• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Of Ice and Men (Young Justice. Icicle Junior SI.)

Location of Team's base.

• Missile Silo in Nebraska

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • Ski Lodge in Colarado

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Lighthouse in Hawaii

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Ranch in Texas

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Summer Camp in Michigin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Junkyard in Washington

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Rundown Hotel in North Carolina

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chapter 21: Home Sleet Home
Chapter 21: Home Sleet Home
Hall of Justice, Washington, D.C.
September 11, 11:44 PM EDT

Once the heroes took down Black Lightning, Blue Beetle and Batman did a field examination on the unconscious man. When it was discovered why he was working to end the world, I tried not to breakdown over why he was calling me cousin. But if I combine the words with Senior's, it makes a disturbing amount of sense.

Almost half of his bones had been replaced by a conductive metal, with most organs likewise artificial. Needing to know for sure, I let Blue Beetle know where he and Red Arrow could dig up some more evidence. If Artemis trusts him, guess I can give it try.

"The surgeons would have discovered if you had the same implants." Artemis tries to ease me jittery nerves with a soothing voice.

"Dude. You helped save the world, I don't care if you are a cyborg." Relieved that I'm not actually a monster, Robin slaps me on the back as we wait for the rest of his team to arrive.

"But he's not!" Hisses Artemis, her eyes narrowing into slits.

That's really not what's bothering me. It's the idea of my mother's death not being an accident at all. I really should have finished Icicle off when I had the chance.

"Are you sure your mom's going to be fine with you bringing him home?" The magician I know is really named Zatanna, mutters from her own couch across from us. "My dad always warned me to be careful around bad boys." Hex's tone is light and I know she's only teasing when she playfully kicks at Artemis' feet.

"She better. I'm the one who paid for the place." My snarky comment gets a groan from the girl beside me.

"Don't think that means you get any special treatment. We're splitting the chores as long as Mom can put up with you."

Glad to be running on only fumes, I turn to Artemis with a smirk. "But I'm supposed to be resting. You heard what Batman said." If I push myself too much, my powers might never come back at full strength.

As Young Justice devolves into playful banter, I let my mind drift. Red Tornado and his 'sister' Inferno are free of hostile control. Though wiping her most recent commands, seems to have left her with the belief she's someone called Firebrand. Shame the Atlanteans destroyed Torpedo before anyone let them know about the alternative.

I barely notice when the three from Bialya arrive, each one with a matching mentor. An excited Artemis says something about being right back and goes to check out the sentient machine.

"Jefferson's mind got wiped too?" Grunts Wally as he gets brought up to speed.

"I'm starting to understand why Glenn was so scared of you." Admits Superboy. It was child's play for Psimon to turn me into an animal."

"Megan wouldn't do that!" Defends the speedster in civilian clothes, his arm going around his fellow redhead's shoulder protectively. "You should know that after she put you back together. Twice might I remind you."

"If she's stronger than the guy who did that to us..." The clone of Superman shrugs awkwardly and lets everyone reach whatever conclusion they want.

Before anyone can really start to worry, I hear Megan speak up anxiously. "I promise that I'm never going change someone's memories after this. I'm still not sure I put all of them back."

See! I told them how easy it was to replace someone with a nearly identical copy.

"So radio mode and scanning memories only?" A very relieved Superboy clarifies.

"It's safer that way." She agrees with a heavy sigh. "For Everyone."

"Did you say Psimon?" Did he try doing the same thing to them? "Creepy guy with a brain you can't stop staring at?"

Nodding slowly, Wally frowns at me for interrupting. "Yeah, that's the dude." His confusion grows into a frown. "Why are you here and does Red Arrow know?"

"He helped save the world," Explains the Flash, which the others all agree with. "Huntress was able to convince the board of directors to clear his record in exchange. You know, if we survived."

"And since we did, I'm done with all this bullshit. You can save the world next time." The bluntness gets a frown from Superman. "I've got some campuses to tour before the spring semester starts. Turns out having Bruce Wayne's recommendation can get you into pretty much any school you want."

"Sounds handy." A smirk flashes on Robin's face and it's really hard not to wink back.

