• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Of Ice and Men (Young Justice. Icicle Junior SI.)

Location of Team's base.

• Missile Silo in Nebraska

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • Ski Lodge in Colarado

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Lighthouse in Hawaii

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Ranch in Texas

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Summer Camp in Michigin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Junkyard in Washington

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Rundown Hotel in North Carolina

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From Interlude 8

So this would mean the Justice League would have had 13 hours and 12 minutes to notice Wally's message or the situation in Bialya. Or at least they had that long to inform the Belle Reve team about what was happening but did not do so. I think that, seeing Psimon's capabilities in Cameron Glenn, things are going to take a radical turn away from canon in that desert.

I wonder how Waller will feel about all of this once things calm down.

Will Warden Strange escape punishment?

Will she attempt to repay her debt to Artemis or the League on her behalf? I guess Cheshire could get sent there somehow.
I'm so happy you noticed the timestamps. It took me nearly as long to figure out the conversion on the timezone calculator, as it did to write the chapter. Bialya is definitely going to be resolved differently to canon and we shall return next interlude.

She's at least going to think favourably of Young Justice going forward.

We shall find out this morning. I'm just starting on the chapter now.

Waller will not let the debt go unpaid.

Plastic Man: Finish him!
Sub-Zero: Executes Fatality.
*Insert cheesy scream of pain going on for a long while*
Fatality!

Gotta love the classics! I am loving this story, and I am hoping to see where you are taking this ride! :D
I considered having Waller say it with all seriousness but then worried Gleen would do it.

Thank you, We're almost 1/4 of the way through my more detailed notes. So I will strive to not let the ride become a slog.

Well atleast cameron has a leg to stand on
Kicking senior when he's down.

Chapter 18: That Ship Has Hailed
Chapter 18: That Ship Has Hailed
Belle Reve, Louisiana
September 10, 11:06 PM CDT

Waves of anguish slam around inside my skull as tears start to blur my view of Artemis in the pillar of ice. Since I wasn't the one to create it, It doesn't react at all when I try to shape it.

All the effort I put into creating barriers between mine and Cameron's memories shatters with Senior's legs. His out welling of horror mixes with my own feelings of loss and it takes every drop of willpower to not finish the job I started on his father. Closing my eyes as the salt starts to sting, I rest my forehead against the slick block.

"Whatever you're doing," Robin suddenly blurts out with hope. "Don't stop!"

I open my eyes ready to yell at the boy hero for disturbing my grief. But when I do it's to the sight of a miracle.

The suit that I once cursed for hiding such flawless skin, is glowing red as some kind of heating system kicks in. The ice melts faster once the coils reach full heat and soon I'm diving forward to catch her in my arms.

"I got you." No one interrupts as I cradle her coughing body close, ignoring the still heated wires pressed against me. I hope chicks really do dig scars.

"How are you going to spin this one?" Robin elbows Red Arrow, whose jaw is hanging low with disbelief.

Beside the gaping red head, a see through blonde gives me a strange look. "You told me he was a bad guy. Why is he being so nice to her?"

The archer doesn't respond with anything beyond rapid fire blinking and this just makes her worry more. "Did you get stuck again? Do I need to snap you out of it?"

"... Just processing." Roy finally breaks free from his stupor and approaches me slowly.

I know Waller and the heroes fill each other in on the status of the prison. But I pay them no further mind once Artemis starts to shift in my arms.

"Don't worry. I didn't do it." She stops trying to see behind me and finally allows herself to relax.

"I'd say you did." Artemis counters with another cough. "Stopped the whole breakout by yourself."

Noticing Tommy and the others lurking in the doorway, I give a nod of thanks to my best friend. "I had some help."

"And since it looks like the Warden is already reconsidering our deal..." Shade gives me a slight bow. "I shall take my leave before she tries putting another collar on us."

His shadow grows up the wall until it resembles a doorway in a dark hall. "Anyone who still wishes to join me in France, let us be off."

"You sure you don't need me Boss?" Tommy is the last of the crew to step through the portal, giving me a very worried look.

"Just get in touch with Tuppence and I'll be able to find you." Not sure how long it will be until I can though. "And make sure you lay low, I'm not doing this again!" I barely remember to holler before the doorway has faded back into normal shadows.

"Of course..." With chattering teeth, Artemis's whisper gets a whole new round of tears to flow. "Wally missed that."

"But I didn't." Waller's voice is a lot softer than I've ever heard it, as she thanks the girl in my arms.

Knowing this isn't even close to over, I still try to off load as much of the responsibility as I can. "This was an inside job you know." It's the only way so many things could have been arranged.

"I'd start with why the psychiatrist is wearing long johns." Chirps Robin with his eyes narrowed at Hugo.

The man is still cowering behind Waller's desk, giving him no room to escape his boss. When she levels her confiscated cold gun, Doctor Strange sags in defeat.

"I can explain that..." His eyes are already darting around wildly for the perfect lie. "It was just something a few of the inmates suggested."

"So why didn't you say anything?" Snorting at such a feeble defence, Waller throws him in cuffs non too gently. "Wait, don't tell me." The way the words are delivered give me hope that she'll sign off on my transfer. "I want to find out myself, it's more fun that way." To anywhere else.

"He tried getting me to take out a few difficult inmates." Groans Plasticman as his captives strain against him.

The weight in my arms shifts, drawing my gaze back down to Artemis' chattering teeth. "Can you let go of me now? Everyone is staring at us."

She's right I realize, which ends with me failing to hold back a blush as Artemis slowly gets to her feet. Roy sees this and takes the chance to interrogate me.

"Why didn't you go with the rest of them?" It's easy to see the wild ideas already starting to appear in his eyes.

