• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Journal Quest

Sorry for the melodrama, I just figured that if we could convince people that Kurtis was a chosen one, they'd be more likely to actually help him.
Hey, rabbit lady. double checking, but you come from a knowledge worshipping/focused community right? Also, does クリスタル東京 mean anything to you?

R.A.G. said:
Sorry for the melodrama, I just figured that if we could convince people that Kurtis was a chosen one, they'd be more likely to actually help him.
Hey, rabbit lady. double checking, but you come from a knowledge worshipping/focused community right? Also, does クリスタル東京 mean anything to you?

I can appreciate wishing to give an ally any help that youcan muster, but would prefer it if you didn't try to decieve me.

.. The Crystal City of the East?

I regret to say that I have never heard of such a place.

It doesn't truly seem to be a Lunarian name at all, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by Lunar Runes?
Also could you fill us in on what the state of the world is like?

Hi My Callsign is Larekko, but one of my safe names is Shaun.

So you're a rabbit person? And Japanese is Lunarian for you.

Hum. Our land has a great repository of knowledge in it so do the word Gensokyou, Kappa, Eiren, Yukari Yakumo, or Danmaku mean anything in particular beyond there literal definitions to you?

~Shaun

So it is a rabbit person then? How curious...

Ah. Our bearer previously complained of having no method to start a fire to... Keep himself warm. Do you happen to have the materials required for him to do our perfectly sane bidding keep warm?

(EDIT: Forgot who the MC is)

In the interest of narrowing down where you are from, does the name "Tokyo" itself mean anything to you? Maybe spelled differently? Tokio? Towkyow?

What about "Crystal Tokyo"? In case it was just the writing system you were unfamiliar with or that the journal didn't translate properly.

shaderic said:
I can appreciate wishing to give an ally any help that youcan muster, but would prefer it if you didn't try to decieve me.

In that case, I'll just ask straight out- can you not kill the human? It's very doubtful he came here purposely.

Also, can you tell me more about this place? You called it the library of the Toshokanou.

Malcolmo said:
What do you mean by Lunar Runes?
Also could you fill us in on what the state of the world is like?

Lunar Runes make up the written language of the Lunarian people. While I've studied their language, I'll readily admit that I've never met a Lunarian. They seldom leave the Moon.

As for 'the state of the world', that's a rather open ended question. Could you specify precisely what it is you'd like to learn?

Larekko12 said:
Hum. Our land has a great repository of knowledge in it so do the word Gensokyou, Kappa, Eiren, Yukari Yakumo, or Danmaku mean anything in particular beyond there literal definitions to you?

~Shaun

I'm afraid that I can't recall any such terms.
Vindictus said:
So it is a rabbit person then? How curious...

Ah. Our bearer previously complained of having no method to start a fire to... Keep himself warm. Do you happen to have the materials required for him to do our perfectly sane bidding keep warm?

... Starting a fire in the Library of the Toshokanou is an excellent way to end up brutally mutilated. It's for the best that he did not succeed.
Random832 said:
(EDIT: Forgot who the MC is)

In the interest of narrowing down where you are from, does the name "Tokyo" itself mean anything to you? Maybe spelled differently? Tokio? Towkyow?

What about "Crystal Tokyo"? In case it was just the writing system you were unfamiliar with or that the journal didn't translate properly.

I'm well aware of the various intricacies of the Lunarian language. Regardless of the reading, I have not heard of this place.

Inara Seraph said:
In that case, I'll just ask straight out- can you not kill the human? It's very doubtful he came here purposely.

Also, can you tell me more about this place? You called it the library of the Toshokanou.

I was not planning on doing so, I assure you. One of the many duties of the Honshin clan is to guard and protect the Library, as well as those who come to seek knowledge within it. In practice, the Library mostly looks after itself, being a quasi-sentient entity that is highly territorial. And so, we look after those who enter the Library seeking wisdom.

Largely, we keep people from being killed by the traps and roving bands of golems.

In any case, the Library of the Toshokanou is the world's largest repository of books, magical and otherwise. Since the first shelf was raised over three centuries ago, the Honshin clan has acted as it's guardian. Of course, back then it was considerably smaller and less magical. Over the years, the many tomes and grimoires added to the collection have had many ... interesting reactions to one another. As a result, the Library has slowly become aware, for the lack of a better word.

How old is your race? Also, are there any books on healing magic that would help you fix up Kurtis?

I must also assert the Kurtis has no intention of starting a fire. Quite the opposite he called the idea quite stupid and against his ideals.

So. Gensokyou doesn't exist but lunarians do.. Tell what year is it in you calendar and do you know of Youkai?

~Shaun

Do you have an inventory of what the library contains? Is this journal one of the items stored here?

The age of our race? You'd do as well to ask the age of humanity.

In any case, I have brought him back to my clan's residence to recover. And while we have mage healers amongst our number they are... eccentric. Most who indulge in magic develop little oddities, but our healers tend to have very... carnal interests. They are not bad people, but their forwardness can be offputing to many. And I doubt that this 'Kurtis' would enjoy having his virtue offered up while he unable to make decisions.

As for grimoires, he is not in any state to be making a contract.

The current year? We are in the fourtieth year of the Sousha Era, alternatively it is the 735th year of the Morrigan's rule.

And again, I must admit to not having heard of youkai before. Why do you keep asking about such strange things?

In any case, yes, this tome tome was in the Library, unless Kurtis brought it with him, which I doubt for some reason. I can see little reason to bring such a useless, if entertaining, book into the deep Library. Although, the lack of a proper catalog system makes it rather difficult to verify. I apologize, but given the size and nature of the Library such a thing would be both impractical and dangerous.

And now, I have a question for you.

