• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

OP control over displayed Similar Threads

SwiftRosenthal

Connoisseur.
First, I'd like to be able to blacklist specific threads from appearing in the Similar display in a thread that I've made, not just for me (Ignore already exists) but for anyone reading the thread.

Second, I'd like to be able to endorse specific threads so that they're more likely to appear in the same display, again not just for me but for anyone reading the thread.

I have no idea how much control there even is over Similar Threads, much less how much can be delegated to a thread's OP.

First, I'd like to be able to blacklist specific threads from appearing in the Similar display in a thread that I've made, not just for me (Ignore already exists) but for anyone reading the thread.

Second, I'd like to be able to endorse specific threads so that they're more likely to appear in the same display, again not just for me but for anyone reading the thread.

I have no idea how much control there even is over Similar Threads, much less how much can be delegated to a thread's OP.
I'm not even sure why that similar threads thing is here, no one likes it and it had been outright removed in the testbed version. So I don't know why it's back?

I'm kind of fond of it, I don't use it that often but every once in a while you find something relevant and enjoyable in there.

Why are you trying to control what other people get to see from your thread? That seems... Honestly kinda weird and police-y? You're allowed to not like and ignore certain threads sure, but it seems pretty unreasonable to go 'I don't like these so you're not allowed to find out about them.' Like if a published author tried to pull some kind of stunt demanding every bookshop carrying their book never put it next to specific other books, like... What?

Basically I don't see how you have any right to request that kind of thing, even assuming it's possible in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm kind of fond of it, I don't use it that often but every once in a while you find something relevant and enjoyable in there.

Why are you trying to control what other people get to see from your thread? That seems... Honestly kinda weird and police-y? You're allowed to not like and ignore certain threads sure, but it seems pretty unreasonable to go 'I don't like these so you're not allowed to find out about them.' Like if a published author tried to pull some kind of stunt demanding every bookshop carrying their book never put it next to specific other books, like... What?

Basically I don't see how you have any right to request that kind of thing, even assuming it's possible in the first place.
I just don't want a case of plagiarism, that the mods ultimately nuked, to be the top result in my thread's Similar box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back