• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Magician Of Darkness (DxD/OC)

Aizen is a good character to imitate given he's pretty absurd.

Chapter 10: Phantom Blade New
10+ Advance Chapters: patreon.com/Accel14

Discord Link: KQAtTw9u7x

━━━━━

Following the incident with the manic Battle Priest. Everyone had returned to the clubroom, Rias currently working on getting her Pawn to think rationally.

And Akeno on the other hand paying close attention to Takauji, alongside the wound he had sustained from Freed's light bullet.

"We should've arrived earlier," she said. Confounding the Magician a fair bit.

"Why? Sure he had a little bit of strength, but he wasn't really anything to worry about." Freed had indeed displayed exceptional physical strength. But was there really much meaning to that if he couldn't use it properly?

Especially when things as elementary as provocations proved effective on him. He just didn't seem like all that much of an opponent.

"But… you got hurt." She continued to treat his wound.

"And? This is a minor wound at most, I'm not a Devil like you guys. Light Magic really doesn't hurt very much." It stung a little when she applied treatment, but that was about it. The bullet hadn't actually managed to enter his shoulder, only grazing it.

Akeno didn't seem to have a response as she continued to heal him, confusing the Magician even more.

"Next time I should be able to kill him. I've pretty much got the gist of how he fights now."

"No."

"No?" He repeated.

"There's no need for you to fight him again. We can take care of him." Takauji hummed inquisitively, corking his head in response to the strange look on her face.

"I think you're overreacting a little." He concluded, causing her to bite down on her lower lip.

"I'm not overreacting."

"Mmm. I think you are." He insisted, trying to understand her pained expression.

"I'm not. I just don't want to see you get injured again."

"Well that's not going to happen," she raised her head at him. "I want to finish up this fight, and then go fight even stronger people once Freed's dead. Of course I'm going to get injured."

"I won't allow it," Takauji's eyes seemed to harden a little.

"With all due respect, I don't think that's your decision to make. It's mine." He needed to fight in order to understand the weaknesses, strengths, and possible improvements he could make to his technique.

To tell him otherwise, was akin to ordering him to stagnate.

Akeno's clasp on his arm grew tighter, causing him to silently wince a little.

"But if you're going to be so insistent, then I'll make a deal with you." She looked him in the eyes. "I will kill Freed in one hit, that way he won't have a chance to wound me. Sounds good?"

"Are you making fun of me?" She didn't appear to be taking the proposition seriously.

"Nope. Do you not think I can pull it off?" He smiled.

Her expression started to ease as she took a deep breath. Trying to compose herself again.

"No, you can do it." She decided to encourage him. Not understanding that he meant his declaration literally.

"Then it's settled."

Rias started to clap, gathering the attention of everyone in the room.

"Issei-kun, Takauji. You both should probably listen to this." They looked at her attentively. "There are two types of Exorcists. One is the type that works for the Angels and God, and receives blessings from them in order to carry out exorcisms. And then there is another type, Stray Exorcists."

Even from just a reputational standpoint, Takauji had found it weird that Freed had so openly created such a desecration.

"Similar to how Angels can fall as a result of giving in to their own desires. The same can happen for Exorcists, for example their duty to eradicate Devils could turn into an unhealthy obsession that consumes them in the end. And they end up being kicked out of the Church for this."

"But that's not the end of it, is it?" Takauji beckoned.

"No, it isn't. Since they have nowhere to go once they lose the Church's backing. They need someone else to act as their support if they survive the Church's attempt to kill them."

"The Fallen Angels," Issei blurted out.

"Indeed. Since both parties are against us Devils, it ends up in them collaborating with one another, which is why that Stray Exorcist had Fallen Angels coming to his rescue."

"Wouldn't that also mean that the Church he visited, isn't an actual Church?" The Magician deduced.

"Mhm. I imagine it's probably the Fallen Angels base of operations. I'd advise keeping your distance from it."

"But, I still need to save Asia!" Rias glared at him.

