• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Jojo's Terrible Adventure

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Your name is Joshua Kujo, and your power sucks.

Perhaps some explanations are in order.

You...
Prologue 1

Scottsman

Know what you're doing yet?
Your name is Joshua Kujo, and your power sucks.

Perhaps some explanations are in order.

You hail from 3 generations of Stand users, people with mysterious powers that let them perform amazing feats. Your great great grandfather, Joseph Joestar, had the power of clairvoyance, crafting pictures from broken objects. Your grandfather, Jotaro Kujo, had the power to stop time itself for a few seconds. Your mother, Jolyne Kujo, could unravel her body into string, or bunch it together for incredible strength. A week or so ago, you powers awoken. Your mother called in some favors and got you tested by the Speedwagon Foundation, who are apparently experts in this flavor of strangeness. They owe your family big time for... something, you're pretty sure.

Your power? Well, your Stand is much less impressive. You...
[ ] Can fold paper remotely. Origami has become trivial for you, but it doesn't seem all that useful practically speaking.​
[ ] Can create sand. This would be neat if you could make more than a handful every 1 or 2 seconds. Which you can't. So that sucks.​
[ ] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.​

Oh, but it gets better. Apparently, now that your power has awakened, you're going to attract people with similar abilities. An according to the stories your mother and grandfather used to tell, odds are these people are not going to be nice. Or particularly stable. Stands are easier to when you have more "fighting spirit", which violent psychotics tend to have in ample supply. You can only pray their powers are as shit as yours...

As you enter school today, something already feels off. Supposedly your family has always had a sense if something bad was going to happen, but it's never been too consistent or specific, and you've discovered it does not, in fact, help you tell if the milk has gone bad. Still, you've always had just that subtle hint that somebody is about to have an awful day. Maybe you'll get lucky. It's not exclusive to you, so it could happen to anyone in the area, probably a complete stranger.

But then, you doubt you can rely on your luck that much.

[ ] Go about your day as normal. If you keep jumping at shadows, that may be what leads to something bad happening. For all you know, your intuition is warning you the lunch lady is gonna spill soup all over herself.​
[ ] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.​
[ ] Fuck this shit, new plan: avoid school for today. You figure whatever bad is going to go down, it will be here, so might as well get as far as you can.​

Prologue 2
[X] Can change wood into other kinds of wood. I mean... maybe that's useful? At least you'll never be at a loss for supplies if you go into carpentry.
It's not the best, but things could have been worse you suppose. Plus with enough effort, you can get it to manifest a physical form. It looks roughly like a human carved out of wood, with darker wood forming small pieces of armor in a few spots. It's head is kinda strange, looking something like a tree stump, with a single knot for an eye. You decided Woodkid would work as a name since... well, kinda obvious. You haven't had much time to experiment with it, so you can't be sure of your limits quite yet.

[X] Keep your guard up. For all you know, this could be the day you finally meet another Stand user, and you'd hate to get caught with your pants down.
You decide to err on the side of caution. You could write it off as nerves, but seriously? You stepped into a potential battlefield the day your stand awoke, you can't afford to call it nerves. Woodkid isn't terribly strong, unfortunately, but if things go wrong, you can always rely on
[ ] Good old strength. You may not be winning medals any time soon, but you're no pushover. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving physical skills, and allows greater feats of strength.)​
[ ] Your wits. You've always had a knack for spotting things and making use of information, you can probably find a way out. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving mental skills, and heightens observation, ocasionally revealing things others might miss.)​
[ ] Your charms. You have a history of talking your way out of unpleasant situations. (Gives a bonus to checks involving social skills, and may allow you to avoid some unnecessary conflicts)​

All in all, the day goes quite normally for the most part, though you get the occasional weird look when you act a little too jumpy. However, things take a turn during lunch. After you finished eating, you decide to go hang out in the halls for a little quiet. As you wait, though, you here what sounds like a dog snarling and barking. Before you have time to question in, another student comes barreling around the corner. "Holy shit dude! A rabid dog got inside! Run!" As he passes by you, he tugs on your wrist, jerking you in his direction as he makes a bee line for the nearby janitor closet.