"Wasn't part of the deal." I take the opening and direct my next comment to the Warden. "Though after what Shade said, I'm not so sure I'm still eligible for it."

Hearing that gets Red Arrow's eyes to narrow as thin as cheap paper. "What does that mean?"

"It means he's getting transferred." Admits a scowling Amanda Waller.

She explains the fine details with Young Justice with Artemis frowning at the empty air between her teammates. "Where's Guardian?"

"Not sure." Roy's green eyes reveal his uncertainty more than his flat tone. "Someone got the jump on me after we split up.

"I found him in a utility closet." Adds the ghostly girl with a strangely familiar voice. "He was just muttering Icicle in the dark."

"Needed help coming out of the closet?" The quip is out of my mouth before I can stop myself.

Infinity Island
September 11, 9:28 PM ECT

Shadows darker than pitch black surge out of the floor between Ra's al Ghul and his waiting agent. Chesire's eyes widen behind her mask and er breathing gets heavy as an intensity fills the room. But her master doesn't even twitch.

"You're late." The Demon's Head doesn't yell at Shade, his distaste being conveyed entirely through body language. "I trust you have a good explanation."

Once the shadows have fully formed into the eerie man, he speaks with a far more commanding voice than he used with his fellow inmates. "The breakout was stopped."

"Just like you expected Great One." With reverence in her voice, Cheshire accepts a bundle from the waiting Ubu.

"The boy has some good ideas. Even if he does go about them in a haphazard manner." Ra's is more intrigued than angry and this lets Shade let out a sigh of relief. "Get Cheshire into position and my partner will ensure Sub-Zero gets his wish."

"Is it truly wise to let him run free?" Concerned by how much a single teen has managed to alter his master's plans, Ubu frowns at the immortal. "Would it not be best to end him at the first opportunity?"

This just gets Ra's to shake his head. "The boy adapts quickly. I see no reason to throw away a tool that can still be polished." Not when I may need to unleash him on my current allies. "I only want him watched for now."

"As you command Great One." Not daring a scowl in front of Ra's even with her mask on, Jade Nguyen only gives a deferential bow.

Interlude 10: Hotstuff
Interlude 10: Hotstuff

The Great Desert, Bialya
September 10, 4:03 PM EEST

"Ugh..." Wally groans under the beating sun and shields his eyes with an arm. "What's going on?"

Scanning the nearby area only confuses Kid Flash even more. Who is she? Tracks of some kind head of in three directions, with a fellow redhead waking up herself.

"You wouldn't happen to have any idea where we are, would you?" With his most charming voice, Wally holds out a hand to her with smirk. "I don't think I just got carried away with my sleepwalking again.

"You're human!" The startled yelp only leaves the speedster blinking rapidly as the girl turns her examination on herself. "Why am I a human?"

"Because this is Earth..." Frowning in concern, Wally hopes his new friend doesn't have a severe case of heatstroke.

With a smack to her forehead, the odd girl finally understands. <Hello Megan!>

"No, my name is Wally." He corrects her with a slow drawl.

<You're doing a great job disguising your presence M'comm.> Pride floods into his head as the girl starts to float towards him. <And I can't figure out how you made the sand look like this. How long have you been working on this?>

Once the voice is done speaking in his head, the girl's body ripples outwards. Her skin loses any pigment and stretches as she grows nearly ten feet tall.

<But why are you suddenly so fine with playing pretend with me? You've only laughed at my shows before.> The voice is back along with a glow in the alien's eyes. <Wait a second...> Shock is now blasting through Wally's brain and he's starting to understand the source.

"You aren't M'comm!" Even faster than the revelation was, the albino alien is replaced once more by the awkward girl. "Who are you?"

"Wally. But I did ask you first." Being able to sense the terror in the 'girl' before the mental link was severed, is more than enough to calm Kid Flash down.

With a shaking hand, M'gann introduces herself by pointing up at the red light in the sky. "I'm not from around here."

"Well I'm not either Megan. But you don't look anything like the Martian I know." He gives her an appreciative once over, one accompanied by a wolf whistle. "Not that I'm complaining, you look a heck of a lot better than he does."

"Really?" Relief pours of the Martian in waves, getting Wally to hold out his hand one more time.

"Definitely Babe. I'd bring you home for dinner a hundred times before I gave J'onn one." Smirking at the O her mouth makes, Wally adds the wink he learned from Barry.

Realizing the boy in front of her isn't disgusted and in fact prefers her natural form, is life changing for the lonely M'gann. "You really mean that?"

"If you really doubt me..." Wally offers with a playful shrug. "Why don't I show you around Central after we figure out where we are."

The two end up choosing a set of tracks at random, following them South towards small canyon in the distance. He plies her with tales of his exaggerated heroics, while she shares her own isolated life back on Mars.

"But you're shapeshifters. Why does anyone care what you look like?" It might have startled him at first, though now Wally's curiosity is overriding his hormones.

With his memories scrambled, Wally doesn't know how to make a call on his new belt. Forced to find tools before he can fiddle around with it, the pair are greatly relieved by the setting of the sun.

"Because we can always tell-" Whatever she was about to explain is lost to the boom of an explosion only a few miles ahead of the pair.

A billow of sand rises into the air, followed by a roar of raw fury. Something about the tone is familiar to both teens though and they pick up the pace with unspoken agreement.

"I'm going to guess we'll find our uncles making all that noise." Wally can't think of any other reason he's alone in the desert with a strange girl. "Must be some kind of survival training that went wrong."

"So we just need to find them and everything will make sense!" A now encouraged M'gann cheers.

Stiff backed when she wraps her arms around his neck in relief, Wally tries not to burst out in tense giggles. "Or it will lead us to the bad guys behind everything. But it's the best idea I have right now."

