• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? - Edit System

Chapter 68 - 3,000
[ Editing ] is now at level six. The main changes are the number of statuses I can edit simultaneously. I can now edit six statuses. It won't be long before I can edit all my statuses simultaneously.

Considering that I won't be able to edit my HP, I only need to go up one more level.

The other main change is the limit of my edit in my SP and MP. I took a test, and the limit is now 30,000, not 15,000. In other words, I can increase my SP even more.

My SP is "infinite" now as long as I don't exceed my limits.

'And what's more, skill editing is now even better. I've leveled up a few times, so the limit of skills I can edit simultaneously has reached 10. But that's not the most important thing.'

The most important thing is the cooldown. Yes, the cooldown that used to be 24 hours is now 12. That's great.

Also, my familiars will now have a higher status.

Before they all revived with 50 in HP, MP, and SP, but now they will revive with 200. And their Status can be edited up to 800. In other words, I can set almost all their statuses to 800.

My army is quite powerful.

'But what about editing other people's Statuses? The limit has probably been increased.'

I looked at Kumoko.

I got up, walked over to my familiars, and edited everyone's Status.

I put the SP, attack, defense, resistance, and speed at 800. It took a long time to edit everyone's Status. Once I'd done that, I asked everyone to disperse and only appear when I called.

'How many familiars do I have so far? There should be a way to take a look at that.'

I walked over to where Kumoko was standing. She was next to Liu, who was lying unconscious.

'Are you finished? What's changed?

'Many things have changed. Now I can edit more skills, and my familiars have become stronger.'

'That's so unfair~~'

'I agree.'

'Are you going out to get water for him?'

'I'm still thinking about it. It will be useless to make him fight to gain more battle experience. I can just turn him into my familiar and train him, can't I?'

'That's also an option.'

I approached Liu and stared at him for a few seconds. After that, I threw my deadly poison at him. As soon as my poison hit him, Liu opened his eyes, and I could see his lips lifting in a smile.

'Don't worry, you'll be back soon.'

After hearing this, Liu's face turned pale, and he lost his life.

I revived him. His eyes opened, and he stood up like a robot.

'He's skinny and dehydrated even after I turned him into my familiar. Will it do any good to give him food and water?'

'I don't know. Isn't he dead anyway? He's like a zombie.'

'Does he look like a zombie to you?'

'Now that you say it...' Kumoko had seen some of my familiars before, and they acted like zombies, but now my ability had evolved, and my familiars acted with much more awareness.

'Hey, you, can you talk?'

"Yes, master."

'Good. But stop calling me master. It embarrasses me.'

'Hehe, master.

'And you, stop laughing.' I turned angrily to Kumoko, and she turned her face away as she laughed.

'Do you need food and water?'

"Don't worry, mast - Don't worry about me, I don't need it. I'll recover in time."

'I see, I see. Right, you'll keep the sword for now.'

I took out the sword I had stored with my [ Spatial Magic ] and handed it to Liu. He held the golden sword with difficulty and swung it. 'He looks too weak...' I quickly edited his Status.

'Yes, it's perfect now.'

Human LV8 (Familiar)

Name: Liu

HP 800

SP 800

MP 200

Average Offense Ability: 800

Average Defense Ability: 800

Average Magic Ability : 0

Average Resistance Ability: 800

Average Speed Ability: 800

'Unfortunately, he doesn't have any skills... I hope he evolves and gets new skills like those spiders.'

Sadly, he doesn't come with any skill points I can use. It would be wonderful to be able to buy skills for my familiars. It would be a very broken skill.

'That's better now.'

Liu was swinging the sword more easily now. I even thought about giving him the armor, but I don't see the need for it now.

'You'll stay with us from now on. You'll fight the monsters with us, but don't steal Kumoko's kills, understand?'

"Yes."

'And try to be careful; don't cut the monsters into pieces, or turning them into decent familiars will be difficult.'

"Right, I'll be careful."

'Good.'

'Finished?' Kumoko approached from behind. 'Wow, that sword looks terrific in someone's hand.' She looked at the sword in Liu's hand.

'It's incredible...' I couldn't wait to get my human form.