"If I hear that nun's name out of your mouth one more time. I'm going to start actually getting mad." He couldn't help but stand down. "And even if you were to go, what would you do? They'd kill you on the spot. Like I said, I cannot revive you twice."

Issei wanted to refute her, but she had a point. Each time he had encountered a Fallen Angel it had led to him getting a one-sided beating, needing Rias to come save him.

As he was now, he did not have the strength to rescue Asia.

━━━━━

Some time had passed since they had returned to the clubroom. And both Kiba and Takauji were currently standing opposite one another, the Knight sporting a befuddled look on his face.

"You want to– spar me?" He hesitated to ask.

"Yes, there was a certain technique I used against Freed that I want to improve on, and I'd like your help to do it." In truth, the illusionary sword technique was something he had just made on the fly, but to his fortune it had ended up being rather useful.

Basically giving him a technique that functioned like a Phantom Blade.

"I'm more than happy to help you believe me, but I really don't understand much about human Magic. I'm not sure I'd be of any assistance."

Takauji could only chuckle. "I'm not talking about the Magic aspect of it, I just need your help correcting my swordsmanship."

Normally Kiba wouldn't approve of someone not completing all the groundwork before they started sparring, but since they were engaged in a mini-war at the moment, he could make an exception.

"I see. Sure, I can do that." He agreed, assuming a stance.

And Takauji made an attempt to mimic it.

"Remember, keep your back straight." Kiba corrected it, and then the spar began.

Obviously the Knight intended to hold back, fully aware of how much a greenhorn the Magician was.

But little did he know, he was in for quite the surprise.

"What did you do?" He felt a faint pain on his wrist as the tip of Takauji's Shinai somehow managed to whack him.

It didn't make sense, he had perfectly read the attack. How could he have been hit?

"I think it's easier to explain it through a demonstration," Takauji took a step back. Gently moving his training sword in a circular motion as Kiba followed the movement with his eyes.

And then it happened, at the last second the Shinai appeared in a slightly different location than where it was supposed to be.

"An illusion?"

"Yes, an illusion. I knew you'd figure it out." The Magician praised.

"I must admit, that is a rather troublesome technique to deal with. But that makes it all the more effective," Kiba fell into thought.

"Any advice on how to use it better?"

"For starters, I think a one-handed grip might suit you better from now on." He suggested.

"Oh?"

"That technique will require a greater range of movement if you want to aim for your opponents blind spots. So switching to a one-handed stance should allow you to access that range."

"I see," he did as the Knight instructed him. Waving his Shinai around a little. "Mhm, this does feel a lot better."

"That's good to hear," Kiba returned to his original stance. "We're short on time so I don't think I'll be able to teach you how to use that grip the conventional way."

"Of course," meaning he'd have to use the faster way.

Also known as, getting the living daylight beat out of you until you figure it out.

For the first solid half hour of sparring, Takauji failed to even meet Kiba's Shinai with his own. Obtaining a sea of bruises all over his arms and hands.

Getting smacked with dried bamboo again and again, hurts a lot more than one would imagine it to.

Notwithstanding, he decided to persist. As per usual.

Freed also made use of a one-handed grip so he could wield his gun in the other hand, and as much as he hated to admit it, the guy's swordsmanship was exceptional. So there were a few learning points he could take from their fight.

"Are you sure you want to continue?" Thanks to being a Devil, Kiba's stamina was far above Takauji. Making the former looked like he had just gone for a light jog, and the latter a marathon.

It was only now that Takauji had started to actually make his sword clash with Kiba's.

"Yes, like you said we're short on time." He swallowed the pain coming from his bruises, intent on getting this technique down.

"Very well, but do let me know when it becomes too much for you."

"Sure," that was a straight-up lie. "But do you mind if I try something else out as well?"

"Be my guest," Kiba welcomed it.

"Thanks," all of a sudden Takauji's speed increased more than twofold. Surprising Kiba as he started to exert some of his strength in order to meet the momentum of his attack.

"Don't tell me you made that up on the go as well?"

"No, I learned this recently." He had just used Mana Step, another technique he absolutely had to perfect.

