• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Oh Fuck, here we go- [SI Quest, Skyrim]

... They were not seriously planning to have a dramatic face off right now, were they?

"Did you two forget the DRAGON? Run!" I was already moving, even as I muttered about moronic meatheads.

There was really only one way to go. Fortunately, the lizard had vacated the path. I guess it wasn't that smart, if it took off when it had us trapped. Or maybe it just thought there were more important people to kill? The dismissive look jumped to mind, and I gritted my teeth-

"Stay close to the wall!" One of the men shouted. I nearly tripped, slamming myself into the stone- And then the beast was right above me, spewing fire and roasting a man alive. As I watched in horrified fascination, fat boiled under charring skin.

Oooh yeah, I was almost definately going to need therapy after this. Wait, did this place even have therapists? I shook the thought off as the dragon took flight, and scurried through a ruined house into an open battlefield.

"Fall back to the Keep, soldiers! We're leaving!" The Keep. Nice how I didn't actually know the town, and thus had no idea how to get to the keep...

I was sweet on a girl from Helgen once...

Red. I quickly spun on my feet, to see the two meatheads glaring at each other. "Right, where is the keep?"

"This way," The soldier responded, breaking from the brewing confrontation to lead past the carnage.

The keep was past a couple of small town streets, blazing houses blocking it from sight. Once that was clear and I got a look at it, my first impression was of an absurd size- It wasn't a terribly tall building, but a quick glance revealed it as big enough to nearly match the rest of the town. What sort of importance did this little place have to justify such a fortress?

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of an argument brewing.

"... doesn't matter, you're a traitor!"

"A traitor? Me? I serve my people, and the true king of Skyrim! Jarl Ulfric earned the crown by right of combat, as a true Nord!"

"Listen to what you're saying- Do you really think that defeating a lad just barely into his manhood is honorable combat? And even then, he didn't have the guts to fight the lad fairly! He used the Voice, Ralof- A wizard's trick, not a thing to be proud of."

"The Thu'um is not the tool of a coward, Hadvar. Only the greatest of heroes and sages uses the voice-"

[] Guys. Guys, stahp it. STAHP IT, GUYS.
-->[] "Really? You're going to do this now?"
-->[] "You've both got a point- but DRAGON."
-->[] "GET TO DA CASTUUUL!"
[] Side with Red Ralof
[] Side with Soldier Boy Hadvar
[] Screw these guys, I'm OUTTA HERE.

[X]Guys Stahp it
-[X]"You're Nords and there's a dragon about! We have people to warn and Army to build. Fight LATER!

[X]Guys Stahp it
-[X]"You're Nords and there's a dragon about! We have people to warn and an Army to build if the dragons are attacking in force. Fight LATER!

[X]Guys Stahp it
-[X]"You're Nords and there's a dragon about! We have people to warn and an Army to build if the dragons are attacking in force. Fight LATER!

A Skyrim quest. Cool.

[X]Guys Stahp it

[X] "Holy shit you guys, enough with the politics! THERE IS A FUCKMOTHERING DRAGON IN THE SKY! AND IT WANTS TO EAT US! LIVING IS A BIGGER PRIORITY!"

This was a terrible idea. On the other hand, sometimes terrible ideas worked.

"Are you men, or are you squabbling children?" I snap at the two, setting them aback. "You two have issues with each other, sure. But there is a time and a place to work out your issues," Like a marriage therapist's office, part of my mind snarked, "And a DRAGON ATTACK IS NEITHER! Politics can wait."

"How can you say that," Ralof begins, "He was going to sit back and watch while the empire killed us for the 'Crime' of supporting our own traditions! Traditions which helped to found the empire, and which held it together for all these centuries-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but DRAGON," I stated, backing towards the door.

Ralof snorted. "Yes, I get it- The dragon is the issue h-" He was interrupted by the crack of wings unfolding behind him.

As the three of us ducked into the fortress, Ralof barely avoiding a blast of flame as he practically leaped, I reflected on how well the locals could run once they had reason.

Still, we were now in the base of a great tower. I looked up nervously at the hollow interior- Was it big enough for the Dragon to fit in? It seemed close to that size, and I had already seen it jam it's way through similar stonework before.

A scream-like roar echoed through the building, shaking dust and a few pebbles from the walls. Well. Hopefully, this thing had some sort of secret backdoor or other that would let us sneak off from the area without the Lizard noticing.