Gotham City, New Jersey
September 12, 3:09 AM EDT

On the walk through her new neighborhood, I'm very relieved to find not a single obvious gang sign. Blue Beetle and Red Arrow returned with damning news. My mother was another cyborg, only powered by cryogenic energy instead.

As we near her new townhouse, Artemis grabs my hand "Can we talk?" She gets a cloud of chilly mist when my powers react instinctively.

"Haven't I been doing that all night?" I could barely go three minutes before someone had a new question for me.

"How..." She chews on her lower lip and hesitates. "Are you going to be alright?"

At least that's up to me now. "Eventually. Thanks for stopping me."

She lets out an honest to god giggle. "Thanks for actually listening. Wasn't sure if you remembered how."

"I need to go to Arkham tomorrow and talk to Viktor about the procedure." The parts lasted for seventeen years and Red Inferno was fully functional after fifty. "And I'll need to pay Oswald a visit eventually."

"It's so weird that you're on a first name basis with our dads' rivals." Laughing at the absurdity of it, Artemis still hasn't let go. "And you have a whole team of super villains following your orders."

"I prefer to think of them as my super friends." Sticking my tongue out the corner of my mouth, I make it clear they aren't my minions. "It doesn't have the same connotation that a team does."

Her brow crinkles in understanding as she untangles our fingers to open her front door. "You really do want out."

"That's going to be a problem," Jade is waiting with Paula at the kitchen table.

"Why are you here Jade?" Snarls Artemis, who takes a half step in front of me.

"Because my boss is quite upset with him. Wants Cameron to do a few things, before he considers things square between them." With no mask on this time, I can see Jade's eyes roam body. "Glad to see you put some meat on your bones."

She could have just killed me in my sleep and been done with it. I'm not completely written off yet, so what do they want from me?

"And those things would be?" With only one way to find out, I follow Artemis into the kitchen warily.

"He just wants you to find a few things for him buried in the ice." Shrugs Jade with a good show at feigning disinterest. "Maybe build up a few glaciers while you do. He never said anything that sounded fun, so I didn't really take any notes."

"... That's it?" I was already going to do that.

Jade nods and starts slathering blueberry jam on a fresh piece of toast. "He said you took someone in Superman's weight class off the board. He doesn't care if it cost him a few dregs like Kiteman."

"Now Mom said you promised to take them out for dinner." Smirking at me as she crunches down, Jade makes us wait for her to finish in awkward silence. "You better be taking us somewhere fancy."​

I have the strongest of suspicions that Jade deliberately didn't take notes to keep trollingyanking the SI's chain.

I am also wondering how the hell did Morrow manage to make a robot capable of becoming pregnant ... if that is what happened.

Icicle Sr. really deserves a Martian Manhunter-grade visit to loot his memories and plots. He's not going anywhere after all! :V

I have the strongest of suspicions that Jade deliberately didn't take notes to keep trollingyanking the SI's chain.

I am also wondering how the hell did Morrow manage to make a robot capable of becoming pregnant ... if that is what happened.

Icicle Sr. really deserves a Martian Manhunter-grade visit to loot his memories and plots. He's not going anywhere after all! :V

Morrow had decades to perfect his craft, kind of crazy when you think about it, with that long to work at it anyone anywhere could have been replaced with a robot.

It would surprise me more if he had not figured out a way to make a robot capable of reproduction.

Would be one of the most believable things he would have pulled off so far really, much easier to put some biology in a machine than whatever you need to do to make it a tectonic plate controller.

Or just tossed them out when she saw us holding hands.

She got turned into a cyborg. The mom wasn't a full Red Robot and it's why they are 'cousins'.

Not a bad idea at all.

Morrow had decades to perfect his craft, kind of crazy when you think about it, with that long to work at it anyone anywhere could have been replaced with a robot.

It would surprise me more if he had not figured out a way to make a robot capable of reproduction.

Would be one of the most believable things he would have pulled off so far really, much easier to put some biology in a machine than whatever you need to do to make it a tectonic plate controller.
The secret is out in story and now it just needs proper clarification.