"I don't even have a bad one, so we might as well check it out." Sensing his growing good mood, M'gann dares to joke back with the oddly sweet boy.

He grabs her bridal style and dashes across the still scorching sand, going just slow enough to avoid creating a massive dust trail. The ninety seconds it takes to arrive is more than enough to create a scene of chaos.

A half naked teen who tickles something in the minds of both Wally and M'gann, leaps between the wreckage of some jeeps. Bodies of soldiers are everywhere and the two try not to focus on how many are laying still.

"This really just gives me even more questions." Slack jawed at all the devastation, Wally misses the target of the berserker.

"He's going right for them!" But M'gann doesn't, the sheer terror coming from the digsite makes her act. "We have to do something."

"I'll distract him as long as I can. You get the ladies somewhere safe." Agreeing once he sees the two blondes, Wally dashes off without waiting for a response.

Impressed at how quickly he threw himself into action for complete strangers, M'gann tries not to let him down. Her flight is swift and safe with the distracted savage now chasing a cyclone, allowing her to grab the mother and daughter with her powers.

"Which way is safe?" She brings them all up high enough that M'gann hopes the powerhouse can't leap to and turns her full attention onto the mother.

"You're Miss Martian!" The wide eyed daughter exclaims as M'gann's skin reverts to green. "This is so awesome!"

Confused at being recognized by a stranger, M'gann's mental hold weakens. "You know who I am?"

"Of course she does. Hasn't shut up about you girls since you made your debut back in July." Snorting at the absurdity of such a normal conversation taking place a hundred feet in the air, Helena Sandsmark refuses to let her fears overwhelm her.

Wincing when a boy is sent flying from the cyclone, Cassie starts to struggle against the psychic hold. "Let me down, I can help him!"

"What? But that's crazy!" M'gann's scream draws the attention of the untamed Superboy, who suddenly throws the wreckage of a jeep at the floating trio.

It's enough of a distraction for the suddenly inexperienced Martian to drop Cassie. But to her utter disbelief, the girl controls her fall like a guided missile.

"Be careful!" Helena shouts at her daughter. "Superboy might even be stronger than you!"

How strong is the girl? M'gann doesn't have to wait long as she witnesses the ten year old slam into the wild attacker. And who is Superboy?

Cassie may not have quite as much raw power as the teen. But she's actually able to think through her moves and it makes her natural talent shine through like the sun.

It's not until Kirk lands a powerful backhand that M'gann knows she still needs to act.

A blur of motion later has a panting Wally roll safely to the side with Cassie in his grip, Superboy's landing shaking the speedster right off his feet. Just as he prepares to shield the girl with his body, the savage clone goes limp.

"That was shockingly easy," Admits M'gann with a blush. "Probably should have tried that a while ago."​

9/10 chapter 2hot4me.

It also contains sand. And I hate sand. It corse, rough and it gets everywhere.

We need a cooler chapter with the proud Fresh son of a recent paraplegic.

Cameron should also be louder, colder, and have access to a slushy machine. ​

9/10 chapter 2hot4me.

It also contains sand. And I hate sand. It corse, rough and it gets everywhere.

We need a cooler chapter with the proud Fresh son of a recent paraplegic.

Cameron should also be louder, colder, and have access to a slushy machine. ​
I'm a Canadian. I far prefer the cold and was pretty miserable in both Florida/California.

I'm going to be doing another interlude before I jump back to Glenn. This section was just too big for a single chapter.

How do you feel about an Icecream truck?

Interlude 11: Destination Somewhere
Interlude 11: Destination Somewhere

The Great Desert, Bialya
September 10, 7:41 PM EEST

Grabbing onto the last shared memory between the boys, M'gann takes great care not colour it with her own opinion. Wally really is a good big brother, it's nice to see he isn't always trying to impress somebody.

"Okay." With a shaky voice, M'gann's eyes stop glowing. "That's everything that the three of us know about each other." We need to get home before any of the memories degrade..

Kirk barely had three months to lose. Guilt eats away at her inability to restore more, as Helena drives the only jeep spared from the rampage. I just hope Wally doesn't blame me, he's really taking his new role seriously.

His flirting is back and I don't think I want him to stop this time. After a lifetime of being shunned on Mars, the speedster's very obvious interest is quite welcome.

It's a lot easier for her to read the stray thoughts of Kirk, with all of them being organized very logically. And yet Wally is quite the enigma most times.

Unless he really tries to slow down his thinking, anything I pick up is just a series of mental squeaks. Which makes it impossible to stay linked when he starts to run faster than the Martian eye can follow.

"Does this mean I can finally ask my questions?" Cassie is squirming in her seat with completely frayed patience.

"I just have one of my own first." Frowning down at his lap, it takes all of Kirk's willpower to make eye contact. "Are you a Kryptonian too?" And why am I the only one who can't fly?

Letting out a relieved chuckle, Helena ends up answering that one. "Is that why you came all the way to Bialya to find us? Because I'm sorry to make you waste a trip."

"Someone told us Cassie was my cousin," Admits an envious Superboy. "I should have thought about how many people are super strong. Not let myself get excited over nothing."

"But we can still pretend if you want." The blonde girl insists firmly now that the idea of being a related to a hero is on the table, even holding up her hair in comparison. "Maybe my dad was one. We do have the same hair."

"I doubt it." Snorts a suddenly gloomy Helena.

Rolling her eyes at still being denied half her heritage, Cassie doesn't let that stop her this time. "If you aren't going to tell me who my dad is, I can pick whoever I want."

"So you're just going to say Superman?" Based on how close the actual father was to his reputation, Helena is actually considering just going along with the idea for now. "Because you do know blonde hair is recessive." Better than having to explain the truth of her origin to a ten year old.

