• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Master Quest [Worm]

6 votes on helping in some way, 3 on Jack Spicer

"Hello. You've reached JACK SPICER'S EVIL BOY GENIUS voice mail."

"Jack you ass! Pick up the phone! I know you're in there making more stupid jackbots! I need your help and I need it now!"

I was getting pretty annoyed, but I didn't have the time to argue with him. Who knows how long it would take for him to mobilise.

"This is an emergency! Get anything that can help in healing and meet me outside Winslow." I ended the call not waiting for his answer.
I had to call for an ambulance and the police.

"911 what is your emergency?" No time for bullshit. I turn my power on and put as much need into what I'm saying as I can. I'd rather the operator care about the situation, and I imagine having a job like this makes people uncaring about the callers.
"I'm at Winslow Highschool. A girl was trapped in a locker filled with some sort of filth. She's bleeding and will possibly get an infection, but she's stable. I think it was a murder attempt. Please send an ambulance and the police!" I can't help but be a drama queen sometimes. If this was a murder attempt then it was a poor one, but I had to throw that in just in case. My power should start working right away. Works on the phone, but not for recordings for some reason. It's also as potent as a need for smoking is for a chain smoker. Sure, if you have great willpower you can ignore it completely, but for normal humans such urges are too strong to ignore.

I disconnected and kneeled next to the girl putting her head in my lap. Good thing my clothes are always cheap or I would lament their ruination more. The smell wasn't bad anymore either.

"Emma?" Who? I glanced at her face when I heard her mutterings. Her eyes were open and glued to my fiery red braid. All out of a sudden she started trashing and screaming and clawing at my sking. I reached out to her, as non-threatening as possible.
"Shhh! Shhhh! Calm down. I'm Julia. Not Emma. Julia. It's going to be okay. Help is on the way."
She seemed to calm down. At least enough to get a look at me. I never allowed myself to show anything that would make the situation worse. Soon enough I was holding her in my arms, cleaning her face, her wrists and whispering to her. She was actually kind of handsome.

Just ignore the creepy crawlies everywhere for now.

Soon enough I was talking to the police and watched the girl be taken away.

"So what was that all about?" I heard a voice not too far away. A disembodied voice.

"Hiding under a blanket Jack? And thanks for being late!" I raised my voice. In the end the girl didn't die on me, so supernatural help was unnecessary, but still it would've been nice to have.

"I was fighting for my life! On a tropical island! And I don't have anything to heal with anyway!" I rolled my eyes. Excuses.

"So now what?" Said Jack.

[X] Investigate what happened. Who did what, who saw anything. Who was the victim, who locked her in that locker.
[X] Let Jack do it instead.
[X] Go to Jack's Lair. Maybe he will have something useful.
[X] Go home.

So tired. Being an insomniac sucks, so not much for AN right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Investigate what happened. Who did what, who saw anything. Who was the victim, who locked her in that locker.

Love how we just came to the conclusion that she looks handsome even while she was covered in bugs and other shit guess we really do fall for people easily.

-[X] "Jack could you be on stand by with some bots in case who ever tried to kill that girl tries to jump me? I'm gonna find out who did this."

-[X] "Jack could you be on stand by with some bots in case who ever tried to kill that girl tries to jump me? I'm gonna find out who did this."

4 votes on playing detective with a side of help from Jack. Aww right.

[quote author=rooster]
"So now what?" Said Jack.
[/quote]

"Jack." I turned to face the space he probably was in.

"I'm going to find out what happened. I'm going to find out who did this." I said with as much resolve as I could.

"But what for? You can leave it to the police." His voice rang out from near me.

"I-I don't know. I can't explain it, but when I saw her there I think I felt something. I can't put it into words, but I can only say that I'm responsible for what I tame, and that girl became my rose the moment I held her in my arms." Rant much. I don't know what comes over me sometimes.

He was silent for a while. I could tell that he held something back. "Don't have any idea what you're talking about. I just worry about world conquest."

I sighed. "Littlest Prince? Don't you read? Didn't you go to school?"

"Nope. Tested out of middle school. I wouldn't be much of an Evil Boy Genius if I had to go to school." I could feel his smugness. I bet if I asked him about basic subjects he wouldn't know anything about them. But I have to admit he is a robotics genius. Which reminded me.

"I'm going to interview people around the school. Unless it was work of a psycho there had to be something before this locker thing. While I go about, please stand guard. If you see anything suspicious then do something about it ok? Did you bring chameleon-bot with you?" I asked. I had to make sure I had all of my bases covered.