I turned to Kumoko and looked at her. When our eyes met, she took a step back.

'Huh? What? Why are you staring at me?'

'Stand still.'

While I was looking at her, I was editing her Status. As she had given me permission before, I could do this without any problems.

'The limit is now... 3,000. Yes, I can distribute up to 3,000 in her Status. I can put 3 statuses into 1,000...'

So I put strength, defense, and endurance at 1,000. I didn't need to edit her speed, which was already very high.

[ Edits applied. ]

When I finished editing, Kumoko's eyes widened.

'Eliot, what have you done?'

'Eliot? Are you going to start using my name from now on?'

'What do you want me to call you? Spider 2?'

'Idiot.'

'But what is it? It's incredible. Did you do it?'

'Of course. No need to thank me.'

'I won't thank you. Hmp!' Kumoko turned and started walking away while I laughed.

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link:
patreon

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

Chapter 69 - Let's start the rebellion.
Another day had passed, and I was finishing creating my last group of monsters.

And Liu evolved a little. He unlocked the skill [Swordsmanship].

Yes, he's gained a skill even though he's a familiar.

This gives me hope to create an army of mages, spearmen, and swordsmen. All of this using humans that I will capture and kill, of course.

But right now, I only have to worry about the monsters.

'Are you going to start the "rebellion" you talked about? Are you sure this is going to work?'

I was sitting with Kumoko. We were eating fish cooked by me. I don't feel hungry, but I'm still eating it because it's tasty... Are you going to judge me for this?

Eating something tasty is very good.

'I'm wondering if I should do it today. My army has increased a lot. Besides, my familiars must have evolved... at least a bit.'

'Hmmm... Will you take me with you?'

'You want?' I glared at Kumoko.

'If I don't go, I'll be alone. But I'm not going to do anything! Do you understand? Don't count on me to kill anyone.'

'Don't worry, you don't have to do it.'

We finished eating, and then I teleported Kumoko, Liu, and the monsters to the labyrinth's first "floor". I teleported us close to where I picked up the sword and armor.

'The skeletons are still here.' I entered the same small "room" that the skeletons were in.

'Is this where you got that sword?'

'Yeah, that guy was wearing the armor.' I pointed at the broken skeleton. 'The entrance to the labyrinth is nearby. Be careful, as humans can suddenly appear since new people are always entering the labyrinth.'

'Urgh, I don't want to meet humans so soon.'

'Are you still traumatized by what happened?'

'It's not a trauma... I'm just a bit nervous.'

'I understand, I understand. But don't worry, stay by my side and nothing will happen to you. Besides, we have Liu here. We can use him to talk to the humans, can't we?'

'Do you think that will change anything? We're "friends" and the humans will realize that.'

'We won't go with him when he goes to talk to the humans.'

'Oh, you want to send him alone to the labyrinth's entrance so that they open it?'

'I don't know if it'll work, but... Liu could just kill whoever is guarding the entrance/exit.'

'I see, I see. Good luck with that.' Kumoko sat down in the corner to rest. I called out to Liu, and he approached.

'Liu, get ready. You'll have to pretend to be a normal human.'

"Don't worry, I'll act as normal as possible," Liu said with a monotone and robotic tone.

'If you talk like that with humans, they'll get suspicious. Try talking more relaxedly.'

"Like this? Am I talking normally now?"

'It's a bit better, but it's still bad. But I don't think it's a problem.'

"Okay, I'll keep this tone of voice and way of speaking."

What am I? A leader of some military army? He's talking to me like I'm a colonel or something. Well, whatever. It's time to round up all the other monsters. It's a problem, though.

My familiars can detect my presence and come to me... But what about the monsters in the depths? They will need more time to get here...

Will the system make them take the shortest route or something?

Let's wait.

####

*Change of POV*

Throughout the labyrinth, monsters and more monsters began to stir. A signal came from the surface of the labyrinth. Without looking at what was in the way, all the monsters gathered to go to the signal.

The wave of monsters swallowed everything while bringing chaos.

"What is this? Why are there so many monsters?"