Essentially Mrs MAkhent was turned into a cyborg. Most of her organs got replaced with ice power replacements and they irradiated Cameron in the womb. Black Lightning was the second model and had about half of his bones also replaced. Both had been practice so he could turn himself 99% of the way into a robot.

Maybe I'm just blind, but was Morrow himself captured? Deactivated? Killed? Was he usurped by another robot he made? Did a member of the Light abscond with him while a robot took the blame for that mess?

Was Sphere/Genesphere moved by Queen Bee before Psimon's camp was routed? The first attack was unsuccessful and there was no sign it was recovered on the second try, so… But if it was collected, I wonder if it will bond with anyone. Hopefully not Blue Beetle, you never know how his suit will react.

I do like the twist of Glenn's origins. I'm curious if there is anything else to reveal though, like how normal his soul is (magically) or if his lifespan was altered.

I wonder if the Justice League is going to induct anyone new soon. Plasticman performed well and Guardian had been about as incompetent as canon-Speedy.

Also I have a recommendation for possible events in the future.
The Royal Flush Gang, an uncommon Batman foe who rarely show up in Young Justice fics. Ace commonly has powers, but there's no firm reason to use her as the "in" to that crew/family. Glenn wants to get out of the Cape business, but word might get out of what he did for Victor Freeze. Unusual items could be useful for mercenaries with unknown agendas. They could even be anti-villains! Goodness knows there are enough damn cults in DC who deserve enemies beyond Batman. Or they could train mooks under the table for villains to hire, while jumping between cities for easy cash grabs or to hunt for information. If you what to be really weird, you could say that the five person crew is from that hero and villain swapped antimatter dimension and they came here to do something with their counterparts before they could become heroes.

Another possibility- a civilian friend for Glenn. Clark has Lois and Jimmy Olsen. Could Glenn find someone interested in interviewing a "redeemed villain?" Or they could try to recruit him as a celebrity guest for a one-off episode, only to roast him with jabs. This doesn't have to be an immediate opportunity for him to pounce on, he could agree to it between school semesters. Or he could jump through a bunch of hoops only to get canceled at the last moment, with his old decisions getting shoved in his face all over again.

Bro just cripple yourselft or lose the powers, all the cape shit aint worth them
Or go to space! Surely some artist's interpretation of a penguin-gal is looking for a monkey with a heart of gold. Maybe go to an ocean planet and become a fisherman who helps with the occasional kraken. Got to build up the nest egg while you're young! And this means whenever you do return to Earth, people will be chomping at the bit to compete for your attention, as the best cryokinetics artisan of the era.

Maybe I'm just blind, but was Morrow himself captured? Deactivated? Killed? Was he usurped by another robot he made? Did a member of the Light abscond with him while a robot took the blame for that mess?
Nothing changed enough to stop REd Volcano from killing/deactivating Morrow. Glenn is going to get a proper explanation of what's going on from Ted Kord at the dinner (after he examines everything).

Was Sphere/Genesphere moved by Queen Bee before Psimon's camp was routed? The first attack was unsuccessful and there was no sign it was recovered on the second try, so… But if it was collected, I wonder if it will bond with anyone. Hopefully not Blue Beetle, you never know how his suit will react.
Sphere was recovered, but I honestly don't really have very big plans for Sphere right now and didn't know how to change the scene enough for it to be worth showing.

I do like the twist of Glenn's origins. I'm curious if there is anything else to reveal though, like how normal his soul is (magically) or if his lifespan was altered.
This was definitly only 1 part of the Body/Mind/Soul answer to his creation. Klarion and Psimon are tied into the other parts.

I wonder if the Justice League is going to induct anyone new soon. Plasticman performed well and Guardian had been about as incompetent as canon-Speedy.
Plasticman decided he prefered acting and will get a ride to Hollywood with Glenn. Icon, Guy Gardner, Blue Devil, Atom, and 2 heroes not recruited in canon during season 1 (so I won't share names until they get featured) now make up the covert Justice League International team. Rocket got invited to the team, but wasn't needed to stay at the Hall of Justice while she thought it over.