Even though his physical stamina was nearing its limit, his Mana reserves were nowhere near depleted. Not only a result of his naturally high reserves, but also because of the fact he didn't yet possess a technique that consumed a large amount of Mana.

All would come in due time. One needed to learn to walk before they could run after all.

"Seems handy, but by the looks of things you're not actually able to traverse in any direction other than a straight line," Kiba grinned a little.

"Sharp as ever."

Right now the technique could only be used when he had a good amount of distance between himself and the opponent, which was usually before a fight began.

Or he could use it in order to retreat or get from point A to B, that was about it for now.

He's not even using his eyes to trace my movements when I use Mana Step. Which means he's able to sense the burst of Mana itself and predict my trajectory based on that, how troublesome.

However, I wonder if I could mask Mana Step by fusing it with my Darkness affinity once I'm able to. Would it then become Shadow Step or something?

I suppose there's no use focusing on that right now, I'll get to it once I've finished this technique first.

Their sparring had continued fairly late into the night, Kiba actually having made some improvements of his own. Which wasn't all that surprising considering that it was his first time dealing with such a strange technique.

And an incredibly hard one to counter to boot. It basically forced an opponent to make the correct split-second decision twice during every swing.

One for the original movement of the blade, and another for the sudden change in path.

If they failed to do so, they would die. No exceptions.

But eventually Akeno decided to stop their duel, not wanting Kiba to replicate Takauji's tendency to overwork himself.

There were still plenty of enemies in Kuoh they needed to deal with, being well rested before they encountered them was crucial.

━━━━━

It looks like Taka's acquired a pretty handy technique.

Word Count: 2019

Looks like he's learning a lot and using his insights from the fight to learn more.

Get ready to be in pain which his single minded focus is going to cause you Akeno

Chapter 11: Summon Request New

━━━━━

Right now Takauji found himself strolling through a children's park, being ordered by his contractor to go looking for a certain someone who had decided to skip school.

Christ it's hot out here.

He used his palm to shield his eyes from the blinding rays of sunlight. Taking off his blazer in an attempt to save himself from the scorching temperature.

I should've bought ice cream or something before I came here, it's like I'm about to turn into a puddle of gooey flesh.

Fueled with the desire to return to the sweet embrace of air conditioning, he decided to hasten his search. Putting all his effort into locating his target.

Not him. Not that guy either. Nope, nope, nope. Oh?

He narrowed his eyes, noticing a figure with spiky brown hair sitting on one of the benches by himself. His head glued to the ground with a solemn look on his face.

Bingo!

"I've been looking for you, Issei-kun."

He approached his underclassmen, causing Issei to look in bewilderment as he faced his upperclassmen.

"Takauji-senpai? What are you doing here?" His tone seemed pretty weak, void of its usual annoyingly high enthusiasm.

"That's my line, my contractor sent me here after you decided to skip school. They're probably worried about you or something."

Issei's lips quivered as his mood took another hit.

"It looks like I've caused them even more trouble."

Takauji breathed a sigh, deciding to sit down next to him as he turned to the Pawn.

"I'd ask what's eating you, but judging from how you were yesterday. I'm going to assume this is about the nun girl?"

Issei clenched his fists together.

"She's not the nun girl, she's Asia." Takauji didn't take his sudden burst of anger all that seriously.

"Right, Asia." He repeated with a distinct lack of care. "I take it you are still looking for a way to rescue her?"

"Yes, but yesterday has made me realize that I'm still too weak. Unless I get stronger, I'll never be able to get her back." He said with a faint sense of brimming resolve.

"So you're going to wield your strength for another? Rather than yourself?" Issei looked at the Magician with widened eyes.

"Is that so surprising?"

"It is for you, I thought you wanted to be stronger so you could have your harem or whatever it was?" The Sacred Gear welder donned a conflicted expression.

"I still do, but Asia is my friend. And she has a good heart, it doesn't sit right with me to just abandon her when she needs me."

"In that case, what are you doing brooding over here? You should be training with everyone else, if you actually want to help her that is."

