• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Magical Girl Pretty Cure RP Forum - Ideas and Discussion

Hey everyone, I just got home! Looks like I'm actually in time for the session. Sweet!

Hey everyone, I just got home! Looks like I'm actually in time for the session. Sweet!

Wait, you'll be joining? Great!

Alright, while we wait for more people to show up, let's discuss how you would like to begin, shall we?

Also, Sousei no Onmyouji is probably good if you like action/romance, but I found it to be rather subpar. My Hero Academia, however, is a really, really good anime.

Wait, you'll be joining? Great!

Alright, while we wait for more people to show up, let's discuss how you would like to begin, shall we?

Also, Sousei no Onmyouji is probably good if you like action/romance, but I found it to be rather subpar. My Hero Academia, however, is a really, really good anime.
How to begin huh? Personally I don't want this to go too fast or too slow, but I'd like to at least start a little while before we get our powers.

Okay, so we're just waiting for Zaranoth and Ursa Tempest to get here, right? (Edit: and Nekraa. Sorry.)

Yeah, I'm going to have to say, allow time for exposition and whatnot. Generally the main character(s) get(s) their powers a good fifteen to twenty minutes into the first episode.

Also, Katsuryuu is at the arcade waiting for Arata to get there. Alright, now I can feel like my presence isn't totally contrived. Great!

Personally, I tends to follow the flows.

I'll just watch Kabaneri while waiting for the rest to trickle in.

Having said that, where would you prefer us to start? At the beginning of the day, before school, in the middle of the school day, or after school has already ended?

Alrighty then. I wanted to begin with the first day of school. According to this little article, the Japanese school year begins in April, so keep that in mind. There are a few Sakura trees planted in parts of the city, especially outside of the Comnet Academy's entrances. However, there is little natural vegetation in other parts of the city.

Also, Katsuryuu is at the arcade waiting for Arata to get there. Alright, now I can feel like my presence isn't totally contrived. Great!

The arcade is located in the "Central Grid Shopping Center" and is a popular hangout for teenagers, so it is not contrived to have your characters be there. If you aren't there for the arcade, then the fast food places or the shops would be where you would be.

I'll just watch Kabaneri while waiting for the rest to trickle in.

You mean steampunk!Attack on Titan? Nice choice, but I would recommend the Boku no Hero Academia anime. The first two episodes at least are very good.

Having said that, where would you prefer us to start? At the beginning of the day, before school, in the middle of the school day, or after school has already ended?

In the morning, just as you are entering one of Comnet Academy's six entrances (Elementary, Jr. High, High School, Sci-Tech Dept., Gymnasium, Back Elementary, and Back Secondary).

So, should it be long or short opening?

At some point I think we should set up a shared folder (Google Drive, maybe?) where we keep basic world building stuff (a general map of Comnet City, for example) tidbits of background information, and possibly a tentative session schedule. Though we should probably wait until later, when we've settled into the RP. Just throwing the idea out there.

Ah, sorry. let me expand. Some RP I've been into is really into narrative, where a post should be at least several paragraph long.

As you can imagine, this requires a really good literature senses and has a very 'serious business' aura. You need to have a really good grasp on personality not only your characters, but also others.

While others is more of a dialogue between characters, and tends to be more casual.

I think what he means is if we should take our time getting in to things or just have a brief intro and jump in to the powers and whatnot. Personally, I want to take our time.

At some point I think we should set up a shared folder (Google Drive, maybe?) where we keep basic world building stuff (a general map of Comnet City, for example) tidbits of background information, and possibly a tentative session schedule. Though we should probably wait until later, when we've settled into the RP. Just throwing the idea out there.

Also, I like this idea, it's something to look in to.

Ah, sorry. let me expand. Some RP I've been into is really into narrative, where a post should be at least several paragraph long.

As you can imagine, this requires a really good literature senses and has a very 'serious business' aura. You need to have a really good grasp on personality not only your characters, but also others.

While others is more of a dialogue between characters, and tends to be more casual.

As I am a beginner at this, probably a shorter version. The reason being that, when you are the gamemaster of a roleplay, you want to give your players the chance to interrupt and respond to certain actions.

I want say something: I think that when we start in the RP section, we should write down anything OOC in spoilers or on this thread, okay?

Alright, I am getting really, really hyped right now. It seems like we've got everything ready to go for session 1 (except for 3 people).

Oh yeah, is there a title for this already, as in a proper title, or are just going to make it up later?

Fridays from 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM CDT is when I will be available most often. On occasion, I will post things on weekends, but I will try my very best to make sure I do something in that time span.

Hey guys... It is an hour before midnight and I have to get up early tomorrow. Can we do this some other time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back