"I'm dying, please help me. Argh"

"No, I don't want to die."

A group of soldiers who were inside the labyrinth met their end.

Not only them but several humans who were exploring the labyrinth near the area where Eliot was were killed. Some humans were strong, but the number of monsters was too much for them to handle.

Hours later, all the monsters were finally gathered together.

Everywhere Eliot looked, there were monsters. The corridors were full—big monsters, small monsters, monsters that had evolved, monsters that hadn't evolved. The number was over 1,000, maybe even 2,000.

A smile appeared on Eliot's face.

'This is going to be fun.'

####

*Change of POV*

'It's scary... What is it? Some monsters have a similar status to mine!!! There are some that are even stronger than me!!!'

'Don't exaggerate. They don't have as many skills as you.'

'It's still scary!'

'I agree. Such a large army of monsters can cause a lot of trouble.' I smiled and approached Liu. 'Liu, it's time. I'll take you near the entrance.'

"Understood."

'You don't need to do anything other than make the guards open the dungeon exit. When it opens, kill the people there. After that, we'll leave.'

"Right, I'll do that."

Liu and I made our way to the dungeon exit. There was something that was made of metal or something much sturdier. It was a large gate that couldn't be destroyed easily.

'Do your job correctly.'

"Right."

Liu walked away, and I hid.

'Now, just wait.'

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link:
patreon

Chapter 70 - Someone who will bring chaos.
*Change of POV*

Liu approached the labyrinth's exit and found other people preparing to leave. It was a surprise since they hadn't seen anyone in the area. They thought the people in the area had all been killed by the army of monsters.

When Liu approached silently, the four men and the woman preparing to leave the labyrinth turned to him.

"Huh? Are you alone? Has your group been annihilated or something?" The man who seemed to be the leader said mockingly. Liu narrowed his eyes at the woman. The woman looked afraid.

'What happened?' Liu thought.

"Yes, my companions were killed by a huge group of monsters that suddenly appeared." A tear ran down Liu's cheek. His acting was unconvincing, but the men believed him.

"I'm sorry." The man who had previously been mocking looked sad for Liu. "We also encountered a large number of monsters, but we managed to escape. We were going out to report what's happening inside the labyrinth."

"We've never seen so many monsters walking around together. What's more, they were all faster and stronger than they should have been. I don't even know how we managed to escape." Another man in the group said.

"I was so scared. The only thing on my mind was 'I have to survive'."

"Merylin still hasn't recovered from the shock. She was very good friends with Reda."

"Was this girl part of your group by any chance?"

"She was a childhood friend of Merylin's." The man looked at the traumatized woman and squeezed the handle of his spear. Liu expressed his condolences to the group and decided to leave with them.

As soon as they left, the gate began to close.

But before that could be done.

"I'm sorry for this." Liu spun his body, and his golden sword passed through the guard's neck. A clean body was made.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The leader of the group shouted, taking his sword from his waist. Liu raised his sword and blocked the man's sword. Then the leader jumped back, and his group got into battle position.

The only one who couldn't react was Merylin.

"Hey, what's going on here? Who did this?!" Then, the other guards began to act.

The group of enemies began to increase. Liu clucked his tongue and wondered if he could handle it. But this was his job. He had to do it. 'I'll be careful. I don't want to die here yet.'

Although he was only a familiar, Liu still wanted to live.

He advanced towards the group and started swinging his sword. One by one, all the guards began to succumb.

Before long, only Merylin's group remained.

The four men were scared, terrified. Liu began to walk slowly towards them, and the group leader raised his hands. "Please let us go. We won't tell anyone about what happened here."

Liu continued walking towards them without listening to what the leader had to say.

Tsk!

The leader clicked his tongue and then turned around. He grabbed two of his friends and threw them towards Liu before running. "Get out of the way, you bitch!" He shouted at Merylin, throwing her to the ground. Merylin's staff rolled across the dirt floor.

ARG!

SHIT!

The two men thrown in Liu's direction were cut down and fell to the ground. Liu then began to run. He ran past Merylin and the other paralyzed man to follow the leader.

Liu quickly found the man, who was not far away.

