• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Mahou Shosu: The Magical Academy

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

This world is governed by different laws than what people believe. There is no such thing as...

Reverent One

Getting sticky.
This world is governed by different laws than what people believe. There is no such thing as natural order.

Everything can be described with magic.

How does the sun that rises above the clouds? How does the moon rest in the sky before running over the horizon before the next morning?

Magic.

That's what we're taught when we're little in families that thrive on magic. The reason for that is belief is key. What you see and what you feel is how well you adjust to the ability to use magic.

Now your next question is probably how magic works, right? It works by saying a prayer.

By giving yourself up to the Soul and the Holy Mother who watches us from above.

"I give myself to you. My heart, mind and soul."

You have to put yourself into it.

"I beckon thee of the other. Grant me your power through hardship, through adversity.

You lay everything out on the line.

"I ask for thine answer to this sacred covenant. Please, hear me!"

Once the prayer is heard, you manifest a familiar called a Soul Aura. However only witches - or rather the preferred to term - magi can manifest them. And you probably guessed from the previous use of the word - but all witches are female.

The reason for that is still clouded in mystery to this day.

We still question it - but what we know for sure is that all matter of man who tried to manifest a Soul Aura met a gruesome end.

Why am I telling you all of this, you ask? Well because you're enrolling into school! ...

Hey, don't give me that look. It's for the greater good! You're entering the Academy for the Holy Mother.

Now tell me a little bit about yourself, for instance, your name?

>Elizabeth Marionette
>Ruth Rothschild
>Miyako Sterswild
>WRITE IN [GIVEN NAME] [LASTNAME]

[X] Ruth Rothschild

We shall be the most pseudo-german witch ever!

[X]Elizabeth Marionette

Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings,
Call my name out and I'll hear you say...
MASTER, MASTER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[X]Ruth Rothschild
GOLEMS!

Tetsurō said:
[x] Elizabeth Marionette
Truth in advertising?

Given we seem to have just given ourselves over body and soul to some... thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to break this tie with a dice roll!

1-3) Ruth
4-6) Elizabeth

LET'S GO!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4277823/

Your name is Elizabeth Marionette? Pretty fitting if I had to say so myself. Now you just summoned your Soul Aura, your companion for life, your familiar for eternity.

Oh oh! I forgot to tell you.

Every living person has an elemental affinity that fits with their nature and personality. Now - usually we can tell by just looking at your familiar but I'm going to ask you some questions anyway.

How were you treated growing up?

>My parents were really loving.
>My parents were never around so I had to fend for myself.
>My parents often abused me.

Did you have any friends?

>Yeah, I had plenty of friends!
>I had a few.
>Just one best friend. That's all I ever needed.
>None...

What do you want to do with your magic?

>Save the world.
>Save myself.
>Hurt others.
>Conquer the world.
>I don't know yet.

>Conquer the world.

We'll show them! We'll show them all!

[X]My parents often abused me.
[X]Just one best friend. That's all I ever needed.
[X]Hurt Others.

>Conquer the world.

>Conquer the world.

>My parents were never around so I had to fend for myself.
>None...
>Save myself.

I love how everyone jumped on abuse with one friend. Its so amusing. So I decided to take a path less traveled, because reasons. :p

>Conquer the world.

>Conquer the world.

What's scarier than a conqueror?

A cheerful conqueror!

>Conquer the world.

[X] loving
[X] just one
[X]I don't know yet.

You fit right in here then. Those abandoned by the world with nothing else to turn to are oftened more attuned to use magic than your typical person. That's why those at White Chimera and the Church will never get it.

Oh oh, right, the two things I just mentioned. The Church is just that - the Church. They have a vendetta against us because we pursue the Truth. The Truth of the world while they prefer to believe their own lies. White Chimera? They're a disgusting group that merges both science and magic to create a 'better world' but in truth, they're muddying the teachings of our ancestors. They're heretics. That's all you need to know, Elizabeth. Now... your journey starts! Good luck~!

------------------------

Bright sun light shines through cracked curtains.

"Agh."

I pull the covers over my face.