My thoughts were interrupted by Ralof tossing me a bloodstained bundle of some sort. The breath wuffed out of me, and I very nearly fell flat on my ass.

"Put that on," He stated simply. "He won't be needing it any more." At a quick glance, I saw another man laying on the floor, congealed blood still dripping from his mouth. I went to examine him, feeling at his pulse. Weak, but still there-

"We don't have any medicine, and unless you've got some healing magic you haven't been telling us about, he's as good as dead." Ralof shook his head slightly. "It's a pity. He was a good man- And a true Nord." The last was said with a mild glare in Hadvar's direction, but fortunately it seemed the Legionairre wasn't rising to the bait this time.

The armor was loose, and jangled distractingly as I slipped it on over my own clothing. Once I had strapped it on as tightly as I could, Hadvar handed me a sword- A gladius, my mind said. Shortsword, good for hacking and stabbing.

... I had no idea how to use a western sword. I hadn't even gotten much practice with chinese weapons.

Oh well. Pointy end goes in the other guy, right?

It was at that point that I heard the sound of metal grinding against stone from beyond one of the doors. Ralof, looking through, hissed through his teeth as he drew a pair of axes- "Imperials!"

"Hold on, I can probably talk to them-" Hadvar interrupted.

[] What do?

[X] "Come on, people! Can we at least try to talk before we hack the shit out of each other?"

[X] "Come on, people! Can we at least try to talk before we hack the shit out of each other?"

-[X] "There's a fucking DRAGON attacking!"

--[X] "No seriously. Dragons trump politics."

[x]Talk First. Apeal for reason this is no time for battles among men and we all have things to do. There is no telling what things might be in here or even if that is only dragon or if this place will survive our escape.

Last edited by a moderator:

--[X] "No seriously. Dragons trump politics."

"Hold it, Ralof," I say. "Let's TRY talking first."

Ralof growls slightly, deep in his throat. "Talk? They won't listen- Not to criminals like us." I stifle a wince at the harshness in his tone, before steeling myself. "That doesn't matter," I say, "So long as we make an attempt to talk things out."

After a moment, he steps towards the back of the room and lowers his axes. At about the same time, the wall-grate begins grinding it's way upwards-

"I don't see how talking could change my mind," Oh. Oh, damnit, it's that bitch who decided to throw me on the block for shits and giggles. "But you have five minutes to convince me that at least -you- are not a traitor, Hadvar."

Hadvar tenses slightly. "I am loyal to the empire, first and foremost- But if this dragon intends to kill us all, then I will do what I must to ensure it's survival."

Officer Bitch nods, slightly. "Is that so? Then what about after?" She gestures at us. "If we leave stormcloaks, war criminals like these two, alive? Then they will almost certainly find some way to hurt us later."

"Is the chance of us hurting you later worth removing the chance of us helping you now?" I'm gambling with this- Really pushing my luck. But honestly, given the worst case is already being killed, I don't see how escalation can go worse on my end.

The woman stares at me for a second. "... You. Where did you come from, anyway?" I bit off a sarcastic retort as she continued, "I thought I had just missed you in the chaos, but you don't look like a warrior. Are the Stormcloaks press-ganging their noncombattants now?"

... How to respond to this. "I wasn't press ganged. I don't even know how I ended up on that caravan. The last thing I remember is..." Pain. A searing jet of fire behind my eyes made me clasp my hand to my head. "I... Don't remember."

"... Is that so, then?" Commander Bitch's gaze unnerves me. "Very well. I suppose there's nothing to be gained by killing you lot right now."

Great. Well, that's a few more minutes of life at least. We'll see how it goes from there I guess.

[X] ?!?

I always killed that bitch and claimed her helmet to display as a trophy later.

[X] "We should get underground, there is an escape tunnel right?"

[X] "We should get underground, there is an escape tunnel right?"

[x]We should get moving. Keeps like these always have a way out back right? We should also have a Stormcloak and an imperial upfront. That way we can stop nonesense and hot heads and get out of here alive to warn everyone else.

[X] We should get moving. Keeps like these always have a way out back right? We should also have a Stormcloak and an imperial upfront. That way we can stop nonesense and hot heads and get out of here alive to warn everyone else.

[X] We should get moving. Keeps like these always have a way out back right? We should also have a Stormcloak and an imperial upfront. That way we can stop nonesense and hot heads and get out of here alive to warn everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back