• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Maribel Quest (Redux)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

MARIBEL QUEST

You are Maribel Hearn, a student studying relative psychology at Kyoto...

enthalpy

大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!
MARIBEL QUEST

You are Maribel Hearn, a student studying relative psychology at Kyoto University. You are good friends with Renko, a fellow student studying super-unified physics, and, together, the two of you are (the only) members of the "sealing club." However, despite its description, neither you nor Renko deal with necromancy or spirits in any way. Rather, you spend your free time investigating the possibility of the existence of other worlds.

As long as you can remember, you have had the ability to see boundaries - for example, say, the boundaries between day and night, life and death, or motion and stillness. While it has been useful on occasion, you cannot say that you have truly spent the effort to develop the skill, as it is not something you feel was necessary, especially considering the splitting headaches you get after using it for extended periods of time.

Renko dragged you out this afternoon to some art museum. While the exhibits were interesting, they were not particularly noteworthy. Still, before you go to bed that night, an painting from one of the displays comes into your mind, unbidden. You think of...

[ ] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.
[ ] A sharp, elegant blade which cleaves everything in its path.
[ ] A fiery pheonix, ascending into the heavens, mouth opened in silent rage.
[ ] A gigantic fox with nine tails, face twisted in an angry snarl.
[ ] A set of tangled iron rings, tumbling down a seemingly endless flight of stairs.
[ ] A single white lotus, floating in the middle of a dark, tranquil lake of unknown depth.
[ ] A half-finished canvas, tantalizingly incomplete.

EDIT: Oops. I accidentally some names.

Last edited by a moderator:
[x] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms. [Saigyouji Yuyuko

[X] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.

[X] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.

Tempt to go for Byakuren, but Yuyuko is also great.

Its great to see Maribel quest again.

[x] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.

Its was rather nice to see Maribel living with Byakuren and Mokou, but its only logical to try something different this time.

[X] A fiery pheonix, ascending into the heavens, mouth opened in silent rage.

We were so close last time! We will not fail this time!

Fallenblades643 said:
[X] A fiery pheonix, ascending into the heavens, mouth opened in silent rage.

We were so close last time! We will not fail this time!

We did her last time. Let's do someone else.

[X] A single white lotus, floating in the middle of a dark, tranquil lake of unknown depth.

[X] A single white lotus, floating in the middle of a dark, tranquil lake of unknown depth.

Guess I'll go with this one, I'll miss the old quest.

I am... Not quite sure who is those people... I mean, these...

[ ] A single white lotus, floating in the middle of a dark, tranquil lake of unknown depth.
[ ] A half-finished canvas, tantalizingly incomplete.
No idea.
And I am probably mistaken about idenity of this being.

White Lotus is the theme of one touhou, the blade is a rather famous sword of a pair used by another... Canvas is...

Redon said:
the blade is a rather famous sword of a pair used by another...
Mind giving a name? The only blades I can think of that famously cut through anything is Excalibur (which is a lone blade) and Kusanagi (part of the three regalia of japan, of which neither of the others are blades).

[x] A knife that can will and does kill dream monsters forever

Because fuck you Yukari. xp

LoreOfClarke said:
Mind giving a name? The only blades I can think of that famously cut through anything is Excalibur (which is a lone blade) and Kusanagi (part of the three regalia of japan, of which neither of the others are blades).

Konpaku.

Ardion Prosili said:
[x] A knife that can will and does kill dream monsters forever

Because fuck you Yukari. xp
And then you are Yukari.
Because Maribel totally was Yukari in a first go. Most likely, at least.

LoreOfClarke said:
But the things that that blade are close to none, and so presumably exist. [/arguing even though he's wrong]

Thanks, that should have been obvious but somehow wasn't.

Eh, its what I do.

But note, its not the Softs, its the Hards.

I was really hoping Maribel quest would at least reach the point where Mokou would find Maribel again. It would have been such a lovely and emotional reunion. Anyway~

[X] A black cloud of shining shells and buzzing wings, descending from the sky as farmers howl.

Let's Locust Plague.

Chibi-Reaper said:
[X] A black cloud of shining shells and buzzing wings, descending from the sky as farmers howl.

Let's Locust Plague.

Why hello thar Wriggle.

An ice cube shaped like a 9.

[X] A sharp, elegant blade which cleaves everything in its path.

It seems that the white lotus is winning so far. I'll start writing now, but if there's anyone who hasn't voted yet, don't let that discourage you from voting.

The option regarding the half-finished canvas was the option to resume from where we left off last time.

[x] A fan, swaying with an invisible breeze, surrounded by butterflies and cherry blossoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back