I want to sleep some more. Sun, sun go away. Now.

"Master." a soft voice sounds by my ear. "MASTER, wake up! WAKE UPPPPP." that voice grates so much, I pull the pillow up to cover my head. "Nope, not going to work." I press harder to drown out the voice and, as you might have guessed, it didn't work.

A feather covered, leather hand grabs my pillow and jerks it away from me. I pull up from the bed to get a better look at the offender. "Karura!"

pXJzU4z.png

"Yes yes, Master? Did I do anything that would OFFEND you?~" her sing-song tone pisses me off.

"Frankly, you did. I wanted to sleep." I do my best to be stern.

"And I wanted you to wake up. Disagreements, they're something, huh?" she grins from ear to ear - completely pleased with herself. The more she smiles, the more my anger boils. The madder I get, the more I want to shove my foot so far up her- "OH MASTER, another thing. I MADE YOU BREAKFAST."

"Don't care."

"You don't? If you don't eat, you're to dry up and end up looking like a twig..." she puts a hand to her chin, examines me then frowns. "WE'RE TOO LATE. It's already happened. I'm SO sorry!"

"Tch."

I swear, this familiar of mine...

>You're dismissed, Karura. Go do whatever bird things like you do.
>Alright, I'll have that breakfast. I appreciate it! (Feign a smile)
>Why the hell did you wake me up so early for?
>Custom (Write in)

[X]Why the hell did you wake me up so early for?

>Why the hell did you wake me up so early for?

[X] Jeezus... Don't you know that the Lil'sis-type character is supposed to be cute and annoying not just annoying! I demand next time you pester me you be adorable!

"Why the hell did you wake me up so early?" I look toward Karura with a frown. "And if you're going to play little sister, you can at least play it right. Cute and annoying. Not JUST annoying. Next time you do something like this - do it a bit more on the cute side, alright?"

"Cute? I'm already plenty adorable!" she poses the best she can with her bird legs and arms. She flutters her eyes at me. "See? Aren't I a treasure?"

"You're annoying. Not cute. 0 out of 10."

"Y-you're going to make me cryyyyyy."

"Good." I pull myself up from bed. "Help me get dressed, will you?"

"Don't wanna."

"Please?" I don't want to seem needy but I ask anyway.

"You have two arms, two legs, a head and feet. Do it yourself, meanie!" shouldn't this situation be reversed? Isn't SHE the one who wakes me up in the morning so loudly just because she feels like it, the person that -... I'm not going to keep listing this. The point was already made.

"Alright, I'll do it myself."

After a bit of fussing around, I manage to get a good look at myself in the mirror.

OK1nrUk.jpg

Not exactly the embodiment of power and authority but I have to deal with it. It's the appearance I was born with after all. Though I hate the fact that I look a lot like my heathen of a mother and have the eyes of my deadbeat father. I sigh, "Weeee." I swing my staff into the air slowly.

"You seem like you're in a GREAT mood, Master." I see my Soul Aura move herself behind me then proceed to reach around my waist. Her hands feel all the way down to my ribs. There isn't much skin or fat between the surface and my bare bones. "OHHH, you really are a stick. Now you should eat!" a second ago she was calling me a meanie, now she wants me to eat. The border between concern and sadism must be a thin one after all.

"Hhhhgh." just mumble. Don't acknowledge her words.

"MASTER." she's being stubborn about this and my ears are REALLY starting to hurt.

>Fine, I'll eat whatever junk you're going to feed me.
>I'll eat with Agnes (best friend) today, don't bother trying to feed me your devil breakfast.
>I'm a twig, right? Plant. I get what I need from the sunnnn!
>Custom

[X]Fine, I'll eat whatever junk you're going to feed me.

>I'm a twig, right? Plant. I get what I need from the sunnnn!

White Chimera? They're a disgusting group that merges both science and magic to create a 'better world' but in truth, they're muddying the teachings of our ancestors. They're heretics.

Welp, I've heard all I need to know!

[X] Leave the school. Join White Chimera.

[x] I'm a twig, right? Plant. I get what I need from the sunnnn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back