"Stay away! You monster!" The man shouted desperately. He tried to fight Liu but couldn't. Liu's sword pierced the man's chest, and he fell lifeless.

Liu turned and ran to where Merylin and the last man were. When he arrived, he found the man trying to do everything he could to make Merylin recover.

"Mery, you need to recover, we have to get out of here immediately before he comes back!" The man shouted, but Merylin remained silent.

"Damn it, Mery, come on!" The man grabbed Mery by force and began to carry her, but Liu approached before the man could start running.

"Let her go." Liu raised his sword towards the man.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to kill her?"

"I'm not going to kill her. She hasn't done anything against me."

"Then why did you kill my friends?! They didn't do anything against you either!!!!" The man shouted, but Liu seemed unconcerned. "Why did you do that?!!! You damned monsters! Uuuua..uuu..." The man began to cry as he looked at Liu.

But Liu didn't feel the slightest bit sorry or remorseful for his actions.

"I'm sorry, but these are master's orders."

"Master?! What mast-"

The man's throat was cut before he could say anything else. Meryril's body fell on top of him, and a pool of blood began to be created. Liu approached and pointed his sword at Merylin, who was trembling.

Merylin closed her eyes, awaiting her fate. But strange sounds began to be heard inside the dungeon before Liu could do something with her. From there, many monsters started to appear.

Merylin's eyes flew open, and she couldn't believe her eyes.

"No... No... NOOOO!!!" She screamed while protecting her head with her hands.

Within seconds, the wave of monsters began to advance on all sides. And seconds later, two spiders emerged from the dungeon. And from one of them, an evil aura was emitted—the aura of someone who would bring chaos to this world.

####

Link:
patreon

Chapter 71 - War strategies.
*Change of POV*

The time had finally come. The monsters began to advance quickly on my orders and left the labyrinth. Kumoko was right next to me. She was nervous about what was happening.

When will she lose this fear? This fear of killing humans.

I don't know, but I hope she changes her mind when we meet our first enemies. It won't be long. I hope she's ready.

'Huh? There's someone over there.' Kumoko said when she saw a woman lying on the ground covering her head. She was crying desperately with fear.

Liu was standing next to her. He was preparing to kill her.

'Liu, wait. ' Liu turned to me and faced me. Then, I approached them both. The woman kept her eyes closed and didn't look at me. She was too nervous. Her urine even wet the floor.

She was in deep despair.

'Should I just kill her?'

'Eliot, are you going to do this? She's scared to death and won't do anything.'

'But do you think she wants to get out of here alive?' I looked around, and all the men who were her companions were dead. Besides, she doesn't even have the strength to stand up.

I'm sure she won't make it home. She'll die on the way.

'Hey, you'. I spoke to her. The woman's body shook even more.

'I'm talking to you. I want you to make a choice. Do you want to die, or do you want to live? You can try to return to your home if you want, but I'm not sure you'll be able to.'

"..."

I was honest with her. She probably wouldn't make it home safely.

'Just answer me, I'll kill you quickly, you won't feel any pain. But know that after you die, you'll be working for me.' The more humans working for me, the better. They can use weapons, after all.

When she heard me, the woman's body stopped shaking, and she raised her head. Her eyes were wide and very red from crying. Her nose was also running, and she was pale.

She answered me.

But she didn't say what I expected.

"Kill me." She said with a firm tone as she looked at me. My eight eyes stared at her, and her fear disappeared. Has she accepted that she's going to die? They say that when you accept that you're going to die, the fear is completely gone.

'All right.' I just replied coldly and shook my paw. The woman on all fours had her head ripped off, and her body remained in the same position for a few seconds before falling.

The woman's head rolled before her, and I could see a smile.

'Has she gone mad or something?'

Well, I don't care.

I turned her into my familiar and placed her head in place. As soon as her head was in place, the bizarre expression on her face disappeared, and her expression became similar to Liu's—in other words, lifeless.

As much as they look more "human" now, it's still strange.

'Right, take that sword. I think you were not someone who used a sword, but since you didn't come with any skills, you'll be using a sword from now on.'

I don't know how to make my familiars use magic.