"I'm not stupid mom." The pure sass with which she delivers the line, has Wally struggling to hold in his chuckles. "It's not like I can shoot lasers out of my eyes. So I know this is just pretend."

After she's been driving aimlessly for the whole time, Helena is finally able to ask for directions. "Do you want we to go anywhere specific, or just keep driving until we burn through the second tank too?"

"Something is jamming my communicator." Growls Wally as he prods his belt. "I'm not even sure my call got through. What could be blocking League grade tech, all the way out here?"

"We can find out once we get these two somewhere safe." Kirk insists with a sudden swelling of protectiveness. "And since the first spot marked down on my map led us to the Sandsmarks..."

Picking up where he left off, Wally puts the same dots together. "The second one is probably where we should go."

"Hand it here, none of you have been here long enough to be any help." Her hand snatches the map from Kirk at the same time she hits the brake. "The Animal Sanctuary, why do you want to go their?"

"Marie Logan runs it!" Remembering just a little bit more of her life with that nudge, M'gann is starting to think things will turn out alright after all.

"That mean something to one of you?" The archaeologist tosses the map back over her shoulder with frustration rolling off her in waves.

Shrugging a negative, Wally realizes he should probably step up. "Nope. But right now it's a direction without any guns."

"They should have a satellite phone we can use." Sighs Helena as she's forced to switch gas tanks.

"And some food." Wally nods back with renewed energy.

Blinking as another memory returns to him, Kirk reaches into his pocket for the mush that was once an energy bar. "I have this if you want it. Mom told me to make sure to bring snacks when I got anywhere with you."

"Dude!" The gift is snatched, unwrapped, and swallowed in less than a second. "Best. Brother. Ever."

Watching the pair closely, M'gann wonders if that's the best way to return Wally's affection. Uncle J'onn is telling me I need a future if I plan on staying. I do love cooking.

"Hey..." Kirk suddenly realizes something. "Why are you two out here?"

"Queen Beatrice hired me to find the fabled Bana Migdhal." Scowling at how that arrangement soured, Helena sees no reason to abide by her confidentiality clause. "But everything I found just made her madder. If the city was ever real, all the signs say it was somewhere in Egypt."

"If she was holding you hostage, we can use that to get an evac from the Justice League!" Crows Wally as he overlooks the several hours minimum that would take to get approved.

That news just rocks Cassie's world. "Who would it be? Hawkwoman or Black Canary?"

"Hopefully not Wonder Woman." Is the muttered response that only Kirk hears come from Helena. "Anyone but her."

Raising her voice to one everyone can pick up, she tries not to grip the steering wheel with to much anger. "Did anyone ever catch Icicle Junior?"

"Huntress did." Explains Kirk as his eyes begin to make out what looks like a wave of heat. "It's how we ended up recruiting her to the team."

"You have another girl on the team now? Can I try out too?" The Sandsmark daughter pleads.

The glare Helena gives Wally makes him reconsider his words at the last second. "... Give us a call when you get a little bit older."

"I think this is the place." Kirk can now make out the wave as a herd of some kind of herd beast.

"Those things are coming right at us." Gulps the speedster as he calculates the path in his head.

Instead of scaring the animals like Kirk was about to do, M'gann just lifts the jeep with her mind. Better than risking one of them getting hurt. I don't want Marie to hate me before I even get a chance to say hello.

Last edited:
I think that Speedy is going to get his recently bruised heart stomped on when he sees the casual bonds between Kirk, Wally, and Megan. Sure Speedy has a ghost buddy now, but his recent issues had to have frustrated his teammates.

Let's read up on Bana-Mighdall!

Another Artemis, terrific, not confusing at all. And one who could cause a lot of trouble after she dies, potentially causing lots of plots to go sideways depending on which afterlife(s) she meddles with. I don't think anyone will stumble into Bana-Mighdall soon, but I reckon this is a hint that someone from that city will disrupt something in Man's World in the near future.

herd

Smart M'gann.

Every time I read M'comm I think "That's what they call M'gann's Communication Airwaves™ right?"
Thank you, fixed.

It always bothered me in the show how they are coming to say hi and then just fight a herd of her animals. Superboy almost ends up killing one of the animals in canon.

I'm just glad II don't have to try spelling his evil name.

How to villain
inherit big ass company and be set for life like a Luthor
or
Sell your soul to a company to walk around with their name
-enjoy money-
Get more famous than company you sell rights to and influence the character/games.

I think that Speedy is going to get his recently bruised heart stomped on when he sees the casual bonds between Kirk, Wally, and Megan. Sure Speedy has a ghost buddy now, but his recent issues had to have frustrated his teammates.

Let's read up on Bana-Mighdall!

Another Artemis, terrific, not confusing at all. And one who could cause a lot of trouble after she dies, potentially causing lots of plots to go sideways depending on which afterlife(s) she meddles with. I don't think anyone will stumble into Bana-Mighdall soon, but I reckon this is a hint that someone from that city will disrupt something in Man's World in the near future.
Very good observation. And he's been spending a lot of time obsessed with his hunt at the base, while everyone else has paired off for school.

I think DC has 4 Artemis in total. And it's really not a common name, so I don't really get it like I do all the marks/johns/marthas/marys. I did love the Jason Todd/Artemis/Bizarro run though.

It could just be some world building, but if it's a hint of upcoming plot, it's not coming into play until after Starro. I hate that season 2 isn't season 7/a spin off, so I need to start adding some mysteries to uncover in the 5 year gap.

Last edited:
Chapter 19: Do You Chilly Want to Hurt Me
Chapter 19: Do You Chilly Want to Hurt Me
Belle Reve, Louisiana
September 11, 7:06 PM CDT

Waller paces back and forth with a familiar fierceness, as she questions Plasticman's involvement before the emergency tribunal.

