• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Level Real Quest [SAO]

Hm? *Reads said sections* your right my mistake to be fair if Kirito taught her then she is still better with a Sword then spear.

[X] Check the menu to see if the Log Out button is back.

Bloodshifter said:
Hm? *Reads said sections* your right my mistake to be fair if Kirito taught her then she is still better with a Sword then spear.

That's why Kirito says, she should stay a spear user then? Doesn't sound like she's good with swords to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tally~

[X] Put on your old Sword Art Online armor, Kirito's coat, and pick up your spear.
(QQ) - Happerry, R.A.G., Malcolmo, minuseven, Redon
(SB) - scope, kestrel404

[X] Put on your old Sword Art Online armor and pick up your spear
(QQ) - Bloodshifter, Carrnage
(SB) - Spectrum, Malbutorius, Ephemeral Dreamer

[X] Put on your breastplate, Kirito's coat and equip his Anneal Blade +6.
(SB) - RLDX

[X] Put on your breast plate, Kirito's coat, any pants armor, and the spear.
- - [X] Check if you can add items to your inventory (i.e. can you stick the branch in inventory?)
- - [X] Check if you can access other parts of the SAO UI
(SB) - katreus

[X] Check the menu to see if the Log Out button is back.
(SB/QQ) - Aranfan

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqc4Yss6S3o[/embed]

[X] Put on your old Sword Art Online armor, Kirito's coat, and pick up your spear.

Placing everything you had into your inventory, including the limes and apples, you shook your head at how... easy it was to just slip into the habit of Sword Art Online.

To equip your armor, you would need to take off your clothes. And thus you de-equipped your school uniform and shivered at the cold air meeting your body.

With a yipe, you find yourself given incentive to VERY quickly equip on your Sword Art Online clothing and armor. You could only hope that no one was watching

There was that whispering sound again. The breeze was nice if chilly, but it felt odd that there was something whispering in the wind.

̨͡͞Bé̕ ́͡m͢͡í̧͡ne҉!҉҉ ̧M̨̛i̸̸̡n͏é̢̀.̛͘̕ MIǸ̡̕E.̵͞ MI͘N̛E.̨ ̢͟M͏͟IN̶͠͡E͏.̡ Ỳ̕o̡̨҉u ̡h̴͟͝a̢͡v̵͠e̸͢ ̀͢n͠o͜ ̧͟͢ç̴ho͏ì͏͘c̷̡͏ȩ͞.͝ ͞Ǹ͘͞o̸҉ ́͏h͞op̧͡e̢.̵͠ ͡N͞o͘͜͢ chan̨cé.̷̨̨ N̴̸o͢͠ e͘͜s͏̡c̵á̸pe͡.̷̡ N҉o͢͞n̕̕e.̨

You shook your head. It felt like there was something in the air. There was the sensation of heaviness in the breeze. And a faint rumbling in the distance.

Perhaps, there was an on-coming storm.

You looked up at the clouds, you could see a shadow within it in the distance. It appeared to be quite far away. You mentally shrugged, it wasn't odd for people to associate things with what they saw. Giving meaning where there was none.

Here and there in the distance, you can also see beams of sunlight flickering in and out where the clouds parted before closing.

Elsewhere, shadows where the clouds had gathered.

You shook your head and put on Kirito's coat.

It... felt nice. Warm.

There was that scent that you had associated with him, leather, oil and polished metal. This was Kirito's coat.

And wearing it, it gave you the sensation that he was here. That you had his arms around you.

You breath in, and took hold of his sword before pulling it out of the roof that you were on. There was a moment where you contemplated using his Queen's Knightsword. To have his strength protecting you.

It lasted a moment as you remembered the struggling you had to master using a sword. With regret, you placed Kirito's sword into your inventory and equipped your Long Spear +2. It was a familiar weapon for you. The heft and reach of the spear was comforting.

The spear had served you well and had guarded you before your eventual fall in that trapped room.

With it in your hands, you felt better and somewhat more confident.

Weapon in hand, you took the Crystals out of your inventory to slip them into the buckled pockets in the interior of Kirito's coat. Quick and easy access to them was key to survival.

When one was in combat or trapped there wasn't always time to pull the crystals from the system inventory. Next, you slipped the Divine Stone of Returning Soul on to your belt to your side.

"Mrrrr~?" You freeze at the sound behind you. It was an impossible sound. And yet, you turn around to see something you hadn't in ages.

A cat.

Or rather a perfectly normal and quite black kitten with blue eyes. Startling blue eyes like sapphires.

It was licking its paw.

There had been no cats in Aincrad. Cute animals, yes. Very dangerous animals, also yes. But no cat cats.

- - -
Level Real /// The Cat
- - -

What Do?
Kitty!
[X] Pick up and pet and take it with you?
[X] Eye it carefully and leave it be?
[X] Attack it? Wait... what? What kind of monster are you?

Action!
[X] Try and climb down the side of the building.... hahahahaha... no, seriously.
[X] Open the door and go down the stairs?
[X] Write In.