"Right. What should I do next?" The woman took the sword from one of the guards and looked around. She saw the bodies of her friends, and her body trembled a little, but soon, she began to act as if she hadn't seen anything.

I noticed this tremor in her body, so I was curious.

Has she kept a lot of consciousness with her? It's a possibility.

Liu seems to have completely surrendered to me, but this girl still recognizes her friends and is sad when she sees their bodies. I hope she forgets them soon.

I don't want a familiar who holds a grudge against me.

I don't think that's possible, but imagine if one of my familiars attacks me.

I'm strong enough, but I'd feel betrayed and sad.

'What are you going to do now? All the monsters are advancing. Maybe they even killed people.'

'I don't think they killed anyone. I didn't level up. But about that, I still don't know. I remember a bit of the world map, but locating myself and going somewhere with civilization won't be easy.'

'World map? Have you ever seen a map of this world?'

'Only once, a human was carrying it.'

'And why didn't you get the map and take it with you?!' Kumoko asked, annoyed.

'I forgot~~'

'Are you kidding?!'

'But they say it's good to follow the sun. If we follow the sun, we'll find someone.'

'What sun? It's cloudy, and it'll probably rain soon.'

'... Then, we should keep going. Besides, there's a road, don't you see? It's a bit bumpy, and there's some grass, but it's a road.'

'Do you think following a road of unknown land is a good idea? We'll probably come across several carriages like that one.' Kumoko pointed to a carriage that the guards probably used.

And about that, the monsters have already killed the four horses.

'But isn't that better? That way, I can level up and unlock a map. Wouldn't that be nice?'

'Do you think you'll get a map that easily? I know you've gained stolen skills, but isn't that a bit much?'

'A map is no big deal in itself.'

'With a map, you can create war strategies!''

'Don't exaggerate.'

'Tsk! I wanted a map too.'

Kumoko showed her displeasure, and we started walking together by the road. My monsters had already spread everywhere. It was a gigantic army of monsters. I couldn't even see the end of it.

Will that be enough?

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patr eon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

Chapter 72 - Your monsters are having fun.
We continued walking for two whole days. On the way, we came across small villages and some carriages. Without me getting any closer, my monsters slaughtered everyone they met along the way.

I couldn't let anyone escape.

The number of dead humans was probably too high. As Kumoko didn't see anything happening and just heard a few screams, she didn't feel too bad. She was getting calmer and calmer about this kind of thing.

It wouldn't be long before she didn't care anymore.

'I'm so hungry~~'

As we walked, Kumoko complained about how hungry she was.

On the way, we couldn't find any food apart from humans, and we refused to eat human meat. In other words, we had to find another source of food.

Luckily for us, we found a small lake before night fell. I asked the monsters to move away from us and leave us alone. Only Liu and the woman I nicknamed "Redhead" stayed close.

We could see some fish in the lake, which were quite big.

'This is going to be easy.'

'What are you going to do? Attack the water?'

'No, I'm going to make a net.'

With my sturdy webbing, I began to embroider a fishing net. I embroidered a gigantic net in just a few minutes. Kumoko also made a web, but smaller than mine.

Unfortunately for her, she only caught a few small fish.

'My fishing net has bigger holes. I want to avoid catching the small fish.'

So I teleported above the lake and cast my fishing net over it.

Afterwards, I threw my web into the lake's edge and headed straight for it. My fishing net began to sink slowly, and the fish panicked.

Then!

'Come on, everyone.'

I pulled out my fishing net. Several huge fish were caught and thrown over the lake's edge. They all fight wildly while Kumoko screams for joy.

'This is incredible! You're amazing, Eliot!''

'I know~~ Now let's prepare and eat the fish. Do you want me to cook it with fire magic, or will you eat it raw? Sushi is tasty, but I prefer it boiled or baked.'

'Cook it, please.'

'All right. Do you want to remove the scales? I can do that with my claw.'

'Please!'

Suddenly, I became a chef while Kumoko watched me. Carefully, I took the ladders off one of the large fish over a meter long and then cut it open in the middle. I cleaned it all using lake water, and all that was left were the big fillets.