"The Justice League was aware someone high up in the staff was making things happen." The former crook and soon to be actor exaggerates his shrug. "I couldn't tell anyone it was me until I had a proper lead. Good thing Makhent was serious about his remorse, his crew is the only reason you didn't lose everyone last night."

"And yet he's the reason Belle Reve had it's first successful breakout." The head of the board speaks over Waller, glaring daggers laced with shit at me.

"Objection!" My slam of the table gets all eyes turned towards me and I ignore the scowls from Cobblepot's hastily assembled legal team. "I didn't break anyone out your honour. I made a conditional deal for their release, based on some very extreme circumstances."

Artemis mutters beside a silently giggling Robin. "Ones you knew about for months."

"You do know I'm not a judge and this is just an informal hearing to approve exactly that." The man reminds me with an annoyed roll of his eyes. "Please stop interrupting Cameron. Your testimony is not required, only your presence."

"It's going to be a big hit to our reputation regardless." The grey haired woman on the board brings up a valid point. "Even if she worked with Cameron to restore order, I cannot recommend we leave her in charge."

Unless I want a vengeful Amanda watching me for the rest of my life, I should probably say something here. "I know I'm not supposed to talk and everything. But when I said I made her accept my deal..."

Waller's eyes snap open wide enough that I know she's aware of my intention. "... That was just me trying to sound tough. She's the one who offered when my crew just wanted to hole up in the infirmary until it was over."

Plasticman is trying to hide a grin as the only other person who knows the falsity of my claim. Good thing all eyes are on me and Waller right now.

"That admittedly changes things." The grey haired woman concedes.

"And before I forget. Crazy Quilt was not the one behind Vegas, he was just a patsy." I saw him during the breakout and it's obvious he's not cut out for this place. "I wasn't trying to hurt anyone that day. I was trying to show everyone I really did want to change with something beautiful."

"Paul just didn't know my whole plan and got carried away when he got the other gangs involved. His cut was just supposed to be everything I'd been grabbing from the ATMs." I hear Artemis let out a very relieved sigh at that admission.

The magical girl I heard them call Hex a few times, agrees with something Secret whispered. "That was the one oddity this summer. Nothing else he did gave anyone more than a slight case of frostbite."

"Look, I know you can't send me to Jouvie now that I'm emancipated. But I don't mind getting sent back to Arkham until you figure something out." Heck, you should be learning from the idiocy of Belle Reve. "Honestly having everyone in one spot is just stupid. If you used all those missile silos scattered around as solitary cells..."

"We'd only have to worry about a single inmate." Waller stops her pacing and her lips sort of quirk into what I would call a smile on anyone else. "That's not a bad idea at all. At least for anyone dangerous enough to get sent here."

The head of the board warns his Warden of what that would mean. "It would also put you out a job."

"I already have a better offer." Now it's a grin visible by everyone as Waller removes her badge and lays it before her boss.

The ground shakes in an incredible sense of dramatic irony and everyone starts to panic. While a quick glance out the window reveals nothing obvious as a cause.

"I'm going to guess this is tied in to the natural disasters keeping the League tied up?" Red Arrow turns to the eventually found Guardian.

"Most likely." The gold and blue armoured hero agrees with a grimace. "It's why they called us in to handle the breakout."

"And they started as soon as the League responded to..." Artemis barely manages to stop herself in time. "That kidnapping in Bialya."

As he taps at his earpiece to end a call with someone, Guardian ends up agreeing with her. "The wave heading for Australia is tying up far too many Leaguers. So I really hope one of you has an idea on how to stop Yellowstone from wiping us out."

"That's our orders!" A panicking Hex turns to Robin in desperation.

"The League found out the hurricane smashing Britain was being controlled by Red Tornado and his kidnapper." Guardian clarifies the mission for the teens. "We just need to find and stop the model behind this."

"How much time do we have?" Amanda cuts in with a deadly serious tone.

After running a few quick calculations on his wrist computer, Robin responds grimly. "Maybe forty five minutes and it's game over for most of America. And we're going to lose a few states if it takes longer than thirty."

Artemis slowly turns to Red Arrow, making eye contact as they seem to be arguing with only facial expressions. He nearly vibrates with frustration as she insists on something.

Eventually he relents and lets her approach the people about to decide my fate. Waller keeps throwing me looks that feel like I'm going through airport security and I shift uncomfortably in my seat the entire time. The discussion is heated, if incredibly brief due to the emergency.

When they come to a decision, it's Artemis who makes the offer. "If you help-"

"Alright. I'll give you all the time I can." It's the only reason you'd be asking me anything right now. I don't think I can actually stop it from erupting. "Might even be able to slow it down enough that you can save everyone."

"Don't you want to know what they're offering?" Red Arrow narrows his eyes at me.

"Don't really care right now." This is my best chance at paying back society. "Tell me what the prize is if we win."

Blinking in complete disbelief, Red Arrow finally loses the summer long rage in his voice. "I think that's the first thing ever to come out of your mouth, that I didn't make me want to hit you."​

Chapter 20: Froze And Cons
Chapter 20: Froze And Cons
Yellowstone Park, Wyoming
September 11, 6:23 PM MDT

"You sure you can do this?" Huntress as I'm trying to think of her in the field whispers so Red Arrow doesn't go off again. Get to see the inside of that invisible plane though and it's even cooler than I first thought.

"You should probably get Blue Beetle to work on pep talks next time you train. That was terrible." I know that once I do this, no one is ever going to think of me as just a small timer again. Neither the Shadows or the League will let me just walk away.

"You have a pretty important job Sub-Zero." Guardian is being pretty calm about having me onboard. "She's just performing the standard mission check."

After taking a deep breath to steady myself, I look up with what I hope is a charming grin. "You have the hard part. I'm just making sure you get the time to do it."