Also I have a recommendation for possible events in the future.
The Royal Flush Gang, an uncommon Batman foe who rarely show up in Young Justice fics. Ace commonly has powers, but there's no firm reason to use her as the "in" to that crew/family. Glenn wants to get out of the Cape business, but word might get out of what he did for Victor Freeze. Unusual items could be useful for mercenaries with unknown agendas. They could even be anti-villains! Goodness knows there are enough damn cults in DC who deserve enemies beyond Batman. Or they could train mooks under the table for villains to hire, while jumping between cities for easy cash grabs or to hunt for information. If you what to be really weird, you could say that the five person crew is from that hero and villain swapped antimatter dimension and they came here to do something with their counterparts before they could become heroes.
Because of the renegade adopting Ace in WTR, I'm nervous about using her. Same with the 70's era Starfire because of Assimilation. I do love the royal flush gang though and Will use them even if I have to use the Android Ace.

Another possibility- a civilian friend for Glenn. Clark has Lois and Jimmy Olsen. Could Glenn find someone interested in interviewing a "redeemed villain?" Or they could try to recruit him as a celebrity guest for a one-off episode, only to roast him with jabs. This doesn't have to be an immediate opportunity for him to pounce on, he could agree to it between school semesters. Or he could jump through a bunch of hoops only to get canceled at the last moment, with his old decisions getting shoved in his face all over again.
He's going to Midway HQ after dropping Plasticman off. So his PR rep would be a great idea.

Bro just cripple yourselft or lose the powers, all the cape shit aint worth them
But that means giving up his point. Power don't have to mean fighting people. He wants to create with them.

Or go to space! Surely some artist's interpretation of a penguin-gal is looking for a monkey with a heart of gold. Maybe go to an ocean planet and become a fisherman who helps with the occasional kraken. Got to build up the nest egg while you're young! And this means whenever you do return to Earth, people will be chomping at the bit to compete for your attention, as the best cryokinetics artisan of the era.
Make Pluto so big it's a planet again!

"Now Mom said you promised to take them out for dinner." Smirking at me as she crunches down, Jade makes us wait for her to finish in awkward silence. "You better be taking us somewhere fancy."
I know this isn't lewd, but my brain can't stop thinking he's taking all three girls on a date lol

But that means giving up his point. Power don't have to mean fighting people. He wants to create with them.
The point is that just by having powers people will fuck with you and expect things out of you.

Is not about want you want , is about the comic logic in the world ready to beat your ass for the narrative.

The point is that just by having powers people will fuck with you and expect things out of you.

Is not about want you want , is about the comic logic in the world ready to beat your ass for the narrative.
Also Ras IS logical, but he's also spiteful enough to make you suffer and ice you if ya end up doing that just so you don't do the One Last Job.

Heck, in most continuities he's honorable enough to let you go, and even give you a tip if you do the job well and he a good sport about it.

Last edited:

People will, this is true. But I'd rather die for my beliefs than just give up on them. Anyone who can work around Glenn's desire to not wear costumes and avoid getting in fights every few days over money/kicks, can probably work with him.

Also Ras IS logical, but he's also spiteful enough to make you suffer and ice you if ya end up doing that just so you don't do the One Last Job.

Heck, in most continuities he's honorable enough to let you go, and even give you a tip if you do the job well and he a good sport about it.
Earth has already been invaded once or twice. It makes sense to not waste time going after someone who wants out but may come in handy in world ending situations (especially when they don't need to be bribed to help out in those cases).

He needs to find out exactly what Sub-Zero wants and if it conflicts with his goals. If Glenn really just wants to make art and increase snowpacks, Ra's will let him.

This was definitly only 1 part of the Body/Mind/Soul answer to his creation. Klarion and Psimon are tied into the other parts.
So, Klarion changed souls of villian and random Austrian painter after which Psimon implanted into him memories of both original Icicle Jr. as well as some random American comics fan from one of parralel Earths. It's explains everything.