'You're good at that. Did you happen to work in a restaurant before you reincarnated here?'

'Nah, I just cooked at home sometimes... But I preferred to buy ready-to-eat lunchboxes.'

'Maybe that's why you had a heart attack. You only ate industrialized food.'

'Maybe.'

I roasted the fish with my fire magic and handed it to Kumoko. She started to sing and eat as I prepared another fish. This time, I prepared three of them because Kumoko was so hungry.

I prepared almost all the fish, and night came.

And when night came, I went up another level.

[ "Urednik pajka LV3 (Phase 3)" became "Urednik pajka LV4 (Phase 3)" ]

'Oh, and some skills have also gone up a level. I hope my editing skill will level up soon, too.'

'What?'

'I've gone up another level.'

'Oh? Your monsters must be having fun.'

####

Two days passed, and no big city had appeared. As we weren't moving fast, it made sense. We tried to run, but I was much faster than the others and couldn't control my speed, so I always went too fast.

Anyway, I hope we get to a town soon.

'Eliot, I'm hungry. Do you have any fish left?'

'We're out of fish, and there's no lake nearby. Please wait until we get to a forest. We'll be able to hunt some animals. There must be wild boars around here, right?'

'I don't know. I don't remember seeing one~~' Kumoko sighed and sat on the dirt floor.

'What?'

'I'm tired!'

'What do you mean? It's still morning. We've only just started walking.'

'I'm not physically tired, but mentally tired! I can't stand walking and seaching for a city any longer! And what are we going to do when we find one? We'll just destroy it, and that'll be that.'

'Isn't that what monsters do?'

'I'm not like normal monsters! And neither are you, you know. You have a conscience, so think again.'

'I've killed too many humans to care now.'

'Tsk!'

'But you know, it's a bit annoying that you say that all the time.'

'Huh? I'm annoying? You are a nutter who wants to kill everyone just to level up!'

'But did you also do that inside the labyrinth?'

'THAT'S DIFFERENT! I was killing monsters, not humans. You know I haven't killed any humans so far!'

'Then just kill one! Once you've killed the first one and they've tried to kill you, you won't care anymore!'

'I wouldn't even do that if you threatened me to do it!'

'And why would I threaten you? Do what you want.'

'Are you dismissing me? Sending me away? You don't want me by your side anymore?'

'Is that what you understood? Don't be so stupid.'

'STUPID?!!!' Kumoko huffed and turned away. She ran past the two humans while swearing at me in her mind. I ran after her, and then suddenly, my whole body shivered. Something dangerous was coming.

'KUMOKO, LOOK OUT!'

I called her Kumoko by accident. But I didn't mind.

BOOM~~

A massive explosion happened right in front of Kumoko. The nearby monsters, along with Kumoko, were thrown away. Even I felt the impact. I immediately panicked.

####

Read extra chapters on my patreon: patr eon.com/parodygirl

Next chapters: Chapter 73 - Hugo. / Chapter 74 - Battle/Editing LV6 / Chapter 75 - New subordinate. They're becoming more aware. / Chapter 76 - I can't edit!!! / Chapter 77 - City destroyed. Monsters evolution. / Chapter 78 - What level do I need to reach to evolve? / Chapter 79 - Scary creatures.

Chapter 73 - Hugo.
The explosion made me edit my Status unconsciously. My defense and strength were set to 100,000, and I immediately prepared for the attack.

The dust began to disappear, and I began to see the bodies of several monsters torn apart all around me. Fortunately, Kumoko avoided the direct hit and was already on her feet.

'What the hell happened?!!!' I heard her voice in my head. 'Eliot, what the hell is going on?! Who?!'

Kumoko finally managed to see who was standing there. I thought it was Ariel, but it's not. It's an unknown man who I don't remember seeing before. But I know one thing for sure: this guy is powerful!

Human LV54

Skill Points: 4,652

Ferdinand Ouvrora

HP 94,161
MP 81,061
SP 92,884

Average Offense Ability: 91,183
Average Defense Ability: 82,645
Average Magic Ability: 52,997
Average Resistance Ability: 65,987
Average Speed Ability: 101.974

'He's not as strong as I thought. False alarm. However, he has many abilities at a maximum level. He can also teleport like me. He can even fly.'