"Told you he wasn't so bad." The way Huntress says that to her fellow archer is enough for me to know her past has been discussed.

"I'm sorry I got you shocked." Out of nowhere Secret gives me a very guilt ridden apology. "Roy...d Arrow told me you hurt even more people than Billy. I didn't know you felt bad about it."

Things about my stay at Arkham suddenly make a whole lot more sense. "Was that who teased the guards?"

"Yeah." Her head hangs low.

I really want to be mad. But she just looks so sorry about it and it's making the feat impossible. "That's how you got the that name, right? Those eyes are the team's Secret weapon."

"You aren't upset? Guardian told me that people don't hurt each the people they care about and some of my pranks go too far." I really don't like thinking about why such a young girl needed to be taught that.

"I've been screwing with Roid Arrow all summer. It's only fair that he had you get some payback." That's my peace offering Roy. "Besides. I would have laughed if I wasn't in so much pain at the time."

Guardian gives me a thankful look before launching back into the mission parameters. "Apparently we have reinforcements on the way. The hurricane squad got some very unexpected help and are redeploying."

Speaking for all of us, Robin chirps up with shock. "Who was it?"

"Sub-Zero's friends crossed the English Channel and Toyman managed to take control of Mister Twister." Explains an equally stunned Red Arrow when he glances over at his uncle's screen. "And Cheapjack helped Blue Beetle wipe the last ten thousand commands Red Tornado received. He dropped like a puppet with it's strings cut."

"With the Atlanteans taking care of the tsunami..." Guardian tries to retake control of the debrief.

Only for Robin to jump in again. "The League only needs to split it's focus on the burning Amazon and us!"

"So now we have to take down our robot before the League get here?" I'm happy to hear Red Arrow mad at someone besides me. "Do you have an ETA?"

"... Soon?" Shrugs his uncle.

"Ready to drop?" Red Arrow brings us to a stop over smoke belching cliffs. "Because we've got less than ten minutes before the entire park is a lost cause."

No pressure or anything. "I don't really want to die. So really doesn't matter, does it?" unbuckling myself with as much bluster as I can, I follow Huntress to the ramp.

"Just keep him covered and we'll find the robot!" Is the redhead's last shouted command as the two of us barrel down my ice slide.

The waves of heat pouring from the pit of glowing red is enough to stagger me as we approach. The sheer scope of my task starts to sink in and it's hard to even bring myself to start in the face of such likely failure.

"Sealing it off seems like a bad idea." So let's try this instead.

Trying to relieve the pressure, I direct my azure blast towards on side of the rock. Almost instantly the sudden change in temperature is noticed and tons of rock are sent crumbling down into the magma.

Intermittent blasts at the lake itself whenever I see a spot really start to boil keep me busy. But riding high on actually accomplishing what I set out to do this summer, I refuse to let some hot rocks steal my victory.

"What do the scans say now!" Screaming over the noise of an angry Earth, I hope Artemis can hear me. "Is this doing anything at all?"

The few seconds I have to wait for an answer, feels longer than all of my time at Arkham. "Pressure's not going up anymore!" See dad, I'm not useless. "Keep it up!"

"Wasn't planning on stopping!" Relief fills me when I finally take down the whole left side of the peak, letting the magma spill out in a slightly controlled manner.

The good mood doesn't last long though, suddenly being replaced by the boom of thunder. Before I can even turn my head to check the source, a blinding flash of light is followed by pain.

If I thought the collars hurt, this is agony on a level I didn't actually know was possible. The surge only lasts for a moment. But it throws me a few dozen feet away and leaves me gasping.

"I'm sorry cousin. But I'm not letting you get in the way of our true purpose." The voice who speaks is male and completely unknown to me. "This is the only warning I'm going to give you."

A trio of arrows explode in front of him, as Artemis draws the black man's attention. "You aren't getting one from me!"

I try and help her, only to get yelled at after a single volley of ice shards. "Focus on the thing about to end the world!"

"You better not let him blast me again!" Is my response as I skate away to a hopefully safe distance. "That hurt like hell!"

Ignoring the sounds of combat both nearby and in the distance, I focus all the energy I can summon on the rocks around the geysers instead. They freeze over in just a few seconds only to immediately start steaming again. Perfect.

The sound made when all of that rock explodes upwards is nearly deafening. But it definitely relieved some of that pressure.

No longer rising towards the edge, the magma is actually starting to recede back into the depths. Better not risk it though.

On legs shaking worse than reeds in a wind storm, I send whatever energy I still have at the lake of magma. I don't let any one spot go solid and move the beam around. Almost like I'm stirring some Earth soup.

Artemis screams in pain and I try to do something. But at this point, only faint trails of mist are coming out of my hands.

The shriek cuts off and is replaced by mocking words about how she can watch the world end. And that's enough motivation for me to start throwing literal stones at the man who can control lightning. I really am a genius.

"I warned you." Is all the man says as pain courses through me yet again.

The swirl of shadows that grows above us makes me think it's just my vision going black again. But when a glowing green man emerges, I let myself feel hope.

John Stewart the Green Lantern blocks the lightning with an emerald dome and calls for somebody named Icon to take out the enemy. Another sphere of energy surrounds Artemis shortly after, only this one a soft violet colour.

"Cavalry's here!" Another voice joins the fray and is followed by at least three more people coming out of Shade's portal. "Let's save the damn world!"​

Zero: I want out of the Pyjama Party
Good thing I sleep in the nude. Or is that a bad thing for the world?

At this point just do what the league wants, then cripple yourself if you want a normal life.

Otherwise neither the ligh or the league will leave you alone.
Wait! Roy, Can you bust my legs off please?

The system really does seem to draw that if you get Powers , you must play the game.

