• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Message to my Readers From ScottisI

ScottisI

-Witty Joke-
I have no idea if posting here alerts my readers. If it doesn't then I guess I'm going to have to post an update on each one. That would be annoying.

If it does, I'd like to explain why my updates are going to be a delayed:

I started a posting because I needed some income what I was out of work. The reason I was out of work was that I got hit by a car. No, I wasn't in car accident. There was no car to car contact. The car hit me.

Little woogley. Sorry.

It took a while to recover to full functionality. I'm able to actually do things, like stand for more than 30 seconds, thanks to some pain medication. It's basically industrial Ibprofen and I've been taking it for so long I forget how it feels when I don't have it.

Well, now I remember. My doctor didn't send over a new Rx, so I'm out of my custodial dose of muscle swelling reducer. My days are now hard to focus. I took my new 'as needed' Rx for when things get bad and it has knoecked me for a loop.

Right now, one of my eyes is closed so I can stay upright. It's a trick I came up with when I worked an overnight shift as a security guard. A few times I'd find myself starting to doze off more than just a 'sneeze nap'. You know the head droops then smacks against their chest to wake them up and they look like they just sneezed.

Yeah. As a security guard, my main job was to travel between the main site and the satelite offices on a patrol. 7 of my 8 hour shift was spent behind the wheel on my patrol. Working security sucks.

Around 1 or 2 am I'd feel myself drifting heavy. I'd be another 30 minutes on the Interstate to get to my next site. So, I roll down my window and close one eye to keep myself awake. I don't know if it was that or the rumble strips that kept me awake.

There is like no filter for now. Does this make sense? I hope it does.

TLDR:
I got hit by a car & am in constant pain without Medicine X. Medicine X is currently missing and I had to use Medicine Y which is a fancy way of saying muscle relaxer. Medicine Y makes my brain feel loops and I want to take naps. I'm having to take those.

F*nk this is hard. I'm going to stop now. Goodnight

Oof. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Also, fun fact that may be handy. Tonic water contains quinine, quinine is a muscle relaxer. If you throw some in a glass (around a shot's worth) with some carbonated/sparkling water (the rest of the glass) and add a generous amount of Mio (not the lemonade, for the love of everything right and good, NOT the lemonade flavor) is actually tolerable. More can be used if it's still giving you trouble, but tonight will leave you feeling weak (again, muscle relaxer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back