• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Need a New Laptop

Drak4806

Well worn.
So I need a new laptop since my current one is falling apart and is shitty. I don't plan on doing any gaming but I would like it to be reasonably powerful. The screen should be at least 15 inches. I plan on buying it from amazon.

Honestly my biggest concern is not wanting a lot of bloatware/spyware preinstalled or at the very least be able to easily remove it.

Help please.

So I need a new laptop since my current one is falling apart and is shitty. I don't plan on doing any gaming but I would like it to be reasonably powerful. The screen should be at least 15 inches. I plan on buying it from amazon.

Honestly my biggest concern is not wanting a lot of bloatware/spyware preinstalled or at the very least be able to easily remove it.

Help please.

I don't have any specifics but the general way to accomplish that is to buy the OS you want to use, then do a full format of the hard drive and reinstall the OS fresh.

Do make sure you have the drivers for everything the comp itself needs before you do this, especially the ethernet since that one will allow you to locate the rest from safe mode.

I don't have any specifics but the general way to accomplish that is to buy the OS you want to use, then do a full format of the hard drive and reinstall the OS fresh.

Do make sure you have the drivers for everything the comp itself needs before you do this, especially the ethernet since that one will allow you to locate the rest from safe mode.

Yeah I've got no idea how to do that.

Hahahaha

I'm so fucking computer illiterate.

honestly I wish I knew someone who I could pay to do everything for me.

Help please.
I personally suggest one from,

Sagernotebook.com

You could get something around 899 and it would still have some gaming capability.

So how is Windows 10? Think I should buy a laptop with Windows 8.1?

Anyway I was thinking about this one.

though I've been thinking of buying a 2 in1

So how is Windows 10? Think I should buy a laptop with Windows 8.1?

This is a loaded question.

To me and most tech savvy people, Win 10 is the most foul piece of shit released since the abortion known as Windows Vista was conceived. It is idiot proofed to the point you can barely do anything to it even if you do know what you're doing, making fixing anything that needs to be modified for a better experience a bitch and a half if it is even possible at all.

On the other hand, it technically works just fine(sometimes, my experience it screwed itself out of working but that isn't indicative of the program as a whole) and is very easy to figure out. Have you ever used a smartphone? Congratulations, you now know everything you need to use Win 10. It is literally the exact same interface and in fact I have heard, but haven't bothered to look up to confirm/deny, that it is to be used on the Windows brand smartphone wholesale with no difference between that version and the desktop PC version.

My personal advice would be to snag either Win 7 or 8.1, look up some step by step instructions to prevent it from trying to force/trick you into updating it into Win 10, and just enjoying the proven effectiveness of that OS rather than risking the new experience. The fact that you will be capable of walked through any fixes if needed will be an added bonus.

Honestly all I'm planning on doing with this laptop is use Office and watch internet videos while having 500 tabs open. I've got a desktop for all my gaming needs.

I mean I could learn how to reformat the harddrive and install windows 8.1 if 10 is that shitty. I built my desktop after watching a few videos on how to do it. But software stuff has always confused me.

Honestly all I'm planning on doing with this laptop is use Office and watch internet videos while having 500 tabs open. I've got a desktop for all my gaming needs.

I mean I could learn how to reformat the harddrive and install windows 8.1 if 10 is that shitty. I built my desktop after watching a few videos on how to do it. But software stuff has always confused me.
Honestly given your usage profile, you wont really loose anything with win 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back