Almost like Destiny was involved.
Hmm.

Or at least someone with more power than Psimon.

Well well, it looks like Glenn's well of physics-defying energy finally ran dry. I wonder if that will affect his recovery or if it will make him vulnerable to common ailments. Did any of the spots Glenn blasted turn into funky obsidian or pumice? Some variety makes for a more interesting tourist attraction than blasted rock and craters.

In With This Ring (Grayven Timeline) a Shade interlude indicated that the Shade feels a bit of discomfort when his shadows touch a Lantern's light. This Shade doesn't have the power/control boost WTR's Shade had, so this Shade might have pushed himself a bit with that portal at the end. Hopefully he isn't arrested for being on US soil. I don't like or dislike Shade though, so I don't care if we get confirmation.

Weather Wizard was in Sub-Zero's group, right? I wonder if he gets some credit. He didn't necessarily have his tech after all. I suppose Tommy's main contribution was rallying them when the crisis became apparent. He's a good number two. I admit to idea of him speaking fluent (or even broken) French gives me a silly smile though. I think a break from his sister, where he can learn some worldliness from his fellow villains, will help him.

I wonder if any of Sub-Zero's allies would have any insights into the Nano Fog or the Starrotech when those plot lines show up. It'd be great if one of them had some firsthand knowledge of the healthy starro aliens. It would also be great if Shade through one into the Shadowlands and accidentally caused a Starro army to prosper there :D .

Well well, it looks like Glenn's well of physics-defying energy finally ran dry. I wonder if that will affect his recovery or if it will make him vulnerable to common ailments.

Did any of the spots Glenn blasted turn into funky obsidian or pumice? Some variety makes for a more interesting tourist attraction than blasted rock and craters.

In With This Ring (Grayven Timeline) a Shade interlude indicated that the Shade feels a bit of discomfort when his shadows touch a Lantern's light. This Shade doesn't have the power/control boost WTR's Shade had, so this Shade might have pushed himself a bit with that portal at the end. Hopefully he isn't arrested for being on US soil. I don't like or dislike Shade though, so I don't care if we get confirmation.

Weather Wizard was in Sub-Zero's group, right? I wonder if he gets some credit. He didn't necessarily have his tech after all. I suppose Tommy's main contribution was rallying them when the crisis became apparent. He's a good number two. I admit to idea of him speaking fluent (or even broken) French gives me a silly smile though. I think a break from his sister, where he can learn some worldliness from his fellow villains, will help him.

I wonder if any of Sub-Zero's allies would have any insights into the Nano Fog or the Starrotech when those plot lines show up. It'd be great if one of them had some firsthand knowledge of the healthy starro aliens. It would also be great if Shade through one into the Shadowlands and accidentally caused a Starro army to prosper there :D .
A few days- a week of down time and he'll be alright again.

389909.jpg
OIP.hIf_5doo3nZyCNlRP-OW7wHaFj
examples of the blue variaty of obsidian you get sub glacially. I spent enough time researching the stuff for my ASoIaF fics, I better use it somewhere.

Shade only opened the portal and went... somewhere else.

Weather Wizard and the rest of the crew got knighted and granted amnesty in Great Britain, Spain, France, and any other countries in the path of the Hurricane. What's more low key in France, than a mime? I agree, him and Tuppence would both do well with some time apart and Tommy is the one staying in France (Boss said go to France, so that's where he's going to lay low.).

I was wondering when the Nanofog would get mentioned. I haven't forgotten about it and hope how I implement it is creative. The Starrotech I really can't talk about at all yet.

What our not-so-icyfor now​ man needs is some good ol' bedside attendance by his favourite girl, Huntre-wait why is Cheshire here? Fuck off weirdo!
You're going to be very impressed/frustrated with yourself, when you realize how close this is on all accounts, while not actually being right on any of them.

Interlude 12: Butting Heads
Interlude 12: Butting Heads

The Great Desert, Bialya
September 11, 6:46 AM EEST

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Kirk descends the stairs of the Logan's home. He gives a mumbled good morning to his brother, whose already stuffing his face with a stack of pancakes.

"You manage to get a hold of anyone?" He smirks at the sight of M'gann already pestering Marie with questions and snags a few of the rapidly disappearing cakes. "And wait until you swallow please."

A pair of rolling green eyes is his response. But Kirk ends op getting actual words from the very eager Garfield, who brings him his own plate. "The satellite phone hasn't been working for almost a week now. Mom thinks the queen is up to something bad because of all the drones."

"I checked the local news and it looks like the League has it's hands full right now." Finally Wally is able to speak. "Weather all over the world is going haywire."

"What's the plan Wally?" M'gann doesn't hesitate to place his brother in charge, with Kirk himself not having any reason to argue.

It takes a moment for the weight of the words to sink in. But when it does, the speedster doesn't back down. "Well now that I know where we are. I can always just run out of range of the jammer and call for an evac."

"What about Queen Beatrice?" Cassie growls at the idea of her idols running away. "Kirk said she was hurting someone!"

"And since he's pretty darn stubborn, let's save time and start planning the rescue." Agrees Wally with a wink directed at the blonde powerhouse.

"I get to help?" Murmurs a shocked Cassie.

Not needing to see her mother's glare, Wally corrects the assumption right away. "You have the most important part. You need bury the jeep and cover the last few miles of tracks."

"How is that the most important part?" Garfield blurts out and makes his own mother sigh.

"Because you really don't want armed soldiers following us here once we leave." Explains a scowling Martian.

"Again. Thanks for not turning us away last night." Helena speaks for everyone.

The host Marie Logan shakes her own flowing hair the very same way that M'gann does, making Wally hold in a grin when he sees it. "Garfield would have kicked up a fuss if I tried."

