• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Mod banners not displaying on mobile.

Blundo

Versed in the lewd.
Mod threadbanners (of the variety that display above the posting box) don't seem to display on mobile. At the very least, they don't display on my Chrome and one other user's Firefox.

Discovered this when I got a notification for not complying with a banner I had no idea existed — not a big deal or a situation where an infraction would happen, but potentially problematic in other threads where there are more important mod banners. Could easily envision primarily-mobile posters getting dinged for violating a directive they have no reason to be aware of. Or just mods given pointless extra work dealing with posts which would've otherwise been prevented by a visible banner.

I assume it must be some issue with the mod-banner plugin — have not experienced this issue on other XenForo sites.

Works fine on my mobile

Edit. Ok so based on other responses this is an issue. Just XF1 themes showing their age.

Last edited:
I assume it must be some issue with the mod-banner plugin — have not experienced this issue on other XenForo sites.
What theme are you using?

Could you switch to say Xenforo Default and see if the banner shows up?

What theme are you using?

Could you switch to say Xenforo Default and see if the banner shows up?
Light responsive, which I believe is the site default (I don't think I changed it to this but perhaps I did and forgot, it's been a while).

The banner does show up if I switch to XenForo Default. Just checked the two "dark responsive" themes and it doesn't show up, then "UI.X Mobile" and it does. Seems to be an issue restricted to certain themes, though I don't have time to test all of them right now so I can't say if it's just the "responsive" ones. So far both "works on my machine" responses I've seen have been using a different theme, which hadn't registered with me until you mentioned it, so I think you're onto something here.

Can you link an example so that I may check for myself? I primarily browse from mobile as well and PC relatively infrequently. Scary if true.
https://forum.questionablequesting....y-sue-into-female-primarchs-au.25016/page-978

Was just now browsing on desktop and this thread has a banner (albeit one that just restates something everyone should be doing regardless) that doesn't display on mobile for me — so it's not just an issue in the thread I posted in, mentioned in the OP. Look right over the post drafting box to see if banners are displayed. You should see one saying: "So, it appears that we need this.
If you can not be civil and avoid arguments and insults, then please do not do the SHOCKED PIKACHU face when moderation action happens.
This will be your FIRST, LAST, and ONLY warning going forwards"

If it displays or doesn't for you, I'd be curious what browser and theme you're on.

Can confirm. The banner does not show up on Dark Responsive (Green), Dark Green (Other), Dark Responsive High Contrast and Light Responsive.
Tested on Chrome Android 120.0.6099.231

Thread banner in this thread to make testing easier
Ok just tried on Dark Responsive High Contrast.
on Safari, iPhone 13pro
When holding the phone in the normal orientation the thread banner doesn't display, however as soon as I turn my phone to the side it shows up.

I just put a thread banner on this thread, check if it shows up.
If you can't see it I would suggest finding a different style to view the board in until we make the upgrade to XF2 or get this sorted out.

finding a different style to view the board in until we make the upgrade to XF2
I look forward to using Light Responsive once more, from my flying robot car in the year 2034! (Assuming I am not banned by then for making jokes about the XF2 upgrade process)

Tested the screen orientation change — got the same result as you. Good to see this is all replicable at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back