Because of the renegade adopting Ace in WTR, I'm nervous about using her. Same with the 70's era Starfire because of Assimilation. I do love the royal flush gang though and Will use them even if I have to use the Android Ace.
Fair, but consider-
Instead of a young Ace you could have an old Ace. Klarion became a big shot in this adaptation, why not make some version of Ace which is markedly different from other series? Or- make four Aces (heart, spade, club, diamond). Perhaps they each have a power like Othala from Worm, able to empower others but not themselves. And damage breaks their buff on others, so they either stack their buffs on one Ace or they apply some durability, forcefield, etc. to each person (one power each).

Also- is Jason Blood going to be one of the JL International inductees? That'd be fun, someone to sword fight with Wonder Woman's skill OR brawl like Hulk. Speaking of Wonder Woman, you COULD pull stuff from the live action DC movies. The disappointments from Young Justice's version of the league would certain explain some questionable choices or mental hoops.

Morrow: My line of sexbots is going to be the greatest in the world!
the early 1900's: You fucking deviant!
Morrow: WELL FUCK ALL OF YALL IMMA BE A VILLAIN INSTEAD THEN!

Chapter 22: At A Loss Thaw Words
Chapter 22: At A Loss Thaw Words
Gotham City, New Jersey
September 12, 10:38 AM EDT

Tapping on the door of the guest room makes me stir, throwing a pillow in the direction of the noise. My brilliant plan does nothing to stop the banging except for make it get louder.

"I saved the world last night!" My whining comes out extra pitiful when I get a look at the red flashing numbers on the nightstand beside the bed. "Why are you waking me up before noon? I earned this."

"You're the one who wanted to know when Blue Beetle had an answer for you." Artemis sounds almost as tired as myself, with a loud yawn punctuating her words. "Well him and Red Arrow are here."

"... Fine. I'll be right down." As soon as I find something to wear.

I thought Paula would have thrown this stuff out for sure. Holding up some of the clothes I got in Vegas, I realize the entire dresser is filled with my stuff. I don't think this is really just a guest room.

When I finally dress and emerge from the bathroom with freshly brushed teeth, it's to find a very flustered Blue Beetle. Paula is desperate to thank him for making sure Artemis was protected and it hits me how much I owe the man myself.

"I insist you come with us tonight." Hearing me enter, Paula looks over her shoulder with a pleading look. "That won't be a problem." Her eyes flash with steely determination. "Will it?"

"As long as Jade doesn't feel like a fifth wheel." My remark gets her to smile in relief.

Groaning at me, Jade turns to examine the suddenly wary Red Arrow. "I guess you'll do. You better clean up nice, I rarely get a chance to dress up."

Great... Just how fancy does she expect this dinner to be?

"What are you talking about? I'm just here to make sure Cameron-" Roy tries to explain, only for Artemis to kick him in the shin mid sentence.

Her arms are crossed over her white and green striped pyjamas."He calls you Red Arrow. The least you can do is call him by the name he chose."

"Fine..." I know he's rolling his eyes, even with them closed tightly in frustration. "I'm just here to find out when Glenn, wants to bring O'Brian to Hollywood."

The archer goes on to explain how Plasticman is ready to go whenever I finish up my business in Gotham. "I still think you're up to something though, so I'm coming with you. At least as far as Midway studios."

"Don't you have a team to look after?" I frown at him volunteering to be my parole officer.

"Two week mandatory vacation. Since they all have classes, I find myself suddenly with nothing to do." Grins the Star City native. "So deal with it."

"I'm a free man. You don't have any power over me Roy." I cross my arms and wait for the chaos.

The vein on his forehead looks about to burst as he slams his hands on the table. "How the hell do you know my name!"

"You do know the bad guys know who most of you are, don't you?" How else do I know, if Psimon didn't give me the information?

"Well I must say, that does sound fun." Jade grins, her eyes darting back and forth between Roy and me.

It looks like Roy's a half second away from snapping, so I try to save Paula's kitchen. "It's not like I told anyone. But it wasn't hard to figure out that Bruce Wayne is Superman, not after I saw Superboy standing a few feet away."

Roy's Rage slowly starts to fade and I hope my words are finally getting through to him. "Well just make sure to give Artemis a list of which secret identities you 'know', so we can see if anyone is in trouble."

The way he seems to be holding in laughter is odd. But I guess that's just how Roy deals with too much tension.