Issei was about to respond, but the sound of a bell-like voice would soon catch his attention.

"Issei-san? Is that you?" He turned, a sense of elation welling within him as he faced the blonde individual standing before him.

"Asia?" He said, almost not believing that she was here himself. "What are you doing here?" She was supposed to be captive as of now, or working under the crazed Exorcist.

"I was just going on a stroll." The events of yesterday started to resurface in their minds, forming an awkward atmosphere between them.

"... I see," out of the blue, Issei decided to turn to Takauji and bow in front of him. "Takauji-senpai, please don't tell Buchou, but I'd like to spend a little time with Asia."

The Magician fell silent for a bit, his eyes shifting between the two momentarily. Thinking about his request briefly.

"Tell her what? I don't see anything out of place. Is there something I should be aware of?"

I shouldn't have to babysit her boyfriend to begin with, they can solve this mess on their own. I'd rather be at home working on something actually productive.

"Thank you," Issei held his bow. "I'll find a way to pay you back."

"No need, as you are now there's nothing of value you could give me. Pay me back when you actually have something worth giving to me." Takauji disappeared into a pillar of light.

━━━━━

He found himself back in the clubroom, expecting looks all focused on him.

"He's fine," sighs of relief could be heard from the members. "I think he just needs some time to destress and process everything that happened in that house."

You're lucky I need that Familiar. Otherwise I wouldn't even think about putting up with having to be a babysitter.

The Magician sat down on the couch, making himself comfortable and politely receiving a cup of tea from Akeno.

"Is there anything else we should be aware of?" Rias questioned, looking at him expectantly.

"Not particularly, he does have an inferiority complex at the moment as a result of his lacking strength. So maybe training him up would be to his benefit."

"I see, I'll take that into account."

Takauji picked up a book he had left on the table, finding his bookmark and continuing where he left off.

"What are you studying this time?" Akeno inched closer, looking at the book with piqued interest.

"Something that I probably won't figure out for a long time. It's technically a high-tier spell, but doesn't possess any direct combat value."

"Do tell," she prompted.

"Apparently Darkness can be used to create a little Pocket Dimension if you will, however all you can do with it is store inanimate objects, and even those come with a whole array of restrictions and limitations depending on weight, size, and all that good stuff."

"A Pocket Dimension? Are you sure you should be working on something like that now?"

"No, that's why I said I wouldn't learn it for a while. All I'm doing is looking for bits and bobs that I have a vague understanding of, and using that to enhance the spells I do understand. It's kind of like taking the hilt from a steel sword, and applying it to a wooden one."

His approach to studying Magic was quite unorthodox in this regard, but that didn't necessarily mean it was useless.

Normally Magicians in academies such as Grauzauberer would follow a strict syllabus, forbidding them from touching material that they were not supposed to interact with.

But as a self-taught Magician, Takauji was free to choose his own method of study.

The spell basically creates a tear in space, opening up a pocket of "nothing" and allowing the caster to use that "nothing" as storage. But the amount of calculative prowess needed to pull this off… until I get that Familiar I won't even be able to touch the surface of this spell.

Everything comes back to that doesn't it?

Just be patient, Takauji, you'll get it when the time calls.

"How interesting," she said in spite of not fully understanding what he was blabbing about.

"Hey, Taka." She lowered her voice, and Takauji pretended that she hadn't just called him that. "Is Issei-kun really alright?"

He didn't move, only moving his eyes towards her.

"Of course. Why would you suggest otherwise?"

She hummed, bringing her face closer to him so she could see his expression more clearly. But Takauji's face revealed little as always.

"No reason, maybe I'm just more worried about Issei-kun than I thought," she softened.

"Maybe you are," Takauji closed his book and stood up. Deciding that he had enough interaction for the day.

"And where might you be headed?" Rias asked. "School's still on."

"You can cover for me, I'm going back home to prepare for our confrontation with the Fallen Angels." She couldn't deny him if that was the reasoning.

"You can't do it here?"

