• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[LP] Dragon Warrior Monsters, "What is a Shota?"

...I wish I can do them well.
Mine has now got a Metal King, a Blizzardy and a Gulp Beast after a few hours of playing, at C-rank tournament, but then I think I may have rushed it ^_^;

Anybody know where to get a few Lava and Ice men? I want to make a couple of Gold Golems, so I can get a +# Gold Slime.

There's a guy offering to let one of your monsters breed with his Ice Man at some point.

I usually just lazy it up with a blizzard bird from that, but it's probably the easiest way to get a Gold Golem, though you still have to get a Lava Man one way or another. Unless you're lucky with NPC enemies, or can wait until the post-game dungeons I think might let you find them, you'll have to breed that one.

Chibi-Reaper said:
There's a guy offering to let one of your monsters breed with his Ice Man at some point.

I usually just lazy it up with a blizzard bird from that, but it's probably the easiest way to get a Gold Golem, though you still have to get a Lava Man one way or another. Unless you're lucky with NPC enemies, or can wait until the post-game dungeons I think might let you find them, you'll have to breed that one.
Damn.

EDIT: Huh. JUST got a Lava Man. Like, right after posting this.
EDIT2: Make that TWO Lava Men.
EDIT3: Three. Also, Priests are pretty good for them. Now, I just need some Ice Men, since I'm pretty sure that they need to be the first monster that you select, while breeding.

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dwm1gbc/traveler_gates.php
Things would have been a LOT easier, with that.

EDIT4: Huh. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. I now have a +13 Gold Slime.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, plan to get Divinegon: Run through first dungeon until we capture a Slime. Then start breeding our initial Slime with generic Slime-type monsters until it hits Slime +5, then breed it with the second Slime to get a King Slime. Breed the Golem with the Dracky to get a Coil Bird, then breed that with the Picky to get a Mad Condor. Breed that with the King Slime to get a Spot King, which we then breed with a Dragon-type to get a Great Drak. We then breed Gremlin with Dragon to get a Medusa Eye, that we then breed with the Great Drak to get an Orochi. We then breed the Orochi with our Sky Dragon to get a Divinegon.

7KnwOQU.png

Here's my team, after the C-rank tournament and I decided to go on a baby spree :D

Party_zps2e18efe5.png

Party2_zps259a84f7.png

Party3_zps42581c68.png

Not sure what to replace the Slime King with. Maybe a ZapBird, when I get another two Tiny Medals?

I already have a ZapBird, but I dunno whether breeding it as the pedigree with my RainHawk is better or worse, since I like RainHawk's colors.
But then again, I'm at a complete loss on what to get. Should I go for the Gold Slime or some other things?

Is the Gold Slime your healer, Selias? If Healer and King Slime were among its ancestors, it can know Heal Us and Vivify, making it quite capable in that area. If not, maybe your third monster can be a second Gold Slime for healing. You know, for the occasional monster that gets through your party's near-invulnerability. ;) :p

Alright, so I've got a Yeti, what unique monster can I breed with it?

nick012000 said:
Is the Gold Slime your healer, Selias? If Healer and King Slime were among its ancestors, it can know Heal Us and Vivify, making it quite capable in that area. If not, maybe your third monster can be a second Gold Slime for healing. You know, for the occasional monster that gets through your party's near-invulnerability. ;) :p
The parents had some good healing abilities, I think. I'll need to level it up to know, for sure.
kinglugia said:
Alright, so I've got a Yeti, what unique monster can I breed with it?
Get a Gate Guard, breed it with your Yeti, and then use the Centasaur to make a Durran?

We start with the gate of Memories.

2014_03_23_11_36_36_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

That is to say, the one on the left.

Honestly speaking, there's little to say about this one. I've already mentioned the monsters here, from covering the veteran masters, and I don't think I can bring myself to keep getting a screenshot of every last enemy encounter.

2014_03_23_11_36_54_Visual_Boy_Advance_101.png

One thing to note, the enemies are slightly more difficult than before, so they backtrack and only make you go through four levels, here.

And I run into a priest right before the boss.

2014_03_23_11_47_52_Visual_Boy_Advance_101.png

Got to say, as far as priests go, they aren't really impressive. Sure, full healing, but if you have a serious healer you can just heal to full and walk around a bit to restore mp before the boss chamber. Still, if you have to fight an NPC on the floor before a boss, priest is the one to do it. Even if you botch things and one or two of your monsters actually dies or gets hit with something you don't have a curative for, as long as you win you're still set.

