• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Manga Rec Thread

A realization just hit me and I'm posting it here because I can't seem to find if we have a Jujutsu General thread anywhere.

When it first came out, people were joking about Yuji being 'pink naruto', and as of the ending i've heard people talk about Yuji's attempt at 'talk no jutsu' at the very end, but...

Man, JK is like an inversion of Naruto.
Naruto has the endless "you're just like me!" resolution to every villain, the reveal that everybody was lonely at some point.
Jujutsu Kaisen has the infamous "You're right, I am you." scene, where the villain tries to convince the hero that they're not so diffrent, and it results in one of the most hardcore and most terrifying scenes of the whole series.

Even the ending, that wasn't Yuji trying to redeem Sakuna. That was a bold-faced death-threat and one last attempt to offer mercy, from a character who's always hated killing people, but never really been able to avoid it.
And of course, the response is "Are you pitying me, nigga? I'll kill us both out of spite!"

Because curses are an embodiment of malice.

It's the total reverse of what you'd expect if you went in expecting 'pink Naruto', and it's better for it.
Proof that 'subverting expectations' doesn't always have to be dogshit.

Go watch/read Jujutsu Kaisen.

Last edited:
A realization just hit me and I'm posting it here because I can't seem to find if we have a Jujutsu General thread anywhere.

When it first came out, people were joking about Yuji being 'pink naruto', and as of the ending i've heard people talk about Yuji's attempt at 'talk no jutsu' at the very end, but...

Man, JK is like an inversion of Naruto.
Naruto has the endless "you're just like me!" resolution to every villain, the reveal that everybody was lonely at some point.
Jujutsu Kaisen has the infamous "You're right, I am you." scene, where the villain tries to convince the hero that they're not so diffrent, and it results in one of the most hardcore and most terrifying scenes of the whole series.

Even the ending, that wasn't Yuji trying to redeem Sakuna. That was a bold-faced death-threat and one last attempt to offer mercy, from a character who's always hated killing people, but never really been able to avoid it.
And of course, the response is "Are you pitying me, nigga? I'll kill us both out of spite!"

Because curses are an embodiment of malice.

It's the total reverse of what you'd expect if you went in expecting 'pink Naruto', and it's better for it.
Proof that 'subverting expectations' doesn't always have to be dogshit.

Go watch/read Jujutsu Kaisen.

What's funny is also that Sukuna even after death didn't really feel sorry about anything he did

He just realized, maybe he was wasting a good portion of his life being a POS out of spite

So if he can master his reincarnation or choose what he gets reborn as, he might just decide to be both a Japanese Gordon Ramsay and a Yakuza man for the hell of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back