Tally

Kitty
QQ - Redon, Malcolmo, Bloodshifter
SB - kestrel404, LightMage
QQ - Happerry, minuseven, Aranfan
SB - scope
[X] Eye it carefully and leave it be. But give it one of the apples.
SB - katreus
[X] Offer kitty an apple
SB - Spectrum

Action
QQ - Redon, Happerry, minuseven, Aranfan
SB - kestrel404, scope

[X] Surf down the side of the building by stabbing your spear into the wall and let your body weight pull you down, boots skimming the surface as you do so.
[X] Open the door cautiously and go down the stairs, spear at the ready.

SB - katreus,

QQ - Malcolmo

[X] Recheck your status and skills in the Sword Art menu before going anywhere. Did any of your stats change from what you remember? Did you gain or lose skills?
SB - Spectrum, LightMage

[X] Open the door and go down the stairs and be extreamly careful, act like you're exploring a new dungeon.
SB - LightMage

I don't think keeping random animals when we have no idea if it is what it seems like. Also random abomination seems to want to want to control us for some reason.

[X] Pick up and pet and take it with you

[X] Open the door and go down the stairs

[X] Pick up and pet and take it with you

[X] Open the door and go down the stairs

For Luck - 1d100=97

You are not that much of a newbie, anyone whose managed to survive up to level twenty plus in Aincrad tend to remember some basic rules.

Such as do not aggro strange animals.

Even if they are nice and soft and fluffy. No... bad. Must avoid petting its soft fur.

Even if it was purring and rubbing against your leg. Be strong, Sachi, be strong!

Even if... oh! the fur was very nice, very fluffy! You find yourself petting it. Eventually, the kitty seemed content with your petting before urging you and your hand towards the door.

Eventually, you breath in and eyed the door once more. And out. Giving the kitty one last pet, you stood up and walked up to it, your long spear +2 in hand. The door knob turned at a touch of your hand. But what really concerned you were the words carved into the door.

Words that you noticed only when you were touched the door knob. Still, you focused. There was no point at wondering why your name was on it. Your real name. Not the screen name that you used everywhere online.

Opening the door proved harder than expected.

Still, you put your back into it and pulled.

Darkness yawned open before you as air blew in past you and down... darkness that vanished in a flicker of light before returning once more.

Darkness and light warred with each other down the flight of stairs as the florescent lights on the ceiling flickered. Gazing down the stair well revealed normal looking concrete stairs.

There is a moment of fear of the unknown. The fear vanished as you noticed the cat darting past your open legs and down the stairs before looking up at you as if to ask if you were coming or not.

Stepping past the door way and down the stairs, you held your spear in a ready position to deal with any possible monster attack. You were not prepared to have the door slam shut behind you.

Y̢ǫ́͢ư̧ ҉͘w҉̨̢͟i̕͟͢͢l̵̸͘͟͠l̴͝ ̸̛͢͟͠b̢̀ȩ̶͜ ̨̀͘͞m͏i͘͏n̴̴͞e̵.̧͞ ̸͢M̵̢͝I̧͘͝͞͠ń͜ȩ͘͜͠!̸̵͜͝ ̷̡̧̀M̧̕I̷̡N̴̡Ȩ́!̵̢̕͟ ҉͘͢M̷͟I̴͏͘N̴͜͝Ȩ̶͟!̵̴͞ ͝M̛͞͝͞͠Ì̧͡҉͟Ń̕È͞!̴͡
͏̡̛͞͞ ̡́̕ ̶̢͜͟ ̴̶̸́͢ ̴̷̡́͢ ̷͠ ̛͢ ̵̡ ̷͡͠ ̨͘͜ ̡̕͢ ̵̷̶ ̀͞ ̴̛̕͝ ̸͏̸̵́ ̧̨҉ ̨͜͝͏ ̵̢͏ ͢͟͠ ̶̛͘͞ ̧̨̧͡҉ ̡͘̕͟ ̷̸́̀͞ ̀́̀͟ ̢́͠͏̕ ̷̢̛ ̢͜ ̡̢́́͠ ̶́͘͠͞ ͢͟͏̨͜ ͝Ỳ̸͟͢͝ǫ̡́̀͞u̷͜͜͏ ̨͜͟͠ć̛͢͝à̸̢͜ń̴̵̵̡ ̶̨҉̨n̷͠o̧̡t̵̵̢̛͘ ͏̷̢̀è́s̵̀͞c̵̵̷͟á̛͞p̵̵e͟͜҉̀͞.̧̛
҉̴͡Y̸҉̀ơ͠ú̧͡ ̶̨̢̢w̧̢i̢̕̕ĺ̴̨͘͝l̛͏ ̢n̵̸̕͢͝o̷̷t̡̨̀͟ ̢̨̧͠e͢͝s̸͢c͘͠a̢͜p̵̷̨͝҉e̸̕͠.̡́͝҉̀
̀͜͠͡Y̷̶o҉̵̧u҉̴̡̕͠ ͢͜w̨̡̢i̧̧̛͜l̸̀̕͠ļ̵ ̷K҉̵́͟N̛͢E͞͠E̷̶̕͟L̕͜ ̀͝I҉̷̶͢N͏̛͝ ͟͢S̸͢͠Ư̵̛͟͠B̵̧M̵̀͜ÍŚ̡͜S҉̶̸I̢̢̨҉̨O̡͘͘͜N̷҉͞ ̨̢̧̢T̸̷Ó̢̕͟ ̵̨̨M̨̧͞É̡͞!͟҉̸

You shivered at the howl of the wind beyond the door.