"Unless you want a face full of Darkness Magic exploding in your face while I train, then I'm afraid not."

"I'll come with," Akeno suggested, which was more like a declaration seeing as Takauji wouldn't have much of a choice in a matter. "Don't give me that look, you're the one who said I could do as I please after all."

"I did say that," as long as she didn't interrupt. He could find it in him to tolerate her presence.

Pretending not to notice the disgruntled look on his contractor's face, he took himself and Akeno back to his abode of knowledge acquisition.

"Hey, do you want to spar with me for a bit?" Akeno asked him out of the blue.

"Can't say I was expecting you to ask me that. Any reason you want to spar in particular?" He was understandably curious.

"Not really, it's just that I've watched you train for a bit now, and I've seen you use some spells here and there. But I've never had a chance to see where your strength actually is first hand."

"I see. But if that's what you wanted you should've asked me when we were still at the clubroom, if we spar here the neighbors will see it."

"That's not a problem," Takauji raised a brow. "I'll just create a barrier around us, that way they won't be able to see what's going on."

"You can do that?" He hadn't heard of such a technique, which was understandable considering he barely had over a week of experience.

"Mhm, watch." She twirled her finger as a dark-colored dome descended around his house, making it appear almost as if it were night time.

"That was quick."

"What can I say? I'm good at what I do." She beamed proudly, leading him to the backyard as they stood opposite one another.

"You ready?" Akeno asked.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted to accept."

"True, but you would've agreed anyway. Aren't I right?" She had a fair point.

Takauji didn't need to respond, he simply unsheathed his Katana and looked at his own reflection in the blade momentarily.

"Whenever you're ready," she awaited.

He decided to take the initiative, opening the fight by using Mana Step in order to appear right in front of her.

His plan was relatively simple, he would keep pressuring her with Phantom Blade until he either managed to get a lucky hit, or stressed her enough into giving him an opening.

"Sorry, the truth is I've actually been watching your sparring sessions with Yuuto-kun."

She formed a widespread defensive circle that covered the entirety of her torso, blocking his blade effortlessly.

I see. If she covers her entire body to begin with, then it doesn't matter whether I disguise the trajectory of my blade or not. It just won't hit regardless.

"I don't mind," he stepped back. Using his foot to kick up a cloud of dust to hide his position momentarily.

Obviously, she could still sense him with her Demonic Power, but that sense only worked on things that contained a certain amount of Mana.

(SWOOSH!)

Her eyes widened as his blade came hurtling towards her from the dust, thrown at her like a javelin.

"That won't work either," she soon composed herself. Using another defensive circle to block the oncoming weapon.

You sure?

"Eh?" But once the "sword" made contact with her circle, she was stunned to find out that it had turned into a pebble out of nowhere.

And before she knew it, Takauji had Mana Stepped towards her with his actual blade pointed right at her throat, an impassive look on his face.

Defensive circles can't be casted without any delay unless you're a top-tier caster. You seem to still need a few seconds in between uses.

It was now that she remembered that he was able to mask inanimate objects with his illusions, but she hadn't expected him to have already progressed to the level where he can make something as small as a pebble appear like his Katana.

"That was a little cheap don't you think?" She said with a wry smile.

"One of the books I read said that a good Darkness Magician needs to be a good con-man as well. And I obviously can't contend with you in a contest of brute force."

He was not a Knight, he was a Magician. And Magicians have always been tricksters.

"You have a point but," she grabbed the blade with her hand. Squeezing it tightly and not shedding so much as a drop of blood. "Brute force has its uses as well."

"I suppose that is true," Takauji lowered his blade.

"But you did in fact win," Akeno said with a smile. "Good work."

Out of the blue, Takauji's face seemed to contort. Noticing something interacting with his Mana.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"It looks like I have some business to attend to, I'll be back soon." It was a summon request from Issei.

━━━━━

Those of you with good memory probably already know what the summon is about.

Just as disclaimer for this point onwards in the story, it'll start to become clearer why I put the "villain" tag there so keep that in mind.

TFTC.

