• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pokémon Journey

Which region is your character from?

• Total voters
I suspect I'll be stuck with a Zubat with that encounter rate. Or a Magikarp.

It's 49, not 70! So you have options, not good options(zubat, for all we rag on it, is better than many of them), but options.

Just off the top of my head is onix(traded from bellsprout, which has a very high encounter rate), poliwag, and heracross(headbut, has a 90% encounter rate in 1 area).

Poliwag is pretty good.

But that's just me.

Remember RP should be fun first. You don't have to start with one optimal for late game. You could also start with a Pokémon you cannot find until a late-game area and thus would normally not consider.

Or hell, just one people rarely think to use... Grimer, Koffing. Or hey, Horsea or Seel. Doduo could be fun too. Why not a Ponyta either?

Remember RP should be fun first. You don't have to start with one optimal for late game. You could also start with a Pokémon you cannot find until a late-game area and thus would normally not consider.

Or hell, just one people rarely think to use... Grimer, Koffing. Or hey, Horsea or Seel. Doduo could be fun too. Why not a Ponyta either?
I thought about Grimer, but its side effects are too nasty.

Bailey Matutine
By the way, how long do you want to keep entries open? Just wondering since, given we are currently in a weekend, kinda ideal for those on break to start on IC.

Dratini has a 60% Encounter Rate in some places, iirc.

And Dragonspiral Tower in Unova, apparently.

I'm leaning most towards using Showdown.

I will PROBABLY be closing entries on Wednesday.

Eh, I'll bow out. I shouldn't join an RP when I have a quest to do when I get back.

• Wu, Hsiao Ming

dHebIDv.jpg

Home: Blackthorn City
    Bio: Prepare for trouble! And make it double! Of course, after the failed takeover of Goldenrod City Radio Tower, the fledgling re-emergent organization under Archer splintered and faded into the background. That was five years ago, when Hsiao Ming was just an anonymous grunt getting her butt kicked by Kotone when she was helping farm Slowpoke tails. Now, after five years of hiding low, she was confident in being able to lead another revival of Team Rocket! Not.

A scant two hours after proclaiming herself as the new head of the rockets at the city square, she was ran out of town by Clair and her Dragonite. Just maybe the five years could have been used in training her Pokemon instead of slaving away at the Pokemon Mart, oops. And we're running off again~

• sM9umpl.png

Species Gligar
      Sex Female
      Met Route 45
      Level 7
      Ability Immunity
      Nature Impish
      Moves:
      -Poison Sting
      -Sand Attack
      -Harden

Last edited:
... Yeah, you know what, I'm game. I'm making another Rocket. We need to make Unova great again.

Kanto native who decided to pack up and move after some... suspiscious... explosions in Saffron City.

Name: Senmei
Bio: Senmei comes from Ecruteak City, in Johto. A peaceful and a beautiful city, he grew up next to the famed Kimono Girls, under the shadow of Bell Tower. A city rife with folk tales and stories, he grew up with the old tales and myths as every child in Ecruteak did. Unlike most, however, these tales fascinated him, and he spent most of his childhood memorizing them. Though he considered studying under Morty, a man much like himself who was enthralled by the lore of old, he eventually decided to simply travel the world and learn more about these myths and legends, and maybe find out if any are true. Taking his trusty growlithe, Kaen, he set out for the wide world, devoting most of his time to study and research rather than training. Recently, he has arrived in Unova and has come to realize that if he truly wishes to make progress, he must sharpen his skills as a trainer.
Appearance:
f6321b69a82cf0f4b11dc6c16683a58c.jpg
Starter: Kaen the Growlithe
Met: Route 37, south of Ecruteak, when Kaen was a pup and Senmei was a child.
Home: Ecruteak City
Egg Move: Crunch

This goes for anyone else I missed as well, but generally a move with more than 60 power will not be allowed, and 60 power moves will be edge cases. You can have a weak egg move appropriate to a level five pokemon or a hidden ability.

Name: Aquamarine
Bio: Cool and aloof, but also lazy and apathetic. Met Sneasel while wandering through the dangerous Snowpoint Temple out of boredom. Proceeded to do fuck-all for a while before winning a raffle for a tourist cruise vacation to fabulous Unova region. Missed the return boat by accident. Opinion on the matter: "Well, I guess we live here now."
Appearance: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3030973
Starter: Sneasel, female, Keen Eye, Naughty nature
Met: Snowpoint Temple
Home: Snowpoint City
Egg Move: Ice Shard

This goes for anyone else I missed as well, but generally a move with more than 60 power will not be allowed, and 60 power moves will be edge cases. You can have a weak egg move appropriate to a level five pokemon or a hidden ability.
I misread the power as 60, because it was right below Covet. Would Double-Kick be an allowable move? It's 30 Power, technically, but hits twice so is more like 60 Power. Only other semi decent option is Fire Spin which is just kind of lame, and I don't really care for Growlithe's Hidden Ability.

• Kathleen J. Black

6o38YEY.png

Bio: Kathleen's family owns a small ranch on the suburbs of Virbank city, where she was raised as a hard-working girl. She didn't leave for her Pokemon Adventure when she was younger, instead deciding to stay on the ranch to help and further her education.

One night though, Kathleen found a small cute Ralts sleeping on the barn, surrounded by food crumbs from some of the Pokemon feed. Oddly enough, the Ralts didn't run away when they noticed each other's presence.

Kathleen named the Ralts Eirene.

Slowly, a friendship formed until Eirene decided to be captured. And thus now, with her Pokemon at her side, Kathleen decided she wanted to visit the world!

Every single one of her friends had left and traveled through Unova, some of them even to other regions! And most of them settled in other cities to boot! And now, it was time for her to go to the cities! To have adventures! To meet her soul-mate and finally get a boyfriend!

What she did not expect was to find that Eirene was male after visiting the Pokemon Center. Oops.

Well, at least he liked the name.

Starter: Ralts ♂
    Met: Dream Caster
    Home: Virbank City

• Ralts ♂ lv. 5
      11419020_767844613328378_619551407_n.jpg

ABILITY: Telepathy
      NATURE: Timid
      --- Confusion
      --- Growl

Farm, with a few specific pokémon kept as farm animals. Possibly on the edge between Route 20 and Virbank.
I misread the power as 60, because it was right below Covet. Would Double-Kick be an allowable move? It's 30 Power, technically, but hits twice so is more like 60 Power. Only other semi decent option is Fire Spin which is just kind of lame, and I don't really care for Growlithe's Hidden Ability.
No love for Morning Sun? Paired with the sunny day you're gonna want anyway, it restores full health. Double kick is fine. I also might have allowed some tutor or TM moves as egg moves.

Signups will remain open for a few more hours.

Last edited:

These are the applicants I am reviewing now. If you have not yet submitted a sheet, I will not be looking at it at this time, but you may be able to get in later.

A few of those could work, but I was more thinking something to help with the farming. An earth type or grass type to sow the fields, perhaps.

Bailey doesn't love us anymore~

ahahah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back