but I'd have to use scientific notation to describe the number of zeroes between the decimal point and the first non-zero digit."
This... This was amazing. I was really enjoying this even before the e88 incident. It only got better from there though.

You know how people say 'lol' but didn't actually laugh out loud at home? I know I've certainly used 'lol' before just to indicate general amusement/merriment. I do not use it figuratively in the following. I literally LOLed during the Anvil scene with Calvert. I mean.. I.. hahah. It was just amazing.

I cannot state how much I await the next chapter/update. Will need to find the thread on a site that properly alerts me only on OP updates.
You're welcome.

And I like your avatar. Sydney is hilarious.

Dinah: "Otherwise ... well, it's not quite zero percent, but I'd have to use scientific notation to describe the number of zeroes between the decimal point and the first non-zero digit."

Dinah: Please don't ask for me to say all those zeros, we'd be hear all week if I had to

In real life, they would be no more destructive than micrometeorites.
Extremely precisely targeted micrometeorites. Designed by Tinkers.

Not true at all.

At the size of, say, a car, it would never hit it's target. The real world "Thor" design uses very large tungsten rods:
The system most often described is "an orbiting tungsten telephone pole with small fins and a computer in the back for guidance".[citation needed]​ The system described in the 2003United States Air Force report[citation needed]​ was that of 20-foot-long (6.1 m), 1-foot-diameter (0.30 m) tungsten rods, that are satellite controlled, and have global strike capability, with impact speeds of Mach 10.[6][7][8]

That is a shit ton of energy. Maybe not city killing, but certainly enough to kill a block or 5. And it's not explosive energy either, so you'd have problems throughout the city, esp. damaged foundations.

Hell, even the small ones at a mere 100 kg would be around a half ton of tnt in energy.

Fuck, the lazy dog bomb was dropped from a plane and did the equivalent of machine gun fire!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_Dog_(bomb)

Put simply you do not fuck with orbital mechanics and kinetic bombardment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back