Just as disclaimer for this point onwards in the story, it'll start to become clearer why I put the "villain" tag there so keep that in mind.
With a MC that's pragmatic. He is bound to make morally dubious decisions in order to advance in the world. I like to see him currently like a Magus from typemoon.

Takauji is someone who's not a complete monster but he's very selfish and owns that, he isn't the type to kick puppies for the lols he'll just always put Number 1 first. Also him being a trickster fighter is in character for him.

TFTC.

With a MC that's pragmatic. He is bound to make morally dubious decisions in order to advance in the world. I like to see him currently like a Magus from typemoon.

so Magus on in general thinking
(now think about it again MC would fit quite well in the Fate/Type-Moon series with his way of thinking)

Chapter 12: A Dash Of Trickery New

━━━━━

"Well? What's the situation?" Takauji appeared in front of Issei through a spherical construct of light. Folding his arms together as he hoped he had been summoned for good reason.

Issei didn't give a verbal answer, holding Asia closer to him as he pointed behind Takauji.

"Who's this?" The Magician wondered.

He was met with the figure of a tall, mature woman with intense mauve colored pupils just like Akeno. And long, spiky black hair that reached her thighs.

A pair of large onyx-colored feathery wings sprouted from her back, filled with feathers that radiated the sharpness of a Damascus Knife.

Her clothing consisted of dark, strap-like leather objects that covered only certain sections of her body. Leaving a fair amount of her skin exposed.

It was pretty skimpy all things considered.

"You called me here to meet an Exhibitionist? I know the contract doesn't specify what you can and can't request to summon me for, but try to use some common sense Issei-kun." He facepalmed, wondering if the conditions warranted a punch to his summoner's face.

"That's not it," Issei said. His face filled with a combination of fear and wrath. "She's a Fallen Angel, the one who killed me originally."

"Oh? A Fallen Angel you say?" The corner of his mouth curled upwards, staring at the figure with intent that she had misinterpreted.

"Ugh, I feel molested just by your eyes alone. I almost don't want to kill you just to avoid having to touch you," the Magician's demeanor remained unperturbed.

So this is a Fallen Angel?

He continued to observe her in silence, the smile on his face soon dissipating as he started to get a read on her.

Such a weak presence. Let's hope she isn't the strongest of the bunch.

"So, Fallen Angel. You seem to have some business with Issei-kun over here," his tone remained peculiarly placid as always.

"First of all, it's Raynare-sama to you, filthy human. And secondly, I'm here to retrieve my property." She looked at Asia, causing the nun to flinch.

"I won't allow it," Issei declared. Summoning a small red gauntlet on his hand.

"Oh you can't be serious," Raynare shook her head. "Do you honestly think you can accomplish anything with that piece of junk? Just go run off to your master already, if you want to live that is."

I've never actually seen a Sacred Gear before. But is that what it's really supposed to look like? Pretty underwhelming if you ask me.

"Did you not hear me? I said I wouldn't allow you to take Asia." Issei stood firm, clenching his fist.

"Then you can go ahead and die here, again." She created a spear composed entirely of a pink light-based compound.

Light Magic, the counter to my Darkness Magic. Such a shame that it's in her hands, my instincts aren't even a little wary.

She charged at Issei, exceeding his reaction time by a good amount as aiming right for his heart.

Might as well allow myself a little fun.

(STAB!)

"GUH!" Issei coughed a mouthful of blood, being met with the tip of her spear inserted into his heart. Effectively killing him.

"ISSEI-SAN!" Asia cried out, attempting to run towards him before Raynare grabbed her by the shoulders. Or at least tired too.

"You would seek to get in my way as well? Human." Her spear was intercepted by Takauji's blade, courtesy of him using a half-strength Mana Step to reach her.

"Well, you did stab my contractor's subordinate. So I believe I'm inclined to help," their exchange began.

"Uh-huh. Then you can go ahead and die here alongside him." She started to exchange blows with Takauji, pushing him back as he seemed to struggle to keep up with her blows.