[ ] Fuck, you don't want to fight a rabid dog! Follow him into the supply closet and hope it doesn't find you.​
[ ] Time to man up and fight a dog! You'll stay behind while the other student runs off and get ready to take this thing on.​
[ ] Write in​
(Hope you guys don't mind me having the character creation stuff be tied into the prologue, keeps things from getting boring hopefully.)

Prologue 3
[X] Your wits. You've always had a knack for spotting things and making use of information, you can probably find a way out. (Gives a bonus to checks made involving mental skills, and heightensobservation, ocasionally revealing things others might miss.)
[X] Fuck, you don't want to fight a rabid dog! Follow him into the supply closet and hope it doesn't find you.
(These two won by a landslide, so I'm not gonna bother giving the exact number.)

You quickly follow the student into the janitors closet. He reaches the door before you do, pulling it open so you don't have to slow down as you get in. Instead of heading in after you, though, he slams the door shut. "Too easy." Aw shit, it's a trap!

"Sorry to do this to ya, but here's how it's gonna work. Michael out here is very well trained. I can make him do whatever I want, including shred people who don't listen. Michael, speak!" From the other side of the door, you hear a threatening bark. (Wits roll:71) Something seems strange about it, though. It doesn't quite sound the same as when it was snarling earlier... "Good boy! So, here's how it's going to work. I'll open the door slightly, and you pass your wallet through. I leave with my dog, and we both go on our merry way, nobody has to get hurt.Or, I suppose you could refuse, in which case you get to say hi to his teeth. So think carefully."

Taking stock of your surroundings, you see shelves lined with cleaning supplies. Bottles of different cleaning solutions, cloths, a lot of basic things. Something that catches your eye, though, is the mop with a wooden handle. It's not much, but maybe Woodkid can do something with it. The door itself, as well as the frame surrounding it, are also made out of wood. Oddly enough, there's also a small jar of sawdust, probably to help sop up certain spills, so that could help...

[ ] Open the door with brute force. Maybe you can overwhelm this guy somehow!​
[ ] Do as he says and give him your wallet.​
[ ] Hole up and wait it out, maybe he won't risk coming in after you.​
[ ] Use Woodkid. What's the point of having a Stand if you don't use it? (Write in your use)​
[ ] Write in​
(New uses for your Stand will always be write ins, but after that they can appear on polls.)

Prologue 4
[X] Convert the doorframe to particleboard and the door to desert ironwood, then ram the door down on him.

Manifesting Woodkid, you quickly convert the surrounding frame to particle board, while shifting the door itself to desert ironwood. With a mighty shove, your strength doubled by working with woodkid, the door tears free from its fram, and you can see your attacker pull back in surprise before the door falls on top of him. He tries to brace against it, but even a normal door is hard to stop once it gains momentum. With the greatly increased weight, the door easily slams him onto the ground. When no dog shows up to devour your face, you step around it, finding him futilely trying to push the door off of himself. "Alright, alright, I give, you got me! Look, there's not even any dog! Just get this damn thing off of me!"

[ ] He's no danger to you any more, you might as well.​
[ ] Fucker can stew for a bit while you question him.​
[ ] How about a little pressure? Surely he can stand you putting you foot down on the door, and if he can't, well, he deserves it.​
[ ] Write in.​

Regardless of what you do, you feel like some answers are in order. (Submit questions you want to ask him and I'll have them come up in the next update)

(Sorry things are kinda slow right now, I promise the action will pick up once we get past the start.)

Prologue 5
[Х] Fucker can stew for a bit while you question him.

"Oh ho ho ho ho fuck no man. No no no. You just threatened me in an effort to steal my wallet. No. Nnnnnnope. See, you're answer some things for me real fast and if I'm happy I'll let you go: A) Why did you try to steal my wallet? B) Are you a stand user? C) Are you, by any chance, working for someone else who may or may not be a diabolical mastermind with weird time fuckery powers, and lastly D) Do you have any idea how much worse I could've fucked you up just now I could've turned this door into a nuerotoxin emitting tree do you have any idea how much restraint it takes to not do that? Fuck you. No, seriously, fuck you. I was having a nice day, and now you've gone and made me break a door down on your face. Shame on you. "

He continues trying to shove the door off of himself, to no avail. "What the fuck, neurotoxin, time powers, evil mastermind, are you high!? I just wanted your money! A guy gets hungry! And what the fuck is a..." he stops pushing on the door quite as hard as he stops to think. "Okay, I know I'm in no position to negotiate, but just... don't go telling everyone about this. I've never heard of no Stands before, but maybe Screamer is what you're talking about?" On cue, what looks like a deep blue sphere, about the size of a ping pong ball and dominated by a mouth with perhaps the ugliest teeth you've ever seen, floats out of his sleeve. It seems to look at you, as much as something with no eyes can, before snarling like a dog. "Yeah, your guess is as good as mine what the fuck is going on."

