• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kill Six Billion Demons

Ah time to stop playing around I see.
Clash
Alt text: It only took a Very Big Clown for everyone to get their shit together

First of all, I'm a big fan of Inky's glowing eyebrows. Second, for all that their combined attack is probably gonna be really cool, I am desperate to know what, if anything, the Gog-Agog Sky is going to do for her attack.

She's been able to do that for awhile, even without the fruit. I've assumed that it's a psychological thing, because no other demiurge ages like she does.
Of the rest of the 7, the senile dragon does, while the others are either on ice, a worm swarm, whatever the fuck Jag is plus the angel thing, or they were badass atum users even before taking up their keys (and Maya looks just as young despite being contemporary).

Of the rest of the 7, the senile dragon does, while the others are either on ice, a worm swarm, whatever the fuck Jag is plus the angel thing, or they were badass atum users even before taking up their keys (and Maya looks just as young despite being contemporary).
The dragon is shaking off the senility, so I think that is also some mental trick.

Radiance
Alt text: pretty sloppy of them to not notice that jagganoth had his combo breaker ready tbh

Frieza had, like, four, right?
Six if you count cyborg and golden. That being said, I can't say yet whether this is actually a transformation on Jaggy's part, or whether he just can expel large amounts of energy from everywhere on a whim. I'll be pretty happy either way, but I do hope it's the former. I want Abbadon to play himself more.

I don't really think Maya will have any significant impact on the current cycle.

I think Maya did have an impact on previous cycles, by teaching the previous heirs of Zoss. How else can you explain a feckless youth, more full of recklessness than brains, learning to kill Demiurges using their swords?

We see that pattern play itself out a bit at first with Allison in Mottom's palace, but it drops off after that.

Of course, I very well could be wrong, and this post will come back to serve as egg on my face, but I don't think so.

"And all together, upon the dim dawn of the battlefield, the thin pearlescence of the bloody horizon washing over us – there we heard the clarion. Descending was the armies of the rising king, and behind her a thousand thousand banners. Upon the banners was writ the word YSUN."
-Unknown, post third conquest

Alt text: Everyone talks some hot shit until the cubit spear comes out

The power of friendship? Kinda? The power of strong allies at least, on top of the power of friendship/love.

Honestly I'm waffling either way. Her losing or not winning seems to be the classic way of doing things, but I would really like a subversion of things and what she said seems to lean this way.
I just remembered something. The Head of John fighting style would allow a decapitated Jagganoth to continue as a character in the comic. Jagganoth probably knows the fighting style from his millennia of training. Perhaps he would truly consider Allison's "new way" if he were defeated by martial/magical prowess… and he could provide commentary while Incubus causes trouble with the rest of the arc!

Yeah, if decapitation stops you it means you're just a filty casual.
Meti's Sword Manual said:
A brain is useful only up until the point when you are faced with your enemy. Then it is useless. The only truly useful thing in this cursed world is will. You must suffuse your worthless body with its terrible heat. You must be so hot that even if your enemy should strike your head off, you shall continue to decapitate ten more men. Your boiling blood must spring forth from your neck and mutilate the survivors!

A brain is useful only up until the point when you are faced with your enemy. Then it is useless. The only truly useful thing in this cursed world is will. You must suffuse your worthless body with its terrible heat. You must be so hot that even if your enemy should strike your head off, you shall continue to decapitate ten more men. Your boiling blood must spring forth from your neck and mutilate the survivors!
Better but still a filthy casual. Your blood should propel your head like a rocket engine so you can start headbutting and chewing on people. So now they have TWO enemies instead of only one.

Worm God.

Alt text:

Is now really the time Gog? It was a nice moment of everyone working together and she picks now to do this? Well, I'm sure they'll all be reasonable and say that they needed her (which is why they pressured her to join in in the first place. Surely that's what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back