Arkham Asylum, Gotham City
September 12, 2:00 PM EDT

Normally when patients return to Arkham, it's as a repeat offender in cuffs. For me to be returning under my own power and with a smile, is nothing short of astounding to the guards at the gate.

"You want to visit Mister Freeze?" The new guy must not know we shared a room. But he does buzz the door open once I sign in.

Blue Beetle handed me the artificial organs this morning and I can only hope Viktor accepts the Blue Blizzard brand transplant. My mother doesn't need them anymore and they're going to run for at least the entire century.

Apparently Batman is checking for anymore of these 'cousins', that I have. But once they found the almost entirely robotic body of Morrow in his lab, it was clear why he needed prototypes. Practice makes perfect and Morrow barely had a single gram of organic matter left in his body.

I get led back up the familiar stairs and through the halls I'll have nightmares about for years to come. Eventually coming to a stop in front of my old room, the guards give me a final chance to change my mind.

When I ignore them and knock on the iron door lightly, the pair back away as fast as they can. "Hey Viktor, guess who came to see you."

"Glenn?" His confused voice mutters on the other side of the door, letting me know it's safe to unlock it now. "Why are you back so soon? Did something go wrong at Belle Reve?"

"Better than I could have imagined." I admit with a chuckle.

He's far happier than I expected, when I finally reveal my own record is spot free. "And so after the League stopped Black Lightning, they discovered he was almost half machine. Which is how we found out what happened to my mother, wasn't actually my fault."

"That must be a relief." Viktor hesitates with his words, watching me for a surge of emotion that never comes.

"In more ways than one." I give the man a face splitting smile. "I get to help save a life this time."

He frowns and puts down the blood samples he was working with before my arrival. "Explain."

"Morrow created replica organs capable of running for more than a hundred years. And if you want..." I'm an organ donor myself, so why does this make me feel so weird. "I can have Batman bring you the ones my mom had. The League's already agreed to it."

"Are you serious?" Gasps the man I wish was my father. "You mean that Nora will live?"

"I do have to warn you off of having any natural children though." Don't think about it. "That is the reason this is even an option."

Viktor doesn't say anything as tears start running freely down his cheeks. "That's not a concern Glenn. I already have a son."

It takes a few seconds to sink in. But when I realize he means me, I throw myself into Viktor's open arms. For the first time in months, I feel protected.​

Last edited:
So, Klarion changed souls of villian and random Austrian painter after which Psimon implanted into him memories of both original Icicle Jr. as well as some random American comics fan from one of parralel Earths. It's explains everything.
Well, that's a little more complex than I was imagining.

Fair, but consider-
Instead of a young Ace you could have an old Ace.

Also- is Jason Blood going to be one of the JL International inductees? That'd be fun, someone to sword fight with Wonder Woman's skill OR brawl like Hulk. Speaking of Wonder Woman, you COULD pull stuff from the live action DC movies. The disappointments from Young Justice's version of the league would certain explain some questionable choices or mental hoops.
Oh... I like that idea.

The two additions I didn't name, are characters who haven't appeared in the cartoon at all yet.

Morrow: My line of sexbots is going to be the greatest in the world!
the early 1900's: You fucking deviant!
Morrow: WELL FUCK ALL OF YALL IMMA BE A VILLAIN INSTEAD THEN!
He should have marketed them as home care an/gyndroids.

Well, that's a little more complex than I was imagining.
He should have marketed them as home care an/gyndroids.
I greatly enjoy your story but for the last few chapters i have been lost.

the young justice chapters make me strack my head. like when they have new team mates and their missions can you give me some more details.because i feel confused

I greatly enjoy your story but for the last few chapters i have been lost.

the young justice chapters make me strack my head. like when they have new team mates and their missions can you give me some more details.because i feel confused
Are you asking me to go back an edit the interludes? Do you want me to answer questions in a comment/private message, or are you asking me to make the Interludes longer from now on?

Viktor doesn't say anything as tears start running freely down his cheeks. "That's not a concern Glenn. I already have a son."