What is your true power, and intentions?

I suspect that this book you're is just a medium to speak to us... nothing more or less.

And we are but normal humans gazing into little electronical devices for entertainment.

A Tanuki

As far as we know the book's only ability is to speak to us.
As for our intentions they probably vary depending on which one of us you're talking to.

I have no idea what powers this book possesses. Really, the most useful thing I could possibly offer is the Google Search.

As for intentions, I just want to be entertained. I doubt this book can be destroyed easily (or can it? who knows) but it would be disappointing if it was thrown out into a dusty forgotten corner to collect dust. On the other hand, I don't stand to lose much if that does happen.. it's not like I don't have other things to do.

Sorry for the odd questions, we are trying to see if we know anything of your world. We have no real power, just advice* every now and then.

*for certain values of advice.

edit: so your doctors are like this :D

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/dU6XZu9SnMI[/embed]

This book has no power beyond the obvious that we know of. I merely desire to see that Kurtis continues to breath in relative comfort. He is an innocent yanked from his home at the behest of an enitity that can be called akin to God.

I ask the questions to search for information on your world. This being has an affinity to taking some of to various worlds depicted in our archives. I ask these question to narrow down the identity of you earth and some of its dangers from what we know so that we an inform Kurtis to help him avoid them or to seek them in a way that may lead to his path home.

I must thank you for thine help and the mercy you have bestowed upon our friend. Though there is little we can offer in return beyond knowledge the depths of our archives are grand indeed. Specifically in the study of natural philosophy. We would mind repaying you with information. At least I would not.

So you say this is the era of a Morrigan's rule? Hum that name bodes ill portent in our world what is her last name? And species?
~Sean

WE ARE AS GODS, PUNY FLESHBA- Oh, wait, this isn't that kind of quest. Darn.

Huh? Oh. Never mind. Ignore the little man behind the curtain, would you kindly~?

Oh? did I forget to mention that simply because of the medium in which we are presented, a large number of us come of as completely and utterly insane?

R.A.G. said:
edit: so your doctors are like this :D

... Yours is a horrible and crass society.

Even the worst of the healers are still more... capable of subtlety. Granted they are just as lustful, but the point stands.

Moving past that wretched thing, why were you Shaun before, but Sean now?

And more relevant, your friend is awakening. I shall return you to him, and explain things as best I can to him.

However, before I do so, I have a point to make.

The senses of the Usami are far more adept at detecting and analysing magic than a human. I can smell the power that wafts off this tome like you would the stench of bile forced beneath youre nose. While I consider myself fairly open minded regarding magic and it's uses, this book reaks of something both incredibly potent and unpleasant.

I highly doubt that it is merely intended to communicate between distant points.

Make of that what you will

... Yo.

I'm feeling kind of mellow right now. It's the pain killers, I expect.

Right.

So, I woke up in what looked like one of those japanese room with paper wall/doors, being tended to by what looked like a viera.

Also, I'm wearing this loose kimono/robe thing.

I think I should be panicking. Everything's a little fuzzy right now.

I also think that one lady took a look in here, and you guys kinda pissed her off. Somehow, I'm not surprised that happened.

So.

I'm kinda bored now.

Did you guys learn anything interesting from her before you made her so mad as to recomend me ditching you someplace dark and wet?

Are you that surprised?

~ A tanuki

Well You may or may not be in a Tohou Darkstalkers Cross. This book has a stupid amount power into it. The mage healers are horny bastards. You are in the far past either way. Morrigan Rules the land. She may or may not be an Aenslad.

Would you do me a favor? I made a typo in my name that gave off a bad impression. Could you tell her?

Typing in the dark is bad.

Also Blame Vindictus, Bii and R.A.G.

~Shaun not Sean.

The bii said nothing

~ A Tanuki

... Did you people have to piss them off while I was asleep?

Haven't found out much.
Mostly a bunch of names and references to events that may or may not be indicative of some crossover or another, but weren't properly explained because we didn't ask for tons of exposition.

And the already mentioned fact that the book is apparently very magical, though we have no idea what it could be used for other than talking to us.
Maybe travelling?

Can you read the past entries yourself or should we quote the relevant stuff for you?

- Pipeman

Hey, so turns out this book is rather magical. ALso, the rabbit people are scholar/warrior/guides, and this library is partially sentient because of magic. The important bit, is that this is one of the greatest places for you too be to train up. Why train up, you say? because it is likely one of the only ways to survive the crap that's coming to you.
-RAG

p.s. If you want to make some money, there is always the old standby of having us google how to make useful stuff.
p.p.s. It might be best if you don't mention that we essentially hold an entire worlds knowledge, within this book. Since these people revere knowledge.

We have discovered that rabbit probably doesn't taste like chicken. Also, you probably shouldn't say anything to the extent of 'Breeding like rabbits'- Apparently that's offensive or something.

Huh.

He fell asleep again.

Not all that surprising, given how many fun things are floating around in his system right now.

So much for entertaining myself that way.

Anyway, Shizuku said I would get along with you guys pretty well.

Of course, her face kinda looked like it did the time she found Kiseki and I in the bath that one time. Or maybe it was closer to that time in the tree with Hazuki?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Shizu's a bit of a stick on the mud, but she's still a nice girl. She could stand to wear something a little more flattering though. I mean, she's got these really nice curves, but you wouldn't know it from the way she dresses. All heavy coats and vests and long pants.

Oh right, I haven't introduced myself yet now, have I?

I'm Shiku of the Honshin clan!

... Huh. Isn't this supposed to be a talking book? Am I doing it wrong?

Fuhuhuhuhuhu.... you seem more fun. :3

~ a tanuki.

1369964838301.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back