2014_03_23_11_49_39_Visual_Boy_Advance_99.png

2014_03_23_11_50_00_Visual_Boy_Advance_99.png

And heres Gig the Madcat!

He's... he's a Madcat!

I can't really think of anything good or bad to say about him, as far as it goes. He's a beast, hits hard, and has decent hp? He'll cause trouble for you if you've been running from a lot of enemy encounters but seriously why would you ever run from a fight in an RPG? You're just shooting yourself in the foot, and starting yourself on a slippery downward spiral.

In any case, that's not much of an update.

2014_03_24_11_45_19_Visual_Boy_Advance_85.png

So hey, we're gonna crash the gate of Bewilder too.

2014_03_24_11_45_48_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

The level count goes back up to five, so given a choice between the two we'll probably want to use this one for leveling monsters.

And we pick up a DragonKid pretty quickly.

2014_03_24_11_47_20_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

Strictly speaking, this thing is kind of a terrible dragon.

But it's a female dragon, and that means there's something I want to do with it later. Not important now.

Later on, some of the random monsters start doing fun things like paralyzing and poisoning your monsters, status effects that stick around. This could... really, actually be a huge problem for facing the boss, and I was contemplating ditching the dungeon and taking another shot from square one.

2014_03_24_11_57_29_Visual_Boy_Advance_99.png

2014_03_24_11_57_43_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

But then I found another priest right before the boss room. Pretty lucky. Well, not in the sense that he crushed the third that got picked up, but it means that after a mildly difficult fight I can hit the boss room at full health.

2014_03_24_17_43_14_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

Unlike Madcat, which has a boss room that is pretty in your face direct, 'here is the boss, interact to throw down', the Facetree is set up in... well, the game likes to pretend it's a maze. In any case, he has underlings going on. Four stubsucks. Approach them and they'll move to get in...

2014_03_24_17_43_26_Visual_Boy_Advance_102.png

... or in this one's case, out of your way.

Now, you can fight one, none, or all of these minion monsters.

2014_03_24_17_44_25_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

But they're pretty weak, fight alone, and provide more xp than is really reasonable for the fight, so you're basically just shorting yourself of roughly 400 free xp if you pass them by. It will leave you in very slightly worse shape for the boss, though, since you can't recover mp by walking in the boss chamber.

In any case, facetree has twice the health of madcat, and is slightly less direct, which can lead to a frustrating fight. The first thing he does seems to be to make sure everyone is cursed.

This generally makes it take a little longer to kill him, but it's not like the fight is too hard if you approach it from roughly full health and being reasonably overleveled. I think they design these early stages under the assumption that you just breed everyone off the second they hit level ten or something, and that your heavy hitters still are around seven or eight? Who knows.

In any case, the tree ain't bad, he don't mind being beaten into line.

2014_03_24_17_46_42_Visual_Boy_Advance_101.png

In any case, back at the Tree, we picked up a monster along the way. Demonite! I somehow failed to screenshot it. Demonite comes with Blazemore, but nowhere near enough MP to use the skill even once.

But whether it can use it or not, that's a fire skill.

Which means there's a little something to take care of.

2014_03_24_17_53_00_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

2014_03_24_17_53_16_Visual_Boy_Advance_99.png

2014_03_13_18_57_27_yin_darker_than_black_draw.png
: "Yeah, great. Can I... maybe have that back now? Please? .... No? Yeah, okay."
2014_03_13_18_57_27_yin_darker_than_black_draw.png
: "...... Assholes."

We'll poke into this extra dungeon.... next time.

Meanwhile!

2014_03_24_17_57_18_Visual_Boy_Advance_100.png

FLYING MONKEYS.

Need a name and gender for this thing.

Niko. It should have one more "k," but it's the name of the leader of the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz.

Alright, I already has a level 35 ZapBird, but it still hasn't learned Hell Blast, which is annoying me.
Halp pls?

Have you hit the level cap?

If yes, breed it with a bird, pass go, and begin leveling from square one again.

If no, resume grinding.

I can't remember when, exactly, it happens. But it happens. I think. As an impatient kiddie, I would mostly default to much weaker skills that evolved along the way, like fire and ice air, and occasionally bang or that tornado thing.

But yeah, things like HellBlast and MegaMagic are not quick to show themselves. They need you to be above a certain level. They also need your stats to be above a certain level. It could really be either that's holding you back, there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back