But indeed, the most eye-catching thing is the [Hero] title he has. Yes, this guy is a hero.

'Beware, this guy is a Hero. He was sent here to finish us off.'

'This guy's a hero? Oh, that's right, the title is in his Status. Do you know him?'

'I've never seen this guy before in my life.'

This guy doesn't exist in the original story. The first Hero I remember appearing in the original story was still a child. Besides, Kumoko found him by chance. I have no idea who Ferdinand is.

His name is too unique for me not to remember. Especially the surname "Ouvrora."

There isn't a noble family with that name in the world. It's a mess.

'Can you handle him?' Kumoko asked worriedly.

'To be honest, he's weaker than I thought. But I have to be careful with that sword of his. He also has excellent skills.'

He can use fire, wind, and teleportation and has sword skills at a master's level. If I'm not careful, I could end up dying.

Fortunately, my limit has gone up.

'120,000 on my strength, 120,000 on my defense.'

As long as I can hit him, it won't be a problem. But his speed is too high. His stats are much more balanced than mine. Fortunately, I have some skills that he doesn't have.

I used [ Jinx Evil Eye ] to do damage. He started taking damage. However, he made up for the damage with regeneration.

The man, with short blond hair and blue eyes, stared at me like an eagle. I was his prey, and he would not let me get away.

[ Inert Evil Eye ]

And then I used my other [ Evil Eye ]

Then, I used short-distance teleportation, appearing just above the Hero's head. Then.

Tlin~~

My claw collided with his neck.

No, it wasn't his neck.

My claw collided with his sword. He raised it and blocked my attack before I could hit him.

'Eliot, look out!

I teleported away, but the Hero soon appeared before me. With the stance of an experienced warrior, he swung his sword with all his might. I felt my life flash before my eyes.

But I trusted my defense.

I blocked his attack with my claw just like he did.

Tlin~~

Again, our weapons clashed. I blocked his attack as if it were no big deal and took no damage.

'I can rely on my defense and strength. I have to trick him somehow.'

####

*Change of POV*

Hours ago.

In a luxurious room in an unknown castle, a young boy was sitting in a comfortable chair while looking at a blond man with blue eyes.

The boy, who was relatively young, perhaps 14 - 15 years old, had yellowish streaks in his hair and brown eyes.

"Mr. Hugo, we have received information that a huge army of monsters is near the Oths border. The army passed very close to Keren County, but there were no incidents."

"Ferdinand, have you received any more information about those idiots?"

"No, sir."

"So we didn't get the sword back?"

"No, sir."

Punch!

Hugo punched the table hard.

"I lent the sword to those assholes, but they made sure to lose it. What will happen if my father finds out about this?" Hugo was seething with hatred.

"Why did you lend them the sword, sir?"

"I received information about something interesting. I sent them to investigate. That idiot begged me for it, so I did it for him. But I didn't imagine they'd die in there."

"Something interesting? I didn't hear about it." Ferdinand tilted his head, confused.

"There's a spider in that labyrinth. A rather dangerous spider."

"Are you talking about the queen?"

"No, that's not it. Some men from our empire found some very resistant webs. They also saw a small spider fighting in quite a different way."

"But why were you curious about it?"

"This spider is much more intelligent than usual, so... No, forget it."

"..." Ferdinand stared at him, trying to figure out what was happening in the boy's head.

Meanwhile, Hugo kept thinking the same thing.

'He's one of my classmates. I'm sure of it.' A macabre smile appeared on Hugo's face.

He might not have been after that spider if it hadn't been for that strange dream.

####

Read extra chapters on my patreon: patreon

Next chapters: Chapter 74 - Battle/Editing LV6 / Chapter 75 - New subordinate. They're becoming more aware. / Chapter 76 - I can't edit!!! / Chapter 77 - City destroyed. Monsters evolution. / Chapter 78 - What level do I need to reach to evolve? / Chapter 79 - Scary creatures. / Chapter 80 - Sloth and Wrath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back