It takes a few seconds to sink in. But when I realize he means me, I throw myself into Viktor's open arms. For the first time in months, I feel protected.
add06ddcfb806c823d8eb13b49debdda.png

As an aside:
Someone with more talent than me should make that meme with the lady pointing at the cat, but it's Roy and Glenn. Also there's an ice sculpture of Roy in a tutu it's very evocative.

Psimon: oh, fuck a duck, KLARION!
*POP*
Klarion: sup?
Psimon: i may have fumbled a bit
Klarion: *looks at a brain+soul dead icicle Jr. On the floor* you don't say
Psimon: okay, maybe a bit more than a bit. But i got a LOT of money for doing this, could you help me fish his psyche back from the immaterium?
Klarion: no-... you know what, sure *grabs for a soul at random*
Psimon: thanks-.... why are his memories different!?
Klarion: not my problem, have fun!
Psimon:.... fffffFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-
... Ya know? It took me this long to wish that Klarion was less of an abnoxious brat and just the goddamn Dude.

His cat is still there, chilling, but then you have this fucking Jesus look-a-like in a permanent Bathrobe, fuzzy slippers, shorts and sunglasses combo that is just chilling around, petting his cat, drinking your very expensive scotch (thanks Lexy) maybe take minute or two of his day tossing chaotic shit at the world and see if it churns the waters, shitting in Roy's toilet tank...
1693cfae64bf9f9ee47c642d1e16d3cf.gif

Classic Dude, ya know?

... Ya know? It took me this long to wish that Klarion was less of an abnoxious brat and just the goddamn Dude.

His cat is still there, chilling, but then you have this fucking Jesus look-a-like in a permanent Bathrobe, fuzzy slippers, shorts and sunglasses combo that is just chilling around, petting his cat, drinking your very expensive scotch (thanks Lexy) maybe take minute or two of his day tossing chaotic shit at the world and see if it churns the waters, shitting in Roy's toilet tank...
1693cfae64bf9f9ee47c642d1e16d3cf.gif

Classic Dude, ya know?
This would actually give Klarion a nuanced yet fitting character, ya know? :V

Dadship ended with icicle , freeze is my new dad
I'm glad everyone liked that resolution.

I wonder if JL will be bankrolled by Plasticman instead of the Batman soon. Much less loses on money washing that way.
It would be at least a decade before he really had enough cash to be in Wayne money range.

Yah know. It might be fun for kirk to be both batman and supermans son. That would be hilarious.
Or a favour from Ra's.

Classic Dude, ya know?
This is amazing. I love it so much.

Interlude 12: In Recognition
Interlude 12: In Recognition
Buckingham Palace, England
September 12, 4:07 PM GMT

"In light of such extraordinary service to Great Britain and rallying your fellows in our time of need." The Queen's words make the blushing lad squirm on his knees. "I dub thee, Sir Thomas Berensford."

The round of applause is resounding once the last title has been bestowed, with Weather Wizard finding it hard to believe he's become the court wizard. "Thank ya kindly for this your majesticness. I promise not to ever break the law here in ya lands."

"See that you don't, I'd hate to revoke such an honour." More amused than anything, the Queen responds with a discreet leer at the boys rippling muscles. "Do you have plans on where you shall go next Sir Thomas?"

"The boss said go to France and lay low, so I'm going back in the morning." Explains the not so terrible Tommy. "I saw a help wanted sign at one of the beaches. Figure I'll give a go at being a lifeguard."

Disappointed but understanding, the Queen opens the question to the rest of her knights. "And you? Can I convince any of you to work for the crown alongside my new 'wizard'?"

"Remy wants to join Tommy in France and he's convinced the rest to outvote me." Ratcatcher rolls his eyes at the very excited white rat on his shoulder. "Insists on sampling all the cuisine in Paris as our reward."

"I want to get this arm looking a little more..." Holding up an elbow that now is wired into one of Mister Twister's arms. "Human."

Intrigued at how quickly he replaced his arm, Princess Andrea makes an offer. "If you could expand such services to my husband Dane, the free advertising would draw clients from around the world."

"You'd actually give me a proper lab?" Blinks the very giddy Cheapjack. "No more scrounging at the dump for parts?"