[ ] Write in. Decide if you wanna try to get this guy up to speed, beat the shit out of him, what have you. Considering I didn't give you guys options, I'll leave voting open longer for this one.

Prologue 6
[X] "Okay, yeah, that's a Stand. Hold on, let me kinda get you up to speed while I get this door off you."
You sigh as you kneel beside him, discreetly using Woodkid's power to make it something less heavy. "Basically... Okay, this is crap that takes a while but quick summary, you're magic. We're magic. We have weird magic spirits that do weird magic things and unforunately like calls to like." You can't help at glance at his tiny Stand, still giving you the evil... mouth? "Err, such as now. And in the future, don't be surprised if some weirdoes jump you to steal your wallet and they can, Iunno, force you to dance or some shit, like I said this crap's weird and no one really understands it. Also, fair enough on the hungry thing, maybe consider just fucking asking in the future seriously the shit."
Dusting himself off, the student climbs to his feet. "Not so many people are as charitable as that. If I wanna use The Screamer, I gotta get people by surprise, so I can't exactly ask first. If it helps, I'm pretty sure I couldn't really hurt you. All the little guy does is make animal noises." To cement his point, Screamer screeches like a hawk. "And... thanks for not doing that other thing you mentioned... I like the idea of not winding up in a hospital. The Name's Thomas... Thomas Gear. Look, I really am sorry about the whole... mugging thing. Hunger and super powers make you do stupid shit. I'll try and stay on the straight and narrow, especially if there are more of us like you say..."

After establishing things, like the fact that he got his Stand very recently (You think it might be from an Arrow, you'll have to check with your mom), how to contact him, that kind of thing, the two of you part ways. The day seems to be going fine, until you get home, and you see on the news...
"A local youth was found dead today, shot through the heart with what authorities say are wounds from an arrow. However, the arrow in question was not found, nor any traces of an attack save the body itself. Investigators currently have no suspects for the murder of young Benjamin Giovani. If you have information pertaining to the case, please contact your local authorities." It would seem you were sensing more than just a mugging today. Something in your gut tells you this isn't an isolated incident, and that bodies and Stand users are going to start piling up sooner rather than later. So, first thing first...
[ ] Contact Thomas and give him the news. This probably has something to do with his gaining a Stand, so he should be on his toes.​
[ ] Get on the phone and call your mom. Jolyne is still at work in the moment, enjoying a simple office job after getting her full of 'stupid mystical bullshit'. Still, she remains.a stand user, not to mention your mother so she should probably know.​
[ ] Contact your grandfather. Jotaro Kujo is... not the man he once was. Without training in Hamon like his grandfather, age took him at the normal rate. He's not dead, but he has severe trouble walking, and even Star Platinum has begun to fade. He might not be in a position to fight any more, but maybe he has advice.​
[ ] Inform the SPW directly that you believe there to be dangerous Stand activity. You don't know the details, but were informed that knowledge of this kind of thing was their specialty. Perhaps there is something they can do to help?​
[ ] Write in​

Prologue 7
[X] Inform the SPW directly that you believe there to be dangerous Stand activity. You don't know the details, but were informed that knowledge of this kind of thing was their specialty. Perhaps there is something they can do to help?