"Oh, you're quite strong, Fallen Angel-san." He said as she continued to gain the upper hand on him.

"Can't say the same for you though, human." Takauji rolled his eyes internally, already having planned his next course of action.

Time for a bit of acting.

"... You… how did you… ?" All of a sudden, Raynare had spotted an opening in Takauji's defense. Taking advantage of the moment to thrust her spear through his neck. Killing the pesky human.

"I warned you," Raynare said with pride. Watching as Takauji fell to the floor with an expression of pure horror, the type you felt in your last moments on face.

"... No!" Asia shouted, only to be silenced by a chop to the neck from Raynare as she flew away with the nun in tow.

And then Takauji got up.

She wants that nun for some purpose, so I doubt she'll die.

As long as that Fallen Angel remains alive, she should be able to conclude that the Gremory's will retaliate in response to "killing us."

A one sided battle would be too easy, so make sure you make your higher ups prepare well.

After all, there's no way to fix my techniques without facing actual battle. Fighting someone as half-assed as you just won't do.

Then again… if she does happen to be their leader which I severely doubt… then I might have just done all this for nothing.

Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Sorry in advance nun just in case you do end up dying. I'll make sure to use your death as fuel for Issei's strength should that come to pass. That way it won't completely be in vain.

"For such a basic illusion to work on her despite possessing my element's weakness, what a joke." There was no hole through his neck, only a semi-deep wound on his shoulder.

He walked over to the passed out Issei, who had fainted from the shock of seeing a spear get driven through his heart.

Which in reality, was a fairly deep wound that had been plunged near his ribcage. However none of his vitals had been hit.

"Then again, I did actually need to get injured in order to cast the illusion on such a feeble opponent. So I suppose I have some work to do as well."

Through a combination of Shamak and an external application of Phantom Blade, he had first warped Raynare's perception of her position and Issei's and himself.

And then made it look like the wound which she did in fact create, had been sent elsewhere. Her overwhelming confidence that she was stronger helped as well.

"Damn he's light, could use some protein if you ask me." He picked Issei up, casting a teleportation circle back to the clubroom.

And now time for some more acting. I might earn an Oscar at this rate.

"... Hey guys, a little help here would be nice." Everyone went bleary eyed the second they saw the state of Issei and Takauji.

"Put him down here," Akeno ushered. Saving the questions for after they had been stabilized.

"We got attacked by one of the Fallen Angels along the way, I think they were planning to finish off Issei-kun just as you said." He looked at his contractor as he started his explanation. "He summoned me and I was able to hold her off for long enough, but as you can see I got nicked as well."

He let himself fall onto the couch, pretending his injury was more serious than it actually was.

"Luckily she didn't manage to get him in his vitals, but I don't know much of the effect the Light Magic will have on him."

"She?" Rias asked as Akeno devoted all her attention to treating Issei, seeing as he was the more injured of the two.

Takauji nodded. "She called herself Raynare, does the name ring a bell?"

"Yeah, that's the one who attacked Issei-kun when I first found him." She dug her nails into her palm, cursing the arrogance of the people who dared act so brazenly in her territory.

"I see," he decided to continue his recounting of events. "Issei used the summon clause in the contract to get my assistance." Now she owed him. "Also, I think I saw the nun girl with the Fallen Angel."

His contractor's eyes rounded. "Did you now?" If not for the fact Issei was both injured and unconscious, her attitude would have differed.

"Vaguely, but who knows, maybe I was just seeing things." He shrugged, breathing a pained groan as he put a pillow behind his head.

"I'll talk to him about it later," Rias looked at Akeno. "How's his condition?"

"Like he said, none of his vitals have been punctured. There was just a fair amount of blood loss which he should recover from," she wiped the sweat from her forehead. "He'll make it."

Rias heaved a deep sigh of relief, finally finding the strength to ease up a little as she planned her next move.

"Good. When do you think he'll wake up?" She asked.

"Probably tomorrow morning, his body should be able to manage itself from here on out." Asia did not in fact have that much time, but they didn't know that.