Gotham City, New Jersey
September 12, 3:39 PM MDT

"How did Glenn get so many of us right and yet he's so wrong on the big two?" Dick Grayson frowns at the list of names Roy handed him before rifling through his dad's closet for something that wouldn't be missed.

"I'm not sure," Admits Roy as Barbara shakes her head at the black suit. "But you know what this means, don't you?"

Snorting at the expression on the archer's face, Dick tries not to devolve into full blown giggling. "You're totally going to screw with Glenn."

"Of course I am and that's why I need you to patrol with Kirk a few times a month." With a devious grin, Roy holds up a blue button down for Batgirl's inspection. "And in return, get him to help out here in Gotham."

"When do I get an invite to the club?" Barbara chimes in after finally approving a look for Roy. "You already invited another new girl." Learning about Rocket's offer last night, was just one sidekick too many for her.

Appearing behind the trio unnoticed, Bruce Wayne lets out a cough that somehow manages to sound dangerous. "Whenever you decide tell your parents."

Shaking her head at that being something even close to being considered, Barbara drops the issue. "So, college?"

"How much did you hear?" Groans Dick as he and Roy exchange nervous glances.

"Enough to know that Barbara is right. Roy doesn't have the complexion for black at all, would completely wash him out." Grabbing a red silk tie, Bruce hands it to a wary Roy.

"And don't worry about the arrangements." The smirk Bruce flashes, gets a heavy sigh of relief from the teens "I'll talk to Superman and set up a schedule." With a final wink, he struts away whistling.

When his heart stops trying to burst out of his chest, Roy places the tie with the rest of his borrowed ensemble. "Is their anything Batman isn't great at?"

"Alfred cooks for a reason." Dick doesn't hesitate to throw the man under the bus. "And don't tell Green Arrow. But he's only above average with a bow."

Snickering as they start to poke at Batman's flaws, Barbara is next to share one. "I don't think I've heard him say thank you more than twice."

"Sorry is just an urban legend around here," Agrees a scowling Richard Grayson.

"Lips are sealed," Promises Roy, his fingers miming a zipper closing his mouth.

"I can't believe Huntress is letting you come." Barbara frowns, feeling she knows the fellow hero enough to claim her as a friend.

Knowing he pushed hard against the girl's inclusion at first, Roy sighs with understanding. "Glenn already spilled the beans. I just think she's using this to see how I act out of the costume."

"Not everybody does the whole split persona thing." Points out the Boy Wonder, finding it hard to picture Oliver Queen acting any different out of the costume. "She's going to be disappointed you're the same old jerk."

"After what Glenn did to his own dad. I'm glad Red Volcano beat him to Morrow." Roy thinks back to the grisly scene in the lab beneath Yellowstone. "Not that I could really blame him though. Finding out Senior had his wife turned into a cyborg, that's pretty messed up."

Smirking at his leader's conflicted expression, Dick can't stop himself from poking. "I need to get Greta some new posters for her room. She's really done wonders at getting you to calm down."

"If I act like Billy around her, she might never look at me the same again." It's easy for Roy to vocalize after having spent so long alone with the impressionable spirit.

"The caring older brother shtick is way hotter than the angry loner." Barbara gives the archer a look that upsets Dick more than a bit.

Gotham City, New Jersey
September 12, 5:02 PM MDT

"Grab my shirt," Paula hisses at Ted, only taking a moment to check out his butt as he hopes back into his jeans. "Artemis left a message. They picked up Glenn and are going to be here at five!"

Seeing the heat in her glare, Ted frantically grabs the shirt off a lamp. "How is this my fault? You're the one who asked me to help you move a shelf!"

"I'm just not used to having decent men in my home. Finding a great one like you, was just a prize I couldn't pass up." She smirks back and points at his own shirt soaking in the sink.

"Artemis doesn't have any powers. I wasn't going to send her into the field with any less gear than I use." Ted tries to deny he's anything special among his fellows, which only makes Paula's smile grow wider.

Pulling him down for a final kiss, Paula makes it clear this isn't going to be a one time thing. "And that's already more care, than Lawrence showed all three of us combined."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back