"So what I'm going to play hero again? No way. And yes I did bring it. Also cheer bots. I figured they were appropriate for high-school."
I saw in the corner of my eye movement and soon enough an average teenager and some cheerleaders with tattoos identical to Jack's and cheerleading uniforms that were gold with black J's and red skirts.

"I'm not asking you to act like a hero, just have my back, while my ass is on the line."

Beat

"I think that came out wrong. Anyway, I'll be going now."

Soon enough I've been talking with anyone that looked like might help me in my search. And I made some interesting discoveries. I found out that the girl's name was Taylor Hebert. The staff was acting like there was some sort of conspiracy going on. Obviously they were trying to be subtle about it, but that kind of fails against a parahuman that can loosen tongues. Sure I didn't get any information, but it was clear they were hiding something. The more popular kids claimed Taylor was a looser, and some worse things among other remarks. From a kid named Greg I got a tip towards Madison Clemens. From Amanda some hate words towards Sophia Hess. Soon enough I had a picture of a trio consisting of Madison, Sophia and a third girl named Emma Barnes. It wasn't long till I saw those three standing together.

Looking like stereotypical american highschool bitches. Kurwa. I approached them.

"Excuse me?" The one I thought was Sophia turned to look at me like she wanted to kill me, while the other two radiated a superiority aura.

"What? Who are you supposed to be? Don't you see we're busy?" Emma. They sure aren't making this easy on me.

"I just transferred to Winslow today, and something like this happenes. I asked almost everyone but nobody told me what this whole thing has been about. You must have heard about it. A girl was locked inside of her locker." I asked, trying to sound like a curious teenager rather than a woman on a mission. And I might have used a bit of my power on them, now they have to talk about the topic at hand. I hope. Unless they have a very strong willpower.

"I'll tell you what this was about. Putting a prey in her place. It was about time someone showed that weakling who's boss." Sophia sneered. Then her phone buzzed and she excused herself.

"Can you believe it? All those hours locked with used tampons? Hilarious." Madison laughed. I never said it was poison dear Madison. Still, maybe they saw the scene, or hear about it. What Sophia said was however the most damning thing I heard all day. It was almost an admission. I managed to ask a couple more questions, but I sensed that they would soon get suspicious of me, but before that happened we were interrupted by sounds of combat.

I couldn't believe it. Jack was in combat with the Wards. His Cheerbots were making a nuisance of themselves, while Chameleon-bot was avoiding blows from Clockblocker. While looking like Clockblocker. And trading witty banter. Cheerbots were in the back shouting "Go evil go!" while fighting the rest of the Wards.

Soon enough Jack was forced to use his Shroud of Shadows to escape with his bots. I could only facepalm.

[X] Investigate on your own further
[X] How? Write in.
[X] Try talking to people at school again. Ask them about the Trio
[X] Visit Taylor in the hospital.
[X] Try to befriend her.

[X] Write in.

Interlude:
[X] Saint
[X] Dragon
[X] Director Piggot

Only the interlute is an exclusive option, the rest can be used all at the same time, or not at all.

[X] By going straight to the source namely Taylor
[X] Try to befriend her.

[X] After getting the full story from Taylor and befriending her, start a vicious rumor campaign against the trio using your powers.
-[X] Does it not strike as odd how they always get away with everything they do they must be trading favors for the teachers.
-[X] Is it not odd how target Taylor so much? It would seem like one of them has a crush on her.
-[X] They are always together? they must be all involved with each other.
-[X] They have diseases.
and so on you get the idea basically make them look like monsters.

[X] Director Piggot

[X] Try to befriend her.

[X] After getting the full story from Taylor and befriending her, start a vicious rumor campaign against the trio using your powers.
-[X] Does it not strike as odd how they always get away with everything they do they must be trading favors for the teachers.
-[X] Is it not odd how target Taylor so much? It would seem like one of them has a crush on her.
-[X] They have diseases.

[X] Director Piggot

A rumor mongering master power is basically hilariously OP at high school drama. I mean in most circumstances we'll find it rather difficult to leverage properly, but it's almost literally made for this.

[X] Try to befriend her.

-[X] They have diseases.

[X] Director Piggot

[X] Try to befriend her.

-[X] They have diseases.

[X] Director Piggot

[X] Try to befriend her.

-[X] They have diseases.

[X] Director Piggot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back