It was safe to say, her fate was sealed.

"Alright, we'll keep him here for the night to keep watch just in case anything happens." Akeno agreed, approaching Takauji with a distinct scowl on her face.

"To be fair, it wasn't Freed who attacked so-"

"Shut up," she interjected with a harsh tone. "You should have told me that you were being summoned by Issei-kun, but you didn't."

"It's not like I could've predicted what was going on over there before I went," he countered.

"Maybe, but you should have called on one of us once the confrontation began." With Akeno's mood taken into account, there was really no use trying to argue with her.

"I suppose I should have," he forced his voice to sound genuine. "Sorry about that."

"I'll decide whether I forgive you or not later, for now just stay put and let me do what I need to." She didn't bother trying to ease the pain of his treatment, but Takauji's mind was simply too preoccupied with what he was going to next to notice.

We already know where their base is now, so if I really wanted to I could just walt in there and see what's up.

He briefly looked at Issei.

He would probably be pretty enthusiastic to go with, he probably wouldn't complain if I were to take him along.

His mind continued to wander, his interest starting to rise in anticipation of what was to come.

There's no way that "Raynare" could be the leader, which means I should be able to fight someone who can properly make use of the Light element.

"There, you're all healed up."

"Grazie," he thanked her in Italian for some reason. But her power of translation simply interpreted it for her.

"So, how shall we deal with the Fallen Angels?" He asked his contractor. "Now that I've got a better grasp on their abilities, it won't be hard for me to one up them now." Truly an unrivaled level of shamelessness.

"We'll attack them first thing tomorrow, their intentions are clear enough and there's no reason for us not to respond at this point." She looked at Issei's unconscious body. "No reason at all."

Guess everything will work out as I want it to, haha, though I am starting to find even my own actions a little random.

But that's good, random is interesting. I could use some "interesting" right about now. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll run into Freed again. My techniques need some serious fine tuning.

"Hm, well it is better to get rid of them sooner rather than later." He gave her a satisfied nod. "In that case I ought to start preparing, I can't afford to have a poor performance on such a decisive day."

He prepared to return home, with Akeno soon walking up towards him.

"You're staying here Akeno, Issei's condition still needs to be monitored. You've already finished healing Takauji." Priorities, I suppose.

"You heard her," Takauji said with a smile. Eager to continue his pursuit of magical perfection as soon as possible.

━━━━━

Truly shamelessness personified. But will his actions have consequences or not? Perhaps those around him are more perceptive than he thinks, or perhaps everything will go as he wishes.

Word Count: 2062

Takauji just roasting Raynare internally was great.

I hope everything goes as he wishes, there is no way they would even know what actually happened, even Issei saying he got his heart pierced can be because he was so shocked to have a hole in his torso that he couldn't make sure before loosing consciousness.

Honestly, it's nice to see a story where the MC actually does as he wishes instead of becoming Rias' lapdog who will for whatever reason do everything in his power to help her in everything, from her marriage to fighting Kokabiel (instead of using his brain and immediately contacting her brother so he can come to one shot him). Here, they have a contract with clear limits, they aren't friends and he would get rid of his connection to them the moment it becomes actually dangerous, and that feels nice to read.

Last edited:
Notice New
Relax, the story isn't going anywhere nor is it getting dropped/paused.

Uploading on QQ has been kinda hectic, and I'd rather just focus on my main platforms which are webnovel and patreon. (Updates continue as normal on there.)

So if you wanna keep reading I'll drop the links here, but this about it for me on QQ. Cool site and all, just not really my cup of tea.

patreon.com/Accel14

Relax, the story isn't going anywhere nor is it getting dropped/paused.

Uploading on QQ has been kinda hectic, and I'd rather just focus on my main platforms which are webnovel and patreon. (Updates continue as normal on there.)

So if you wanna keep reading I'll drop the links here, but this about it for me on QQ. Cool site and all, just not really my cup of tea.

patreon.com/Accel14
what put you off of QQ if you dont mind me asking?

wh...whats wrong with webnovel?❔😕🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back