Your mother might have wanted out of the world of the Supernatural, but she wasn't going to leave her child in the dark. She told you what you needed to know in case things started to turn ugly. One phone call and a pass phrase later and you're talking to the Speedwagon Foundation Supernatural Research Department. You tell them about your encounter with Thomas, the murder by arrow on the news, and your general suspicions. You're call is soon forwarded to a third person.
"Hello, this is Lawrence Shaw. I was given the bullet points before your call was transferred. I'll be frank, Joshua, we suspected something was amiss when we heard about such an unusual murder weapon, especially in an area hosting two heirs to the Jostar bloodline. Your report seems to confirm our fears; that someone in your area has gained possession of a Stand Arrow. Unfortunately, our capacity for direct action is limited. As powerful as we are, the Speedwagon Foundation is a private entity, not a legal one. Even if we were, whoever has the arrow is almost certainly a Stand user themselves, so us normal humans will likely be powerless against them. However, we are not powerless. We have plenty of connections with underworld, primarily information brokers and related groups. We will make sure to keep you posted on information as soon as we acquire it." Lawrence pauses for a moment, before sighing heavily. "As much as it pains me to do this... we may need your help. Our records show the tests Ms. Kujo brought you in for, we know all about your Stand. As today's events showed, you will be roped into this, regardless of what you desire. However, if you go forth willingly, maybe you can do more to control your fate. I can't make you do anything, but here is my offer. We will supply you with information about strange occurrences in your area that may lead you to other Stand users. Try your best to either recruit or interrogate them, neutralizing them if needed. Hopefully this will lead you to whoever holds the Arrow. I won't lie, this is dangerous work. Stand Users are prone to violence, considering Stands are manifestations of the will to fight. But as a Stand User yourself, you're bound to face them eventually. The choice is yours. Take as long as you need to decide."

[ ]Hunt the Arrow
[ ]Refuse
[ ]Contact them at a later date
[ ]Write in

So ends the prologue. Your choices here and in previous posts should be enough for me to include more dialogue and action, since I'll have a better image of Joshua and I won't have to consult you guys for everything he says and does (though plenty of decisions still go to you, and Joshua can change over time).
Also it has just occurred to me that this takes place in 2030 at the earliest, whoa. Things probably won't have strayed too far from the modern day, though tech can be assumed to be functionally better while practically the same (higher definition, more durable, stabler connections, all cheaper). It's just more manageable for me this way.

Chapter 1: Sick Puppies part 1
[X] Contact them at a later date

"That's a hell of a lo to take in," you say. "I'm not saying no yet, but it isn't the kind of thing you decide in five minutes."
"Of course," Lawrence replies, "Take all the time you need. Our department was made to help your family, not the other way around. We'll still make it a point to send you warnings if we believe you might be at risk of an imminent Stand attack, but you are under no obligation to pursue suspects. You obviously know how to contact us, don't hesitate to do so when you make up your mind. Whatever you choose, myself and the Speedwagon Foundation wish you luck."

Hanging up the phone, you think about what you'll do next. Whatever you choose, though, your life is about to get more complicated...

Morning shines down on your home as you depart for school. The previous evening, you decided to experiment with Woodkid, to help prepare for any future conflicts. It turns out he counts as wood, though much like anything he transforms he has to touch the area in question, with changes spreading from there. You'll have to experiment some time to see just what effects changing into different kinds of wood has on him. Come to think of it, you aren't sure what type he's even made out of...

As you reach the entrance of the school, you spot Thomas messing with Screamer, the small stand darting between his fingers. He knocks it off when he spots you, giving a clearly forced wave before heading in. It would seem you left a bit of an impression on the guy. Making your own way inside, you spot a crowd of girls surrounding... actually, it's just thick enough, you can't even tell who or what. Still, they seem to be a pretty even mix of impressed and excited. You decide it might as well be worth checking out.
You manage to get a few people to give you enough room to see what the fuss is about. At the center you find your answer. A relatively pretty boy is holding what is, hands down, the fanciest stuffed animal you have even seen. A bear at the core, it's wearing an elaborate dress, complete with a number of frills and ribbons. If you had to guess from the way some parts shine, there's not a small amount of silk in there. All around, it seems to be an impeccable example of craftsmanship.
"Impressive isn't it?" After a moment you realize that was addressed to you.It seems one of the girls saw you examining it. "He's been bringing these in the past few days, says he makes them by hand. Kinda hard to believe, but I can't really think of where you'd buy something like that."
It seems the boy has also taken notice of you, though he's not saying anything other than agreeing to the occasional request to turn the doll this way or that. You suppose you do stand out as currently the only man in the crowd.
[ ] Ask him about the dolls. It is a pretty impressive skill.
[ ] Get moving. You have more important things to do than look at teddy bears.
[ ] Write in

Back