"Of course I would have!" Her son agrees with sternly crossed arms.

"So we head back and check it out together. No running off solo this time." Wally is suddenly starting to realize exactly why Roy is always so stressed out lately.

"... Sorry." Unable to deny the words, Kirk hangs his head low.

"I'm not blaming you, just saying we need to be more careful this time." Uncle Barry is going to be really mad if start a war.

It takes almost an hour for the trio to get ready and say goodbye to the Sandsmarks and Logans. But once M'gann floats them a few miles away, they start making good time across the desert.

The Great Desert, Bialya
September 11, 11:57 AM EEST

"I could check it out and make sure it's safe before you two rush in." Offers M'gann as the trio observe the camp from atop the nearby dune.

"I don't really want to go through this all over again." Kirk grunts back and rubs the back of his head in annoyance.

Deciding his brother is probably right, Wally ends up shooting down the suggestion. "Going in stealthy already failed. We're going in hard, fast, and with a high likelihood for something to go wrong."

"So just another one of Roy's standard plans?" Smirks his fellow redhead.

"You two go straight for the big tent and I'll meet you once I drop those goons." Pointing at the ten or so armed men wandering the camp, Wally struggles with his growing nerves. We really shouldn't be here.

"Should I link Kirk in this time?" A concerned M'gann shifts her features so that she doesn't look like an exact copy of Marie Logan's younger self. "If we all get hit at the same time again..."

With shame pouring off of him, Kirk can only sigh. "Better not. I'd probably turn you both into paste before you even woke up."

"Yeah..." Wide eyed at that image, Wally holds in a shudder. "let's avoid that, shall we?" With no further disagreement, he gives the command to begin. "Start running the second I hit the first guy."

Once the others nod in understanding, Sonic dashes away with a trail of sand rising into the air. As instructed, Kirk starts his own charge when he hears fist meet face. "Now!"

He launches through the air, creating an impact indent right in front of the command tent. His own plume of sand covers M'gann's approach.

To her horror though, she finds Kirk slack jawed and drooling. The intrigued and incredibly pale face gives her his full attention, letting her teammate collapse in a boneless heap.

<Wally! I found the source and he already took out Kirk.> The warning is automatic, as are her mental defences.

Prepared for the attack this time, the unknown psychic is unable to shatter her mind in moments. Despite his every attempt, M'gann is able to bring the fight to a mental construct of the area.

<I wasn't expecting anyone else to be with the clone. I must admit, it's impressive how fast you children learn.> The man's psychic voice is almost deafening.

Not a single one of Psimon's probes are overwhelming by itself, but he has far more practice at this form of combat. His attacks come faster and faster, with each of M'gann's blocks just a little bit slower.

<I'm twice your age!> She tries to rally herself, only to find her mental projection thrown towards the horizon.

<But I have twice the skill.> Mocks her foe.

He's too strong for me... Thinks too fast for me to do anything. Doubt enters her mind and M'gann can feel her shields cracking.

<Stop thinking about what you look like and think harder about kicking his ass!> Wally's voice slips through and she reaches out desperately.

<It doesn't work like that. The transformation isn't something I have to keep thinking about.> Trying to explain only splits her focus and lets Psimon's strikes get even closer. <I don't know what to do!>

<Think faster!> The speedster mentally barks back and inspires an idea.

<...That might just work. But I'm going to need you to open your mind completely.> She's about to explain why, only for Wally to already be doing so.

<Anything for you babe.> As her mind starts going faster, M'gann can feel the truth of the statement. <Just maybe try not to look too deep while we're doing this.> Flashes of his more private fantasies will definitely have her blushing for the rest of the day.

Knowing he really isn't disgusted by her true form is enlightening. He's really just curious about my anatomy.

<Of course I am.> Wally snorts and M'gann realizes Psimon's latest attack has barely moved at all. <Now how about you wrap this up and put my brother back together again. I'm worried he's going to get brain damage if this keeps happening to him.>

<Now I know why Sub-Zero was so scared of me, Psimon.> Sending out a barrage of her own psychic darts, M'gann finally stops holding herself back. <Let me show you!>

As she tear apart the albino's psyche, the name of the ice user brings a few fleeting images to Psimon's mind. They appear so fast, M'gann doesn't have time to sift through them all.

Before they are all shredded into less than figments, it's all M'gann can do to grab a single one. Who's Klarion and why did Psimon need his help lighting a Match?

Last edited:
Who's Klarion and why did Psimon need his help lighting a Match?
Psimon: oh, fuck a duck, KLARION!
*POP*
Klarion: sup?
Psimon: i may have fumbled a bit
Klarion: *looks at a brain+soul dead icicle Jr. On the floor* you don't say
Psimon: okay, maybe a bit more than a bit. But i got a LOT of money for doing this, could you help me fish his psyche back from the immaterium?
Klarion: no-... you know what, sure *grabs for a soul at random*
Psimon: thanks-.... why are his memories different!?
Klarion: not my problem, have fun!
Psimon:.... fffffFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

*POP*
Psimon: okay, maybe a bit more than a bit. But i got a LOT of money for doing this, could you help me fish his psyche back from the immaterium?
The funny part is that I can see this interaction happening in a Young Justice Abridged! Take on this episode. :p

Because he's a pussy who holds his pussy to ward off the cold.

Scaredy cat.
Now I'm just picturing cave man Klarion and Teekl

*POP*
Klarion really would do it just to screw with tsomeone.

The funny part is that I can see this interaction happening in a Young Justice Abridged! Take on this episode. :p
Did someone finally make one?

Fixing now. Well added a comma instead of and.

Redhood and the Outlaws volume 2 in the new 52. Vol 1 nearly ruins Starfire though so I highly recommend skipping it.

Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016—2018) | DC Database | Fandom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back