A door which had the words "The roof at the end of the stairs" carved stylistically in english. Very nicely done, if one were to do calligraphy in that language, this might even qualify for such.

You continue down the stairs and did your best to ignore the rumbling and howling of wind on the roof. A brief prayer was said for the plants up there, but more couldn't be done. And thus you carefully ventured down the stairs.

A few flights down, you and the cat came to the end of the stairs...

A door awaits, with baleful crimson light shining from the slight gap beneath.

- - -
Level Real /// Howling Winds
- - -

What Do?
[X] Open Door.
[X] Stay where you are.
[X] Go back upstairs.
[X] Pet the black kitty whose by you and ask it for advice.
[X] Write In.

Tally

QQ - Happerry, Malcolmo, minuseven, Pipeman
SB - katreus, Spectrum, xenondestroyer

[X] Just open it from the side with the knob, staying near the wall, and have your spear ready if you want to do that. You can either open it just a sliver to peek in or fling it open, ready to stab with your spear.
SB - LightMage

You settle down to sit on the bottom of the stairs, cradling your weapon. You had a choice, open the door and encounter that crimson light. Or go back upstairs and into that horrid weather outside. Or you could sit here.

You look down at the black cat that was busy purring and nudging your leg.

How could you resist?

An adorable cat like this? You would have to be a heartless person to ignore it.

You picked it, patted it, snuggled it and enjoyed the comfort it gave you. Certainly, the purring was a nice thing and a sign that the cat liked you.

Yeah... you were going to sit here and pat the cat and ignore the howling wind upstairs and crimson light down here beyond the door. But you'd starve, wouldn't you? Or die of thirst and what of mister Kitty?

You sighed and bowed your head, only to experience a gentle meeting of head or a headbutt by mister Kitty. A low and questioning mrrrr greeted you as you looked back at him in the flickering light.

"Oh, mister Kitty... what should I do?" The question was met with a tilting of head from the cat as it meowed back in response. "Should I go on or should I go back?"

There was only a purr and a nudging of your hand by his head as if he was saying "I'm a cat, what did you expect me to do? Give advice freely? Even if I was a magical cat, I'd still be a cat, y'know.". Okay, that wasn't much help, even if it did boost your morale.

- - -
Level Real /// Morale Boost
- - -

What Do?
[X] Open Door.
[X] Stay where you are, give up and cower in the flickering darkness. Unable to go forwards or backwards.
[X] Go back upstairs.
[X] Write In.

[X] Open Door.

You know I kind of saw that coming. Worth it though.

[X] Open the Door.
Sachi "Smart" Roll - 4d10 → [9,9,3,5] = 2 successes

There wasn't exactly much of a choice, was there?

A door with ominous crimson light beneath? A howling storm behind and a stairway where darkness mingled with light as the light flickered.

Mister Kitty purred and hopped out of your head, as if sensing your resolve. You really should name him something more than just Mister Kitty.

You slapped your face to get into the spirit of... maybe you shouldn't slap your cheeks THAT hard, still... it did get you ready. A bit of stretching and you were limber. You can do this.

Breath in.

And.

Out.

And you relaxed, you can feel the tension leave your body.

Carefully, you investigated the door. That there was a glow from its edges was obvious, and careful investigation revealed that the door was too 'deep' in to reveal anything about the source of the light. There was a slight and soft thumping sound every now and then, but that didn't mean much about the cause of it.

Still, you carefully opened the door with its rather cold door handle.

Crimson light filled your world...

And...

You know this light.

You could hear the desperate rage in Kirito's voice as he called out your name. Feel the numb calmness fill your heart at knowing it was over, that your end would come soon..

That light.

Falling forward, looking at him as he reached out for you.

Your last words to him.

That moment lasted an eternity before you caught yourself and looked about you. Panels of square cast in stone covered the walls, floors and ceiling.

This was that room. You knew it with absolute certainty. You had died here.

That chest in the center of the room.

It was that chest.

That trapped chest.

THAT THING that had killed you all.

Still closed, and yet... death awaited you within it. You knew this.

The door.

You looked about, and saw it across the room. Like chest, it too was closed.

Dark metal with a floral patten cast upon it, with a certain solidness.

You could feel the panic and terror that had hidden within your heart for that long year threaten to spill out, a bitter drink from a cup with a chip in its rim.

- - -
Level Real /// Crimson Room
- - -

What Do?
[X] Open the chest?
[X] Cross the room and open the door?
[X] Pick up Mister Kitty and try to calm down?
[X] Write In.

[X] Cross the room and open the door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back